Black Steer Charhouse
1180 W. Devon Ave
Elk Grove, IL 60007Neighborhood:
Elk Grove Village
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Black Steer Charhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blacksteercharhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479235000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adrian Navarette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Menu available Online. Offering half pan/Full pan Limited Menu Please check out our Catering Menu online at blacksteercharhouse.com
- Private Party Facilities: Blacksteer charhouse has one private room accommodating 25 to 100 people; a semi-private room accommodating 10 to 30 people; and third room accommodating 10 to 18 people. Please contact Louie Fronimos or Danny Briggs for more information. Banquet Menu available online at blacksteercharhouse.com
- Private Party Contact: Louie Fronimos 8479235000
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday Nights starting @ 7:00 till 11:00 in Bar Lounge area. Check out our Band Schedule Online @ Blacksteercharhouse.com
A word from Black Steer Charhouse
A suburban classic restaurant located in the heart of Elk Grove Village. Black Steer Charhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful modern space. Known for having one of the area"s best house cut steaks, creative martinis and fresh seafood, Black Steer Charhouse is the perfect place for small groups, families and parties in both of our private event rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Steer Charhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Sunday afternoon lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I made reservations to ensure my impatient father-in-law would not endure delay anticipating his "free" lunch - I was buying. We all enjoyed the stuffed mushroom appetizer and french onion soup. These 2 items are must haves when dining at Black Steer. My daughter, wife and I ordered filet and my in laws had tilapia. We were all very satisfied with our meals and I was happy with moderately priced lunch for 5.Special Features:
- Great SteaktjjeVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent, especially for the price. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodAdrianaDined on 8/10/2014Food, service, ambience - Black Steer Charhouse has it all!Special Features:
- drinks overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014$9 for a martini is outrageous!, but the food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer Charhouse - 2 starsCJ197800Dined on 8/4/2014Purchased a Groupon type deal for Black Steer Charhouse since many of my locals had recommended it. Ambience was OK. Server was attentive. Food, that's another story. My companion ordered the pork chops. They were tough and dry in some sections and fine in others. Completely uneven cook. My chicken parmesan arrived with a pasta that was not spaghetti and the chicken was thin and had a glob of mozzarella on top barely melted. Ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes as they are my weakness. Arrived cold and stiff with a glob of jarred garlic on the top. Not at all appetizing.
- Good for a groupSandyDined on 8/1/2014Our department was there for an anniversary celebration and the staff made sure we were all taken care of. Very nice for the person of honor to receive such royal treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudybethVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very disappointed that even though I indicated in my reservation that we were celebrating Bob's 75th birthday, there was no acknowledgement whatsoever of this. For that reason, I will not return
- dinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014a decent amount of outdoor seating available. Food is pretty good, and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooddancersDined on 7/26/2014I initially made the reservation for four people. We were attending the Illinois State Square Dance Convention at the Weston. We phoned in to add two more people. The service and food is excellent. My wife an I have eaten there several times and we keep coming back. I know you'll like it if you try it.Special Features:
- bbakDined on 7/25/2014the 6 of us had a great time all because our food was really good and our waitress was outstanding with service and individualized attention to all at our table. Of course we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StallionDined on 7/23/2014First time there for dinner LOVED it will be back. Food was fantastic. Live entertainment Rick Lindy was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good!palsalDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I go there whenever we can. The food is delicious and the service is friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer Great As UsualFineDiningGary1VIPDined on 7/4/2014As repeat dining and lounge band listening/dancing Itasca area customers, Black Steer of Elk Grove Village can always be counted on for good, food, spirits, service, and cleanliness. Now that summer is here, the outdoor patio is a awesome place to dine and listen to the live music. I think the establishment can be known for the customers it keeps...a good sign to us all. Thanks Black Steer owners and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer CharhouseCKayDined on 6/24/2014As seen through the eyes, ears and palate of a visitor to Chicago and environs........... The best dinner of our week long stay!! Steaks were perfect, service was great, and the server was quite friendly. And, the prices were most reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average. Poor service.frawlmaDined on 6/21/2014Our server was a dud. When we didn't immediately know what we wanted to drink, he said that he would come back. It was 10 minutes later. Our meal was average food at high price. Only offered additional to the gentleman in the group. While making a request server walked away. Never asked if we wanted dessert, which we did. The bill took forever. This was not the first time with the same complaint...service. I thought I would try again but I'm done.Special Features:
- Trending downDinerDined on 6/17/2014Eaten here during several owners. Trending down. Had three entrees. Both fish were very good. Bone-in ribeye was tough. Suspect steak quality not what it was once.
- good...not too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014I was looking for a good restaurant for fathers day, but didn't want the usual hour wait at the regular chain steak houses. gave this place a try because it accepted reservations. the soup was excellent. the steaks were good. quality matched up with a longhorn or outback type place. and they had a little more variety with prime rib, and lamb chops. cost a couple of bucks more per person than your mid level chain, but for fathers day the extra couple bucks was worth not having to wait to eat.
