216 S. Second St
Milwaukee, WI 53204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blacksheepmke.com/
- Phone: 4142230903
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Harroun and Valerie Stafford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Black Sheep
Housed in a turn-of-the-century industrial building, Black Sheep boasts exposed brick walls, original wood flooring and a soaring beadboard ceiling — all enhanced by tasteful, eclectic modern interiors — creating a cozy chic vibe. Featuring a rotating selection of 16 unique bottles tapped from a self-serve dispensing system, Black Sheep offers three sizes of pours for sampling and pairings. We offer inventive crafted cocktails and an beer list that appeals to true enthusiasts. Black Sheep's menu offers casual yet inventive food selections including plates to share, salads, desserts including pairings from Indulgence Chocolatiers and our gourmet haute dogs. Sunday Brunch brings Milwaukee's first DJ brunch, with music from noon to 4 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Sheep reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (9)romantic (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome!RMM0605Dined on 9/20/2014What a pleasant surprise! We had an awesome server at Black Sheep, she made our evening. We tried the Mac and cheese, delicious. Our entrees were good, meat and vegetables, not a lot of starches. Dessert was very yummy. The place is nicely decorated. Parking would be the only concern ... A little challenging, be prepared to walk a little. Nicely priced as well.Special Features:
- good foodluvtotrynewthingsDined on 9/19/2014nice selection of food. the rosemary grilled lamb chops were outstanding as well the grilled asparagus. Just the right amount of seasonings, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only the service was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Let me say this first - I love the atmosphere and the food. I will keep going here. BUT - I've been here three times in the past month and each time at least one staff person (server or bartender) has given off the vibe that they resent me for showing up and quite frankly, prefer I'd drop dead. For the time being, their "badittudes" are entertaining and make me giggle. That being said, I haven't really had to wait for a beverage or my food (which I would not be able to overlook).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Lack of appropriate level of staffing, very slow service.
- Dinner before concertTinfin71Dined on 9/9/2014We ate at Black Sheep for the first time last night and we really loved it! First of all, the decor is so great, unique pieces all over and just a very well thought out theme. Very visually appealing atmosphere. The menu is very unique and not overwhelming with choices. That's my hint that the food will be very tasty and then you read the combinations and it's hard to decide because it all looks good. We had the wooster dog from the happy hour menu. Wow, fabulous combination of salty, sweet and blue cheese bite! The pomme frites and truffle aioli, GET THEM or you're just a fool! And for dinner we did the scallops with risotto and the sugar charred steak...oh boy, both wonderful! We will go back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Friday night small plate dinnerBayAreaTransplantsVIPDined on 9/5/2014Happy Hour has very generous options from which to choose. Great Haut Dogs. And Shantal the hostess is an inspiration for all of us. Great energy, especially after a long week of work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!luvhappyhourDined on 9/5/2014It was my first time here and I loved it! Great happy hour specials and outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tatertots and dogshate2cookVIPDined on 8/28/2014What more could you look for! Tots were outstanding. Dog was great but oh so rich! My husband (not a dog eater) had an amazing pork chop. Great service! quite niteSpecial Features:
- Excellentmkell297Dined on 8/26/2014Half price wine (by the bottle) on Tuesday, happy hour food menu...outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightAimeeDined on 8/11/2014I wanted to surprise my boyfriend and go somewhere new. This was perfect. He's a total foodie and now I think we need to go a few more times to try everything on the menu. The atmosphere was outstanding (I'm persuading my boyfriend to buy artwork just like the restaurant's lol).Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem in Walkers PointComfortfoodmeDined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant in the heart of Walkers Point offering small plates and specialty haute dogs. Must try the BLT Dog!! Also serve your self wines so you can try as little or as much you want! Great date night restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour hit!MakingmehungryDined on 8/8/2014Wow! I didn't expect to fall so hard for this place! Fancy hot dogs and wine? Sounded a bit off, but it all just works! A bit expensive, but amazing Happy Hour specials! Everything we ordered was delicious...from the perfectly crisped tater tot nachos, to the creamy Mac and cheese, and on to the best hot dog I've ever eaten. Balsamic fig reduction, blue cheese and arugula on a dog? You guys are brilliant! Go with a group. You're going to want to try everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where locals goRibeyeGuyDined on 8/8/2014We found this restaurant on Eater.com, in the most recent Top 18 List. As "out of towners", we truly felt that we had found a hidden gem where only locals would go. The poutine was amazing and the hot dogs were great. Beer and wine selection was also very strong. Our server (Paige) and the valet parking dude (Alex - we sat outside on the patio next to where he was standing) were really wonderful. We had such a great time, that we joked about driving back the next night when we were 1 hour away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, Trendy stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and decor - the wine bar was awesome and a really fun aspect of the meal. The food was delicious, however I don't think I would order a "haute dog" again because it wasn't really anything special. The mussels and charcuterie was great!Special Features:
- Great Surprise!ChristopherJDined on 7/26/2014The cocktails were delicious and refreshing. I was dining with my 21 year old nephew and selected Black Sheep for the eclectic menu. I thought he would go for a Haute Dog. I was wrong, he chose a pork dish and nearly licked the plate. I had lamb chops, perfectly seasoned and grilled. Overall great dining, comfortable atmosphere and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We won't be back.kpcnetDined on 7/25/2014We waited an hour for our oysters, which we only received after flagging down our waitress. Our main course came even later. Still hungry, we asked if there was anything we could order that might arrive more quickly. The server assured us she could bring the charcuterie up right away. This next dish took almost an hour and was deliverd at the same time as our dessert. The server was pleasant and apologetic when we flagged her down, but inattentive. It was the worst dining experience I've had in years.
- Gourmet Hot Dogs and Tater TotsGoogFoodDined on 7/25/2014Black Sheep is a trendy spot with the ambience to match. Beautifully decorated interior with plush cushion benches and modern chairs contrasts nicely with the rustic wood tables and bar. A great place for a casual dinner (that was us with kids), or a romantic night out. The spiked tea was excellent and changes regularly. We started with tater tot nachos. The best I ever had and I am drooling just thinking about it. The Mac and cheese had a superior blend of cheeses and tasted fresh and creamy. Ironically the one thing I didn't love was the hot dog. I had one with pulled pork and barbecue sauce. The presentation was unique - on a breadboard in a mini-loaf but tasted dry as a whole. Stilled I'd give them another shot..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Black Sheep reviews archive.