Black Pearl Restaurant
1529 South Pearl Street
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Black Pearl Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackpearldenver.com/
- Phone: 3037770500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily beginning at 5:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm Brunch: Weekends 10:00am - 3:00pm (featuring bottomless mimosas) Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm - 6:00pm (featuring half-priced drinks and oysters)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mitch Mayers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire restaurant may be rented for functions, or, our unique layout allows us to sell out portions of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Whited 3037770500
- Special Events: Don't miss our Summer Wine Series from May - October 5-7pm! Go On Tour with Black Pearl...Wine Dinners from around the World the 1st Wednesday of Every Month...Call for Details!
A word from Black Pearl Restaurant
Described as contemporary American cuisine, Black Pearl's menu is focused on using fresh, locally produced ingredients that deliver a fullness of flavor which can only come from foods produced and prepared in a conscientious way. For the diner, that means our changing menu will feature seasonal foods, grown locally, and picked fresh to ensure their fullest flavor. From fruits and vegetables to meat and poultry, Black Pearl is committed to serving foods that are grown and raised in a way that shows respect for nature, and, of course, a similar respect for those who produce them and you who consume them. In addition to our regular menu selections, Black Pearl features a fresh raw oyster bar. With a carefully chosen selection of delectable oysters at all times, the raw bar has become a dining destination of its own.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Pearl Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (18)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (15)romantic (13)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Keep returning to the Black Pearl, it's close to home. The food is so good. I enjoyed the scallops. I took a friend for her birthday and they gave her a complimentary, delicious desert with candle. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I truly enjoy the experience. I would not recommend you bring children here. It's a nice adult outing. Thanks Black Pearl.Special Features:
- great nite!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014sat outside--drinks were yummy. Food was very good. Service was also very good. Enjoyed our eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better serviceKSGirlDined on 7/26/2014This was my first visit to the Black Pearl, which had been recommended by a coworker. I brought my parents with me, and they happened to be very indecisive that evening. Our server was incredibly helpful patient, especially when explaining the extensive wine list. We started with pork belly, and for entrees we each ended up getting a seafood dish: mussels, scallops, and the fish special (striped bass, I believe it was). The food was excellent. We were seated near the open kitchen, which I suppose might be a negative to some people, but we enjoyed gawking at the chefs while they worked. Overall a great experience, and I really can't say enough about the service.Special Features:
- Find dining that was down to earthNfliDined on 7/23/2014The food was amazing, expensive. It you get what you pay for. The staff was great, very down to earth, attentive, knowledgable and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience as usualaknittedbrowVIPDined on 7/21/2014Many thanks to the wait staff who recommended a fabulous - and affordable - wine to accompany our dinner. All four of us ordered the same dinner - the 3 course tasting menu - which was superbly prepared. We had a wonderful dinner and a very enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Great findMOSanzoDined on 7/15/2014Great little restaurant on South Pearl. Wonderful food, especially the calamari and the halibut. Great wine list but pricey. About $100 per person with appetizer, bottle of wine, salad, entree and dessert.Special Features:
- Makes it specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We booked at Black Pearl for our first anniversary and the staff made it a very special night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very disappointingvalerie44Dined on 7/13/2014Brunch is just not their thing. Some restaurants try to do too much to make the most money, and apparently the Black Pearl is one of these places. First, the monkey bread was not very tasty. It didnt really remind me of monkey bread. And when you tell me their is cream, there better be more than a tiny spoonful. Next, I got the square breakfast. Hard to go wrong right? Wrong. The potatoes were dry and flavorless. The eggs were slimy (not real eggs). My bacon was burnt. My boyfriend got the duck hash. There was a half inch of grease at the bottom of his dish. Do I need to say more? Very very disappointed.Special Features:
- what happened??GESWWPDined on 7/13/2014This used to be a great place for dinner and brunch. Our last visit was terrible! the food was mediocre at best. The service was horrible- wrong food, not filling coffee even though asked, inattentive to the point of not being able to find the waiter....... Although it has been a" go to" for many years I will not be returning.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014Had an 8pm reservation for a Tues night. Service was slow, took a while to get our drinks. We ordered and then the waiter came back and told my husband they were out of the pasta here had ordered. They have a pretty small menu so that was unfortunate. I got the burrata which was good, they brought my husband the wrong salad. After starters it took over 45 mins to get our entrees. I got the sweet corn risotto...never in my life have I sent something back for being just plain bad. It lacked any sort of flavor or seasoning, and tasted like water and rice (worse possibly). My husbands scallops were great. They gave us cake to make up for it- pistachio ice cream on it was fantastic but cake was dry and flavorless. Maybe went on a bad night? Sad.
- slow service marked the eveningeccewbdDined on 6/28/2014Started off with service that was attentive and quick but as the meal progressed we felt abandoned by out server. Food was below average but she would not have known as she did not return until she brought desert menus. Then room another, 15 min to bring the check.Special Features:
- Black Pearl is a PearlJJeatsVIPDined on 6/21/2014We thought there were many tempting offerings, not true at every notable restaurant. The starter of gorgonzola souffle was rich and yummy. The entree of four large scallops with hominey, fava beans etc. was mouth watering and generously proportioned. The BP is very attractive with its large window opened to the gorgeous summer evening. We enjoyed the neighborhood atmosphere with families, dogs, people oni bikes, and lots of strollers. Altogether a most special dining experience.Special Features:
- Servicefoodie222Dined on 6/15/2014Treated my husband to the Father's Day Brunch which was mediocre at least. Bottomless Mimosa's were dampened by the poor service and actual delivery of drinks. It was disappointing that the advertising of Bottomless Mimosa's was anything but bottomless. Great outdoor dining but frustrating to have to chase down your waiter. Get it together Black Pearl!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsureburlyVIPDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant is definitely a neighborhood gem. The service and the ambiance is always fantastic. We have enjoyed this restaurant through the years, yet the past few visits have been disappointing. We heard that the chef recently changed and we were excited to try. Our artichoke was not cooked and the Panza salad was horrible!! My husband enjoyed his salmon and said it was the best he has experienced in a while. My scallops were just ok, but the veggies under them were good. We are mixed still on this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant on PearlNosferav8rDined on 6/9/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday dinner and had a great time. The waitress (Kim) was awesome, friendly and outgoing... the ambience was wonderful and the food was absolutely incredible. I had the swordfish, which is a fish I usually don't like and was completely blown away by the quality. Wine selection was also excellent and we easily could've stayed here all night... but we also wanted to walk up to the Village Cork up the street for more of that :) Prices a bit higher than the local competition, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Delicious!TatitotDined on 5/24/2014Duck confit skillet was delicious. My bottomless mimosa was constantly being filled - never had to sit with an empty glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cost versus value/TGIFDined on 5/23/2014We all liked this restaurant but found the prices for beer and per glass wine to be exorbitant. The food was good and the chef used imagination, but even here, we would like to see a little better value.Special Features:
- JanetCVIPDined on 5/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Black Pearl. I had heard it was a great place and was not disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool neighborhood spot!CajunfoodieDined on 5/18/2014Food was good, ate at the bar where the service was very good! The scene was vibrant but not too loud. The farmer's market was in full swing on Pearl Street, which created a challenge. We were forced to park more than 6 blocks from the restaurant, street was blocked off, we were late for our reservation. But, they seated us in the bar, the doors were open to the front patio, all worked out. Be aware of the farmer's market congestion, as it was unexpected.Special Features:
- Always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014The Black Pearl is one of our favorites for several years now and it never disappoints!! Great place to take a date or spouse, meet friends or colleagues. Great place for the after work happy hour gathering or a special event dinner with your significant other.Special Features:
- Black Missing PearlCeciDined on 5/11/2014ordered mussels not available, so I ordered oyster po boy, there was about 7 tiny oysters on my bread, no taste & dry, I did love the monkey breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchJennaDined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy eating at the Black Pearl. We walk from our house and enjoy great food and drinks!Special Features:
- Black Pearl BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014This place is pretty bad. The service was horrible. Especially for a Sunday brunch with bottomless mimosas. Had to ask repeatedly for a refill along with refills of water. Food was average, at best. Won't return
- Wonderful menuWahineatheartDined on 4/28/2014There is something for everyone on this menu and I can not over state how lovely the wait staff was to us!Special Features:
- Fresh local fareF000dLuvrVIPDined on 4/27/2014Black Pearl is back on the map as a result of a great decision to bring Chef Samir on board. His food creations are nothing short of mouth watering and the presentation is beautiful. Jeremy as master of ceremonies is always a wonderful pleasure to see and takes great care of everyone coming through the doors. All of the BP team are very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. The wonderful food with a menu that changes each quarter seasonally and the wonderful staff make this Platte Park spot a must go. Bottomless mimosas and awesome bloody mary's for brunch are also spectacular.Special Features:
- Great SpotFirsttimerDined on 4/25/2014I have always passed by and never went in till this past Friday...... Way over do!!!! The place was great!Special Features:
- The following 776 reviews are from the Black Pearl Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always a TreatMikeDined on 4/17/2014Never had a bad meal here. Great street, great atmosphere. Delicious food with a great wine list.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceadnewms3Dined on 4/11/2014I loved the setup of the place and it was such a nice night, they opened the front wall window and had people dining outside. We had a table right at the top of the couple stairs that lead down into the kitchen and it was really cool and unique to see how great the kitchen ran and the smells that came from it. All of the food we ordered was excellent and I will be going back to try more. I will say that you will pay more on the high end for a night out at this restaurant but it was completely worth the expense for a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarians will Love BrunchFamousamos915Dined on 3/30/2014The birthday girl is a vegetarian and she loved brunch at Black Pearl. There were many...and I mean many...choices for her to choose from. She was delighted with all the options for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAngelaDined on 3/28/2014Great neighborhood restaurant! Very good food, excellent service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningNickyDined on 3/27/2014Really enjoyed the waiter who was very knowledgeable about botht the food and drink. Wonderful atomosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at Black PearlKamalDined on 3/22/2014Street parking was a big headache, avoid at all cost. Good ambience and good service. Food was novelty with claims of 90% local ingradient. Vegetarian options are limited and not worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againGIN777Dined on 3/10/2014menu appeared very limited whatever alcohol I asked for they didn't have the cheese plate was very good pork entrée was not
- Great place on South Pearl to dine!StephanieDined on 3/9/2014We ordered omlettes and Crab Bennie (eggs benedict with crab) and the food was delicious Ambiance is cozy and pretty and service was friendly and fast. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to others. The food was a high quality overall as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best service everVikaDined on 3/8/2014We have been impressed with the service at this restaurant. Our waiter was simply the best in all possible ways.Special Features:
- AmazingMaryDined on 3/1/2014Hard to know where to start with the compliments. Our server was incredible: knowledgeable; perfect timing of attention; engaging. The food was absolutely incredible. Appetizers (the calamari and the cheese/meat plate are highly recommended--especially the pate); Entrees: streak, scallops, fish were all fabulous. We didn't have quite enough room for dessert but the coffee was wonderful, too. Oh, and our pre-dinner cocktails were equally wonderful. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Sad that Black Pearl is BadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2014The food has always been sometimes weird, sometimes amazing. But the effects of a busy Restaurant Week showed in their (lack of) service. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Unfortunate selectionjustsayingDined on 2/28/2014We took a group of 6 to Black Pearl to celebrate my mom's 71st birthday. Our waitress was so incredibly rude, it was unbelievable. She made snide comments, talked down to us, ignored several requests...need I go on? None of us will ever recommend or go back to this restaurant again. What a waste of time and money! This individual ruined our birthday party and should be fired!
- Went for 5280--great meal--lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014Went for 5280--great meal--loved the vibe of the place--locals--staff very friendly-everything was fresh and delicious==will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, cramped dining roomHelenDined on 2/26/2014My boyfriend and I recently dined here during restaurant week. We were both disappointed in the service and atmosphere. We were promptly seated in the main dining room in a narrow table along the wall. The patrons on my right and left felt closer than my boyfriend across the table. After many introductions by the host and waiter, the service disappeared for 10 minutes before taking our drink order. Our appetizers arrived before our drinks. A basket of bread was served with our appetizer. The food was good but amidst the crowd and bustle, it was not an enjoyable meal. I've been to Black Pearl before but just for drinks or a solo meal at the bar, which is always a lot of fun.Special Features: