Black's Bar & Kitchen
7750 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Black's Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blacksbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3016525525
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lite Fare Bar Menu: 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Late Night Menu: Thursday 10:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dane Sewlall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Black's Bar & Kitchen
Black’s Bar And Kitchen is the most appetizing news to swim into Bethesda in seasons.” “I have yet to meet a fish dish I don't like here” Tom Sietsema, The Washington Post. Welcome to Black’s Bar & Kitchen, Bethesda Maryland’s premiere restaurant. Recently named Maryland’s Favorite New Restaurant for 2007, Black’s serves a refined menu of Modern American cuisine with an emphasis on seafood. Black’s innovative menu blend organic ingredients with a light and fresh flair, including regional flavors from Virginia’s Northern Neck and Southern Maryland’s agricultural development coalition and showcases the finest organic meats and game. The wine selection, over 300 labels in all, is prominently displayed in a new state-of-the-art, temperature-controlled wine room. Black’s received the Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Black's Bar & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Black's Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (65)vibrant bar scene (41)good for groups (41)notable wine list (34)romantic (33)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (30)hot spot (21)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great seafoodReliablyexcellentDined on 8/31/2014The oysters and shrimps were fabulous. But if you want the traditional eggs-bacon-and such, you can have it ,too. And the service was first class. ~ bingSpecial Features:
- Beautiful spot for dinnerNawlinsDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner - enjoyed a variety of fresh raw oysters. Great service, fun evening. Menu was a bit limited - would have liked more fish options, but crabcakes were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnHVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hadn't been here in some time. Greatly enjoyed our return. Service was delightful and all the food was delicious. Make sure and try the oysters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Bob provided excellent service. Food delicious and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT experience had!!BeckardDined on 8/23/2014My Wife and I looked for a great eating experience and we found it. The Raw Oysters were top notch and the Steak was perfect. We ordered Key Lime for desert (our favorite) and Black's is now on our "favorite list". We will defiantly be heading backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at Black'sIluvfoodDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful meal at Black's. Great food and service. Will go back again! Thank you.Special Features:
- Another Great EveningGinger4LuckDined on 8/22/2014Black's, once again did not disappoint us in any way. The food was absolutely superb as always. The Oysters were excellent and the crab cakes and soft shell crab were cooked perfectly. We always reserve Black's for all of our special occasions i.e. birthdays, anniversary etc. I would recommend Blacks to anyone without any reservations what so ever. We will be back again and again and again. Complements to the Chef......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealKAL90Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed our meals- gazpacho and soft shell crab & clams and seared tuna. But the gal of the couple we were with had some food allergies and the waiter seemed exasperated with her requests. That was kind of unfortunate and affected the tone of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthdayBirthday101Dined on 8/18/2014I took a friend there for her birthday and we had a wonderful time. The service and the food were both equally outstanding. I would consider this to be among the top restaurants in Bethesda!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun lunchPinkeyDined on 8/18/2014Met with a group of girlfriends for lunch. Really enjoyed their Express Lunch menu that included a glass of wine, starter and main course for $18.00. Ate on the patio. Service was relaxed but attentive. I've been here many times for dinner and drinks and have always enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchsussVIPDined on 8/17/2014Glorious cold seafood spread, great salads, several sumptuous entrees and desserts that make you feel so guilty! Keep it up! Don't raise prices! We want the pig roast again!Special Features:
- Nice EveninghungryDined on 8/16/2014Overall seafood was very good, but crab cakes were disappointing. Wine list is impressie, but somewhat pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee41VIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice to know the Black group does entrees beyond wish well -- we enjoyed our veal sutlets and duck breast very much.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014the swordfish was disappointing and the seafood stew much to spicy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Food was nothing out of the ordinary and the drinks were way overpriced - I think you can get a better deal elsewhere in Bethesda.
- Not Bethesda's bestFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Overpriced for average quality food. Pushy service doesn't give you time to conduct any conversation. A nice place to have a drink during happy hour, but not to have dinner.
- Great!VikkiDined on 8/11/2014I love Black's...great food, great service, definite winner! They even gave us little treat bags after dinner because it was a birthday...very thoughtful, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyTheHonestTruthVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was ok, but overpriced. Sidewalk seating was nice and worthwhile on an appropriate night. Crabcakes were run-of-the-mill, fried oysters way too greasy. Second time here. Same results, some food is good, some not-so-good.
- Food tasted greatHighmetabolismDined on 8/8/2014Great meal overall. The server was very well versed on the menu and suggested great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply unparalleledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014I have taken my daughter here to introduce her to oysters and, again, with a friend, for birthday brunch. The other night, we were there to celebrate our marriage --earlier in the day-- because my wife and I knew, from experience, that Black's was the only place to go. We were certainly not wrong! Black's never disappoints! The service was impeccable, the atmosphere just right; and, of course, the food was superb--imaginatively, attractively and deliciously prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014I had the Bronzini my friend had the scallops. The fish was overcooked without a lot of flavor. Have had this fish many times and have cooked it myself, but this was pretty tasteless. The waiter normally asks if you would like it de-boned but not at Black's. I probably would not come back for dinner. Might try the Happy Hour. For the price I thought food was just ok.
- Great experienceJamesDined on 8/3/2014I had not been to Black's Bar & Kitchen since it was completely remodeled. The restaurant is now really nice where before it felt more like a bar. The food and service were both very good and I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC1234Dined on 8/3/2014Love Black's Kitchen & Bar. We live out of state and stay in Bethesda when visiting our daughter at AU. This visit Black's was the restaurant I picked for a special family dinner. It was fantastic. We all LOVED our food, from apps. to the dinner rolls. Selected one Sunday 1/2 price bottle of wine was an added bonus. The bits of chocolate made daily at end of the meal also incredible. Slight disappointment with dessert, Heathbar dessert not very chocolate. Highly recommend Black's Kitchen & Bar great experience.Special Features:
- Great brunch!Chatterboxx1969VIPDined on 7/27/2014I've been to Black's a number of times for dinner, but this was my first time for Sunday brunch. My family enjoyed a wonderful selection of brunch foods. The waiter was nice, but we really needed him to come check on us more often. I will definitely be back for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gimme raw bargreggiedDined on 7/21/2014do ya like trying oysters from all over north amercia (about 15 different choices) and a healthy selection of "not your average" seafood selections? do you like winelists that range from $35 malbecs to $3400 exotics? then this is your spot. highly recommended over some of the other, more standard bethesda dining options.Special Features:
- DeliciousellencVIPDined on 7/19/2014appetizers were terrific, food was delicious, service outstanding. We had out of town guests who do not have an adventurous palette, they loved it.Special Features:
- RDK058VIPDined on 7/16/2014Very good for small office birthday celebration. Service was attentive and the food was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good place for a business lunchBusiness101VIPDined on 7/15/2014Have dined here numerous times, both for lunch and dinner. Food always is good and if you get a good table it's very conducive to business conversations at lunch time.Special Features:
- ServiceGatorDined on 7/14/2014Excellent service. From our waiter to the person who cleared our plates awesome. That's were it goes downhill. Upon entering restaurant vacuum the entry sometime. Food just okay. We had six people and everyone ordered different items. Seafood significantly better than steaks. Actually steaks don't bother. Honestly would not go back for the price much better places out there.
- Great place to catch-up!evonovichVIPDined on 7/14/2014One of my bridesmaids was in town this week from San Fran. Her parents live in Rockville, and I'm in Falls Church, so we met at Black's. I was sorry to hear about Addie's, but Black's is always a treat! We both had a summer salad - followed by the mussels! One Thai and one Addie's - highly recommend both. We had a terrific time - nearly closed the restaurant - and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fine Fush Dining - BethesdaBethesdaEaterVIPDined on 7/13/2014Always known for its fish and shellfish, Black's maintains it standards that compels one to return,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We both had the filet of trout which was excellent. Tough to choose amongst several seafood options. Cornbrad oysters appetizer also very good. Expect great food at Black's but prices reflect the high end dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The food was good ... Not outstanding for the money. The resturant service was excellent and we wee seated immediatelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft shell crabsSTASADined on 7/11/2014What a treat at the right time of year. Everyone at the table had them and loved them... The salad with the grilled shrimp was delicious.The grapefruit addition is unusual but delicious and refreshing.Special Features:
- Short of expectationsJoeADined on 7/1/2014Black's has a great seafood menu, and we have always been able to count on them. However our last visit was a disappointment. Not worthy of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but pricey seafoodReliablyexcellentDined on 6/29/2014My companions opted for the $43 seafood brunch. They happily over ate, and paid more than 3 times what I paid for the beer braised pork belly Benedict, which I enjoyed for breakfast. - BISpecial Features:
- Bad all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014Service was brusk and unprofessional. Waiter had to read specials haltingly. No eye contact. Mechanical delivery. Did not watch table at all. Long wait for bill. Partner's steak was reportedly good. His potato side was not edible. My "local greens" salad was clamshell lettuces. My trout was really overcooked, hot enough to burn my tongue, sauce had no flavor, and greens were minuscule and over-cooked. (Waiter didn't seem to notice that plates like the potatoes were completely untouched.) It was a Fri night, but not overly busy.
- Almost excellentHappyMoslyVeggieChefDined on 6/28/2014As a chef i really appreciate Blacks attention to detail and vibrant menu. Always fresh, excellent preparations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeCinnamonVIPDined on 6/27/2014When I walk by, this restaurant always smells so good. Finally got a chance to try it. Menu is very creative as are the daily specials. Ordered the fish tacos, which were quite tasty. It's quite a large restaurant and the lighting is very dim. I give it a thumbs up,Special Features:
- Tasty treatsLindaDined on 6/26/2014Pickled green tomatoes? Whoa yea! And that was just the side for the crunchy soft-shelled crab appetizer. Yum! I had the scallops, which were plenty tasty and perfectly prepared, but next to my friend's seafood stew? Sha, that stew was the bomb!Special Features: