Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
16300 Nyemii Pass Rd
Valley Center, CA 92082Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.valleyviewcasino.com/Dining/blackblue.aspx
- Phone: (760) 291-2130
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Knowles
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room that can accommodate up to 20 people. A/V(50" Plasma display) available for presentations or entertainment
- Private Party Contact: Monique Hawkins (760) 291-2131
A word from Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
Black&Blue is a contemporary American Steakhouse with Las Vegas flair and a hometown atmosphere, and was recently named San Diego’s “Best Steakhouse” in Channel 10’s 2008 A-List Awards! At Black&Blue we offer the choicest meats, freshest seafood and most dazzling desserts to delight the mind and body. The room has been designed with deep wood, cool granite and sexy style to transport the guest into a world of indulgence and taste. Unwind with conversation and creative cocktails in our Black&Blue Lounge. Then move into our main room where Chef Michael Knowles will impress you with his inventive dishes and innovative takes on classic favorites. At Black&Blue, you will receive the ultimate in guest service in an atmosphere that’s friendly and fun. To fully enjoy the Black&Blue dining experience, please be prepared to spend an hour and a quarter with us. Visit us at Black&Blue for a dining experience you’ll never forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino - Best Restaurants in Valley Center ›
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Anniversay DinnerPhilLovesWooDined on 11/8/2014Great food and service. Chilean Sea Bass, Filet Oscar, Roasted Bone Marrow and Truffle/Proscuitto Blue Mac and Cheese all well seasoned and presented nicely. Special market salad featuring apples, persimmons & buratta with basil oil was bursting with ripe seasonal flavors. Cooked to order carrot cake offers a unique option for dessert. Well worth the drive for dinner.Special Features:
- Still good, but not greatSoCalBagladyDined on 11/8/2014We returned for another birthday celebration, which involved some parties traveling several hours and one flying in. We expected the level of restaurant that warranted that effort, but it was not so. The prime rib was quite good. The Avocado Lobster Tower was flat, however. Literally! Instead of chunks eaten with a fork, the lobster salad over guacamole screamed "put me on a cracker." We hadn't ordered the dessert souffles, although we (especially the birthday boy) were interested in some kind of dessert. None was offered for order, they just brought the check as if we needed to vacate so they could turn the table although the restaurant was still quite empty. Disappointing experience. We had dessert at Harrah's.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food & ServiceRedBlendzDined on 11/1/2014I couldn't say enough good things about the food here. My husband had the 10oz Filet and he swears it's is to die for, it comes perfectly seared and cooked to perfection. I had the halibut and it too was perfectly cooked on a bed of coconut jasmine rice with green beans and a curry sauce. The fish dish was a recommendation from our waitress Maya who herself was knowledgeable, pleasant and accommodating. She also recommended the Carrot Cake that is made to order with a coconut ginger ice cream!!!! It to was amazing.Special Features:
- Anniversary 29OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service were excellent. Black and Blue always exceeds expectations every time we dine there and we look forward to our next meal there. Their filets are unsurpassed and the Australian lobster never disappoints! The dining for dollars at the end of the meal always adds a little more to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealCasinoloverDined on 10/18/2014I must say never had a bad meal here and this continued with this visit. Our server Maya was cordial and helpful as always. Once again had the Surf & Turf and was blessed to win again at "Dining for Dollars" with a discounted meal! But would have gladly paid the full price for the meal as it's outstanding and a great value for all the food that is served with it. We appreciated the Manager and Director of Food and Beverage stopping by our table to check on our meal. The staff makes us feel like high rollers every time we dine here! We'll be back for my Birthday next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPlace2goDined on 10/17/2014Could not have picked a better place to celebrate a special occasion. Everything was perfect My guests had never been and now they can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black and Blue birthdayblacVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I ordered the turf and surf dinner and shared it, more than enough food for two. Succulent lobster tail, very tender filet, mashed potatoes, string beans, the black and blue sangria and bananas foster soufle for dessert. Outstanding meal, super service from our server Maya. Ask for Maya when you dine at Black and Blue, she will take great care of your party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Was so good everything we ate the soup salad the surf and turf and deserts made to order and very tastySpecial Features:
- Absolutely love black and blue!LKeyDined on 10/4/2014You definitely get what you pay for here!! Very attentive service!! Food is out of this world!! Have been here a number of times and have not been disappointed once!! Ellie was our serve, love this girl!! We request her every time we go! Will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Not bad overallOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had to send one steak back since it was overcooked, however when it came back the 2nd time, it was great. The lobster tower and corn soup were just ok. Service was ok.
- Fabulous Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was excellent. The lobster was the best I have had in a long time. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Service was especially good. We and a new waiter and he did an excellent job keeping our wine glasses filled and being very attentive.Special Features:
- cheerstousDined on 9/12/2014One of the best dinners we have had! Excellent surf and turf. Bread is amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyLadyDined on 9/11/2014We had dined there a few months ago and the food and service was very good so we decided to have our birthday dinner. Couldn't ask for a better steak, which was cooked to my liking. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times for special occasions and have always felt that I made the right decision. The food, service and ambiance have always been exceptional and have left the restaurant already planning for the next special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A visit to black and view.FranksfindsDined on 9/4/2014Elegant dinner for a Thursday night. Just the thing you need to get your weekend kickoff to a perfect start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black & BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Great as usual! Have eaten here several times and the food, service and ambiance is excellent each time. Pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- Exceptional EstablishmentCasinoloverDined on 8/24/2014This is the go to restaurant for special occasions. The service and food here was outstanding as usual. Great ambiance as well, with the soft music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All perfectNancyvDined on 8/14/2014Food and service outstanding. Had filet and lobster which were fixed to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great serviceKoji65Dined on 8/14/2014We have eaten at Black and Blue numerous times and always find their food to be the best. Their staff is outstanding and service always great.Special Features:
- For a great night out ...likegoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is exceptional - the food, the service, the setting. Perfect to enjoy a nice evening of good dining or a nice celebration. The surf and turf was fabulous. The lobster portion was generous and tasted great, you could cut your steak with a butter knife. It included a crab claw, a beautiful shrimp and scallop. The servers were very attentive and took care of all our needs.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I would recommend the Black and Blue as an outstanding place to have a wonderful dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 456 reviews are from the Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino reviews archive.
- Great first time dining experiencevalleyviewPLUSDined on 7/27/2014We recently had our 49th anniversary and never had the chance to celebrate and this dining experience gave us the chance to do so. It also introduced us to new culinary & beverage items that were extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was our first time here and it blew us away. The whole experience was first class from beginning to end. From the appitizer through the coffee and desert, it was completely exquisit. Our food was beyond discription. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Awesome Service...MarcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Another great dinner at Black and Blue Steakhouse, It was very sad to hear it was Caroline's last night, lucky for us we got to say Mahalo for many great dinners with exceptional services.Special Features:
- Outstanding Taste !Guapo1Dined on 7/10/2014Wow, from the hostess welcoming us, to the assistants providing hot towels and the Manager( Kriss ) checking on us, our waitress took over and the chefs provided us with an array of mouthwatering appetizers and choices ! First came the complimentary tapas, followed by warm bread, drinks and of course the special 52 Oz. Ribeye which was to die for ! the side dishes complimented the meal. The french pressed coffee and dessert finalized another wonderful. Throughout the evening the soft but energizing music added to the meals progress and before long it was time to leave another dinning adventure at Black and Blue ! We shall return with our friends !!Special Features:
- Black & BlueangeloDined on 6/27/2014Great steak and excellent Martinis, Caroline is a wonderful serverSpecial Features:
- A+++ Amazing!!mermaidDined on 6/21/2014Very good food, if you like fresh seafood and steaks, this place is second to none. Everything is well thought out and delicious! Amazing creativity, it is a pure delight to dine there with very high quality of food and service, we love this place, we are never disappointed with the food or service, a must go place for all food lovers!!Special Features:
- Excellent foodSnEjenDined on 6/15/2014Another wonderful dining experience at the B&B. We had an excellent meal – for once we did not order too, much food – and the service was good. The head captain came to our table and performed a card game which was fun, but unrewarding. Yes, that will be our complaint for the evening. But, who likes to lose? We enjoy gaming, but the Black and Blue Steakhouse always draws us back to the Valley View Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 460234Dined on 6/7/2014i was not happy with the service and the quality of the food. We have dined here about 20 times over the last 12 months and this was the worst food offering we have ever had. Looks as if a change in management has hurt the overall running of this restaurant. When i spend $250 for a party of four I would like decent attentive service, and the food to be superb. Sorry this was not the case this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special date nightLeoRabbit75Dined on 6/6/2014We had an early reservation for dinner. Dimmed lighting, classy but modern decor. Upscale but not stuffy. Waiter Lubo was friendly and great sense of humor. His explanations of revolving items on menu was helpful. Checked in with chef when he found out I had tree nut allergies. Dinner was served promptly, hot, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeyummyDined on 5/30/2014Had anniversary dinner, exceptional service. The staff knew us by name the entire time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWGeez88Dined on 5/17/2014Chef Knowles knocked it out of the park for my fiance's birthday! The service was just perfect, would definitely recommend to anyone that is considering.Special Features:
- 460234Dined on 5/17/2014Excellent food preparation, restaurant not busy at all, considering Saturday night. Spent a lovely 3 hour dinner, drinks before and coffee and desert at the end. No pressure to hurry, sit and relax and talked the night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperiencesocaldinerDined on 5/15/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. The Halibet was amazing and the roasted asparagus was to die for. My cousin had the Filet and said it was the best she had ever eaten. The Server was well versed in the dishes and the wines. We were taken very good care of. Service was well-timed and friendly. The Peach Sorbet was a perfect way to end the meal. I have already recommended this restaurant fto friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningNoBeefDined on 5/11/2014This is really fine dining and great service. Our third time there and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmargieDined on 5/11/2014The dining room was so romantic and the food very good the service was excellent and music was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so muchIncredibleEaterDined on 5/10/2014Positive: GREAT service! Downsides: Expected much more from this "upscale" restaurant. Food was expensive, but nothing special. Atmosphere is lacking. It is like someone decided "Hey, we have to have a fancy restaurant" in the casino, and so they threw one in. Not warm, not engaging...just there. Food choices are somewhat limited, although the shrimp cocktail we had was really good. We also did not appreciate that they include an 18% tip on the bill. You have to ask the waitress who served you to change it...which most people won't do. In our case, service was so good I would have tipped 20%, but not after they 'mandated' a tip. We won't be back.
- TrinidadVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food is great the service is wonderful and all the people there are friendlySpecial Features:
- Always greatToryCDined on 4/13/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit to the steakhouse, and have been more than impressed each time. Stacks up with all other steakhouses in the Ruths Chris, Morton's, Donovan's and Capital Grille arena, short of their wine list. Great food well presented with solid service. Cant wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemfoodloversDined on 4/5/2014We have been to Black and Blue, a few time's, and have never been disappointed! Our last time there, April 5th, we had another wonderful experience. Our waitress, Maya, was very helpful and answered any question's we had. Our entrees were delicious and cooked just right. My husband loved his bison and my chilean seabass, was delicious! I wish we had had room for dessert, but we did leave with leftovers to enjoy, the next day. We'll be back next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.