Black Steer Charhouse
1180 W. Devon Ave
Elk Grove, IL 60007Neighborhood:
Elk Grove Village
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Black Steer Charhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blacksteercharhouse.com/
- Phone: (847) 923-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adrian Navarette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Menu available Online. Offering half pan/Full pan Limited Menu Please check out our Catering Menu online at blacksteercharhouse.com
- Private Party Facilities: Blacksteer charhouse has one private room accommodating 25 to 100 people; a semi-private room accommodating 10 to 30 people; and third room accommodating 10 to 18 people. Please contact Louie Fronimos or Danny Briggs for more information. Banquet Menu available online at blacksteercharhouse.com
- Private Party Contact: Louie Fronimos 8479235000
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday Nights starting @ 7:00 till 11:00 in Bar Lounge area. Check out our Band Schedule Online @ Blacksteercharhouse.com
A word from Black Steer Charhouse
A suburban classic restaurant located in the heart of Elk Grove Village. Black Steer Charhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful modern space. Known for having one of the area"s best house cut steaks, creative martinis and fresh seafood, Black Steer Charhouse is the perfect place for small groups, families and parties in both of our private event rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Steer Charhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We had great burgers and liver and onionswinenurseVIPDined on 11/15/2014Adequate wine list, well prepared food. The burgers were great. Nice options on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great product!PrositDined on 11/8/2014Now that WINTER is coming, no better place to unwind and have some cocktails and dinner with loved ones
- Thursday dinnerVacaVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a really nice dinner for two and ordered what we haven't had before. Walleye and the kirts steak very pleased Waiter was great. thx.Special Features:
- Food was good.Ajc99Dined on 11/5/2014Food and atmosphere were both good. Great menu with lots of choices.Special Features:
- good dinnerKristinaDined on 10/31/2014We went on Halloween night, so it wasn't crowded at all, which was to be expected. However, the service was kind of slow - it felt like it took forever to get our food. The server seemed to be new at serving, as she came to take our orders and then realized she didn't have anything to write them down on. There was also live music in the bar, which was nice, but a little loud for our liking. Next time we go on a live music night, we will be sitting in the dining room! The food was delicious, however!Special Features:
- LOVES FOODLOVEFOODVIPDined on 10/29/2014GREAT SERVICE BUT OUR SERVER KIM MADE THE NIGHT WITH HER SMILE GREAT SERVICE AND MENU SUGGESTIONS WED NIGHT IS LADIES NIGHT- DONT MISS RICK LEVY PLAYING IN THE BARSpecial Features:
- rhk2131Dined on 10/29/2014app: Mediterranean shrimp -outstanding. Soup: Tomato Bisque - Great. Entrée: Bone-in rib eye - Very good, and cooked to specifications.. Bread basket: Just ordinary small bread pieces, could have been a little more elegant ! Two small steaks,(with with crab meat) last item on the menu, could have been char-prepared. Nothing special.Special Features:
- John GallaDANCEPARTY51Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to the Black Steer many times and have never been disappointed. The food was great and the service is usually outstanding . My party usually likes to dine and enjoy the live entertainment, unfortunatly like many other establishment they were not set up for live entertainment . You must sit in the lounge area where it is first come first served to get a table. Then after the "Diners " are done they come into the lounge where it gets to be too crowed and way to loud , then it is hard to enjoy the entertain ment.Special Features:
- Black Steer CharbroilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Went here because of a gift certifate. Will go back because it was a great experience. The bar was excellent, the service promp and continous. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was great but our waiter was not very attentive. We ordered steak and thy both came out burntSpecial Features:
- Black Steer CharhousejmeyersDined on 10/17/2014I made a reservation online which was very easy. We went with two other couples for dinner. The food was excellent (filet and pork chops), the atmosphere was comfortable and it wasn't loud so we were able to converse easily. We stayed for a short period after we paid the bill and never felt like we needed to rush out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been here many times. As of late the quality of food and service seems to be declining. Hope they figure it out soon.Special Features:
- Going downToppopDined on 10/11/2014When new owners took over there stated intent was to elevate the quality of food and service. To their credit, they accomplished that! However, as of late the quality is on the decline and the prices are going up. They are starting to lose some credibility!Special Features:
- Good choiceJimmyJDined on 10/10/2014Very good food at a reasonable price. Although it is a steakhouse, and the steak is good, it has a varied menu that should satisfy everyone. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014This visit to Black Steer was not as good as many of my past visits. Our waitress Pam was pretty much on autopilot. My skirt steak was tough and over cooked and I was prepared to let her know. She walked up and said "how's the food girls? " and then answered her own question by saying "its good" and walked away, never waiting for me to reply or making eye contact. There was another issue with the bill. We had a coupon for $10 off $50. We spent $49.97 and she said we needed to order something else. Okay, I ordered a dessert to go. BUT once we reviewed bill, she UNDERcharged us for the coke by .50 cents and by doing so, caused me to have to spend $7 on the smallest piece of carrot cake I ever had from a restaurant.
- Great Steak HouseLamboDined on 10/1/2014Found these guys on internet, was easy to make reservation. Great food, attentive service. Would highly recommend. First class place.
- Sunday afternoon lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I made reservations to ensure my impatient father-in-law would not endure delay anticipating his "free" lunch - I was buying. We all enjoyed the stuffed mushroom appetizer and french onion soup. These 2 items are must haves when dining at Black Steer. My daughter, wife and I ordered filet and my in laws had tilapia. We were all very satisfied with our meals and I was happy with moderately priced lunch for 5.Special Features:
- Great SteaktjjeVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent, especially for the price. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodAdrianaDined on 8/10/2014Food, service, ambience - Black Steer Charhouse has it all!Special Features:
- drinks overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014$9 for a martini is outrageous!, but the food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer Charhouse - 2 starsCJ197800Dined on 8/4/2014Purchased a Groupon type deal for Black Steer Charhouse since many of my locals had recommended it. Ambience was OK. Server was attentive. Food, that's another story. My companion ordered the pork chops. They were tough and dry in some sections and fine in others. Completely uneven cook. My chicken parmesan arrived with a pasta that was not spaghetti and the chicken was thin and had a glob of mozzarella on top barely melted. Ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes as they are my weakness. Arrived cold and stiff with a glob of jarred garlic on the top. Not at all appetizing.
- Good for a groupSandyDined on 8/1/2014Our department was there for an anniversary celebration and the staff made sure we were all taken care of. Very nice for the person of honor to receive such royal treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Black Steer Charhouse reviews archive.
- JudybethVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very disappointed that even though I indicated in my reservation that we were celebrating Bob's 75th birthday, there was no acknowledgement whatsoever of this. For that reason, I will not return
- dinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014a decent amount of outdoor seating available. Food is pretty good, and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooddancersDined on 7/26/2014I initially made the reservation for four people. We were attending the Illinois State Square Dance Convention at the Weston. We phoned in to add two more people. The service and food is excellent. My wife an I have eaten there several times and we keep coming back. I know you'll like it if you try it.Special Features:
- bbakDined on 7/25/2014the 6 of us had a great time all because our food was really good and our waitress was outstanding with service and individualized attention to all at our table. Of course we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StallionDined on 7/23/2014First time there for dinner LOVED it will be back. Food was fantastic. Live entertainment Rick Lindy was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good!palsalDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I go there whenever we can. The food is delicious and the service is friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer Great As UsualFineDiningGary1VIPDined on 7/4/2014As repeat dining and lounge band listening/dancing Itasca area customers, Black Steer of Elk Grove Village can always be counted on for good, food, spirits, service, and cleanliness. Now that summer is here, the outdoor patio is a awesome place to dine and listen to the live music. I think the establishment can be known for the customers it keeps...a good sign to us all. Thanks Black Steer owners and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Steer CharhouseCKayDined on 6/24/2014As seen through the eyes, ears and palate of a visitor to Chicago and environs........... The best dinner of our week long stay!! Steaks were perfect, service was great, and the server was quite friendly. And, the prices were most reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average. Poor service.frawlmaDined on 6/21/2014Our server was a dud. When we didn't immediately know what we wanted to drink, he said that he would come back. It was 10 minutes later. Our meal was average food at high price. Only offered additional to the gentleman in the group. While making a request server walked away. Never asked if we wanted dessert, which we did. The bill took forever. This was not the first time with the same complaint...service. I thought I would try again but I'm done.Special Features:
- Trending downDinerDined on 6/17/2014Eaten here during several owners. Trending down. Had three entrees. Both fish were very good. Bone-in ribeye was tough. Suspect steak quality not what it was once.
- good...not too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014I was looking for a good restaurant for fathers day, but didn't want the usual hour wait at the regular chain steak houses. gave this place a try because it accepted reservations. the soup was excellent. the steaks were good. quality matched up with a longhorn or outback type place. and they had a little more variety with prime rib, and lamb chops. cost a couple of bucks more per person than your mid level chain, but for fathers day the extra couple bucks was worth not having to wait to eat.
- disappointing fathers day lunchdiner420Dined on 6/15/2014I ordered fish and half of it was burnt the waiter was boring and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Would not go back
- busyladyDined on 6/1/2014The waiter seemed to want to rush us to order. In fact, when one of the menus didn't have the special card, he said oh you can share it. We declined his comment and asked that we get a list of the specials for each of us. The food was very good.Special Features:
- email@example.comPrositDined on 5/31/2014This has been our friends first dinner at Black Steer. They thought it was a great experience. We ate outside on a patio. The drinks were reasonably priced. The food was great. My friend usually doesn't have a kind word to say about his steak dinner at a restaurant, but was ecstatic about his rib eye steak and the way that it was cooked (medium rare). All in all a big THUMBS UP.Special Features:
- Very decent place to eatJasmanDined on 5/30/2014The service was great along with a great menu. We had the wood fired chicken which was a good deal for the price. The bar had a very good band and a lively crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimersGreatVIPDined on 5/23/2014It was our first time to eat here and it was much more than we expected. The decor is beautiful, the service was very pleasant, and the food was wonderful! I had the spicy mango tilapia and my husband had chicken and ribs - excellent dishes. Oh and the calamari melts in your mouth - yuuuuuuumy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We had 18 guests in to Chicago for a training session and chose the Black Steer Charhouse for our dinner outing. I set up our reservation on Open Table and someone from the restaurant called to confirm our reservation. On the day of our reservations, Helen called to confirm again. I advised that we wanted to pick 3 entrees from the banquest menu for our guest and also gave her our appetizer and drink requests. She set up menus for our group with the three entrees to pick from and had them ready at each seat for our guests to choose from. Our appetizers (preordered via the Open Table website) were served shortly after we sat down. It made the planning so much easier than normal for our large groups. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfyVIPDined on 5/10/2014As always a good meal at a reasonable price! Very comfortable lounge without the overpowering entertainment. We will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.