Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulalipresort.com/dining/blackfish.aspx
- Phone: 3607161100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Bar: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef David Buchanon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine, prepared using traditional Tulalip Tribal techniques. Enjoy salmon skewered onto Ironwood spears and cooked over an alder wood coals, fresh oystersContinued
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Tulalip ›
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (29)good for groups (20)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014This place is the best . The food and service is unrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative NW menucarnation57Dined on 8/27/2014Great food choices; difficult to decide as they all looked wonderful. Dungeness crab mac and cheese was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We were excited to go here and the appetizers were really good. Unfortunately, the entrees came and were pretty bad. My steak was tough and overlooked and the lobster was rubbery.Special Features:
- Mostly seafood...AnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014but still made a great steak! The potato pie was delicious as well. Didn't get ribs because I did not want to eat with my hands. The French onion soup as an app was perfect. A little spendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedDjbaldw1Dined on 8/22/2014food was way overpriced and was mediocre at best. Me and my mom paid 110 for dinner and it was mediocre food and very small portions. They dont serve bread outside of small sourdough rolls. The free bread before your food comes is a crispy flat bread thats like a giant tortilla chip. I will never go there again! Save some money and go to red lobster or an average steakhouse they will have better food!
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The Yukon mashed potatoes were to die for :). Excellent dinner and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfish Rocks !island2rkDined on 8/21/2014Maria, our server was outstanding--knowledgeable; friendly and did not rush us. The food ( and obviously the chefs definitely are experienced and it shows) --the lavosh with a selection of butters is one of our faves; --split a starter of alderwood roasted clams: more than enough for two people. Favourite mains: scallops on thai rice; crab mac 'n'cheese; bacon wrapped scallops--oh yum ! Split a hot chocolate cake for dessert--you'll be swooning !Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBelltowndinersVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have dined here several times over the last few years. We always enjoy it. The seafood choices are terrific and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was everything...canuckDined on 8/16/2014Best anniversary dinner my husband and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerCuJo1981Dined on 8/13/2014I took my wife to the Tulalip Casino for a night out on her 30th birthday - spa, dinner, drinks, a few slots etc... Blackfish did not dissapoint. We shared the 'Salmon on a stick' and the Halibut. They were both amazing. Our waitress was terrific, the ambiance was great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelDined on 8/1/2014The clams with apple wood smoked bacon and delicious broth is the best there is! The service is always excellent. Very attentive servers and makes great recommendations.Special Features:
- Blackfish hits the spotfussyinmillcreekDined on 7/28/2014Our 2nd visit and we were not disappointed - all the dishes were great - fresh tasty oysters and the salmon - smoked assortment and their heritage on a stick - excellent. Good pace, friendly and professional staff......every meal at any of the Tulalip restaurants has been a pleasure.Special Features:
- Dinner with the fishes.CoastalYetiDined on 7/28/2014First off the food is great and you even get an entertaining glimpse into the kitchen from most tables. Secondly its nice to be able to mix and match meal options. Finally the staff is friendly and efficient. Great experience overall. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceWhidbeyDreamsDined on 7/23/2014We were very happy to have chosen to spend our 20th anniversary dinner here. The low lighting and tasteful décor set the stage for a romantic dinner. We were blown away with the quality and presentation of our entrées. Each plate was full of flavor and portions were large. The service was also great and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot I was at a casino!Angelina8756Dined on 7/21/2014Went for an anniversary dinner. Amazing food, excellent service! A little dark but other than that, great ambience. Waitress went out of her way to bring us a complimentary customized anniversary dessert. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- 5 Stars North of SeattleLeeGDined on 7/20/2014Nothing in Seattle beats the food, quality, presentation, atmosphere, wine selection, service. Blackfish can go head to head with anything Seattle or Bellevue has to offer. What a luxury to have 5 Star dining North.Special Features:
- TaulalapDined on 7/19/2014Service and servers were outstanding. At least our waitress was constantly waiting on us and very helpful in explaining the various types of dishes and what to expect. Our waitress name was Jill, from Alaska. Extra ordinary. We were able to enjoy our dinner because we were made very clear what we are ordering. How about a raise for her!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food but no celebrationTeresaDined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday and loved the food. The crab crusted halibut was superb! The only thing I did not like was the cous cous that comes with the meal. I tried to substitute it for red potatoes but was told they do not do substitutions for that meal. I tried it after my aunt told me it is wonderful but I did not like it at all and wound up leaving it all on the plate. I would have rather have had the potatoes. I was somewhat disappointed that they do nothing for birthdays. No special dessert, drink, anything. I will go back to this restaraunt someday because the halibut was great but I will not go for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeanniversaryDined on 7/17/2014The seafood bowl was amazing as was the crab covered halibut. Our server, male, was great! They offered us a free dessert as our meal took longer than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzconeDined on 7/6/2014This is the first time the Blackfish was a disappointment, mostly with my husband's Oyster order. The restaurant was very busy and the service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Have gone here twice and the service and food were great.Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdayWorldinerDined on 6/29/2014Took my wife to the Tulalip Resort for her birthday and recommended Blackfish based on a previous visit while attending a conference in Everett, WA. Our group enjoyed it a year ago and my wife absolutely enjoyed this past weekend...excellent presentation/taste/service (i.e., Lucy)...Filet Mignon for her ...Halibut for me. Returned the 2nd night (Tulalip Bay closed Monday)...another out-the-park with Northwest Seafood Bounty and excellent wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014....went in a little skeptical but came away really impressed. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud!sparky56258Dined on 6/28/2014the food is good and the place is really loud. they do up scale meals. the salmon is prepared very well. ask for the sauces on the side ,or it can over power the meat of your choice.Special Features:
- Great Menu and Servicerichreed701Dined on 6/28/2014First off, this restuarant is in a very busy casino. Therefore, you can expect to see patrons from mature couples wearing a dress and jacket & tie selecting from the wine list to a table of twenty-something males wearing baseball caps backwards and chugging Bud Light from the bottle. It's a long hike past slot machines to the nearest restroom. Recommend weekdays as the weekends can be quite noisy. The menu is excellent, and the unique bread and butter alone is worth the trip. Fresh seafood is the house specialty so be sure to check the "fresh board." They also do a great filet mignon. They feature local wines, beers and now spirits. Very attentive staff without being pushy. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- noisymcfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Very noisy! Excellent service and excellent meal! Salmon is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014We have dined at Blackfish many times and this was without question the worst service we have experienced. First of all, we were seated at the last table, right next to the kitchen door when there were other tables available It's obvious that restaurants want the young and good looking front and center but we have come to accept this What was not acceptable was our server ignoring us. We had to flag her down in order to get a wine list. Then she said my choice was one she did not like without offering a suggestion. Blackfish offers a flatbread and usually the server brings it shortly after being seated but once again we had to flag her down. She never came back to check on us. we had to wait way too long for the check. Food goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014I came here my first time for business on a Tuesday in February and had a wonderful dinner with my partner, calm, quiet enough, and our server was attentive, one of the best casino dining experiences I've had. Then I came back, again on business, again dining on a Tuesday and expected to find the same atmosphere and level of attentiveness. . .sadly the restaurant was insanely busy and the quality of the ambiance went down as a result. My server didn't treat me as well as she did when I was with my partner and I could tell there was a huge preference placed on bigger groups even though a good deal of the restaurant's business, as I understand it, is meant to cater to business travelers, often dining alone.Special Features:
- terrible place to eat.skipthisplaceDined on 6/20/2014The shrimp was barely lukewarm, there were no grill marks, no sauce of any kind on it. No spices, nothing. It was the worst, most bland shrimp I have ever had. The vegetables, also, were tasteless, bland, boring and barely warm with 5 completely raw green beans on top. My brother's grilled salmon was good, his potatoes were hard and were barely warm. The broccolini was warm, had no spice, no sauce, no flavor, were limp, not cooked, fried, roasted...we couldn't tell what was supposed to have been done to them. The gouda mashed potatoes were amazing. Waiter didn't bring my change back, we had to walk through the casino. Won't ever go there again.
- ALRGDined on 6/16/2014Both the food and the service were excellent. The place was tastefully appointed and very clean. Nice Place!!Special Features:
- Blackfish was OK.KHFoodieDined on 6/15/2014It took over an hour to get our food and our server seemed annoyed while serving my husband and I. Both my husband and I have served before and are excellent tippers. Just because we are young doesn't mean we are cheap. The food was pretty good once we finally got it but not good enough to ever go back.Special Features:
- BlackfishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent seafood! The Halibut and the Pacific Bounty Bowl were delicious and the appetizers excelled most other seafood restaurants I have been too! The only problem is the walk thru the smoke filled casino which is horrible!Special Features:
- diningdivadiningdivaDined on 6/14/2014Great food! Great service! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/11/2014Our first dining experience at Blackfish was excellent. Everyone was friendly and made us feel very welcome. We loved the atmosphere and menu selections. We ordered the fresh salmon and it was absolutely delicious. Our server also provided excellent service, which made the evening very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Celebration for BirthdaysuzconeDined on 6/8/2014We have in the last few years had many of our family celebrations at the Blackfish. It is elegant without being too pricey, and you get more than your money's worth in delicious food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Not too badbigemannDined on 6/3/2014Pretty darn good seafood. Service was good. Atmosphere is nice... not too loud, just enough light.
- great food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014The presentation was beautiful. The steak and lobster was wonderful, but the veggies were under cooked. Second course came to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014The steaks are cooked to perfection, seafood is fresh and atmosphere is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper RiverFlyer60Dined on 5/17/2014I ordered the Copper River King Salmon and my wife ordered King Crab Legs. The food was excellent. This was easily one f the best pieces of salmon that I have ever tasted. It was prepared just right for maximum good taste.Special Features:
- amazingwineguyDined on 5/15/2014Love coming here. The food, the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.