503 Laneda Avenue
Manzanita, OR 97130Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackbirdmanzanita.com/
- Phone: 5033687708
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Lee Vance
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do not offer catering
A word from Blackbird
Blackbird is an upscale casual restaurant featuring a seasonally inspired menu that changes often. Our menu features many local products such as Netarts Oysters, local produce, and Oregon meats. We offer many fresh seafood selections as well. We have an extensive wine list and specialize in craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blackbird reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (21)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious eveninglovetoeatDined on 10/27/2014This was our first time, and everything about our experience was excellent. Our server was engaging, very knowledgeable, and accommodating. She checked in just often enough, and we never felt hurried. We had several appetizers, two entrees, two sides, wine, and one dessert, shared among four of us. It was all delicious, and beautifully prepared. We were there on a Monday night, and it was busy, which we were so happy to see. We love going to the coast, and will most definitely return to Blackbird. It was a treat, from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated EatingSchloimeDined on 10/26/2014Best food ever in Manzanita. Farm to table with a twist of innovation. Our server, John, has a great sense of what is fresh and delectable. Thanks for this community investment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014The duck breast salad and bacon wrapped apricots were outstanding. Manzanita deserves a "destination" restaurant and this is one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Chef owner Lee Vance opened Blackbird in Manzanita in February and the restaurant has been a local hot spot ever since. The restaurant itself is stylishly appointed with a menu that speaks to freshness and local ingredients (posted on the menu) while the bar serves intriguing cocktails such as a Habanero Margarita that is at once spicy, tart and sweet. Highly touted is the lamb burger (if the local farmer has an available supply) but in the five or six times we've been at Blackbird, every menu item is a winner and unique for their preparation and presentation. Blackbird would be a first rate restaurant in any major city but thankfully it puts on no aires. Food, service ambience all pluses, the noise level just plain loud.Special Features:
- Great PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is an unpolished gem. The food is very good. Bartender makes a great martini. It is far too noisy and the menu is limited and confusing. Given time -it's pretty new- it will be an outstanding place.Special Features:
- Blackbird is the gem of ManzanitashananoramaDined on 10/18/2014This was my second time visiting Blackbird and both times the food and staff were wonderful. My first time there was with a group of 8 women so we tried a little bit of everything. This last time was just me and my husband. The truffle mac and cheese was creamy and so very tasty. I wish I had more. We also ordered the NY Strip Steak with kale and potatoes. I don't now what they used in the kale but it was outstanding. Wait staff was friendly and always around if you needed something. I am happy this restaurant is in Manzanita as they needed a little more upscale spot.Special Features:
- Third time the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrating my husband's 70th birthday in 3 different cities at obviously 3 different times during his birth month, we definitely enjoyed this one the best. The atmosphere, service, French wine, and terrific food made it a lovely evening for us. We got a gift certificate for friends and would definitely find ourselves there again if in the area.Special Features:
- Yum!KarissaDined on 10/17/2014Great food can be hard to find in small coastal towns! So happy this place is open in Manzanita. We hope they survive the winter. Great food, amazing drinks, friendly staff!!! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manzanita gem still improvingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our second visit here and the food and service both good though not outstanding. That being said Manzanita needs a spot like this and we hope they will build on what is already good. Nice and bold menu choices worked well, they perhaps need a few more choices for entrees or a bit more clarity on what dishes are entree or small plates to share. Overall, another nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fav in Manzanita!MahaloDined on 10/12/2014Another lovely evening in Manzanita's fine dining restaurant! We enjoyed dinner with out of town guests who declared several dishes to be the best they ever tasted (and these guys are serious foodies!) Well done, Blackbird!Special Features:
- CbytheSeaDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten in many outstanding restaurants and, when Zagat had meaning, the highest rated Zagat restaurants in multiple states. I truly have never had better food and that was, also, the opinion of my fellow diners. Blackbird is not just good it is OUTSTANDING AND ASTOUNDING. We shared entree's and appetizers. We started with the Bone Marrow appetizer. We shared the duck breast salad, the truffle mac & cheese and the New York Steak. There was nothing that was presented that was not excellent. Blackbird has to be the best food on the coast and possibly in the Pacific Northwest, and yes I have eaten at Le Pigeon, which by the way cannot compare to Blackbird in food or ambience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!jagaDined on 10/9/2014We have eaten at Blackbird many times and tried many things. Every single thing we have had has been outstanding. I even venture to say it has the best food I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotjasonmDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I throughly enjoyed sharing a few small plates and an entree. The ingredients really shine here. Very well designed space which adds to the experience. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ManzanitaShayDined on 10/5/2014Finally, an awesome top notch restaurant doing everything well in Manzanita. Probably the best on the north coast of oregon. I just googled foodie manzanita and voilá! so excited for the find. Omg: sweet potato spaetzle, Portland restaurants can learn from this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening outBSquaredDined on 10/4/2014Blackbird offers an interesting cocktail list, and I highly recommend the "Revised" Rye Manhattan. The menu is made up of small and large plates and it is easy to choose items to share. You will want to share to try some of the innovative creations. The bar is small and busy, and you should reserve early for a dining room seat.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantmalou222Dined on 10/2/2014Only complaint: noise level. If something could be done to minimize the noise level it would have been more enjoyable. Innovative menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Blackbird...mmmm.....good!thewayfarersDined on 9/29/2014We were referred by Ginger of R-evolution Farms. I have never eaten spratzel noodles on a bed of asparagas and mushrooms topped by a farm fresh egg, sunny side up. I will definitey have it again if they offer it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; best in town by farMarkDined on 9/27/2014Best restaurant in Manzanita by far -- though that is a relatively low bar (i.e. other restaurants don't even try to do 'fine dining'. Blackbird offers and well succeeds at 'fine dining'. The menu is diverse and ambitious - and succeeds. The three of us shared three appetizers ....which were delicious. The main courses were equally diverse and delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ingredients poorly prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Open kitchen yet kitchen staff avoided engaging with patrons and often returned our smiles with frowns. Dishes are one-note- unidimensional and lacking depth.
- Upscale Dining at the CoastAmyEVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find a new restaurant in Manzanita for special occasions. Everything on the menu looked great and were large enough for sharing. The service was personal an efficient and the open kitchen adds to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodCyndiVIPDined on 9/20/2014Blackbird is always excellent. I sent 10-30 people a week to eat there, they all come back excited about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at BlackbirdJandJDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, very good service, very loud since the place was full on a Monday night after most weekend visitors had left the small beach town of Manzanita. My wife had the scallops, one of her favorites and they excellent. I had the roast duck salad, also very good, and the broiled brussels sprouts with bacon, also tasty, but more than I expected, so we took some back to the Inn for later. Had the mousse for dessert - outstanding chocolate fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessSweetSueDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at the beach and dinner at Blackbird was a highlight. Our meals were perfectly prepared: flat iron steak and steamed mussels. Everything, from bread to salads to dessert was simply delicious. A very memorable meal with friendly service. Liked the bustling, fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ManzanitaLoveBainbridgeDined on 9/11/2014We have gone to this restaurant twice now. Both have been exceptional times. The wait staff take you in and give their best. The chef even shared a recipe. This is a must if you got to Manzanita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItcollegeDined on 9/1/2014We were looking forward to Manzanita finally having a fine restaurant, but Blackbird isn't it. The overall meal was below average in quality and very high in price. I had a glass of Pinot that tasted like it had been sitting in the sun for a week. The steak was OK but the fries tasted like they came right out of the ORE-IDA bag. The salmon was barely cooked on the outside, completely rare on the inside and the roasted potatoes were very dry. It was also extremely hot in the place - probably what happened to the wine. Can recommend.
- Welcome addition to ManzanitaWillHKDined on 9/1/2014We're so happy that Blackbird is open; having watched its construction with anticipation. We were finally back in town since its opening and were pleased to enjoy an excellent light dinner. Blackbird is a welcome addition to the dining options in and near Manzanita.Special Features:
- Finally, fine dining in townDbutschDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and the wait staff made great recommendations. One of the best treatments of Halibut I’ve ever had. We will be back. The space is tight and tables small. I think if will be fine when its not the busiest weekend of the year.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Blackbird reviews archive.