910 Haddonfield Berlin Rd
Voorhees, NJ 08043Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackolivevoorhees.com/
- Phone: 8564355500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: George Iliopoulos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Take-out catering available
A word from Black Olive
Traditional, homemade Greek cuisine that promotes a long, healthy life. The menu features items such as fish, bread, olive oil, vegetables, yogurt, and cheese, among others. Black Olive is a BYOB establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Black Olive - Best Restaurants in Voorhees ›
Black Olive reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (25)special occasion (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- keeps getting betterCosd47VIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has come a long way since it opened. It may be the one and only restaurant to be successful in this location. Many have tried and many have failed. The food was just okay when Black Olive first opened but has become quite good over the past year. It is reasonably priced and a great alternative to the other restaurants in this little "restaurant row" just outside the Carmike Movie Theatre. Be sure to make a reservation.
- Sunday Night Delite !!!!!!!!!!!!!saturdaynightsDined on 8/31/2014Have eaten at this neighborhood gem on various occasions and continue to enjoy the service and food. Will certainly recommend and go back with my family. They are also participants in our local Save Voorhees campaign which is a very "neighborly thing" to do. Thank you Black Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek DelightcriticDined on 8/30/2014Nice neighborhood Greek restaurant with authentic Greek food. Service was excellent and the waiter offered free glass of wine. Unfortutnately it wasn't Ouzo. The waiter asked when taking our order, Are you in a hurry or do you want to take your time? When was the last time a waiter ask you that question? Honesty i can't remember it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bitemeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food here is very good, authentic Greek food at reasonable prices and the service is attentive and pleasant. We enjoyed the lamb and orzo special, as well as the classic moussaka, spanakopita and hummus - the only negative comment is that when we ran out of pita bread with which to scoop up the remaining hummus and asked for some more, we were charged an additional $1.00 - not a lot of $, but unexpected - especially when they bring out seconds of their regular bread for free?! - do they really want to alienate customers over a few pennies worth of bread?I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/23/2014Fantastic food and friendly service. They were accommodating to split two dinners in the kitchen for us when we could not decide which dish we wanted. And everything was delicious! I would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Will return againGreatGreekFoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Based on the review we decided to try this restaurant and also for the 1000 points on the reservation. The restaurant has a down to earth home style restaurant feeling. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. We ordered salmon soup which was outstanding. The salad was also very flavorful. For entree I had the special - trio of Moussaka, Makaronada, and Spanakopita. All were delicious and well made with large portion. My husband had the lamb chop special. It was really good also. The owner came by few times to ensure we were having a good meal and recommended a special dessert. He also offered us Greek coffee on the house. We were also surprised at the very reasonable price at the end. Great location, great food and service!Special Features:
- GEt your Greek on!LoungediningVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was fresh, flavors were not overpowering, but definitley not blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressconnielouDined on 8/14/2014We had mostly appetizer and salad for a late lunch. They were tasty and well presented. The salad with 3 lamb chops was a good deal. The only negative was the Waitress who was obviously in a hurry to leave. Her lunch shift was over mid meal and instead of assigning another wait staff she kept coming over to remove dishes while we were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!StephenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Visit number 5 and still a winner. We've been working our way through menu and have yet to be disappointed. I had the pork chops this time and they were extremely flavorful, very thick and the lemon potatoes were very good. Once again, we didn't have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place to eat.PickyfoodieDined on 8/1/2014This is a good local place to eat out. The food is fresh and the wait staff are efficient. The Baklava is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for LunchOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 7/31/2014I went to Black Olive for lunch. I went a bit later (1:30 pm) and there were only two customers including me. I had spanakopita and a Greek salad for $10. It was delicious and filling; the portions at Black Olive are generous. I could make this a regular spot in my lunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in a Strip Mall!!!StephenVIPDined on 7/29/2014It just keeps getting better!! This is my 4th visit to the Black Olive and I am continually impressed by the level of service and the quality of the food served in this "oasis in a strip mall". The Plaki was outstanding (the underlying fish was scrod), the mixed grille appetizer pleased everyone at the table with the combination of sausage, ribs and lamb. The 4 dip combination with pita was also a great appetizer and one of my friends had the salmon. He said that it was very tasty without being overcooked. My other friend had the leg of lamb which he said was excellent. The desserts were wonderful and I continue to recommend the Black Olive to anyone who'll listen!Special Features:
- luv2d9VIPDined on 7/20/2014Grilled octopus....perfect! Best I've had...and that includes Petruce!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuts to Soup.HungryGuyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite local restaurants, with good, fresh food and reasonable prices. On Saturday I asked to substitute the avogolemono (sorry if I butchered the spelling) soup for the lentil that was offered, and the waitress refused. I asked her to chek withthe owner, who was on site, and she again refused. I have alwasy been accommodated with this request in the past; perhaps the waitress was new. I paid extra for the soup; it was only four bucks, but it's not a good idea for a restaurant to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a regular customer. I will give them onemore try, though, but if this restrictive policy continues, well.there are lots of other restaurants on the same block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!!FoodfavVIPDined on 7/12/2014I am half Greek and was very impressed with this restaurant. The menu selection was awesome and everything to our appetizers, entrees and dessert was fantastic! Authentic greek cuisine at a very affordable price! Don't forget it's Byob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal1RowanMomDined on 7/12/2014We always have a great meal at the Black Olive. Our favorite waitress - Breanna was great like always.
- Delicious!marshaDined on 7/12/2014This was my first time for dinner. Had been there one other time for lunch. My husband and I shared the roast chicken and the leg of lamb. They were both really good. BUT . . . my favorite was the dish I had for lunch. That was the gyro platter. And it only costs $12. I would get that for dinner as well. It was REALLY delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneDined on 7/12/2014Best Greek byob ever!!! Super fresh, fantastic flavors! A MUST visitSpecial Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!StephenVIPDined on 6/26/2014The staff was knowledgeable and gracious, the food was excellent!! The owner was present and delivered a special appetizer, gratis. The octopus was tender, seasoned and grilled to perfection. The spanakopita was flavorful and lacked the layer upon layer of filo that is the hallmark of many spinach pies while the spinach was seasoned to perfection! They have an outstanding array of sauces for dipping and they were wonderful! This is a real find to be located in a glorified strip mall!! The menu is not huge, but they do what they do very well. Remember that this is BYOB so you can't go wrong with the wine list!Special Features:
- Good Greek FoodMidgeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Solid place service getting better. The atmosphere is not greatSpecial Features:
- Capt WittingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014After having eaten in many resturants in Greece over my 30 years as an international airline pilot, I was surprised to find this establishment in my backyard.Special Features:
- Excellent find.bestbiscottiVIPDined on 6/22/2014Authentic Greek food. Nice BYOB. Wait staff is very attentive. Food is delicious and reasonably priced. We will return. Great place to dine before or after a movie at the nearby theater complex.Special Features:
- Generous PortionsOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 6/8/2014From the moment I arrived, everyone in the restaurant was friendly and warm and that persisted throughout my visit. I was surprised by the generosity of the portions but that only meant that I could enjoy it again the next day. I had the spanikopita which was the biggest surprise. I was expecting a few thin triangles but receive a loaf! It was tasty but too much to eat at one sitting. In addition I had the hummus which was very good and perfectly complemented by warm pita bread. I will go back but will order less or take a friend.Special Features:
- dinealotDined on 6/8/2014Very impressed with this restaurant. The food and menu were very good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!FoodieDebVIPDined on 6/7/2014Thought some of the menu options were different from the other "like" restaurants which is great. The food was fresh and served hot. Our server was very attentive. Would come back again!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!MailSouthJerseyDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food, great service. We will definitely be recommending to our friends.Special Features:
- Great Findbjmc3208Dined on 6/2/2014Went for my second wedding anniversary and had a great time. The food was great and the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- NoiseClipperDined on 6/2/2014The room is made for echoing sound. We had a family with three little girls whose were very loud and unfortunately those misbehaved children forced us to leave sooner than we normally would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEBARONVIPDined on 5/30/2014The bb shrimp app was excellent but the other dishes had no flavor and were extrenmely bland. Our server conversed with another table for at least 15 minutes or more before serving our soups nor did she ever come back until she brought the check.
- NiceCharlieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice experience. Appetizers are too small for the prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseChalDined on 5/24/2014We really enjoyed our Saturday dinner at Black Olive. Our server Brianna was excellent and extremely helpful in selecting our food. The braised lamb shank special was amazing, and I would never have looked at the specials menu without her help. Really tasty and tender as could be. She also recommended the shrimp dish my Sweetie had and it was also great. The lemon potatoes were really special, never had anything like that before. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great food, reasonable prices.HungryGuyVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is a local, upretentious, local restaurant serving excellent Greek food at reasonable prices. In addition to the usual Greek restaurant fare, there are daily specials including fresh fish and several lamb dishes. My wife had the bronzino, and I enjoyed the braised lamb shank. Entrees include a soup or salad. The service is excellent and the BYO keeps prices moderate. It's one of our favorite local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Black Olive reviews archive.