Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto
3277 Bloor St West
Etobicoke, ON M8X 1E2Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackangussteakhouse.ca/
- Phone: 4162337406x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday
5pm – 10:30pm
Thursday – Saturday
5pm – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto
Enjoy our wide selection of premium Certified Angus Beef® cooked over hardwood charcoal on Black Angus’ signature open grill. Cut into our juicy and tantalizing steaks and pair it with a drink from our extensive wine or cocktail list. Established in 1964 Black Angus Steakhouse is one of Toronto’s landmark steakhouses and continues to offer guests with an unmatched dining experience and renowned personalized service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Etobicoke ›
Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (21)romantic (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great RenovationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The renovations which have increased ceiling height and lighter finishes make it much nicer to dine in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceLivandivyDined on 9/3/2014Hidden gem. Steaks cooked to perfection. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtufjudgeDined on 8/29/2014This was our first visit to the ‘new’ Black Angus. Décor was very nice. But the steak didn’t match up ! My son and I split the 1964 Original Caeser salad with a hint of curry in the dressing - excellent! I ordered the 10oz NY strip, medium rare with some frites on the side. The steak is delivered sitting alone on the plate – no appetite appeal at all. There were no juices flowing, and the steak was dry. Looked to be on the rare side of medium rare, and it wasn’t particularly hot. It had no taste, and it wasn’t very tender either. All in all – a disappointing steak. I have had far better for far less. I am getting tired of paying 4 star prices for a 2 star meal. Won’t be going back anytime soon, if at all
- Just O.K.ItalianDined on 8/23/2014Food was O.K Quite pricey though so expect more than O.K. Nothing really stood out. vegetables were undercooked. Service was great until towards end of meal then staff seemed to disappear. Nice ambiance. Great they retained all the classics from 1964.
- monday night at The Black AnguseatsoutDined on 8/18/2014The bad: no prime rib left at 730PM and no white wines on the vintage wine list. The good - excellent service, price, great selection of reds and perfectly cooked steaks. Cream spinach was very good. Salads were average. All in all a very reasonably priced steakhouse with wonderful service and if you like a big Cab and a great steak - this is your place.Special Features:
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2014It had been 10 years since we were last at Black Angus. We'd been told that they'd significant chances so thought we'd try it. Except for there being more women in the restaurant then previously - it was ok. The service is good. The food ok but everything - everything is over priced for the quality. It was prime rib night - which my husband loves and his comment was that it was ok. One of our favourite wines was on the list but $50 MORE then our very favour restaurant up the street - $50 more. that is just ridiculous! We will likely never go back.Special Features:
- Food excellentCowboy777VIPDined on 8/16/2014The appetizers and steaks perfect. Fries are now fresh cut! Vegetables very fresh. Only complaint is the steak houses are too expensive! We would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lits KongNangDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food. Great service, very hospitable, a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnNeensDined on 7/26/2014This was my first experience at The Black Angus - was very impressed. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious. I was so impressed that I have already made plans to return with my friend next month when she returns to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New look, same excellent steakEpicuriusMaximusDined on 7/26/2014There is still a subtle aroma of new paint at the freshly-renovated Black Angus, Etobicoke's premier steak house since 1964. That aroma is quickly replaced by the mouth-watering scent of certified Angus beef once the dinner arrives. We were a foursome ordering as couples, splitting our salads and rib steaks as well as 4 side dishes. I noted a clear difference in the size of the two salads that were served, even though they were ordered as identical from the menu. I also noted that, whereas we both ordered the same rib steaks, both as medium rare, there was also a notable difference in the doneness of the steaks, with one being clearly more rare than the other. More care in portion preparation would be an improvement. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- FoodloverDined on 7/25/2014They have recently renovated and the magic of an old fashioned steakhouse is gone. Food was generally good, but I had to send my steak back as it was prepared improperly. Food has declined since the renovation. Unfortunate.
- Fantastic DiningSamuelDined on 7/19/2014Forgot the name of the waiter who served us but it was on the 19th of July for the reservation for Samuel Riggi. He did a phenomenal job attending to us and never took too long to return to our table. As for the food steak itself I can easily put it in my top 3 that I have tried so far. Cooked exactly how I wanted it and was as flavourful as I imagined. Ladies at the front desk were almost kind in greeting us as was the Chef. An overall fantastic experience. My only complaint would be that I may now be addicted to eating here! CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014The food was very good and the service was good. The restaurant was very loud, and often it was hard to hear our conversation and we were only two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful steaks!debbersdiningDined on 7/7/2014My friend and I felt like a steak dinner. This restaurant was superb. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the waiters attentive, but not too much so. It was fairly quiet as it was a Monday evening, but this was great for us as we wanted to talk and catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanatastic Evening!ChristineD76Dined on 6/28/2014Our group headed to Black Angus after cancelling our reservations at a well known steakhouse in downtown Toronto. We were all extremely happy with our change in location for our dinner get-together... The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable! Everyone was extremely happy with their menu choices... We will definitely be back and hopefully much sooner than later!Special Features:
- Not the special evening we expectedlove2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014We had requested a special table for 4, a week in advance, since we were both celebrating our wedding anniversaries. Instead, we were seated at the worst table in the restaurant, a table in the middle of the floor meant for 2 people, not 4. New items at the table required removal of others to make room. The steaks we ordered were excellent, probably the best steak I've ever had. The two women took half the steaks home because the smallest size the restaurant has is 8 oz. All vegetables are a la carte. Between the four of us, we ordered 2 caesar salads (for 4), 4 steaks, 2 potatoes (they're enormous), one order of asparagus (plenty for 4) and one bottle of house wine. The bill was $370 with tip, much too expensive to pay on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Our favorite Steakhouse in GTAMary6Dined on 6/27/2014Always excellent, great service, wonderful experience each and every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackAngusFanDined on 6/26/2014Our family has been going to the Black Angus since the 60's. We have moved from the neighbourhood and well out of town, however, we save all our special occasions and use the Black Angus to celebrate them. It was a little different with the interior re-do, however, seeing at least two familiar faces made us feel comfortable! I have eaten steak all over N.A. and there has never been a steak that tasted as good as or prepared as good as the Black Angus.Special Features:
- Was better before new ownershipTroutDined on 6/14/2014The steaks at Black Angus are probably the best in the city. Unfortunately one of the reasons that I used to go there several times a year was the very retro ambiance. The new ownership has destroyed that and turned it into a downtown restaurant clone.Special Features:
- excellent neighbourhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014I found this restaurant by chance on open table as I was looking for somewhere in our local neighborhood to take my Wife and daughter out to celebrate my wife's promotion, Black Angus was a great find, set back from the road in a heritage type building, you walk through the doors into a high end restaurant, which rivals anything Downtown, service was superb and they made a fuss of our 2 year old, menu selection was excellent to the extent that my wife had two starters as she could n't decide, the filled melted in the mouth. We had a great evening rounded off with jelly beans for our happy 2 year old. Could do with a children's choice on the menu as you have to order an adults plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Black Angus Steakhouse - Toronto reviews archive.
- food perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Service was good. Environment noise from other guests was akin to a bar. Too loud and distractingSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceD27CDined on 5/24/2014We absolutely love coming to dine here and will continue to return. The steaks are excellent and the service impeccable. You are a VIP from the moment you step through the door. Thanks again all for a memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I Found the restaurant to be very expensive; food and wine. As a general rule, wine cost should be 40% of retail; ie; $100.00 bottle should be $40.00 at LCBO. Their formula seemed to be 25%. I guess they're trying to recover the reno cost in a short period of time.
