Black Bull Chop House
300 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Black Bull Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackbullchophouse.com/
- Phone: (714) 969-6700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
A word from Black Bull Chop House
Black Bull Chop House, Orange County's Best Li'l Chop House invites you to enjoy a great dining experience in a warm & family friendly atmosphere. We offer a complete menu including appetizers, salads, soups and succulent chops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Bull Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Easter BrunchjamiegirlDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch and the food was outstanding. Many choices and bottomless champagne!Special Features:
- Bad experienceretiredguyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Arrived right on time for our reservation and were seated promptly. In a short while waiter came and took our drink order. Restaurant was far from full (not even 1/2). After 20 min. without drinks and without inquiry as to what we would like to order, we got up and left!
- Best Sunday Brunch!!KimybeeDined on 4/13/2014I always enjoy myself when I go to Sunday Brunch at Black Bull Chop House!! They are always so accommodating with great service. The selection of the food is AWESOME and I never have issues with finding a place for my group and I to sit whether we walk in or have reservations. Jade is a great server and she made my Sunday Brunch Birthday celebration an enjoyable one because her service was on point!! I look forward to my next time there! I haven't been there at night but I'd like to do that in the near future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and DancingOsocuteDined on 4/12/2014Dinner was good. Great variety on the menu. Drinks were excellent. After dinner, there music starts playing top 40 in the back with plenty of room to dance and relax. The Bull was an added bonus. A must visit in Huntington BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not go backpumpfanDined on 3/21/2014This place was completely awful. I ordered baked potato and ribs. The potato was COLD the butter wouldn't even melt and the ribs were dry. The table behind us also had to send their food back to the kitchen because it was cold when they received it.Special Features:
- Big thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Thank you for accommodating myself and my guest for my birthday brunch. We had a great time and will be back for more special occasions.Special Features:
- Black BullLINDACDined on 3/8/2014Place was empty when we got there - and we got a lot of service!! When we left it was full - yet no one pressured us to speed up. Had great food and really enjoyed our time together. Will come back with friends!!Special Features:
- Average meal average price.SeanVIPDined on 3/6/2014This place calls itself a chophouse? When I hear the word chophouse I except a little higher quality food, service, and ambiance. Don't get me wrong the food was ok but I probably wouldn't go back unless I was going to the bar. It is not setup as a fancy restaurant but more of a bar with a mechanical bull. It was loud with club like music playing. I bet it is a fun hotspot on a Friday night......Special Features:
- foodiewannabeDined on 3/2/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday and the spread was stunning. The food was good, not exceptional, but good and the service we got was not. Our server just had to get us our drinks and we waited for almost 30 minutes and then went walking around to find her. she said she'd get those out to us right away. Again, we waited another 10 minutes or so and finally went to the bartender to ask for her. The bartender was on it though and had our drinks to us in 5 minutes or less. It was very loud and chaotic and don't think we'd go there again.
- Love the BrunchXena812Dined on 2/23/2014I celebrated my 40th birthday here and they were so accommodating for such a large group. It's a few years later and my friends and I go to brunch there several times a year. Always fantastic service and great food.Special Features:
- Hey!DanODined on 2/14/2014Outstanding service and delicious food at the right price. Reservations through OpenTable were excellent!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised...KelvinVIPDined on 2/1/2014We chose this location due to it's location from our hotel and the Marathon. I was a little concerned by other reviews but was a great experience. The food and service was great. Jade was our server and was very friendly and personable. Our reservations were at 6:30 on a Saturday and the noise level was fine and we were able to have great conversation at our table. We will come back soon.Special Features:
- great steakdennisharrison1Dined on 1/31/2014I had heard of this place for a while. Knowing its location, I made an early reservation so we could beat the crowd. The reservation wasn't necessary, as the place was empty! Secretly, I was concerned that there was a reason for the lack of patrons.... Overall, the experience was great. My steak was delicious, beer was cold, and the ahi appetizer was creative (though too spicy for my wife). The only complaint was that the staff looked bored.... after all it was a Friday at happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseanniversarydinnerVIPDined on 12/31/2013Don't let the large bar and mechanical bull frighten you from enjoying the food at this unique place. There are dining spots away from the bar and bull. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality, presentation of our selections. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu.
- We were a large party of 20.Chardnay8Dined on 12/7/2013We were a large party of 20. The restaurant was very accomodating considering they said they had no record of our reservation. They put us in a room that is usually used for dancing, which gave us lots of privacy. The staff was attentive and helpful with our cake, which they kept in the refrigerator until we needed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ... a good experience!Happy2DineDined on 12/5/2013I chose this restaurant via the internet as I am from out of town and was meeting with business clients for dinner. While we enjoyed the delicious food, which arrived at our table PIPING HOT, our waitress seemed too busy to handle her assigned tables. I noticed she did not visit the table next to ours any more often then she stopped by ours. On a bright note, during the busy holiday season, we did receive exactly what we each ordered though we had to ask for items a couple of different times. I would recommend the restaurant if you are not in a hurry. The restaurant was clean and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was great. HostessFixeduVIPDined on 11/9/2013Waitress was great. Hostess was a dud. All food came out great except for one steak, which was re-doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation but didn'tstephDined on 10/25/2013Had a reservation but didn't need it. Super quiet on a Friday night at 7pm. Good service and good food. Happy hour was still going on and we definitely enjoyed that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchgavvy1223Dined on 9/22/2013The food was great. Our "server" was ok- sometimes awesome, sometimes not. We were there for about 2 hours and for his benefit, we had been tucked away in a corner. I would definitely do brunch here again- bottomless mimosas were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy bar not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013We actually cancelled our reservations because when we arrived, the noise level was so loud, we couldn't even carry on a conversation by the front door with the doors closed! People were dressed in t-shirts and shorts, beards and tattoos, smoking right near the entrance. It definitely is not a restaurant type of aura but more of a dive bar local hang out. Too bad because the menu looked excellent, but we were overdressed. It's not a place for a nice diner with the family.
- my birthday brunch experiencejemiDined on 8/25/2013i loved my birthday brunch, the only comment i really have is our "waitress" wasnt so friendly. we had a gentleman come in every so often check if we needed anything. just that little difference, makes the black bull experience, an experience. thank you !Special Features:
- Best steaks in Huntington beachDonnaBrassDined on 8/24/2013Excellant service great steaks. Reasonably priced good atmosphere an wine list by the glass. The blue cheese dressing an cranberry go good together try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotidetailyourlifeDined on 8/17/2013We went for a bachelorette party and we loved it. The bartender greeted us with shots and was really great. The waiter was a little neglecting to our table, but overall, it's a great restaurant in the area for both tourists and locals alike.Special Features:
- Good seating arrangement.Jt1525Dined on 8/3/2013Good seating arrangement. Great menu, has a little bit of everything. Nachos, calamari, baby back ribs! Our group enjoyed the music the beverages and ended the night with a great time on the dance floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2013From reading the reviews of this place and from looking at the menu, I thought this would be a great place to go with my BF and daughter for a celebration dinner. The menu had more upscale food choices and the pictures on the website looked like a casual but upscale restaurant - a bit like a gastropub. It was not at all what I expected. F-bomb filled music so loud I couldn't even speak to the person next to me and questionable drunken characters outside and inside the place. Maybe the crowd was different because it was the Vans US Surf Open weekend. I'm not sure, but if you need a security guard to watch over things - the environment is a bit more than "energetic" - frantic is a better word. Whomever wrote "kid friendly" is mistaken.Special Features:
- Great BrunchPeteDined on 7/14/2013Great food and great customer service for brunch time. I have not experienced the lunch or dinner yet. I would recommend the Black Bull to anyone. Great location to dine and make a day of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013A friend had recommended this spot and I was a bit apprehensive at first but the place was a lot of fun. They stop serving dinner at 10 p.m. which is fine because the place turns into a club after that and they get busy. We ended up being late as we were at a boxing event that ran long so we missed dinner, however, Jade was awesome in accommodating us with bottle service and a table. Security there was very kind to accommodate our VIP and assisting. Really a fun yet casual spot. Watching the bull riders is fun and although no one was really getting thrown off in a fierce method it added to have in the background. Young 20-30's crowd. I'm in my 40's and still had fun. Come casual and you'll fit into this HB crowd hot spot.Special Features:
- DisorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Our reservation was at 10:30 am and was seated at 11:10. There were too many servers getting your order for drinks but none came on time. When we asked one of the servers, he gave us an attitude but apolologized later for having a bad night. Will definitely not going back.
- Maybe it's better if you goOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Maybe it's better if you go just for the Cowboy Bar atomsphere...As a dinner place not so good!
- I have been here before forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013I have been here before for brunch and the night scene, both are equally "fair". The food is fine, the drinks are fine; the service is fine. We don't ever leave feeling like we didn't have a good time. My one complaint would be that our server for brunch did act like we were bothering him, he was working the bar, our party of 9 plus 4 two tops. So my suggestions would be to ensure that you train the staff so they can remain attentive to everyone without showing that they are over whelmed. I served and bar tended for 8 years and that balance comes with the proper training and the utilization of staff. We tipped him handsomely and that seemed to make his attitude shift; imagine that :)We will be back, thank you.Special Features:
- My friends and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013My friends and I had a great time! It was a fun and entertaining.Special Features:
- No even an apology for poor servicePennyLDined on 2/14/2013We had a reservation on Valentines night and went hoping to have a nice dinner. First, they put us all the way in the back where they were still remodeling. No big deal, but it was right next to the kitchen. Our server came and took our drink order, retruned with our drinks and asked if we were ready to order. I asked about a burger I saw online and he stated that the website had not been updated in a long time so it was not available. We asked for him to give a few more minutes which turned into 20 minutes. Finally he came back, we waited and waited, finally stopped him and asked when our food would be ready. He said they were backed up. I had seen the people get heir food quicly in the front. Then the meal was wrong when served.
- We have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2013We have been here many times and there are no disappointments here. Great food both breakfast and brunch....Lots of locals and during the summer lots of visitors. If you are here in Surf City on a Sunday and hungry then this is the placeSpecial Features:
- This place was super fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013This place was super fun! I really enjoyed myself. Bar, music, and mechanical bull! You can't go wrong with that combination. The only issue is making sure you get there at a good time to park (parking structure across the street from black bull is what you can get validated; gets full very quickly :/). Overall, an awesome spot to hang out with friends. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Just try itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012This place should be packed every night but it's not. The quality of steak they serve is at a much higher level than what they charge for it. I have had the bone-in ribeye and the new York and both were cooked exactly as I ordered and were absolutely delicious. The sides are great too. Only thing I could knock them for is slightly slow service, but the staff are very courteous.Special Features:
- A change of mind for a skeptic...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2012When my brother suggested Black Bull for brunch, I was a bit skeptical since BB is the crazy bar/club w boozed up patrons, but after this visit, I must say that daytime BB is something special & worth checking out. FOOD: Hot & cold treats. Omelettes & waffles to order. Yummiest ceviche! Sweets to die for. Endless champagne. Yes, please! SERVICE: Beyond amazing...you never have to look around to track a server down to get ur champagne topped off. The second you set ur empty flute down, its magically filled by one of the beautiful & super friendly/bubbly employees. AMBIANCE: One of the best places to catch Sunday football. Bright atmosphere. Lots of high quality TVs. NOISE: loud & fun. CROWD: 25-40 hip/beach types. Loved & will def. return!Special Features:
- Don't make your reservations onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012Not that this will even be checked since when we arrived they did not have my reservation for 7 since nobody checked the online reservations. I would suggestion not to have this great option if nobody is going to check it.Special Features:
- Consider another place firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I try to up my reservation 1 week in advance and no one will return my calls not even after I left 4 messages, then the waiter refuse to do separate bills and I took 1 hour to figure out since in the middle of our dinner we got moved to the boots to get the dance floor clear. It was a little bit of nightmare and $400 hundred dollars later they won't even validate my parking ticket
- My wife and i went here expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012My wife and i went here expecting to have a nice dinner and the place looked and sounded like a club. We couldn't talk to eachother because the music was so loud. All the tables were around the bar so there was no privacy. We didnt stay, so I cant comment on the food. We were there at 6:00 on a Sunday night, not a Friday or Saturday. This would be a great place if we were single and 21, but we are not. They should advertise this as a pub, bar, night club etc not a resturaunt!Special Features:
- Did not eat there. WalkedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Did not eat there. Walked into a bar area with booths ringing the room. No one is there to greet you and there was a note saying to seat yourself. Problem, there were no seats available. Worst thing was the ear-splitting noise that hit you the minute you opened the door. It was deafening "music" at a volume I haven't heard at major concerts. The four of us would not have had dinner there if we did find a seat because of the noise. We left and went somewhere else for dinner. Couldn't tell anyone we were leaving or to cancel our "reservation" because the only employee visible was the bartender and we couldn't make eye contact with him.