Black Bear Bistro
32 Main Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Black Bear Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackbearbistro.com/
- Phone: 5404281005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Black Bear Bistro
Combining the best of farm fresh local and organic ingredients with old-fashioned family value, Black Bear Bistro serves up generous portions of great food at very reasonable pricing. All dishes are prepared to order using the finest produce, herbs, cheeses, breads and meats. Meals are complemented by excellent Virginia wines plus on tap are a great selection of Virginia brewed draft beer selections … or try one of our signature martinis – all served by a friendly, attentive staff!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Bear Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Just a bar. Poor service.VickyDined on 7/26/2014Waitress terrible. Stuck in dark room in basement.
- Underwhelming againNoviceeaterDined on 7/18/2014I really want this place to be good. There are so few restaurants in Warrenton and it's such a cute town. The bldg is cool and the wait staff is nice but that's where the positive ends. They seem to be terminally understaffed so incredibly SLOW. The food is just so so and very expensive and I hardly ever list price as an issue at a restaurant because good food is worth paying for. Mediocre food needs middle of the road pricing however and this is not. Oh I should mention that in contrast the drinks were phenomenal! Pricing on the drinks wasn't cheap but I would happily pay it for the great cocktails. This place is in need of a rescue as it has so much promise and so little deliver.
- DudsDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good, but service was mediocre. There are two kitchens, one specifically for pizza and one for regular dining, and they don't coordinate. Pizza arrived and our friends were finished before our appetizer even came out. The servers are either hovering over the table or no where to be found. We'd go back for lunch and the pizza, but probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- WendyVIPDined on 7/13/2014My first time here.From the beginning the staff was warm and welcoming. The server was helpful.Now as many choices as I would have liked yet the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedinesoutDined on 7/5/2014the service was VERY slow - had to ask for water and coffee refills - fortunately the 8 year old in our party wasn't the antsy type
- WarerntonSharVIPDined on 7/4/2014A fun place to start or end the VA wine trail -- there are many close by! You can also enjoy the quaint little town. Our waiter was energetic, friendly, and very efficient. We liked the different choices on the menu -- vegan also available! Our lunch was excellent and FRESH, and the downstairs pizza pub is another place to hang out with the group for awhile. Prices are very fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveLynAdairDined on 6/21/2014The drive out to Warrenton was pleasant. Once you clear the Gainesville area the traffic eases. The town itself is quite quaint. Great for walking before or after dinner. The restaurant has a unique set up with casual rustic café on the main level and a more romantic atmosphere and bar on the lower level. The bar appeared to be a great place to drop by for a drink or two with a very friendly bar tender. We were happy that there were not a lot of children downstairs. The menu was not extensive but had something for everyone. Even casual fare like pizza. This was the first weekend for a new menu. The servings were generous and not overly priced. We plan to go back again soon.Special Features:
- TrailRunnerDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed the live music (Karen Jonas) on the back deck with a cider and a burger.Special Features:
- Black bear bistro dinnerLinkDined on 6/9/2014Good menu, good food, poor service. Friendly staff but poor support from bar tender and kitchen. Meals came at separate and the reason given was they came out of different kitchens.Special Features:
- Cool placeusmskiDined on 6/5/2014Black Bear Bistro is not extravagant but simply nice, food is good and the service is friendly! We enjoyed our dinner there and the attention we were paid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Black Bear Bistro reviews archive.