- disappointing fathers day lunchdiner420Dined on 6/15/2014I ordered fish and half of it was burnt the waiter was boring and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Would not go back
- busyladyDined on 6/1/2014The waiter seemed to want to rush us to order. In fact, when one of the menus didn't have the special card, he said oh you can share it. We declined his comment and asked that we get a list of the specials for each of us. The food was very good.Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgPrositDined on 5/31/2014This has been our friends first dinner at Black Steer. They thought it was a great experience. We ate outside on a patio. The drinks were reasonably priced. The food was great. My friend usually doesn't have a kind word to say about his steak dinner at a restaurant, but was ecstatic about his rib eye steak and the way that it was cooked (medium rare). All in all a big THUMBS UP.Special Features:
- Very decent place to eatJasmanDined on 5/30/2014The service was great along with a great menu. We had the wood fired chicken which was a good deal for the price. The bar had a very good band and a lively crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimersGreatVIPDined on 5/23/2014It was our first time to eat here and it was much more than we expected. The decor is beautiful, the service was very pleasant, and the food was wonderful! I had the spicy mango tilapia and my husband had chicken and ribs - excellent dishes. Oh and the calamari melts in your mouth - yuuuuuuumy!Special Features:
- The following 199 reviews are from the Black Steer Charhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We had 18 guests in to Chicago for a training session and chose the Black Steer Charhouse for our dinner outing. I set up our reservation on Open Table and someone from the restaurant called to confirm our reservation. On the day of our reservations, Helen called to confirm again. I advised that we wanted to pick 3 entrees from the banquest menu for our guest and also gave her our appetizer and drink requests. She set up menus for our group with the three entrees to pick from and had them ready at each seat for our guests to choose from. Our appetizers (preordered via the Open Table website) were served shortly after we sat down. It made the planning so much easier than normal for our large groups. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfyVIPDined on 5/10/2014As always a good meal at a reasonable price! Very comfortable lounge without the overpowering entertainment. We will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We went to the Black Steer for my birthday celebration. The food was good but they seemed more interested in the large party next to us. Service was ok. Great place for large parties and more casual eating. I would not suggest for birthday celebration, etc. Great entertainment in the bar area we noticed as we were leaving and stayed to listen to a few songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick Lindy Band--GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great band in the bar area but too crowded. Move the band into the restaurant area where there is more room. Its annoying when people are dancing next to your table in the aisles.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Every time we go there the food and service are always excellentSpecial Features:
- mid tier placetndanVIPDined on 4/22/2014By the name, I assumed this would be a great steak place. However, I soon realized that it was just a sort of mid-tier general place. They prominently advertize their ribs/bbq. They do have steaks, fish, chicken etc...Special Features:
- Table RequestBlacksteerDined on 4/20/2014We ask that the restaurant please try to accommodate special requests made through the Open Table Online Reservation system. We asked to be seated in the dining room at the time of our reservation, yet our table was set up in the bar. On a positive note, the soup is always delicious at the Black Steer Char House and the waiters are very attentive. Thank you.Special Features:
- DisappointedKevinDDined on 4/19/2014The salad was iceburg lettuce (no nutrituional value) and the pasta sauce was awful (way too pasty). The meats were good though. For being higher priced, I expected more.
- romantic dinnerljmforuDined on 4/12/2014Restaurant was quiet and private. Allowed us to bring in our own favorite bottle of wine for a small corkage fee. George our server was attentive and personable. The calamari was delicious and plentiful. Our meals were delicious. Only issue is online menu is not updated to reflect that twin lobsters are no longer available. Overall outstanding value . We had 4 pm reservations and beat the crowds. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor SERVICE & average foodBababooey44Dined on 4/5/2014Restaurant was quite slow for a Saturday night, only thing that interested the server was collecting our check. Food was below average for a. "Steak House". And over priced for the quality. I ordered a NY strip and asked for it done medium and received it rare. Will not be returning ever, there are much better restaurants that I'd rather spend $125 for my fiancée and myself to eat. Try somewhere lease! STAY AWAY!!
- Food is always good - entertainmentTheresaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Food is always good - entertainment was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2014Food was good not great. Service was not good server or bus boy never refilled water or offered more drinks hardly around. Filet was good shrimp ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even though we had to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Even though we had to wait (with a reservation) we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The soup was quite hot, which is a rarity. My skirt steak was chewy, but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not Charlie's anymoreDinneroutDined on 3/22/2014They have to many tables and are just packing the people in. Too noisy. The waitress was so busy with to many tables that she seldom came around to check on our table. Just not enjoyable.Special Features:
- for the price...disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014We used to go to this restuarant when it was Charlie's Charhouse. This fairly pricy restaurant serves prefectly average food. I ordered a New York Strip Steak, and it was tough. The garlic potatoes were horrible, both the salad, and the mushroom caps-average. The bar had good live music and good service, but very little room to dance. Probably not going back.
- BreakfastGEEZEEVIPDined on 3/16/2014My family and I decided to try the breakfast at Black Steer. It was rather quiet - only 5 tables seated - but the food was excellent! The only thing i disliked about this place for breakfast was the dark ambience of the room - It was too dark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDKluvs2dineDined on 3/7/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and am never disappointed. My friend and I always go there when she is in town from Florida. I look forward to going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricingPedeDined on 3/4/2014The food has been delicious, but I feel when this restaurant, Charlies Charhouse was bought out by the restarurant group or changed their name to Black Steer, they changed the menu and pricing for items went up. Yet the only thing that changed was the name. Portions seem smaller too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.