Black Hat Cattle Co.
26295 Hill Top Drive
Kittredge, CO 80457Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Black Hat Cattle Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackhatcattleco.com/
- Phone: (303) 670-0941
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner 7 nights a week - 4:30 to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elizabeth Medina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your smaller celebrations, why not reserve our Wine Room. Seating 6-8 people, it offers a warm and private setting for your enjoyment.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Rodriguez 3036700941x
- Special Events: Happy Hour Daily - 4:30 - 6:00pm - Bar Only -
Featuring Appetizer and Drink Specials
Early Dining - 4:30 to 6:00 Daily - 3 Course Pre Fixe Menu $29.95/Person
A word from Black Hat Cattle Co.
The Black Hat Cattle Co. is the place to go if you're in the mood for a dining experience that goes beyond its great food. Our western decor beckons you with music, laughter, conversation & warm hospitality - hang your hat and stay awhile! If you love 100% natural premium cuts of beef, this steakhouse is the place for you. Our steaks are aged a minimum of 21 days & hand cut daily to maximize flavor & tenderness. We season our steaks with only salt & pepper and grill them at a searing 1800 degrees so you can taste the difference in our all natural beef. If you don't like beef, this is the place for you too. We offer a diverse menu including St Louis Style Ribs; chicken dishes and a variety of tempting fresh fish & seafood entrees. We go beyond the obvious quality of food & drink - we embrace the welcoming spirit of the West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Black Hat Cattle Co. - Best Restaurants in Evergreen ›
Black Hat Cattle Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (33)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Overall the food was good with the steaks excellent. The service was very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphere.time2dineDined on 10/29/2014We have always enjoyed our gatherings at Black Hat Cattle Company. I am certain we will continue to do so. We met a couple who had never been there and they enjoyed it as well. Even stated that "This is our new favorite place"!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed our steaks, service, and the music. This restaurant is wonderful and I recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this resturantgirlfromdenverDined on 10/26/2014Our visit to this restaurant was on a Sunday for an early dinner. The food was perfection. The atmosphere so fitting for the little mountain town of Kittredge. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!JackieDined on 10/25/2014I have been here several times and have never been dissapointed. Not only is the scenic drive from the Denver area wonderful, but the food, especially the steaks, has always been outstanding. My compliments to the chef and to the waitstaff!Special Features:
- confusing reviewsexperienceddinerDined on 10/24/2014So much applause for this restaurant. We found it so below our expectations. Better than average service, but the food was nothing to write home about. Escargot tasted frozen, and just heated in a microwave. Steak was tough, not the quality that would be found in Elways or Capital Grill. We will not return.
- Perfectly cooked steaksDenverGregDined on 10/18/2014We had my parents visiting and decided instead of the usual places in the metro area to head out into the foothills and try something new. Black Hat Cattle Company is out between Red Rocks and Evergreen, and the drive out there winds through the canyons with great scenic views. I'd rate the food up there with some other great steak places around Denver. The sides were also excellent, and they had great desserts . Now that we've found it, we'll definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Dining ExperienceLuv2readDined on 10/2/2014We always enjoy the delicious food, warm ambiance, and great service. A special thanks to Cassie who is warm and vivacious and makes us feel like we just dropped by our neighborhood bar! The beef tenderloin melts in your mouth too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationFabulousDined on 9/26/2014Hard to beat the beautiful mountain location, the western flair, the scenic drive to the location.away from the citySpecial Features:
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Our steaks were excellent, our service was spot on, and the western decor is very inviting. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!MyGrlsTheBestDined on 9/11/2014As soon as we arrived we were greeted and immediately taken to our table. The host and hostess were very friendly.. Our server did an excellent job. He was friendly prompt, and just a pleasant guy... The food was good we ordered the elk medallions and the seafood combo.. The bacon was a little more well done than i like but the medallions were great. Temperature was perfect, they were moist and tender just the way i like.... The chorizo gravy was so good!! I've never heard of anything like that before and I'm glad i decided to try it!! The salmon was delish, as we're the crab patties and of corse the shrimp! My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice place to get away from the kids for a romantic evening and we found the perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoyDDined on 9/10/2014The food was good but not great for the price. We would return sometime but it would not Be a special destination restaurant for the reasons given. The staff was very congenial and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Hat Cattle CoLTurnleyDined on 8/29/2014The service was excellent, staff very attentive. Food was prepared with great attention and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The steaks are delicious and cooked to order, the service is exceptional - Kourtney was very professional, and the music is great! I will recommend to friends and family!Special Features:
- GoodfoodjunkieDined on 8/27/2014A great place to take visitors from out of town. The drive to Kittredge was beautiful and the western ambiance was perfect was quiet and inviting. Our meal was delicious and the service was outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic escape to the mountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Great place, perfect steak, awesome rustic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceNiceRestaurantDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good and the waitress was quite dutiful without being obtrusive. The drive up was pretty, but didn't like the winding road. Everyone from the host to the waitress worked to make the visit enjoyable. I would't be afraid to recommend this place for any occasion. It was a "little" pricey, but where isn't any more that has good steaks. I enjoyed a glass of Colorado wine - it was good.Special Features:
- A BIT PRICEY.......FancyDined on 8/25/2014found the entrees a bit over-priced......my ribeye ($38) was a little tough and tasteless.... the owner was very attentive and polite...Special Features:
- LoumanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Probably my best dining experience during my week's stay in the Denver area. The Kanas City aged rib steak was outstanding along with the creamed spinach. The owner, Dave, was hands on to make sure everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous experience every timeJPearleDined on 8/24/2014The food was absolutely excellent. The rice, which can be bland, was extraordinary and made me want to order a whole plate of it! The steak was top notch and the seafood grill consisting of salmon, shrimp and a crabcake was prepared perfectly. I asked for the salmon to be cooked "medium" or less and it was exactly right. These folks know what they're doing! Our compliments to the chef and wait staff. Courtney gets an A+ for her service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekAudreyDined on 8/23/2014We wanted to try a steak restaurant for 5280 and decided on The Black Hat Cattle Company in Evergreen. We were seated at a lovely table on the patio with views of the surrounding mountains. Our waiter was incredible and offered some recommendations from the wine menu as well as the food menu. I stuck with the 5280 menu, we both had steak, it was cooked perfectly and was very tender. I am a big dessert fan and was a little weary but it may have been thee best thing I have ever ate. Thank you for including this restaurant, we had a very lovely evening and we look forward to visiting the Black Hat Cattle Company again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was averageab2014Dined on 8/23/2014Patrons are greeted upon entry. Western decor with numerius Bev Doolittle pictures. Wait staff is extremly pleasant and friendly. However the food was extemly disappointing based upon the reviews I had read. I could have made better salmon at home. Which was served with dry rice and a few mixed veggies and a small uninspired crabcake. My friend enjoyed his steak. I simply do not understand the high reviews of this place. It was not worth the two hour drive back and forth from Staplelton.
- Great birthday experiecegrtbdaytimeDined on 8/23/2014reservations were available and ready exactly as requested with appreciated birthday recognition and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shamelive2eatDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was nicely decorated, the original waiter was attentive, the drinks were good - but the food was only marginal. The salads were small, but tasty. My main course was a $30 New York strip steak and it was as tough as shoe leather. Our waiter stopped by to check on us just as we were served but did not stop by after we started to eat. After some length of time, and after leaving much of the steak half chewed on the plate, a second server came to pick up the plates. As he picked them up, he asked how the food was and I told him the steak was terrible - as I'm sure he could plainly see on the plate. He laughed and took the plate away - only to return with the check. Definately, not worth the money - cannot recommend.Special Features:
- Happy we discovered this restauranthdlvrsDined on 8/23/2014The food, service, location and music are amazing! Went at the beginning of Restaurant Week and it truly was the best experience we have had. Everything was perfect, where other restaurants we have been to for Restaurant Week seemed to lower their standards and quality of food. The music that was played is at pleasant volume and is the owners collection of good country music as it was back when, not too far back though!!! The food was excellent as was the service. We will be going back to Black Hat Cattle Co.!Special Features:
- StormygirlDined on 8/20/2014Dined early on the patio, so did not experience noise level at peak dining time. Loved the background country music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gtemrDined on 8/19/2014Meat was cooked correctly and very flavorful. We had 3 different steaks; filet, Kansas City strip and the porterhouse special. The vegetable medley was really great. Salads and French onion soup were also enjoyable. The calm, friendly atmosphere as well as the food keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Great experience all the way aroundmtnchickDined on 8/13/2014My sister was visiting from out of town and wanted to treat my husband and I to a belated anniversary dinner and this was a great choice! We made our reservation online and were pleasantly pleased when the owner himself, greeted us by name when we entered the restaurant. The servers were all very kind and professional as well and the food was very good. Slightly more expensive than expected but still within reason for the quality of the food! They were even kind enough to bring us a complimentary anniversary dessert! We will definitely come back for special occasions or to entertain out of town company!Special Features:
- Closer than you thinkExceptionalDined on 8/8/2014We were very impressed with our recent visit to Black Hat Cattle Company. Our waiter was knowledgeable and entertaining. The food was exceptional. Very close to Morrison just west of Denver. And to reinforce our experience outside the city, the elk posing for pictures on our way back home only made it that much more unique. A great find with all the qualities you want in an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!DonnaInAuroraDined on 8/3/2014I would highly recommend Black Hat Cattle Co. to everyone! Our experience truly exceeded our expectations. The Early Bird Menu is a great deal! We had a window table and it was so cozy and romantic. I think it would be perfect to be eating dinner and watching snow fall outside in such a perfect setting. The French Onion soup and house salad dressing were delicious. The steaks were cooked to perfection and mouth watering. We had the baked potato and vegetable medley side dishes which were very good. The deserts were a great way to end a perfect meal. The service was outstanding and much appreciated also! We can't wait to return for another relaxing and amazing dinner experience!! It is worth the short drive from Denver! Thanks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently deliciousTizzyDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant a few times. It is always great. The steaks are some of the best we've ever had. The sides are also fantastic. We know we will have a great meal when we go to the Black Hat Cattle Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNicksterDined on 8/1/2014Food was Great!! A little expensive. The service was very good. Would definitely recommend if price was not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Our steaks were cooked perfectly, our server Jody was very attentive, and the western decor and music made are experience wonderful! Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service +HeleneWDined on 7/26/2014First time for us! Great experience / fantastic food - we'll be back! Love that it it's locally owned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave's Black HatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This with out a doubt is my wife & I favorite place to eat in all of Evergreen. We go here for special occasions. We all ways look forward to a Birthday, or Anniversary so we can go eat at that Black Hat!! The food is excellent & all the times we have been there we have never had a bad meal or regretted coming. Dave & his staff always makes us feel special. This is a true neighborhood gem. that We recommend to guests of Evergreen all the time. Dirk & LisaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 878 reviews are from the Black Hat Cattle Co. reviews archive.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014As always, the food, service and ambiance was spectacular. We have never had a less than perfect experience. I highly recommend the Black Hat Cattle Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Trout was overcooked and vegetable medley was way too salty & garlicky. Steak was so so and definitely not worth the price. Extremely expensive and very disappointed. Service by Jody was good.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBroomladyDined on 7/9/2014A friend of mine and I take each other out to dinner for our birthdays. I wanted to get out of the Denver area and try something different. We loved it. We started with the escargot and artichoke hearts. Both were excellent. We each had the rib eye and it was outstanding. We were very pleased with the wine selection and the service was exceptional. We loved the music! Will definitely return. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Good job black hat great food and service. Todd Terry , golden Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Absolutely delicious food. Great service. Look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features: