3540 Blackhawk Plaza Circle
Danville, CA 94506Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackhawkgrille.com/
- Phone: 9257364295
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:00 pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday - Sunday 11am - 3pm
Monday - Thursday 5 - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 5 - 10:30pm
Sunday 5 - 9pm
DAILY HAPPY HOUR
3-6pm (everyday) and 9-10:30pm (except Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jason Buckley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms and a lavish umbrella shaded patio along the lagoon for any of your events. Our team can help you plan and host corporate meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Grant Johnson 8883022014
- Entertainment: We offer live musical performances every Thursday and Saturday night and Sunday afternoons during brunch!
- Special Events: The Blackhawk Grille regularly hosts weddings, birthday parties, bridal showers, retirement dinners...the list goes on! So next time you're planning an event, think of us! We're happy to help make your occasion one you'll never forget.
A word from Blackhawk Grille
The Blackhawk Grille offers a menu filled with innovative flavor combinations, an extensive wine list and a water-side setting to enjoy a meal, cocktail, or bottle of wine in Northern California's beautiful Danville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackhawk Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (44)good for groups (35)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (30)scenic view (30)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (22)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (15)notable wine list (15)Show More
- RicChiefVIPDined on 10/11/2014my wife and I enjoy coming to Blackhawk Grill for the food, service, and beautiful outdoor setting. The new remodel and menu make this a great place to dine or just have a glass of wine. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staff rocks!disappointedVIPDined on 10/10/2014As soon as I sat down the wait brought me my usual iced tea :-) rocking service!
- InsultingJennyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Made reservation in hopes to sit on outside patio but didn't know after 28 yrs I had to request. The "child" hostesses & host were immature and unprofessional. Dressed like Denny's quality. There was room on patio even though we were told differently. Food was so-so at best and VERY expensive. Stupid expensive. Waiter was very nice and accommodating. Needless to say, Saturday night @ 6 pm and three whole tables taken in restaurant. Not much more to say. Don't even bother. This is a loser choice.Special Features:
- Great for any occasionportlandDined on 10/3/2014Great atmosphere! Food is very good! The butterscotch bread pudding is to die for!! The best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunch locationaudroseDined on 10/2/2014Outside dining on the patio next to the pond with duck and swans make the ambience extra special. The great food and wine choices make it even better. Lovely restaurant, exceptional food!!Special Features:
- Excellentrgeniece1972Dined on 9/29/2014Excellent food, amazing ambiance' Went for lunch, sat outside near the pond and watched the ducks. Very relaxing atmosphere, majically delicious food ! Our server was magnificent. He recommended the Butterscotch Bread Pudding ,it was Ah-Mazing!Special Features:
- Nice eveningAlanDined on 9/25/2014The food was great. OUR server Ian was fast, friendly, informative and attentive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor diningMimiDined on 9/19/2014Menu has been updated, more casual dining options. We were pleased with the choices and prices are moderate. They just need to find a way to keep the ducks, who are much too friendly, away from the outdoor dining patio area. Wait staff was very attentive, getting heaters lit before evening chill took hold, always someone bustling about if you needed something. Careful if you order the Jambalaya, it's super spicy!Special Features:
- Inside the Mall, difficult to finddinerdeliteVIPDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I had a pleasant lunch on the patio, however it is difficult to find the entrance to the place, and you can walk all around before locating it! Also, we felt the service was a bit rushed, as the waiter brought out the main fish course while we were still eating the salad, and simply plopped the dishes down anyway! With those reservations, would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be greatelizcaVIPDined on 9/4/2014and this is the last time I will go. The food was again over cooked. I watched my two burgers sit under the hot light for 10 full minutes because they cooked them before the two orders of meatloaf and mac and cheese we ordered. The burgers were less than optimal because of that and the fries were no longer hot but were warm. A lot of money for acceptable. I have been four times in the last three months in the hopes that the former glory would be there, that perhaps I was only there on an off day before. Sad truth is, this is the new reality. At the end, server disappeared and for 10 minutes we were waiting for the bill. Never again.
- DisappointedWineandineDined on 8/31/2014Our food was uninspired and the service was poor. Our waiter was either too busy with outside tables, or forgetful. We were one of three tables inside, yet rarely saw our waiter. Appetizers and main courses were mediocre
- Best dining outside!dinerdelightDined on 8/29/2014I thought we made reservations for the outside patio but if we did, it was not honored. Inside dining was very loud - Much different than the ambience of outdoor dining with strings of lights and ponds. Our waiter was wonderful and we all tried to make the best of the situation. Long story short - On a weekend night, dine outside or go elsewhere! p.s. Is there any way to view my original reservation to double check it??Special Features:
- Lovely venueelizcaVIPDined on 8/27/2014I like this location and place. The service is always terrific. The BBQ chips are addictive. The food, the last three times I have been, has not been as good as I was used to having there. This time, the burger was over cooked and just OK. At the prices, I expect and have historically received more. Not sure I will go back. Too many better options.Special Features:
- Great TableCookeVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were seated outside as requested and it was terrific! Our waiter was helpful and friendly, just the right attentiveness despite how busy it was (there was a concern that night). We made a last minute reservation, which is why I love Open Table because I can always get a table. I was a bit disappointed with the Reuben sandwich :-( The meat was tasty, but way to oily and it made the bread soggy. Too bad cause the flavor was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local area residentdr06Dined on 8/22/2014Promised outdoor seating. Waited for an hour and was first offered a seat in the least desirable area inside. Asked for another table inside. The food was overcooked. It was very disappointing as we eat there often.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereMarkJPVIPDined on 8/22/2014The first part of the experience I noticed was the outdoor seating area situated by a very relaxing pond and small waterfall. The ducks swam quietly by giving the outdoor dining experience a wonderful setting for getting together with friends or a business meeting. Sometimes the ducks will hop up next to the tables which can be annoying but that seems to only happen when there aren't a lot of people sitting outside. The service was outstanding the last time I visited the restaurant (been there now twice) and the food was very good. The best part of this restaurant is the outdoor dining in my opinion and I plan on frequenting this place many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoppityDined on 8/16/2014Chicken pot pie was dry & too many potatoes & only a little chicken. Too much emphasis on the crust. The creamed spinach was really spinach soaked in cream. Not your basic creamed spinach. Need to change that soggy mess.Special Features:
- Always lovely !!DanvilleDinerDined on 8/16/2014Perfect summer evening of patio dining for a casual dinner with friends. Service very attentive and friendly; food beautifully plated, hot and delicious - just a lovely dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at bestDanvillegrlDined on 8/15/2014We were looking forward to going to Blackhawk Grille for our 22nd anniversary dinner and had requested outdoor seating. When we arrived we were told that there is no available outdoor seating because of an outdoor concert series. 9 open tables sat for more than 45 minutes before being filled as we sat at a bar people watching and dining on overpriced and overcooked food. Most people that were finally seated at tables were having a few drinks-one couple actually brought their own wine-smart move actually. We ordered a full meal with apps and wine-the Lobster roll was mediocre- and my husbands chicken was dry and tough.
- travelingPhilVIPDined on 8/14/2014Not as good as I remember it from a year or more ago.
- one of our favoritesanandVIPDined on 8/8/2014one of our favorites - we each have different items on the menu that we enjoy (again and again!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014The salmon was overcooked; the potatoes undercooked--nearly rare. There were errors on the menu. Overpriced for the value received.
- mediocreAgainstthewindDined on 8/7/2014started with the grilled artichoke appetizer which we have had three times in a row. Each time it is worse. This one was the smallest yet. My hamburger was charred on the outside and dry on the inside. Guess I should not order medium well again but the waiter said it would have some pink inside and not be dry. Dont think we will come backSpecial Features:
- Our favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014This place is always or top choice for any special occasion. It was yummy (the fries are such a treat) and the outside ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDiningDined on 8/4/2014The food was really good and in good portion. The environment is kid friendly if u sit outside...my children enjoyedSpecial Features:
- Always TerrificCookeVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and couldn't have had a more fun. Our waiter was friendly, funny, and engaging. He made super suggestions on food and drinks. We sat at a window by the kitchen pass so it was a bit warm, but otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Dining!LovetoeatDined on 7/12/2014Always love to go the Blackhawk Grill. Inside and outside dining. Friendly staff and food selection is wonderful for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience; Great selectionHungrymanDined on 7/12/2014Terrific, diverse menu options from casual to fine dining. Best pastrami sandwich ever! Outdoor seating is perfect in summer with ponds and ducks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackhawk Grille - 2 thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and we matched by the service. The waiter was highly knowledgable, attentive and fun to deal with . We had a group of 8 and all enjoyed the meal and the environment.Special Features:
- I love Blackhawk grill!!!!PattyDined on 7/11/2014We had a great waiter always enjoy the atmosphere. Thank you for being a late night restaurant Its hard to find that in sleepy Danville !!!Special Features:
- Lunch find!DeboDined on 7/10/2014I met my friend for lunch at the BlackHawk Grille - neither of us had been there in years. It is as attractive as I remember. The service was great. We both had fun ordering the customized Mac and Cheese - how fun! Given that I'm vegetarian it gave me lots of options in addition to the scrumptious sounding veggie burger I will be trying next time. The caramel bread pudding was worth the calories. We both took home enough for another meal of both the Mac and Cheese plus dessert. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatWVIPDined on 7/3/2014Service was very attentive. Most of the food was tasty. The special halibut lacked flavor. Overall it was good experienceSpecial Features:
- Off Night?LoloDined on 7/3/2014Having been to Blackhawk Grille many times over the years, I was excited to spend my date night with my husband and some friends there. The apps were fine, but I ordered the Ahi salad for my entree. I was so disappointed in the salad. From it being drenched in salad dressing to the poor quality of the Ahi, it ruined the night for me. The Ahi was seared perfectly, but was tough and chewy with so many tough fibers going through-I could not even cut it with my knife. I was further disappointed when I told our server about it, he did not remove it from our bill. The dessert was delicious, so at least I left with a good flavor. Think I will stick to the bar next time.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAnnsreviewsDined on 7/2/2014My granddaughter and grandson-in-law took me to Blackhawk Grill to celebrate my 70th birthday. It was lovely. The ambiance was great, the food was very good, especially liked the fondue and veggies, my champagne cocktail was wonderful and my birthday dessert was excellent. I love going to the BHG. Our servers were very attentive and all of the above completed a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK at bestwtorgDined on 6/30/2014Service was slow. Food was just OK.. Ordered desert and it took over 20 minutes to arrive. Almost cancelled the desert.Special Features:
- Picked a bad night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had reservations to celebrate bday. Everything was perfect until we sat down. Didn't order anything but water and a beer. First bad thing is that the fries potatoes were raw, yes whit and flabby raw. Service was slow. We got a pizza, crab cakes and Ahi Tuna. The crab cakes were really good and the Ahi was not so good. No flavor, no color, no nothing. Of course my experience would have been better if I got a fork to eat! Waited 14 minutes for it, yes, I should have gotten up and get it myself. But for an over 30 dollar piece of fish I would hope to receive utensils. We wanted to finish and get out of there. We did but of course without half of the pizza that was supposed to be for us to take home but never made it to our table.....Special Features:
- TammyVIPDined on 6/27/2014There were a lot of servers bustling about. We sat for a really long time before any one of them acknowledged us. But once that happened, the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely patiodisappointedVIPDined on 6/27/2014service tends to be very sporadic and slow but the food is worth it!
- The following 893 reviews are from the Blackhawk Grille reviews archive.
- 1976 HS ReuniteLuv2TryDined on 6/21/2014Took seven of the girls I graduated high school with in 1976. I think the waitress was a bit overwhelmed; kept forgetting items we'd request, so we'd have to ask again. Otherwise, she was very helpful, explaining the menu items extensively. Food was GREAT! Cocktails were very tasty. Overall experience very nice -- and the girls from Oregon, tip to bottom of California, all LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- letseatoutDined on 6/21/2014We were warmly greeted at the door. Staff easily moved us from patio to dining room as we determined it would be too windy outdoors. Found food to be very appealing; the pasta was in a delicious, light crème sauce! Grilled seafood appetizer was also yummy. Service good; will definitely return.Special Features: