Black Iron Burger
540 East 5th St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Black Iron Burger
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackironburger.com/
- Phone: 2126776067
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00 pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Black Iron Burger
Nestled in Manhattan's East Village, the Black Iron Burger offers up delicious all natural, lifetime antibiotic and hormones free burgers, fries, onion rings and more for hungry New Yorkers and tourists alike. This New York burger joint is a great place to hang out with friends and family while enjoying a great meal and listening to a fantastic mix of music. With cozy and rustic decor, the Black Iron Burger gives patrons a new reason to enjoy a good burger. Cooking their burgers on a Keating Miracle griddle gives their hamburgers a unique flavor because the smooth chrome surface locks flavor and freshness in. Vegetarian options such as world class turkey burgers and veggie are also available. Open for late night diners, this East Village burger restaurant also has ten draft craft beers on tap to wash down the burgers. Also try our malted Haagen Dazs ice cream milkshakes. Come visit the Black Iron Burger today for an unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Iron Burger reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best burgerCatherineDined on 5/13/2014Best burger ever. Found this place in time put New York a few years ago. Been going back ever since. Great beer list and the burger is just second to none. Patty is just the right size - not too fat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Iron Burger ReviewitalkaboutfoodDined on 4/30/2014We went on what seemed to be a pretty quiet night. Overall, the food was great (especially the fries) and we had an enjoyable time. They also had a pretty good beer list. I'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly The Bar Burger You WantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014Cool spot, looks a little like a London gastropub. The burger was cooked perfectly to order (medium rare) and had a nice lightly toasted bun. The toppings were fresh, and there were a couple of mustard and hot sauce choices in addition to ketchup. It's a real burger, and not trying to be too fancy. Just good value for a good burger. The fries and onion rings were both great too, exceeding expectations. The restaurant is small, the noise level is lively but not deafening, and they have a great beer list. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersbennycVIPDined on 4/10/2014Burgers always great here if you prefer the thin patty style. Service was just average as only one waitress was handling the entire restaurant area. Would absolutely come back for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome burgers! It was aMikoVIPDined on 4/8/2014Awesome burgers! It was a Tuesday and early so it wasn't crowded but u was still surprised to see that amount if people given that it's a little out of the way. But definitely worth it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the loaded friesNYCDaneDined on 4/5/2014I like BareBurger, but once in a while it's nice to try something even more local. Black Iron is a great place to go for tasty burgers - and the loaded fries, which are truly great. The food is cheaper than at BareBurger, at least by a bit, and the portions are about the same size. The waiter has a lot of tables to tend to, so this is a place where you have to raise your hand or voice for attention. That's good if you just want to be left alone, bad if you crave a new beer every five minutes. The staff seems attentive and cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar fooddeedeeDined on 3/20/2014the burgers and onion rungs were good. service fast and friendly. there was a soccer game on TV and the guys watching were screaming and shouting, so the noise level was horrible. The place is tiny so they were right on top of us. prices reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grab a burger at the barJeremyVIPDined on 3/16/2014Tight space but quality burger joint with good selection of draft beers. I'd say go with a max group of 4 but preferably solo or with one other. Check-in specials on 4 Square or Yelp land you some free fries (which I of course realized after the fact).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Black IronOhGeezDined on 3/9/2014Black Iron Burger's staff was attentive, friendly, and charming, but largely left us alone (which I appreciated). I had the Groupon, and they allowed the two beers on the Groupon to count towards the price of the pitcher we ordered, which was lovely and unnecessary of them. And the food and beer are fantastic - good selection of each, perfect portion sizes, bomb onion rings...and just perfectly cooked burgers. I definitely want to return, even without the Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastc burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014simple, perfectly done, delicious meat, nothing fancy and not so big you can't get it in your mouth. Perfect. Ditto chocolate shakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger place will definitelyJay65Dined on 2/22/2014Great burger place will definitely go back. Also they have a nice tap beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice East Village SpotAHahnDined on 2/14/2014Burgers are great, chicken BLT is amazing. Beer selection is good too (they have cider).Special Features:
- Amazing burgers!DougDined on 12/31/2013The burgers (and onion rings) are absolutely delicious here! If you enjoy a good burger, this place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the placeTre2Dined on 12/16/2013Great appetizers, specials (try the empanadas and chicken wings, delicious) and tasty burgers. Great selection of tap beer too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new go-to burger placeBgr80Dined on 12/16/2013After hearing so much about it, we decided to give Black Iron Burger a try. Everything was delicious. The Black Iron and the new special Burger were really juicy. Also we tried the onion rings (homemade) and the chicken fingers. Overall, it was more than we expected. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Great Experience!LuvMDined on 12/16/2013Came down to Black Iron Burger through a friend that recommended it to us. He already told me it was good but we were blown away!! First, Buffalo Wings specially seasoned, were to die for. Then we ordered the Black Iron Burger, Black and Blue and Onion Rings with ranch sauce, wow! Burger is juicy, toasted bread, perfectly cooked as ordered. The onion rings were spectacular. The waiter explained to us that everything is fresh and homemade right there daily and you definitely taste the difference! We'll be back soon for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite burgers in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2013I love burgers and this is one of my new favorites in NYC. The Black Iron burger was fantastic and the price is very reasonable. I will be back many times. The servers did their job well but seemed to be stretched a little thin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Top Burgers in the EVtorlessDined on 11/24/2013Stopped in Black Iron randomly a few weeks ago with friends on a Saturday night, and it immediately became my go-to burger joint, as it serves one of the top burgers in the East Village (both meat and veggie burgers are amazing). Chill, unpretentious bar ambiance (without being annoying) complete the experience. Excellent, casual neighborhood eatery with stellar fare. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine burger, independent attitudehamburgerlooreDined on 10/26/2013Burger was fine, nothing special, the attitude was one step away form "get it yourself." The help actually wore a face of pain as she took your order and barely a thank you as you paid your bill. I would not predict this place lasts long.
- Hidden Gem in the East VillageRobLVIPDined on 10/6/2013Ended up here for a Sunday morning burger and it was PHENOMENAL. Fresh and tasty... Onion rings off the charts. Just a GREAT find ... I had the Masterpiece and it was!!!Special Features:
- Burgers, bar, and beer-- oh my!KimballVIPDined on 9/28/2013The burgers were prepared exactly as ordered. Loved the pumpkin ale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.