Black Hat Cattle Co.
26295 Hill Top Drive
Kittredge, CO 80457Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Black Hat Cattle Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackhatcattleco.com/
- Phone: (303) 670-0941
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner 7 nights a week - 4:30 to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elizabeth Medina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your smaller celebrations, why not reserve our Wine Room. Seating 6-8 people, it offers a warm and private setting for your enjoyment.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Rodriguez 3036700941x
- Special Events: Happy Hour Daily - 4:30 - 6:00pm - Bar Only -
Featuring Appetizer and Drink Specials
Early Dining - 4:30 to 6:00 Daily - 3 Course Pre Fixe Menu $29.95/Person
A word from Black Hat Cattle Co.
The Black Hat Cattle Co. is the place to go if you're in the mood for a dining experience that goes beyond its great food. Our western decor beckons you with music, laughter, conversation & warm hospitality - hang your hat and stay awhile! If you love 100% natural premium cuts of beef, this steakhouse is the place for you. Our steaks are aged a minimum of 21 days & hand cut daily to maximize flavor & tenderness. We season our steaks with only salt & pepper and grill them at a searing 1800 degrees so you can taste the difference in our all natural beef. If you don't like beef, this is the place for you too. We offer a diverse menu including St Louis Style Ribs; chicken dishes and a variety of tempting fresh fish & seafood entrees. We go beyond the obvious quality of food & drink - we embrace the welcoming spirit of the West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Black Hat Cattle Co. - Best Restaurants in Evergreen ›
Black Hat Cattle Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Absolutely delicious food. Great service. Look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:
- Relative GatheringWhitDined on 7/4/2014We always like to bring out of staters to the foothills Black Hat. A lot of fun and great drive up the canyon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceKarlDined on 6/28/2014We absolutely enjoyed our dinner. The filet and the ribeye Were fantastic and the ribs were excellent and plentiful. If you're not a big eater you should order the 1/2 rack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty steaks ans seafood!EVHillsDined on 6/27/2014My wife enjoyed a seafood combo that featured crab cakes, grilled shrimp and trout. I had a ribeye. Both dishes had generous portions. The selection of sides is somewhat limited and could use more fresh veggie choices. Atmosphere was relaxing except for the music, which was some annoyingly eclectic mix of old country, "She got the gold, I got the shaft" and other genres.Special Features:
- Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Our waiter Doug was very attentive and knowledgeable. Our steaks were cooked as ordered, ambiance is country decor with great country music playing in the background. If you are looking for great food, nice people, and pleasant atmosphere, I highly recommend.Special Features:
- 4 birthdaysJvanbezDined on 6/23/2014We went here for the first time to celebrate with our friends all four birthdays. It was a Monday night, and I think there was only one other table occupied that night.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!DeniseDined on 6/21/2014Fabulous! Food and service excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Perfect. Thanks, Dave. We managed to consume all the food you brought us! Very tasty.Special Features:
- All Around Great!bits1bytes2Dined on 6/18/2014This was our second visit to the Black Hat and we thought we'd try to visit during a week night. It was very quiet as compared to our first visit and I think we were the only people dining at a table, while the rest of the patrons sat at the bar. It was very quiet as a result but it didn't change anything about our excellent service or great tasting food. I would recommend a quick weeknight trip to beat the weekend crowds and enjoy a quiet meal in the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak placelovegourmetfoodDined on 6/15/2014This is a men's restaurant, not a gourmet place. The steaks are great, cooked perfectly to order, but there's not much innovation here. Our service was poor; we waited forever for dinner. The creamed spinach was lukewarm, and so was the decaf coffee. My husband's elk medallions were slightly tough.Special Features:
- KittredgeOverratedDined on 6/15/2014Food was decent and prepared nicely. Way over priced and service was poor
- Favorite dining experienceLuv2dineDined on 6/13/2014The ambiance was wonderful. Love the western artwork and decor Food service and quality couldn't be better What a find! So nice to really enjoy a special dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dayCarrieDined on 6/13/2014I've been to the Black Hat a number of times and the food is outstanding, the service is always superb (John was our waiter this time and he anticipated every desire!) and the atmosphere soothing and scenic. A gem in the mountains that should be experienced by all who desire an exceptional meal!Special Features:
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014This restaurant is a great place for special occasions .The western theme is great with the location. The restaurant is a easy drive up 285 to Kittredge. The steaks were tender and cooked to perfection!!.Special Features:
- Nice eveningMtntalladyDined on 5/31/2014The food is still the same as before and great dinner and dessert...We will come back one day in future!!! Thank you...Special Features:
- great dinnerCotterDined on 5/29/2014The service was incredible and the food was great. This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014A friend and I dined at Black Hat and had their Early Dining Special - it was a wonderful surprise and a great value $29.95 for a three course meal. I had the New York steak and my friend had the Flatiron steak - we also enjoyed salad and a great dessert, the huckleberry bread pudding - it was delicious! Our waiter was wonderful and the ambiance is very western and comfortable. I would recommend as it was a very pleasant experience with great steaks!!Special Features:
- Enexpected Valuejer84Dined on 5/23/2014Thought this would be a nice romantic night out with the wife and it was much more. The service was quite exceptional and was pleasantly surprised with the early dine option which was priced in a quite affordable range for starter, entrée with two sides and desert. The dersert by the way was heavenly, a wild huckleberry bread pudding. Yum yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected...DenverBaileyDined on 5/17/2014Looking at the website and the very high prices, I thought this would be really special. I was disappointed. The salads and filet medallions were just average. The elk was really not ok....no flavor. This was an anniversary celebration and next time it will be The Bistro in Evergreen. Looking for more ambiance and more flavor for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and steakgreatsteakDined on 5/16/2014The four of us were celebrating a birthday and life in general. We wanted something different than the normal high-end steak house. We very much like the Black Hat. John did a great job in assisting through the menu that had a great variety of steaks. A number of us had the rib-eye. I am ready to go back! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but to pricyOutdoorguyDined on 5/15/2014Food was very good but too pricy ... Service was good but time between courses was much longer than it should have been. Felt like they were pushing Booze to fill the gap. Or the gap was to push booze
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first time to visit the Black Hat Cattle Co. We had a great meal and wonderful service. We live in the area and will be coming back for sure. cheers JonSpecial Features:
- Mothers day dinningluvgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Our experience at Black Hat for Mother's day was outstanding. Great Service, great food and a good atmosphere. I would and do recommend it to many people.Special Features:
- Better quality than Simms LandingSteak4herDined on 5/4/2014On a whim we decided to take the short drive to the Black Hat Cattle Company instead of doing our usual Sunday steak night at Simms Landing. The service was spot on in every way,the wine list excellent. The steaks were far better than at Simms and on par with Elways. The prices are comparable to any GOOD steak house and the service we received matches the other reviews.Far better than I expected. The Black Hat Cattle company is a very good alternative to the other big name steak houses in and around Denver.Special Features:
- What a TreatLuvsroyaltreatmentDined on 4/29/2014We had a delightful dinner with friends. We have food sensitivities and that was no problem because everything is made to order. The wait staff was friendly and prompt. We highly recommend it to our friends and anyone else who will listen!Special Features:
- Great steaks!JackieDined on 4/26/2014Just a hint - order a tad less well done than you expect, as my medium Cowboy Drumstick (a great steak) had no pink in it and was a little too overdone.Special Features:
- loved it!viciDined on 4/26/2014We had been driving by it for years and decided to spend our 35th wedding anniversary there. It was everything I had hoped. The food and the service we amazing. Anyone looking for a delicious steak, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Great find!LovenewplacesDined on 4/20/2014This was our first visit and it definitely won't be the last. The food was fantastic and the wait staff very friendly. Great experience.Special Features:
- Easter lunchNaN8Dined on 4/20/2014Everyone seemed to think the food was too salty or overseasoned and a bit overcooked. Usually a good placeSpecial Features:
- ExcellentInSearchofGoodFoodDined on 4/19/2014Great food, ceviche and choice of prime cut meats, served in authentic, classy western atmosphere. Worth the drive up to Kittredge, great meal and evening getaway.Special Features:
- thoroughly enjoyed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We had not tried before and just wanted to try something different. we were very pleasantly surprised. the food was great, the service was very nice and it just has a good feel. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodtimeDined on 4/19/2014Black Hat Cattle Co. never disappoints. The food was amazing (as usual) the steaks melt in your mouth. Our waiter John was great as well. He was very friendly and knew the menu & wine list. I love that the owner is always there wearing his black hat. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 star taste for everyonebits1bytes2Dined on 4/18/2014We have been looking for a great steak house that wasn't over run with too many menu choices, like many chain places. When you want steak, you want a place that does steak perfectly. We also usually dine with our children and have friends with kids as well, so it has to be kid friendly. We found it! The steak was perfect, the sides left me craving for more, even though I couldn't have eaten another bite. The kids loved everything they had, including our teenage boy who generally eats the plate the food is served on. Great wines and very friendly staff. This is definitely a place we will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLuvdatribeyeDined on 4/14/2014When special occasions come up the black hat cattle company comes to mind.We're not real big out to dinner folks and live a ways from the Black Hat. However every time we go here the dining experience is wonderful and the food is great. We also really like the ambience of the place. Nicely decorated and the noise tone is low for good conversation.Special Features:
- Hidden in plain site!ScottDined on 4/8/2014I have driven past this building for YEARS, never knowing that such an amazing restaurant was there. I used Open Table to search for steakhouses and Black Hat popped up. I took a chance and made reservations for our dinner out, knowing this would turn out being either a bad idea, or the best ever! It was the best. The location is on Hwy 74 in Kittridge, and the interior décor is Western/Colorado mountain. We were greeted by a friendly host and had a very friendly waitress. Our main purpose was to celebrate our anniversary with hopefully a great tasting steak. If you are a steak lover, this is the place!!! Best tasting, most tender and locally raised meat!!! Loved it. Apple pie for dessert was also amazing. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in the pastSherylDined on 4/5/2014The food was just not as good as it has been in the past. We had dined at the Black Hat Cattle Co. two previous times and really thought it was a very good restaurant. This time the steaks were just not as flavorful as in the past and we felt that their prices were a little high for the quality of food. The service was very good however.
- SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2014We had the cowboy drumstick steak which was delicious and the lollipop short ribs which were tender and very flavorful. I would highly recommend the food was outstanding, the server attentive, and the music was great! This steakhouse is in a small mountain town and the drive is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014Our steaks were prepared as requested, our server was attentive and very helpful, the huckleberry bread pudding was excellent. I would highly recommend this steakhouse if you are looking for a friendly atmosphere with great steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining AmbiancegalpalsdiningDined on 3/23/2014I have been there many times list last year - everything from celebrating birthdays to celebrating the passing of life to romantic dinners. Its quiet, clean, menu is wonderful and the staff is very attentive to all of your needs. Yes its pricey but well worth the value AND the desserts are to fabulous.Special Features:
- Love black hatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014We have been coming here for years now. Love the place and love the location. It gives us reason to drive up in the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.