Blackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville
4840 Big Island Dr Suite 105
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackfinnamericangrille.com/
- Phone: 9043453466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: BlackFinn offers a classic saloon environment that compliments and operates adjacent to its dining spaces. The Saloon at BlackFinn provides a relaxed atmosphere to unwind and socialize in the company of family and friends. The Saloon also boasts 19 flat-panel televisions, three projection screens and a state-of-the-art audio system, making it the ultimate sports viewing venue in Jacksonville. Carefully selected music creates a fitting ambiance while The Saloon"s full bar offers service, hospitality and quality entertainment until 2 am.
A word from Blackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville
BlacBlackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville was born of the desire to create a classic, enduring place where the community gathers to enjoy quality food and celebrate camaraderie. Step into BlackFinn and immediately feel at home in one of our comfortable, stately rooms, each as distinct as the experiences they inspire. The warm, inviting surroundings make us an ideal setting for any occasion and BlackFinn's welcoming, relaxed saloon means your evening doesn't have to end with dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Hostesses are always NASTYbearguy904VIPDined on 7/28/2014The hostesses here always have a bad attitude, I have yet to find one that is pleasant. The servers however are usually very friendly. The food here is so/so, but for the prices they charge you can get better food at J Alexander's. They have plenty of room in the bar for large parties so we usually end up going there for work functions. During this visit we found out the bar and the back dining room are closed leaving only a small portion of the restaurant open.Special Features:
- Tight Seating for Six People.2mccallsJAXDined on 7/15/2014I made a luncheon reservation for six people (adults). Our seating was very unsatisfactory. The six of us were crammed in together in the corner at a small lounge table in the bar, more suitable to seat four. Three adults sat on a sofa, the other three sat in straight back chairs across a small table. The chairs were too close together, with little arm room to maneuver your fork. The bar was full. Lots of loud discussions nearby made the noise level too high for casual conversation. The lunch menu food was GOOD. Our male server was VERY GOOD, refilling our water glasses without being asked, and our lunches came out together. Unfortunately the cramped seating in the bar and high noise level made it only a two star dining experience.Special Features:
- A safe bethhcooperDined on 7/12/2014If you find yourself at Town Center in the evening and need dinner, Blackfinn is definitely a safe bet. The menu is not going to blow you away, but the food is consistent and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneDined on 7/12/2014Food was great! Great variety of food and pricing! Exactly what we were looking for that evening!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Food was quite good, but the overall experience was less so because of a very rowdy and noisy group at the next table. We finally asked to be moved, and once that happened the experience was better.Special Features:
- DinnerpcflresidentDined on 6/28/2014Probably the 3rd time at Blackfinns. Really enjoyed the appetizers and dinner, all fish and good. Tanner was our waiter, he was great. Only problem, the table near us were quite loud, so it was a bit hard to hear, but that is not the restaurant fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodorchid41Dined on 6/22/2014I went there for brunch for the first time. I was disappointed in my omelet. It was bland and the hash browns tasted like they werent fresh but from the freezer..not good. Also, the bloody mary 's couldve been better. All I tasted was tomato juice. Nice place to drink and chill but not for eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Love the Wed. Night happy hour and 1/2 price bottles of wine. Food is consistently goodSpecial Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Took my husband for Father's Day dinner didn't think it was anything special, drinks were good food was ok, service was good. might give it another try but ordering something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never judge a book....HardtopleaseVIPDined on 6/10/2014I have passed this restaurant many times and it always looked interesting. The selection did not match the impression that I had formed. Don't get me wrong, the food I had was OK but not what I had hoped or expected. The Blackened Brie starter looked like burnt toast but tasted - need more fresh fruit accompaniments and something other than the toast for bread. On the servers recommendation I had Macaroni Cheese Skillet with Pulled Pork - acutally this was quite good. Wine list was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABates1Dined on 6/8/2014It was my first time here. I was expecting a little more all the way around.Special Features:
- The following 555 reviews are from the Blackfinn Ameripub - Jacksonville reviews archive.
- DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Loved the 1/2 drinks and bottles of wine. We requested a table for 8, had only 6 show and they very quickly adjusted the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were greatEataholicDined on 5/11/2014Excellent menu, very diversified. Excellent service. Waiter checked on table a few times to make sure all was ok.Special Features:
- A Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The service was great. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Service was okay...food over priced and standardat best
- Mother's Day MealSubmarineTMCDined on 5/11/2014Good food but slow kitchen. Wait staff was very attentive but with no food to serve us kind of got awkward after a few visits to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible food and servicechristine5014Dined on 5/11/2014I really regret that I took my mother here on Mother's Day. The food was so bland and the service was absolutely terrible. I'm not sure how you screw up angel hair pasta but they did. I had a steak salad and the steak had so many tendons in it that I spent all my time trying to cut around them. my mother had a salad and the dressing was absolutely tasteless. It took a one hour and 10 minutes to get our food and once we got it they didn't have any dressing on my moms salad and it took her 15 more minutes to get the dressing. No way will I ever go there again.
- A Mothers Day MonstrosityInSolitaryDined on 5/11/2014An hour wait for our dinner then bland salads and cold food. Hard pressed to return. Also, the outdoor dining seemed to be a little "rode hard" from the night before. They need another cleaning team out there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Food was good, price for appetizer was high. Overall enjoyable dinner and friendly service . Kids meal was prepared with kids in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014it was fine. I am not in High school and doing a term paper XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSpecial Features:
- Extremely slow service, subpar foodPaulVIPDined on 4/23/2014Appetizers were overall tasty and delivered promptly. Otherwise, everything else was lacking from extremely slow service (the server barely visited our party of 7 and any requests took him a very long time to return) to unappealing and untasty entrees, which to add to the misery, took extremely long to deliver. We ordered 2 rounds of appetizers (and after ordering entrees) and we still had to wait for an extended period for our entrees.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/21/2014Lunch specials are a good value. We enjoyed our soup, salad, and flat bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GimmeCookiesDined on 4/6/2014The food was so good and the service was friendly and fast. I really recommend going to BlackFinn!Special Features:
- Great serviceSDP23Dined on 4/4/2014Our server, Stanley, was so nice and friendly, quick and helpful. The Saloon burger, Queen City Chicken, pretzels, and Caribbean mojito were all tasty. I wish we hadn't been seated in the bar with TVs though. Somewhat defeated the point of a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!TriciaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed a birthday here for my young adult daughter with interesting food choices for varied palates. Be prepared for a crowded and noisy scene but every bite was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of LaughscjlikesfoodDined on 3/22/2014This restaurant had really good food. I like to eat healthier so the chicken stirfry was a perfect option. It was a girls night out and we had a really energetic waiter. He didn't really come very often but he was assigned so many tables I can't imagine how he could even see us more than once. He laughed at all out little antics like how my friend is super picky . He was super patient with us and kept a smile even though he was clearly busy. This testaurant has a great atmosphere and I felt super comfortable. I'm a big fan and I'll be back for sure. The prices for the food were pretty good too and I couldn't help sneaking a bite of my friends' French fries. I'll be back soon for sure for my next girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Awesome!BeechbabyDined on 3/12/2014This was our first time at Black Finn & we'll definitely be back. From the moment we walked in until the moment we paid our bill, the staff was unbelievably friendly. The food was outstanding including my gluten free dinner. The menu selections include something for everyone. All of the items are marked as either vegetarian, gluten free, gluten free available or a Black Finn specialty. Our waiter, Jeremy, was friendly and more than willing to answer any questions we had. We will definitely be back and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience All AroundJaxBchKayDined on 3/1/2014As usual, the service was outstanding. From hostess, to server, bartender and manager, everyone seems to go above and beyond to ensure a great customer experience at BlackFinn. I have been there many times now and have also never been disappointed in the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, good serviceScrambleDined on 3/1/2014First time visiting. I had the veggie flatbread and Blackfinn salad; both were excellent. My wife had the short ribs and mac and cheese, also very good. The service was timely, friendly, and effective. Prices seemed reasonable; $89.26 before tip for 3 adults, 1 teen, and 2 kids (no appetizer, alcohol, or dessert). Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- best swordfish everemarie913Dined on 3/1/2014The parmesan crusted swordfish is to die for. Huge portion, amazing flavor. An absolute must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerhhidineVIPDined on 2/28/2014It was parents night out and what a great place this is. You cannot miss the Grit Cakes with Goat Cheese! The steaks are awesome as well. The selection of the night was the Creole Haddock, which was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2014we made a later reservation for 1130pm on sat night wonderful service and wonderful food, one of our favorite resteraunts in town. from LARRY DEAN PRESIDENT ASAP GENERAL CONTRACTING ASAP PLUMBING AND GAS SERVICES ASAP PUMP AND LIFT STATION SERVICES JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA 904-346-1266Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightparalegallsjDined on 2/22/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, the great food and the service we received on Valentine's Day! We look forward to returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are they becoming complacent?FlRubiDined on 2/21/2014Generally the food and service is above average but lately just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was good, liked the restaurant ambience but we were in the quiet side. Definately noticed the noise level was higher elsewhere in the place. Food was good although it took a while. Was told they were busy in the kitchen? It's valentines day...no kidding, what else should the kitchen have expected. Poor excuse but once it arrived it was good. Overall it great but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedLoverOfGreatDiningDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our Valentine's Day outing at Black Finn. The food was great and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- good lunch with friendsorchid41Dined on 2/12/2014Went for lunch to celebrate my birthday. Nice, warm atmosphere. Staff was energetic, attentive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-all nicehappygirlDined on 2/10/2014Husband and I enjoyed a few apps and cocktails for his birthday. We had dinner reservations but arrived a little late and were short on time so felt we wouldn't have time for traditional dinner experience. We had two generous portions of appetizers and two cocktails each and left satisfied and arrived on time to our next adventure. ThanksSpecial Features:
- nice placelwolfsonVIPDined on 2/8/2014We hard a good experience Service was good Food was good. Nothing outstanding but my go back
- The food was great. But becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The food was great. But because of location I wasn't dress for the occasion. I felt over dress and later we found out they had a more private type dinning room that my wife and I would have been more fitted to dine in. They should make you aware of your dinning options before seating you.Special Features: