Blackfinn Ameripub - River North
65 West Kinzie Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blackfinn Ameripub - River North
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackfinnameripub.com/
- Phone: 3128360290x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00 am-4:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm-2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm-3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Nicole Degasperis
A word from Blackfinn Ameripub - River North
Blackfinn Ameripub™ is a whole new generation of the classic American pub, a lively restaurant and bar that offers the affordable, craveable American food our guests want to eat. It’s served by great people in a high-energy atmosphere, alongside an extensive list of craft beers and signature cocktails. Blackfinn is the perfect place for friends, family and business patrons to meet for lunch, dinner, happy hour, game day, late night and community gatherings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackfinn Ameripub - River North reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (51)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Solid Sports Bar in the LoopChicagoTeddyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Tons of TVs to watch you favorite sports game. Food is solid and service is above average. Cannot go wrong. Plus, they have have an expansive beer selection.
- Great dinning experienceOuttolunchDined on 10/13/2014Service was excellent. Food was fast and excellent. A great place for a moderately priced lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobWeenVIPDined on 10/11/2014First time that we brought 2 kids (both under the age of 5) into the city for a dinner. And the staff at Blackfinn was extremely accomodating. Great place to meet friends who came in from out of town the day before the marathon.Special Features:
- Good food.JaneRitaDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed the food but didn't like the blaring music and loud Tv's all at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLuv2experiancenewDined on 9/29/2014Great place as we were able to sit outside and enjoy the fall weather. Food was good and nice size portion we had salads though so little tough to mess up. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Slow servicemeg1313Dined on 9/26/2014We went there for dinner and drinks. It took 20 mins for our server to come over and take our drink orders. When he brought the drinks back ten mins later we placed our food order. The food came out quickly and we had finished our meals by the time he came over to check on us. We got our check and went to another bar for drinks. Very slow service.
- Last minuteJackVIPDined on 9/13/2014About 625 Saturday we decided to find a table nearby and open table makes it easy. 7pm and 1000pts and two blocks from our condo. When we got there the place was rocking with young adults enjoying multiple football games on big screens. A bit loud for our taste but the food was great, like the "short" beer on draft too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but service can be better.NA11VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was good, but the waitress was awful. She was not attentive at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Happy Hours and Bar FoodrygordoDined on 8/26/2014The space is new and is very welcoming. They have loads of beers on tap and a great selection. They have just as many food options which gets to the point of being too many. I stick with normal bar food because I find it a little odd they have things like fish (Not saying those options are bad because I've never had them). The burgers are above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub aprovedTrendyDiningDined on 8/25/2014If a casual, bar-type meal is what you're looking for, Blackfinn has got you covered. The waitress was timely, sangria was delicious and the menu had more than enough options to appease everyone. I'm gluten free, so it was a pleasure seeing that the menu offered gluten-free items. We had the seated tuna salad and fish tacos--both we would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I had the rib eye steak with asparagus and creamed spinach. They were all cooked to perfection and seasoned superbly. The key lime pie was a fantastic finish to a great meal. The entire meal was very economical and the servings were generous. My server was prompt and freindly and very attentive.Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We just went for drinks and appetizers before a show and I was thoroughly impressed. I tried a bite of each of the three other peoples appetizers and each time I was disappointed that I didn't choose that item for myself. It looks like a typical sports bar, but a true foodie would appreciate the unique items available and the service was great. There were several very large groups that night and I would not have noticed them had I not gotten up to use the bathroom. I liked it and will go back.Special Features:
- 5 star serviceAniaDined on 8/22/2014Service was great. Sat at the bar first while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive and the bartender was great, very friendly. After we say down for dinner, our server was great too. Food was great! Def recommend for any occasion or no occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another sports "restaurant"HostessmostestVIPDined on 8/21/2014Uh no. This joint is a glorified sports bar w loud groups of fans and RiNo tourists afraid to venture to far. Waitperson was nice and efficient but can't make up for the low quality bread and circuses.Special Features:
- good saladssandiVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great salads here, I come for lunch. Way too loud inside, but not bad for a quick lunchSpecial Features:
- Below AverageJamesG1Dined on 8/20/2014Considering this is a chain restaurant I shouldn't have expected much, but was hoping for something different, especially since it is at a fairly predominant corner in the River North area in Chicago. Menu was overdone, poorly organized & in plastic pages. Food was tasteless & average at best.
- DelightfulGenoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Perfect spot to go and convenient. Great happy hour specials and half price wine on wednesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to loudJonathanDined on 8/16/2014We made the reservation and walked into a quiet resteraunt and joked with the hostess that it looked like we didn't need a reservation and that last time we came in the wait was way to long. My wife, my 6 yr old son and I were promptly seated to the back room where it was all to ourselves. Little did we know that a loud birthday party and a bacherlette party that was even louder would be seated shortly in the same section. The noise level was so loud my wife and I ended up texting each other to try and get a point across. Disappointed they placed a family right next to such a loud group of people.Special Features:
- ok food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014First time there. Service was terrible, it was a slow lunch too....no idea what was going on. We had like 3 ppl taking care of us too, we had to go to the bar twice to ask where they were. I'll go back, they're better than that, I'm sure, but this time was siding with bad. Greek salad was good, but nothing memorable.
- Blackfinn ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We really enjoyed dining at Blackfinn again. Each time we find something new and scrumptious on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outsideLSD12VIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a nice dinner outside. Decent food and service. They should turn the volume down on outside speakersSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedDontgetoutmuchDined on 7/25/2014I was expecting Blackfinn Ameripub to be very, well, River North on a Friday night, but it had a diverse group of diners ranging from after-work parties to families to tourists to couples. The noise level is a bit loud, even in the back room, but you could still have a conversation if you shouted a little bit. The food was quite good, and the beer selection was excellent. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had a large group of 22 and they were very helpful and accommodating. Service was excellent was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, poor servicechicagonewbieDined on 7/19/2014Sat on the outdoor patio, which was nice. Took forever to get water, cocktails, food, even silverware! Food sitting in front of us for 5 minutes before we even found someone to ask for silverware. Waitress recommended the turkey burger (over Cuban) to my husband and he was so disappointed...lacking any kind of flavor or flare. Nice place to grab a casual bite, but wouldn't recommend if you were taking a guest or friend out.
- Evening of July 3, 2014Pegs4PartyDined on 7/3/2014When I made the reservations, I indicated that we had theater tickets. My party of four checked in with the maitre d'. We were seated and were told that our server would be Alex. After 10 mins., Alex had not stopped by. We got the attention of a staff member and asked for Alex. Alex arrived and informed us that no one told her that she had our table. It appeared as if Alex was the only server working. We noticed that she had our table, a table of 20 and a few tables outside, and that the rest of the staff in the same attire, were just milling around. The place was not crowded but our service was poor. I recommended the restaurant to my friends. I was embarrassed. The food was great, but I will not recommend the restaurant again.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/20143rd time here and food is solid. Did have to wait for the food this time, so you can't be in a hurry when you dine here. Overall, good atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!l0vefashionDined on 6/27/2014I loved the restaurant just from walking by in the neighborhood. It seemed like such a fun place to great a bite either outdoors or watch the game. I ended telling friends we needed to head there and so we did. We ended up splitting the cheeseburger flatbread, mac and cheese, and the pulled pork sandwich while sitting outside for a Friday happy hour. It was good service, good food, and a good time. I will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfinn AmeripubmllydonVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our first visit but don't know if we'll return. The service was great at first, but then became lackluster as the bar/restaurant got busy. I mentioned the celebration of two birthdays on Opentable with our reservation, but they were never acknowledged. My entree portion, shrimp with grits, was small, i.e., two shrimp for $19.Special Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Blackfinn Ameripub - River North reviews archive.
- Nice lunchsporziDined on 6/21/2014We stopped for a late lunch and had great drinks and a wonderful meal. The service was good. Very friendly. A little slow bar service. But that would be the only complaint. I would go again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Had a business lunch at the restaurant. The food was very good and the wait staff very efficient and friendly. My only critique is the noise level is too loud for business or friendly conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour spotmls7623VIPDined on 6/11/2014Me and a couple girls from the office usually go to BlackFinn for happy hour. When we went this Wednesday, our waitress was a little slow and inattentive. It might have been her first day but we were used to Scott and he was really good; we used to ask for him every Wednesday because he was so attentive.Special Features:
- A very nice new choicePatPDined on 6/10/2014This is one of several new restaurants in that area and it's a great choice ! I've been there for lunch and with a dinner group and was pleased both times. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyVIPDined on 6/4/2014Overall, the food was good and our server was friendly when she spoke to us. The restaurant was not crowded and while our order was taken almost immediately and our first round of drinks arrived promptly, we waited nearly 40 minutes for lemon chicken medallions and macaroni and cheese. It was only at nearly the end of the meal that she finally stopped by our table to ask if we wanted refills. No water was given. We did not see her to flag her down and it felt like we were stranded. With all the other restaurant options in River North, it may be a long time before I give this place another try.
- BH viewingPgL2013VIPDined on 5/28/2014I came here to enjoy some good food and watch the game. I was initially sat under a tv which provided no viewing. I asked to move and was placed at another table. Many tables were reserved yet some remained vacant throughout the game. They had better viewing opportunities so its seemed a waste. I made rsvp so Im unsure what one has to do to reserve a table. The waitress, while friendly enough, didnt seem to pay us much attention once our food arrived. I noticed that the waitress walk around the floor avoiding eye contact with customers. Perhaps if I dont look at them they wont need anything from me...that is how I felt. I dont like going to places that try to make themselves seem more than what they are. Service needs some work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchJDlc2933Dined on 5/28/2014This was my first time at Blackfinn. Met for a business lunch. Was pleasantly surprised by the nice atmosphere, reasonably priced menu, and the quality of food that I had (the haddock). Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014The service was just o.k. and the food took forever! They were not that busy, so there was no obvious reason for significant delays in our food. Maybe they were short staffed, but we should've been informed.... Lots of tv's, menu has lots of options. Food was o.k.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home about!MKSquaredVIPDined on 5/15/2014Fine to run in for, but nothing to run back to! This is a bar-restaurant with food to match. The bar was very lively and loud as would be expected from a popular sports-type bar, but not something you'd really call "a destination" restaurant to go out of your way for. And, speaking of going out of your way, don't expect the staff to go out of THEIR way for YOU! We, LITERALLY, waited over 30 minutes just to get our car out of the $12 valet when we were ready to leave!! The host staff didn't seem to be fazed when we kept going inside to tell them there was NO ONE at the valet stand to get our car! Been there, done that!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We came to celebrate a birthday party. The reservation for 8 people was made many weeks before the event. Thus we assumed that we couldve have better table. Instead, we were placed in a crampy table and dark part of the restaurant. We managed to move to a two table booth by the window, which kinda of inconvenient if you are celebrating a party on a two-table booths. It spoiled the ocassion but we have to improvise to limit the inconvenience. The staff said that other tables have already been reserved. They dont seem enthusiastic to move us and seems apprehended to help us. But we noticed they helped other customers who have much better "profile" than our group, I guess. this gives us bad impression about the place.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014food and service was good, noise level too high for conversations.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurprisethatfoodguyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Good food, high energy, great service (Tony B was excellent)! A pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.