Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulalipresort.com/dining/blackfish.aspx
- Phone: (360) 716-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Bar: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef David Buchanon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine, prepared using traditional Tulalip Tribal techniques. Enjoy salmon skewered onto Ironwood spears and cooked over an alder wood coals, fresh oystersContinued
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Tulalip ›
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (45)romantic (41)good for groups (34)notable wine list (30)late-night find (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Dinner was very goodKLS64Dined on 11/21/2014Took my girlfriend for her 50th birthday. Everything was very good and we would definitely return. They serve three different flat breads that were very flavorful and crunchy. The breads are accompanied with three different butters. The cheddar & horseradish butter was our favorite. I chose the Sea Bass with a wine/butter sauce. It was grilled perfectly, melted in your mouth and was absolutely delicious. The brussel sprouts were great. The mushroom risotto was a little overcooked but very tasty. My girlfriend had the scallops with black rice. They were also very good but we both agreed that the Sea Bass won hands down. We were too full for dessert but I decided on the S'More martini...yum! I had two more while out and about in the casinor throughout the evening. Our service was excellent and everyone was very gracious. Definitely will be returning and will recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014Our food was outstanding. I had the Crab Crusted Sea Bass, others had the shrimp, one the salmon. All was very good. Our waitress suggested we buy the most awesome bottle of wine, Seven Falls . It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBlahDined on 11/10/2014This was the worst steakhouse I've ever been to, if you can even call it that. For $200, you'd expect table cloths and maybe a candle or something fancier than a pub setting. Terrible wine list and the food was mediocre. Would never go back.Special Features:
- Not for us2frommerrittDined on 11/9/2014We had eaten here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. This last visit my husband and I didn't care for the food. He had the crusted halibut and I had the seared scallops with corn salsa both dishes were quite bland. We will try a different restaurant next time we go.Special Features:
- Disappointingfoodie2shoesDined on 11/8/2014We've been to the Blackfish a number of times and in all honesty the food was very disappointing this last visit. One steak was underdone, both filet mignon's were over-powered by the huge topping of blue cheese (& we both normally enjoy a good blue cheese). Veggies were okay but nothing to write home about. Service was adequate, however, when asked if they had gluten free crackers to accompany their flat bread the response we got from our server was as if we had asked a ludicrous question, we had to ask for a chiller for our open bottle of white wine as it was getting warm sitting on the table and there was a mix-up with one of our appetizers. All in all the food was sub-par for the price and the service was just 'okay'.Special Features:
- Wonderful local farePrincesakjbDined on 11/8/2014Reasonably priced for fresh local wines and seafood. Unique kitchen view. Energetic atmosphere but still personalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfish @ Tulalip CasinoICEPRINCESSDined on 11/8/2014We just visited Blackfish for dinner prior to seeing a comedy show this past Saturday Nov. 8, 2014. We were a group of eight our table was ready on time, Collette our server was great even when we wanted to order two bottles of Duckhorn initially she told us they were out which apparently happens frequently, which is a disappointment and should be remedied as our reservation was for 5:15 pm (the start of their dinner service). However, she found three bottles which we happily took and ordered apps and dinner. Apps came out nicely presented, main courses not so much. The presentation-lacking-the plates were messy, kinda thrown together and we had a couple Halibuts that were overcooked. For the $$$ not impressed. Dessert was great tho!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster HeavenMarcusyDined on 11/7/2014Always best oysters in town, and over 6 choices. love it. beer on tap good. fish always fresh and unique. love it, thanks, will be backSpecial Features:
- Delicious24funDined on 11/1/2014Food was fantastic and the server was extremely helpful with recommendationsSpecial Features:
- Great environment, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014I ordered the filet mignon medium and it was presented as rare so I had to send it back. By the time it arrived cooked properly, my husband was halfway through his dinner. The meal was very good but not great. However, we will go back and try something different next time.Special Features:
- Blackfish Rest TulalipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014food was good enough, but incredibly overpriced! 1st glass of wine was barely a sip.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014A fun place, but very loud. Don't go here for a romantic dinner. Go here for some good food and drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Celebrating my wife's bday the food was perfect and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kumomotos rock!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We love the cracker bread and butter combo served right when you get there! Kumomoto dipping sauce is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall very good all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014server was very good, food was great. wine list was also very good and servers had a good knowledge of the winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMMMM!TriciaDined on 10/22/2014The food was absolutely delicious, but the service was even better! We had the bacon wrapped prawns and salmon and they were both wonderful. Our waitress was attentive and very friendly, making us feel special. We went on a Wed night so there weren't a lot of people there, but it has a cozy feel to it.Special Features:
- service and food was great!byoselfVIPDined on 10/20/2014Service was great with a smile, very attentive, food was awesome, Salmon on a stick, flaky, tasteful. NY Steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST A VERY GOOD RESTAURANTCanadianfans123Dined on 10/18/2014Met our family there from out of town. ( From Canada). Service, food and ambiance outstanding. Had a great meal and felt very comfortable. No rush. Server made sure we were looked after but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant but too loudamateurcookDined on 10/17/2014The food and service is very good. Since the restaurant specializes in salmon, we tried several salmon appetizers and entree's. Just wonderful tasting food. The side dishes surprised us with vibrant tastes that went well with fish. We also tried the oyster sampler which was also great. However, the restaurant was so loud that we had to scream over the noise to talk to each other. This was the only negative that prevented giving this place five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Energetic doesn't really describe it. It was just too loud. A couple of big parties killed the usual romantic intimate atmosphere. Hard to enjoy good food and wine when clearly over served folks are being very loud. However, they have a right to be here too. And the wine cellar tour really was great!Special Features:
- Good Casino FoodBlueGreyVIPDined on 10/4/2014I had the Salmon plate with corn fritters. My parents had the Crab Mac & Cheese and the New York. Was a bit surprised how good the food was and the price was reasonable. Wine listing is average but I would come back here for the food.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I had my birthday dinner here with all my friends and the restaurant was very accommodating for our group. Amazing food and the best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backGidgetDined on 10/3/2014Great food, wonderful service. The grilled salmon and honey spaghetti squash are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GillDined on 10/1/2014We have eaten before at the Blackfish and wasn't disappointed! The menu is great - lots of good choices - the DuckHorn Merlot even greater and entrée very tasty! No room for dessert - next time!Special Features:
- DeliciousfoodyDined on 9/27/2014When we go to Tulalip we always go to Blackfish. The food and service is great.Special Features:
- Dining experienceFrecklesDined on 9/27/2014We dined at Blackfish before the Led ZepAgain concert. Our server (Maria) was EXCELLENT. She knew everything on the menu and made appropriate recommendations. She timed everything perfectly from the appetizers, wine, soups, entre, and dessert. We did not feel rushed. Great wine list. The booth we had was secluded and just right for any romantic occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Collette was very knowledgable of the menu and made honest suggestions. She has a great down to earth attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Black FishFoodieTripDined on 9/20/2014This was our 3rd annual trip to Tulalip and we always ensure that we have a dinner at the Blackfish. This was yet another wonderful dinner. Thank you and we look forward to next year!Special Features:
- deliciousDaisyDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful restaurant, the food is divine, and the service wonderful. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyHonestAbeDined on 9/12/2014Had the crab crusted halibut. Expensive. The fish tasted older and rubbery, not much crab, even the presentation was subpar. Wasn't too impressed with the oysters either. There are far too many good to great oyster houses around the Puget Sound for what I ate here. The service is what I've learned to expect from the tribal casino, which isn't complimentary. With drinks, the bill for supper was far too high. I went here due to the options on the menu. It's clear to me now that reading the menu was the best part.
- Amazinggdmn2n0Dined on 9/12/2014Unbelievable menu offerings. We had just spent the last three months on the Olympic Peninsula as campground hosts... we were so remote that we could not find fresh fish! On the Peninsula! Blackfish has an amazing menu of fresh caught offerings and I believe, time provided, we would have stayed to enjoy all of them. Thank you for a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ernie K.WasabiDined on 9/10/2014Everything was perfect for me except for the lighting. The restaurant was too dark for me even though I sat in a booth along the wall. I still would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business mealMerlinDined on 9/9/2014Took a client to this restaurant. the food, atmosphere, and service were top notch.Special Features:
- OutstandingSitka12Dined on 9/8/2014As always the food was excellent - love the vibrant atmosphere - open kitchen is fun - plan to go back again & again. It was very busy but the entire staff was great - never flustered or cranky - always gracious and helpful. Our server, Krystal was terrific - she even remembered the number of years married we were noting! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A great find in Snohomish countyNurse1Dined on 9/8/2014This restaurant is amazing. The food, service, ambience, and staff was the best we have experienced in sometime. We were there to celebrate our 12th anniversary and wanted a special place to enjoy ourselves. We were recommended a wonderful bottle of wine. Our salad was the vine-rippened tomato salad. It was the best caprese salad we have had since our trip to Italy last year. Our meals were the felet mignon, and crab-havarti topped halibut. Our server was attentive and happily took our photo of us. For dessert, we were served a chocolate ganache on a beautiful white plate with "Happy 12th Anniversary" written in chocolate. It is a higher end restaurant, so a bit more expensive, but well worth the expense. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfishdink9900Dined on 9/6/2014Blackfish is warm-feeling if a bit noisy because of the casino, with thoughtful servers and above all a creative menu with great food.Special Features:
- Noisy but love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The place was full and very loud. But the food was very good and the wine selection the best I've found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestdiningDined on 9/4/2014The food we had was the best and I have traveled around Europe and North America and this was by far on the top of the list. The service and ambiance were also wonderful. I have already recommended the Blackfish to my relatives and will let friends know about it. We are looking forward to eating there again. Thank you for such a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing StaffCandleMindyDined on 8/30/2014Our night started with a traffic delay with one call to the restaurant they had us rescheduled for 1/2 hour later. The staff seated us so we could watch the kitchen & we were never rushed or were out of anything. The food was incredible, we both picked our seafood from the design your own dinner. Halibut for my husband and prawns for myself. Both were tender and light the sides were also done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. The server was attentive and the atmosphere was perfect for our anniversary. The restaurant itself is very open but the lighting is left low so the feel is very romantic. Husband had the smoked ribs and the meat just fell off the bone. The BBQ sauce was tasty and the fried mac and cheese was to DIE FOR! I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. They topped our evening off with a free dessert with "happy 5th anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. This was definitely the perfect place to have a memorable dinner. We shall return! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.