Blackfinn Ameripub - Charlotte
210 E Trade, Suite B-120
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blackfinn Ameripub - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blackfinncharlotte.com/index.php
- Phone: 7049714440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Blackfinn Ameripub - Charlotte
BlackFinn was born of the desire to create a classic, enduring place where the community gathers to enjoy quality food and celebrate camaraderie. BlackFinn offers a contemporary interpretation of classic American fare prepared using fresh, local ingredients. Whether it"s time to share an appetizer or quick drink with friends, savor a mouth-watering meal, host a private party, enjoy some cocktails and music in the late-night scene or root for your favorite team on game day, anytime is a great time to visit BlackFinn.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackfinn Ameripub - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasty SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2014Had the BlackFinn salad with chicken. Tasty, easy to eat chopped salad. fresh and delicious. Friendly service, and they were quick on the lunchtime, without pushing me out to turn over the table. Good when you're time is limited.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Nice setting good good and drive. Service was excellent. Nice variety on menu,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at the EpicentreRobertDined on 4/7/2014The food here is just wonderful. The Shrimp and Grits has a fantastic sauce with their unique grits cakes. While maybe not the healthiest thing to eat, the macaroni and cheese with pork has a perfect texture balance and blend of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatre treatmikeDined on 4/6/2014We dined at Blackfinn before going to the theatre downtown. We told the waitress we were pressed for time. No problem. Food was great, atmosphere was wonderful, and they got us to the theatre on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Menu has a lot of variety. Something for everyone. Love it. Will go again and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Gathering Placetweety08VIPDined on 3/27/2014Fun place to go for lunch or dinner! We had the spring rolls appetizer and they were fresh and delicate. I had the shrimp and calamari diablo special and it was fiery and delicious! My friend had the salmon and bacon brussel sprouts and she enjoyed them tremendously. Jelani was our server and was very friendly and attentive despite also handling a large group at a table next to us. The hostess was very welcoming as well. Definitely a neighborhood gem and I will go again many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJerryDined on 2/21/2014Greeters, waitstaff and management all welcomed us with smiles and quick and efficient service. The food was enjoyed by all, so the overall experience was A+. While the food was good, it was the staff that really made it the best!Special Features:
- Good food with Bar or DiningLynnDined on 2/9/2014We ate late lunch after an event at Time Warner Cable Arena. It was Sunday so not very busy and we were seated immediately. Service was great. Food was good however no kids menu. The waitress did bring crayons and a blank piece of paper though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchMattDined on 2/6/2014We made reservations for a decent sized group from work for lunch at 11 AM and had no issues getting in and settled. The food was great (my first time there) and there was a good variety of items on the menu. I'd definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was passable,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/5/2014The food here was passable, but hardly a destination worth a special trip.
- Favorite Lunch/Dinner Spot UptownCA2TX2NCDined on 1/15/2014Great food, diverse menu, great service and very reasonable price. Lots of options for restrictive diets including GF and they are always happy to make modifications when possible. I go there for lunch a couple times a month (if not more) and it is my go-to place when I meet up with a group for dinner. Everyone finds something that they like and we always get star treatment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a saloon!loveitalianVIPDined on 1/7/2014We went for an early dinner before a Bobcats game recently, and enjoyed the atmosphere at BlackFinn. It was nice that the more lively bar area was in a separate room from the quiter dinner side. The menu has a wide selection of items, from salads, tacos and wraps to pasta, seafood and steaks. Although good, I wasn't overwhelmed by the black bean burger or the goat cheese grit cakes that I ordered. I was expecting a more unique and flavorful taste. My husband thought the shrimp and grits was very well done with lots of flavor. I also found the draft beer selection was limited for a saloon/bar. All in all: good, not great.Special Features:
- Sunday Lunch in the CitygoodenuffDined on 1/5/2014Our lunch was delicious and attractively presented. It was served promptly and courteously. Our waiter was very personable and accomodating. He had observed me monitoring my blood glucose level; and when I inquired about a fresh fruit cup, he prepared one for me. He was very attentive without being obtrusive. We are from a very small town in the foothills, and his graciousness made us feel comfortable in the city. Thanks to Patrick, we felt ready to begin our day at the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNYEguestDined on 12/31/2013We came in from out of town for New Years, so I didn't quite know the area. We chose BlackFinn based on the online menu. So glad we did!! We arrived a little early and got a drink at the bar. The bar was full of energy and service was great. We were seated right at our reservation time. The waitress was friendly, and our food was delicious! I highly recommend this place. The dining area was seperate from the bar, so it was not noisy while we had dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreAt timeShinsonDined on 12/31/2013First time at EpiCenter... Very nice restaurant and a good menu that has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Not just a sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2013Blackfinn has 3 main rooms, two very noisy, crowded sports bars and the other a quiet dining room. We ate in the quiet room. It has a moderately priced menu with a lot of variety, burgers, pastas, choice appetizers and good martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives. I had the tuna poke appetizer with cucumber and served with pita chips. It was a generous serving and super quality ahi. I also ordered the shrimp with grits which had 2 large grilled Cajun shrimp on top of grit cakes that were firm and fried and there were smaller shrimp in a sauce with tasso ham. It had a good smokiness and creaminess. I would eat here again and order just the large Cajun shrimp. Our waiter was very efficient and knowledgeable about the menu and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food / Service Ok- Bill not correctDisappointedDined on 12/18/2013I made a reservation for lunch through Open Table. Everything went fine and we enjoyed our meal. A couple of days later, I recevied an email from Open Table stating that future failure to show up would result in my being barred from using the system. Thankfully, I still had my receipt and was able to give the transaction and table number as well as the server name. Obviously the restaurant didn't report it correctly. Several days later, I got my credit card statement and found that I was charged more than the receipt that I signed. The amount was small, but enough to be annoying. I won't be going back to this restaurant!
- Yummymealz45VIPDined on 11/27/2013We celebrated a birthday here this and really enjoyed the experience. The food selections were almost overwhelming bc there were so many intriguing dishes to choose from. I kinda like that the portion sizes were modest. Great portion control but just enough to fill you up. I had glazed salmon with mashed sweet potatoes and my friend had the Chilean sea bass. Both were excellent. The first class hospitality was very nice as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selections for all in our partyVictorDined on 11/11/2013This place was convenient from our hotel, staff friendly and accommodating. Choices were many and options for all in our party. Food was good and arrived timely. Overall a neat experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladsCNoteDined on 10/20/2013I know that they have an extensive menu, but we really went to town on the entree salad section. We tried the Ranch Chicken, Cashew Chicken and Goat Cheese Strawberry and Pecan salad. All of them were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service.SaltydogDined on 9/25/2013We had reservation for 7pm and was promptly seated. The waitress came immediately and took our drink and appetizer order. Got our drinks, then sat and waited 40 min for our appetizer. We had been there an hour before our food came. The food was good, but the wait was excessive. Anything we needed the wait staff to get us took longer than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food, Superior ServiceTanishaMichelleDined on 9/24/2013I absolutely love this restaurant!!!! The food was amazing and the atmosphere was fun! I will defantely return over and over again!!! This is my new favorite place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four different meals, allpixieDined on 8/15/2013Four different meals, all good. I really enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed waiterEatsEarlyDined on 8/11/2013I only saw one waiter. Twice a kitchen person brought us things. My water glass sat empty quite often. He never asked if we wanted condiments or steak sauce. He never came to check on the food.
- Nice Atmosphere but Food AveragejoehawkDined on 8/11/2013We thought it was the perfect spot to dine on a Sunday afternoon following a 1:30PM show at the Knight Theater. Easy walking distance. Waitress was pleasant and served us promptly. Drinks were fine but food choices less than fine. French Onion Soup was good as a starter but our entrees were nothing to write home about. I had chicken parm. (no meat sauce and chicken not tender) My wife had the Cuban sandwich. (without garlic bread even though it was advertised as coming with) Atmosphere was great. Had our own personal tv set in our booth and noise level was low. We would probably go back here again but order something different next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant called to confirmMidwestGirlDined on 8/8/2013The restaurant called to confirm our reservations that night. Our waitress was very good and took the time to tell us about the best dishes. Our appetizer and entrees were excellent! Multiple areas and levels for dining and bar groups. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with girlfriendsDiner13Dined on 8/1/2013I was looking for a place in uptown Charlotte that was suitable for my health conscious friends and me but was also a fun place to have a late night dinner. We found that in Blackfinn. The menu had a delight assortment of entrees and sides to appease meat lovers, pescaterians, and vegetarians alike. The draft beer and wine lists were great and the dessert cocktails were delicious. We enjoy observing the city from one of the outdoor patios. This will definitely be a place to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish we had was excellent.ghowDined on 7/28/2013Every dish we had was excellent. The portions are generous and the price is reasonable. You can choose between the more boisterous bar area or the quieter dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfuljames1333Dined on 7/27/2013We went for Queens Feast and they had an extensive menu with wonderful food for the price. Much better than the expensive restaurants around town. I just wished our waitress was as knowledgeable about the food as another waiter that I heard behind us and was very energertic to be working but she was good but just not as exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen's Feast disasterWendiVIPDined on 7/25/2013I had a party of two that dined on Thursday evening during Queen's Feast. We were early for our reservation time and were seated promply, which was appreciated. A server took our drink orders and brought waters, but our server didn't appear for 10--5 minutes. The timing of our courses was terrible - I've never waited so long in between courses. Our server was sparse for most of the meal, and not very personable when he was present. The food was tasty, but by no means good enough to compensate for the service. We left feeling quite disappointed and unimpressed.Special Features:
- We went during restaurantOkay2visitVIPDined on 7/25/2013We went during restaurant week. The food is AWESOME, but the service a complete cluster.... We spoke with the manager, everything seemed to be resolved. Would recommend for the food, but make sure you have more than PLENTY of time to spend there to eat because you will need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not let the name fool you.SampsonDined on 7/25/2013Do not let the name fool you. Although it is listed as a saloon, this is not a neighborhood bar and grill type place. Instead, it is a higher-end restaurant with a decent bar. The service was above average as was the attention to detail in table and food presentation. As part of a group, we sampled each other's dishes and found a similar type flavoring in most of the dishes, which worked well with the meats, but not the pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- full as a tick!foodieDined on 7/24/2013Everything was great. From the time we were greeted at the door until we left. Food was delicious and plenty of it. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen FeastSheilaDined on 7/23/2013We came to you all for the Queen's Feast special. We were overwhelmed by the number of choices and the size of the portions. This was an awesome deal. The included beer/wine and 4 courses was spectacular. Definitely the best offering in town and I have shared my thoughts about it with friends. In addition to the selections the food was superb. It was all served hot and timely. Our wait staff was great, attentive but not too much so. Perhaps the most exciting for me is that I have been here several times but we found out about new menu changes and offerings and my husband and I both plan on returning more often now that we know what is coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just OK and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2013Service was just OK and the food was disappointing. The best part was the salad and onion soup. The Queen's Chicken entree was dry and lacked flavor.
- DisappointingnickibooDined on 7/4/2013They don't offer a gluten free menu, the wait staff didn't know what items were gluten free, we had to ask the manager and then he spoke to the chef, so they were accommodating Food was good, drinks were okay, our experience was satisfactory. They don't validate for parking. There are so many other places to eat in Charlotte they didn't give me a reason to return.
- Pretty good place for the usual...DutchmanVIPDined on 7/3/2013This is a pretty good place for the usual - food, beer, service. It is a safe bet which is both a good thing and a bad thing. They did just update their menu I believe which seemed to add in some new, "edgier" menu items. Overall, decent food with good service. I will probably return.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceRahrahDined on 6/23/2013You would think that with a reservation on a Sunday night with not many people dinning, we would not be placed directly by the kitchen door especially when there were so many other open tables. Very disappointing with seating/ambience however the service and the food was impeccable and will definitely dine again but REQUEST not by the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go!!bfexpertDined on 6/19/2013I went to Blackfinn for a father's day dinner, and I was immediately impressed. I had read reviews and ordered pretty much everything they suggested. The fries, brie, and hot chocolate ice-cream were my favorites that I had heard about. The staff was very helpful in menu selection because there is so much variety on this menu, you really do need expert help. I went back a few days later to celebrate a friends birthday because I was so pleased and wanted to show her this place. I was once again very pleased with the food and the service. Our waiter even let her choose a dessert for her birthday. I of course QUIETLY suggested the hot chocolate, and it was delightful! Great place to bring anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGreatDined on 5/16/2013We ate in the dining room which was MUCH quieter than the bar area. Food was very good and reasonable for what you get. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.