3540 Blackhawk Plaza Circle
Danville, CA 94506Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackhawkgrille.com/
- Phone: 9257364295
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:00 pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday - Sunday 11am - 3pm
Monday - Thursday 5 - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 5 - 10:30pm
Sunday 5 - 9pm
DAILY HAPPY HOUR
3-6pm (everyday) and 9-10:30pm (except Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jason Buckley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms and a lavish umbrella shaded patio along the lagoon for any of your events. Our team can help you plan and host corporate meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Grant Johnson 8883022014
- Entertainment: We offer live musical performances every Thursday and Saturday night and Sunday afternoons during brunch!
- Special Events: The Blackhawk Grille regularly hosts weddings, birthday parties, bridal showers, retirement dinners...the list goes on! So next time you're planning an event, think of us! We're happy to help make your occasion one you'll never forget.
A word from Blackhawk Grille
The Blackhawk Grille offers a menu filled with innovative flavor combinations, an extensive wine list and a water-side setting to enjoy a meal, cocktail, or bottle of wine in Northern California's beautiful Danville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Blackhawk Grille - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Blackhawk Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (96)neighborhood gem (58)great for lunch (50)good for groups (40)special occasion (40)scenic view (40)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (37)fit for foodies (31)romantic (28)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (20)late-night find (17)hot spot (17)Show More
- Great TableCookeVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were seated outside as requested and it was terrific! Our waiter was helpful and friendly, just the right attentiveness despite how busy it was (there was a concern that night). We made a last minute reservation, which is why I love Open Table because I can always get a table. I was a bit disappointed with the Reuben sandwich :-( The meat was tasty, but way to oily and it made the bread soggy. Too bad cause the flavor was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local area residentdr06Dined on 8/22/2014Promised outdoor seating. Waited for an hour and was first offered a seat in the least desirable area inside. Asked for another table inside. The food was overcooked. It was very disappointing as we eat there often.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereMarkJPVIPDined on 8/22/2014The first part of the experience I noticed was the outdoor seating area situated by a very relaxing pond and small waterfall. The ducks swam quietly by giving the outdoor dining experience a wonderful setting for getting together with friends or a business meeting. Sometimes the ducks will hop up next to the tables which can be annoying but that seems to only happen when there aren't a lot of people sitting outside. The service was outstanding the last time I visited the restaurant (been there now twice) and the food was very good. The best part of this restaurant is the outdoor dining in my opinion and I plan on frequenting this place many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoppityDined on 8/16/2014Chicken pot pie was dry & too many potatoes & only a little chicken. Too much emphasis on the crust. The creamed spinach was really spinach soaked in cream. Not your basic creamed spinach. Need to change that soggy mess.Special Features:
- Always lovely !!DanvilleDinerDined on 8/16/2014Perfect summer evening of patio dining for a casual dinner with friends. Service very attentive and friendly; food beautifully plated, hot and delicious - just a lovely dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at bestDanvillegrlDined on 8/15/2014We were looking forward to going to Blackhawk Grille for our 22nd anniversary dinner and had requested outdoor seating. When we arrived we were told that there is no available outdoor seating because of an outdoor concert series. 9 open tables sat for more than 45 minutes before being filled as we sat at a bar people watching and dining on overpriced and overcooked food. Most people that were finally seated at tables were having a few drinks-one couple actually brought their own wine-smart move actually. We ordered a full meal with apps and wine-the Lobster roll was mediocre- and my husbands chicken was dry and tough.
- travelingPhilVIPDined on 8/14/2014Not as good as I remember it from a year or more ago.
- one of our favoritesanandVIPDined on 8/8/2014one of our favorites - we each have different items on the menu that we enjoy (again and again!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014The salmon was overcooked; the potatoes undercooked--nearly rare. There were errors on the menu. Overpriced for the value received.
- mediocreAgainstthewindDined on 8/7/2014started with the grilled artichoke appetizer which we have had three times in a row. Each time it is worse. This one was the smallest yet. My hamburger was charred on the outside and dry on the inside. Guess I should not order medium well again but the waiter said it would have some pink inside and not be dry. Dont think we will come backSpecial Features:
- Our favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014This place is always or top choice for any special occasion. It was yummy (the fries are such a treat) and the outside ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDiningDined on 8/4/2014The food was really good and in good portion. The environment is kid friendly if u sit outside...my children enjoyedSpecial Features:
- Always TerrificCookeVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and couldn't have had a more fun. Our waiter was friendly, funny, and engaging. He made super suggestions on food and drinks. We sat at a window by the kitchen pass so it was a bit warm, but otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Dining!LovetoeatDined on 7/12/2014Always love to go the Blackhawk Grill. Inside and outside dining. Friendly staff and food selection is wonderful for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience; Great selectionHungrymanDined on 7/12/2014Terrific, diverse menu options from casual to fine dining. Best pastrami sandwich ever! Outdoor seating is perfect in summer with ponds and ducks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackhawk Grille - 2 thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and we matched by the service. The waiter was highly knowledgable, attentive and fun to deal with . We had a group of 8 and all enjoyed the meal and the environment.Special Features:
- I love Blackhawk grill!!!!PattyDined on 7/11/2014We had a great waiter always enjoy the atmosphere. Thank you for being a late night restaurant Its hard to find that in sleepy Danville !!!Special Features:
- Lunch find!DeboDined on 7/10/2014I met my friend for lunch at the BlackHawk Grille - neither of us had been there in years. It is as attractive as I remember. The service was great. We both had fun ordering the customized Mac and Cheese - how fun! Given that I'm vegetarian it gave me lots of options in addition to the scrumptious sounding veggie burger I will be trying next time. The caramel bread pudding was worth the calories. We both took home enough for another meal of both the Mac and Cheese plus dessert. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatWDined on 7/3/2014Service was very attentive. Most of the food was tasty. The special halibut lacked flavor. Overall it was good experienceSpecial Features:
- Off Night?LoloDined on 7/3/2014Having been to Blackhawk Grille many times over the years, I was excited to spend my date night with my husband and some friends there. The apps were fine, but I ordered the Ahi salad for my entree. I was so disappointed in the salad. From it being drenched in salad dressing to the poor quality of the Ahi, it ruined the night for me. The Ahi was seared perfectly, but was tough and chewy with so many tough fibers going through-I could not even cut it with my knife. I was further disappointed when I told our server about it, he did not remove it from our bill. The dessert was delicious, so at least I left with a good flavor. Think I will stick to the bar next time.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAnnsreviewsDined on 7/2/2014My granddaughter and grandson-in-law took me to Blackhawk Grill to celebrate my 70th birthday. It was lovely. The ambiance was great, the food was very good, especially liked the fondue and veggies, my champagne cocktail was wonderful and my birthday dessert was excellent. I love going to the BHG. Our servers were very attentive and all of the above completed a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK at bestwtorgDined on 6/30/2014Service was slow. Food was just OK.. Ordered desert and it took over 20 minutes to arrive. Almost cancelled the desert.Special Features:
- Picked a bad night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had reservations to celebrate bday. Everything was perfect until we sat down. Didn't order anything but water and a beer. First bad thing is that the fries potatoes were raw, yes whit and flabby raw. Service was slow. We got a pizza, crab cakes and Ahi Tuna. The crab cakes were really good and the Ahi was not so good. No flavor, no color, no nothing. Of course my experience would have been better if I got a fork to eat! Waited 14 minutes for it, yes, I should have gotten up and get it myself. But for an over 30 dollar piece of fish I would hope to receive utensils. We wanted to finish and get out of there. We did but of course without half of the pizza that was supposed to be for us to take home but never made it to our table.....Special Features:
- TammyDined on 6/27/2014There were a lot of servers bustling about. We sat for a really long time before any one of them acknowledged us. But once that happened, the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely patiodisappointedVIPDined on 6/27/2014service tends to be very sporadic and slow but the food is worth it!
- 1976 HS ReuniteLuv2TryDined on 6/21/2014Took seven of the girls I graduated high school with in 1976. I think the waitress was a bit overwhelmed; kept forgetting items we'd request, so we'd have to ask again. Otherwise, she was very helpful, explaining the menu items extensively. Food was GREAT! Cocktails were very tasty. Overall experience very nice -- and the girls from Oregon, tip to bottom of California, all LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- letseatoutDined on 6/21/2014We were warmly greeted at the door. Staff easily moved us from patio to dining room as we determined it would be too windy outdoors. Found food to be very appealing; the pasta was in a delicious, light crème sauce! Grilled seafood appetizer was also yummy. Service good; will definitely return.Special Features:
- small portionsdin3Dined on 6/21/2014Small portions and pricey for what you get. Beef tasted like smoke and nothing else.
- As always...... Excellent!DonnaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Since moving to America two years ago, we have tried nearly every restaurant in Danville, and I have to say, we always go back to the Blackhawk Grille. The staff are energetic, friendly and are always happy to see you. The food and menu is really really tasty, and the setting is just amazing! (I mean come on, who doesn't love eating near a beautiful lake/ river at the end of an outdoor mall, with swans and duckies and tropical plants!) They also have a great value-for-money rewards program. We will be going to the "Grille" for many years to come! The AussiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food can be bettercurageVDined on 6/19/2014My family used to go to this restaurant long time ago. In the beginning food was great, I guess all about chef. After years everything has been change, they add new bar room, but the food there oily, not healthy, in one word Burgerking. If you are into healthy life of style, it would be not easy to find something light to your glass of white wine. But the Ambience is good and service is excellent. Some of my friends saying that the food is overpriced.Special Features:
- Quick LunchCoolhandukDined on 6/18/2014Went with three colleagues for lunch we ordered 2 ceaser salads with chicken, the open pulled pork sandwich with fires and the italian sausage pizza, other thing to say is everyone cleared their plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchmmcampiDined on 6/15/2014It was our first-time coming for brunch on this special day. We were surprised of the variety of food being offered. It was all delicious, fresh, and bountiful. The service was terrific and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulParisDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been here several times since moving to the area, as it quickly became a favorite of ours, and recently we took a group of visiting friends here. We all enjoyed our drinks and food, and the service was excellent as always. I love this restaurant and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014Food was good but our service was lacking. The waitress was nice but not very good. She forgot my second Margarita and had to be reminded and instead of fries with dinner my son ordered a potato and fries arrived. We told her of the mistake and still no potato until his dinner was done and he eventually had the potato for dessert. We also had to ask for salt & pepper and we got table shakers - no fresh pepper was even offered. The food was good but not great. We ate outdoors and it was cold - not enough outside warmers. We did ask to go inside but was told it would be a long wait. This was our first visit (a graduation celebration) and even though we live in the neighborhood not sure we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Was not our best dining experienceFoodieDined on 6/8/2014We went in for my daughters high school graduation celebration. It was early so it wasn't very crowded. The service was not great at all. And the food was ok. We used to love this restaurant before they changed it and have gone back several times to give them chances but I don't think we will go back again. Slow service, not great food, and the restaurant was a mess. I don't recommend it if you were hoping for fine dining like it used to be.
- First time and we will be back!CookeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Thought we'd just search Open Table suggestions for dinner and drinks at 7:00 on a Saturday and this place came up. It was last minute but we booked a 7:15 with no problem. Saw the great outdoor seating and thought we would try to change the table but it was packed, so we will definately reserve that next time! The cocktails were terrific, light and refreshing for the hot weather. Our waiter was really helpful on menu suggestions, the short rib meatloaf and jambalaya were delicious. I did substitute the rice for gluten free pasta, which was undercooked but I prefer more al dente' anyway. Overall really terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly better on a week dayFoodieDined on 6/6/2014We had reservations for dinner to celebrate our son's graduation. The food took forever, 5 out of 6 of our plates were cold, over-cooked, or mis-portioned. The pulled pork sandwich was dry and burnt. The swordfish ($32), one was over cooked and dry, the other was better; one was a 3 inch square cut, while the other was a 1/2 inch triangular cut (dry/overcooked). The ruben was cold. The lobster roll was icy cold, but the waiter said it was suppose to be that way. Overall, great ambience, menu options, waitstaff, but the restaurant was toooooo loud indoors for any communication. Had to ask the waiter to repeat the special as they circled the table to take orders.
- happy with it!RubyDined on 6/6/2014I had an excellent experience at this restaurant, I'll do it again!Special Features:
- Lovely evening on the patio.DanvilleDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great new menu item, flat iron steak, yum! My husband said his pork shank was delicious. Indulged ourselves with the chocolate dessert, decadently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Good, Some BadVineanddineVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wife ordered muscles and an order of crispy fries. I ordered caesar salad and the seasonal flat bread. The wifes muscles were done perfectly, big flavor and fries were crispy and nice. My caesar salad was without flavor, somewhat oil taste and flat bread was somewhat under cooked. The bread could have been cooked longer to provide a crust. Service was with a smile but timing was off as my wifes food came out and my food followed 10 minutes later after we asked where it was. We brought in a bottle of wine to share. Felt that the corkage could have been offered complimentary for the mix up with the flat bread but was not offered and I did not say a word but rather paid and left with a smile.