Black Hills Estate Winery/ Joy Road Vineyard Kitchen
4190 Black Sage Rd
Oliver, BC V0H 1T1Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: CAN$30 and under
Black Hills Estate Winery/ Joy Road Vineyard Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackhillswinery.com/
- Phone: 2504986606x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday-Sunday: 11:30am-4:30pm
Happy Hour, Limited Menu: Friday-Sunday 4:30pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Joy Road Catering
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ spinning nightly from 5-7 pm for our happy hour celebration!
A word from Black Hills Estate Winery/ Joy Road Vineyard Kitchen
Joy Roads Kitchen Vineyard is located on the beautiful patio at Black Hills Estate Winery. Offering exceptional responsible cuisine developed by Cameron Smith and Dana Ewart this sustainable cuisine changes with the gardens of the seasons.These two chefs and their team are dedicated to creating exceptional dishes paired to compliment the wines of Black Hills. The terroir on which their vineyards sit have become recognized as some of the most exceptional in Canada. Located on the famed Black Sage road north of Osoyoos, we are right in the middle of Canada’s only official desert. This gives our vineyards a microclimate that puts us among the hottest, driest and sunniest sites in the country. The talented chefs of Joy Roads are happy to be united with Black Hills to create to ultimate dining experience for you and your guests!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Hills Estate Winery/ Joy Road Vineyard Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (13)scenic view (11)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)special occasion (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- September VisitChickletDined on 9/11/2014The winery is worth a visit for the famed Nota Bene wine which. if you buy. is outstanding but really should be kept for 2 - 3 years before drinking. The food in the winery is snack food not lunch. We had Burrowing Owl to compare it to and the differences are very marked. The pizzas from the wood fired oven are quite nice but the rest of the food does not quite make the "great food" category. We tried about four different share dishes and were disappointed. Would we go again ? Yes in a heartbeat. The views are outstanding, the wine is lovely but lunch can be given a miss.Special Features:
- love the new container kitchen!NaramamaDined on 8/16/2014Had a great lunch with friends that were visiting from the city, always love Joy Road and everything they do. It was the perfect lunch for a summer day, that Burrata was amazing! Can't wait to go back next summer!Special Features:
- different than expected but goodcclay715Dined on 8/14/2014Overall, we had a great experience. I had booked online for their 4-7pm Happy Hour just introduced this summer (Black Hills + Joy Road). When we arrived, no one seemed to know how to handle our reservation and we were sent from the winery to the restaurant and back to the winery. The DJ was just OK, the service was decent though could have been better and the charcuterie plate was quite delightful. I mainly went for the Joy Road Kitchen aspect of the Happy Hour and will return to attend a Joy Road long table dinner series in the future.Special Features:
- Nice placenew2wineDined on 8/3/2014Pizza was absolutely wonderful! Service was very good. Not much of a view, and the sitting area is very close to Black Sage Road. Overall, very nice and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but incredibly expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014Tasty food overall. Ingredients tasted incredibly fresh, could have use a bit more complexity, lots of things in dishes tasted great, but the same. Service was very nice, professional, attentive, with a great streak of personality and humor. Our server was a tall curly haired blond lady. She was great! The setting is good but could be great! You're tucked away a little bit on a side patio, and you get to look at other people having a great view, but the view from the food part of the winery isn't great. However, you are outside and surrounded by grapevines, so I'm not complaining to strongly here. The biggest negative was the price! we had: A pizza, 3 oysters, a salad with a tiny piece of salmon & two glasses of wine... our bill was $100!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolutely wonderful visitThirstyTraveller123Dined on 7/27/2014Awesome! Beautiful view, an incredibly friendly staff. Food was great, as was the wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent artisan pizzaLuvOliverDined on 7/25/2014Great meal and ambiance. Service was great and our server was extremely friendly. My only criticism is that they double their wine prices eventhough they only serve their wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalGirl82Dined on 7/19/2014My fiance and I went to Black Hills for a wine tasting (excellent) and then to the JR vineyard kitchen for lunch afterwards. We had the 1/2 burrata to start and it was so, so delicious. The best burrata I've ever had! We then had pizza - garlic pesto, potato, bacon and goat cheese for me, and tomato, salami, olives and mozzarella for him. Note that it's not the super traditional wood-fire crust (I don't think they have a outdoor pizza oven here), but still really good, fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Nice sunny spotPennyBDined on 7/7/2014Had an enjoyable lunch in the sun. Atmosphere was relaxed, service was friendly and prompt. Nice portion of charcuterie and presented very well. The pizzas were also very creative and tasty. Beware, the price can creep up if you are drinking wines by the glass. Overall an enjoyable experience in the heart of wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding wineryeating1outDined on 6/21/2014Stopped here for lunch and it was incredible. The view and the setting is absolutely glorious. The building is stunning. From the minute we arrived until we left we had excellent service. It wasn't intrusive, but easy and friendly. Excellent knowledge of wines and food pairings. The oysters were especially outstanding and of course went perfectly with the Alibi. The portions were perfect for sharing. The two different sizes of most items made it great to be able to try numerous dishes. I wish I could have tried everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Black Hills Estate Winery/ Joy Road Vineyard Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great experienceAaronwannaDined on 9/27/2013Fantastic atmosphere. Fantastic wine. It's a hard balance to present oneself as something a bit exclusive and high end without becoming stuffy. The friendliness of the staff definitely helped balance that out. The wine also speaks for itself. No wonder it has a cult following.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Flight with PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2013Great option to do the Black Hill's wine flight along with a pizza. The pizzas are done in an outdoor oven, thin crust, and delicious. You have a choice of the 3 different tasting flights. The view on the deck is of the wine valley, it is fantastic. Our server was attentive, very personable and very knowledgable not only on their own wines, but of wnes in general. A nice touch was a personal reservation sign on the table with our name on it. Great memorable stop and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!ThirstyTraveller123Dined on 5/29/2013We had a wonderful wine tasting experience at the new Black Hills Wine Experience Center. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable, and the wine was the best we have tasted in the Okanagan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.