Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulalipresort.com/dining/blackfish.aspx
- Phone: 3607161100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Bar: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef David Buchanon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine, prepared using traditional Tulalip Tribal techniques. Enjoy salmon skewered onto Ironwood spears and cooked over an alder wood coals, fresh oystersContinued
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Tulalip ›
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (43)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (32)good for groups (27)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- deliciousDaisyDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful restaurant, the food is divine, and the service wonderful. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyHonestAbeDined on 9/12/2014Had the crab crusted halibut. Expensive. The fish tasted older and rubbery, not much crab, even the presentation was subpar. Wasn't too impressed with the oysters either. There are far too many good to great oyster houses around the Puget Sound for what I ate here. The service is what I've learned to expect from the tribal casino, which isn't complimentary. With drinks, the bill for supper was far too high. I went here due to the options on the menu. It's clear to me now that reading the menu was the best part.
- Amazinggdmn2n0Dined on 9/12/2014Unbelievable menu offerings. We had just spent the last three months on the Olympic Peninsula as campground hosts... we were so remote that we could not find fresh fish! On the Peninsula! Blackfish has an amazing menu of fresh caught offerings and I believe, time provided, we would have stayed to enjoy all of them. Thank you for a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ernie K.WasabiDined on 9/10/2014Everything was perfect for me except for the lighting. The restaurant was too dark for me even though I sat in a booth along the wall. I still would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business mealMerlinDined on 9/9/2014Took a client to this restaurant. the food, atmosphere, and service were top notch.Special Features:
- OutstandingSitka12Dined on 9/8/2014As always the food was excellent - love the vibrant atmosphere - open kitchen is fun - plan to go back again & again. It was very busy but the entire staff was great - never flustered or cranky - always gracious and helpful. Our server, Krystal was terrific - she even remembered the number of years married we were noting! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A great find in Snohomish countyNurse1Dined on 9/8/2014This restaurant is amazing. The food, service, ambience, and staff was the best we have experienced in sometime. We were there to celebrate our 12th anniversary and wanted a special place to enjoy ourselves. We were recommended a wonderful bottle of wine. Our salad was the vine-rippened tomato salad. It was the best caprese salad we have had since our trip to Italy last year. Our meals were the felet mignon, and crab-havarti topped halibut. Our server was attentive and happily took our photo of us. For dessert, we were served a chocolate ganache on a beautiful white plate with "Happy 12th Anniversary" written in chocolate. It is a higher end restaurant, so a bit more expensive, but well worth the expense. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfishdink9900Dined on 9/6/2014Blackfish is warm-feeling if a bit noisy because of the casino, with thoughtful servers and above all a creative menu with great food.Special Features:
- Noisy but love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The place was full and very loud. But the food was very good and the wine selection the best I've found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestdiningDined on 9/4/2014The food we had was the best and I have traveled around Europe and North America and this was by far on the top of the list. The service and ambiance were also wonderful. I have already recommended the Blackfish to my relatives and will let friends know about it. We are looking forward to eating there again. Thank you for such a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing StaffCandleMindyDined on 8/30/2014Our night started with a traffic delay with one call to the restaurant they had us rescheduled for 1/2 hour later. The staff seated us so we could watch the kitchen & we were never rushed or were out of anything. The food was incredible, we both picked our seafood from the design your own dinner. Halibut for my husband and prawns for myself. Both were tender and light the sides were also done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. The server was attentive and the atmosphere was perfect for our anniversary. The restaurant itself is very open but the lighting is left low so the feel is very romantic. Husband had the smoked ribs and the meat just fell off the bone. The BBQ sauce was tasty and the fried mac and cheese was to DIE FOR! I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. They topped our evening off with a free dessert with "happy 5th anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. This was definitely the perfect place to have a memorable dinner. We shall return! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceFoodnutDined on 8/28/2014This place is the best . The food and service is unrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative NW menucarnation57Dined on 8/27/2014Great food choices; difficult to decide as they all looked wonderful. Dungeness crab mac and cheese was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafoodWineandDineDined on 8/27/2014The choices here are great. From the type of fish, to the way in which you want it cooked, to the type of delicious salsa/sauce topping you would like to have it served with were numerous and tasty. Make sure you try the crab cakes. The best we've ever had! the service was good, although we felt rushed as our meals arrived before we had finished our appetizer. The restaurant was busy but not full (there weren't people waiting for tables) but had the feeling that they didn't want us to linger. We were not offered coffee refills with our dessert. Being in a casino, this is a great place to have a tasty dinner before a show or hitting the casino for some gambling fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We were excited to go here and the appetizers were really good. Unfortunately, the entrees came and were pretty bad. My steak was tough and overlooked and the lobster was rubbery.Special Features:
- Mostly seafood...AnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014but still made a great steak! The potato pie was delicious as well. Didn't get ribs because I did not want to eat with my hands. The French onion soup as an app was perfect. A little spendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedDjbaldw1Dined on 8/22/2014food was way overpriced and was mediocre at best. Me and my mom paid 110 for dinner and it was mediocre food and very small portions. They dont serve bread outside of small sourdough rolls. The free bread before your food comes is a crispy flat bread thats like a giant tortilla chip. I will never go there again! Save some money and go to red lobster or an average steakhouse they will have better food!
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The Yukon mashed potatoes were to die for :). Excellent dinner and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfish Rocks !island2rkDined on 8/21/2014Maria, our server was outstanding--knowledgeable; friendly and did not rush us. The food ( and obviously the chefs definitely are experienced and it shows) --the lavosh with a selection of butters is one of our faves; --split a starter of alderwood roasted clams: more than enough for two people. Favourite mains: scallops on thai rice; crab mac 'n'cheese; bacon wrapped scallops--oh yum ! Split a hot chocolate cake for dessert--you'll be swooning !Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBelltowndinersVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have dined here several times over the last few years. We always enjoy it. The seafood choices are terrific and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was everything...canuckDined on 8/16/2014Best anniversary dinner my husband and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerCuJo1981Dined on 8/13/2014I took my wife to the Tulalip Casino for a night out on her 30th birthday - spa, dinner, drinks, a few slots etc... Blackfish did not dissapoint. We shared the 'Salmon on a stick' and the Halibut. They were both amazing. Our waitress was terrific, the ambiance was great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We really enjoy the quality of food....our favorite restaurant when we stay at TulalipSpecial Features:
- AngelDined on 8/1/2014The clams with apple wood smoked bacon and delicious broth is the best there is! The service is always excellent. Very attentive servers and makes great recommendations.Special Features:
- Blackfish hits the spotfussyinmillcreekDined on 7/28/2014Our 2nd visit and we were not disappointed - all the dishes were great - fresh tasty oysters and the salmon - smoked assortment and their heritage on a stick - excellent. Good pace, friendly and professional staff......every meal at any of the Tulalip restaurants has been a pleasure.Special Features:
- Dinner with the fishes.CoastalYetiDined on 7/28/2014First off the food is great and you even get an entertaining glimpse into the kitchen from most tables. Secondly its nice to be able to mix and match meal options. Finally the staff is friendly and efficient. Great experience overall. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceWhidbeyDreamsDined on 7/23/2014We were very happy to have chosen to spend our 20th anniversary dinner here. The low lighting and tasteful décor set the stage for a romantic dinner. We were blown away with the quality and presentation of our entrées. Each plate was full of flavor and portions were large. The service was also great and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot I was at a casino!Angelina8756Dined on 7/21/2014Went for an anniversary dinner. Amazing food, excellent service! A little dark but other than that, great ambience. Waitress went out of her way to bring us a complimentary customized anniversary dessert. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- 5 Stars North of SeattleLeeGDined on 7/20/2014Nothing in Seattle beats the food, quality, presentation, atmosphere, wine selection, service. Blackfish can go head to head with anything Seattle or Bellevue has to offer. What a luxury to have 5 Star dining North.Special Features:
- TaulalapDined on 7/19/2014Service and servers were outstanding. At least our waitress was constantly waiting on us and very helpful in explaining the various types of dishes and what to expect. Our waitress name was Jill, from Alaska. Extra ordinary. We were able to enjoy our dinner because we were made very clear what we are ordering. How about a raise for her!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food but no celebrationTeresaDined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday and loved the food. The crab crusted halibut was superb! The only thing I did not like was the cous cous that comes with the meal. I tried to substitute it for red potatoes but was told they do not do substitutions for that meal. I tried it after my aunt told me it is wonderful but I did not like it at all and wound up leaving it all on the plate. I would have rather have had the potatoes. I was somewhat disappointed that they do nothing for birthdays. No special dessert, drink, anything. I will go back to this restaraunt someday because the halibut was great but I will not go for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeanniversaryDined on 7/17/2014The seafood bowl was amazing as was the crab covered halibut. Our server, male, was great! They offered us a free dessert as our meal took longer than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzconeDined on 7/6/2014This is the first time the Blackfish was a disappointment, mostly with my husband's Oyster order. The restaurant was very busy and the service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Have gone here twice and the service and food were great.Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdayWorldinerDined on 6/29/2014Took my wife to the Tulalip Resort for her birthday and recommended Blackfish based on a previous visit while attending a conference in Everett, WA. Our group enjoyed it a year ago and my wife absolutely enjoyed this past weekend...excellent presentation/taste/service (i.e., Lucy)...Filet Mignon for her ...Halibut for me. Returned the 2nd night (Tulalip Bay closed Monday)...another out-the-park with Northwest Seafood Bounty and excellent wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014....went in a little skeptical but came away really impressed. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud!sparky56258Dined on 6/28/2014the food is good and the place is really loud. they do up scale meals. the salmon is prepared very well. ask for the sauces on the side ,or it can over power the meat of your choice.Special Features:
- Great Menu and Servicerichreed701Dined on 6/28/2014First off, this restuarant is in a very busy casino. Therefore, you can expect to see patrons from mature couples wearing a dress and jacket & tie selecting from the wine list to a table of twenty-something males wearing baseball caps backwards and chugging Bud Light from the bottle. It's a long hike past slot machines to the nearest restroom. Recommend weekdays as the weekends can be quite noisy. The menu is excellent, and the unique bread and butter alone is worth the trip. Fresh seafood is the house specialty so be sure to check the "fresh board." They also do a great filet mignon. They feature local wines, beers and now spirits. Very attentive staff without being pushy. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- noisymcfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Very noisy! Excellent service and excellent meal! Salmon is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.