- A long-time favourite of mine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I don't like being "told" how many characters I must use before I am able to send my reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from start to finishD27CDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening with our family - it was a special night and the professional at Black Angus more than delivered - they went above-and-beyond to ensure our evening was a success. From the moment we walked through the door we were treated like VIPs. The food is always bang on - incredible steaks, so buttery and delicious. Loved the "chocolate Candy" to close our meal. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakAliceVIPDined on 5/17/2014The steak selection is quite nice. Cooked to perfection! Great service and good choice of side dishes. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clients from the beginningFood4thoughtDined on 5/16/2014My father discovered this gem of a restaurant in 1964 and our family and friends have been clients ever since. The steaks are the best, outdoing all other steakhouses in the city, but other entrees are equally delicious. The service is attentive and friendly and unobtrusive. The restaurant has always had a quiet ambiance, creating an elegant dining experience. The renovated interior is chic and has managed to preserve the privacy and intimacy for small groups and larger groups alike. Memorable and worth every penny!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Everyone at the table agreed this was the best steak they'd ever had and half of our group was from Calgary. A classic steakhouse but without the dark stuff atmoshphere. Will definitely go there again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The bacon wrapped fillet mignon medium rare was exquisite and perfectly grilled.Special Features:
- best steakhouse in TorontolovesteakDined on 4/25/2014Newly renovated, touch of class, exceptional steaks grilled on CHARCOAL, BEST steaks in the city bar none. Service is impeccable. Owner's on site every night and wants feedback, usually checks personally with customers to make sure their dining experience is the best possible. Harry, is committed to quality of food and service and takes it to the next level. Extremely passionate about his restaurant and genuinely cares about his clients dining experience. Few restaurants have a owner that loves being in the business, and who mingles with his clientele. Service is fantastic, all the staff have been working at the Black Angus for over 15 to 20yrs, that should say a lot about the type of ownership.Special Features:
- A great night with a friend!!js1901Dined on 4/12/2014The night was perfect! Starting with a friendly greeting immediately in the restaurant to a wonderfully delicious steak dinner. We had their prosecco to start out and it was delicious. Very bubbly.crisp and dry. We had the greek salad and shared the T-bone steak. The meal and the service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakKphjrVIPDined on 4/10/2014Looking for a traditional steak house with a twist? Celebrating 50 years, completely renovated! They cook your steak on an open grill in the main dining room. Steak was delicious! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak...as alwaysRupsterDined on 4/9/2014Even though Rita doesn't own the place any more, Harry has done a great job of revamping the decor, but keeping the sumptuous steaks the same! I took a couple of business colleagues from the US South, and even they said it was one of the best steaks they had ever eaten!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Angus ReviewJoeSDined on 4/4/2014Myself and three coworkers are trying to find the BEST Steakhouse in Toronto. This stop on our tour did not disappoint at all! The appetizers were very well done. The Rib eye was cooked to perfection and the deserts were delicious! I would go back and recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience.JanuaryDined on 4/3/2014My friend and I had such a fun evening; The staff was attentive and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but pricy.AscalepiusDined on 4/2/2014Decor chic. The much heralded Caesar 1964 was not prepared in the traditional table side manner. I was surprised at the small portion of the mashed potatoes ( for 4). The steak did not overwhelm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat loverBarbaraarleneDined on 3/29/2014Used to frequent this place and went back 8 years after having a bad experience with a waiter. Well, the service was great but the meat was horrible. Started with oysters which were lovely but needed more Toppings, I then had lamb chops, med, they came well done and dry , 3 of them thrown u pleasantly looking. My husband had ribs teak . I had a piece from the none and was dry and tasteless . Might try it in another 8 years However , renovations were great and staff wonderful. Too bad , I really wanted the food to be as outstanding As it used to be.
- Never disappointed when IFrankDined on 3/29/2014Never disappointed when I go to the Black Angus. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent filetStakefriendDined on 3/13/2014Dined here many times. The filet has always been top notch. Miss the 1000 island dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Angus Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014We went to Black Angus for a special occasion and it was special. The food was excellent, the staff were very friendly and helpful. One great part was that we took our time (3 hours) and they never rushed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.