Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
16300 Nyemii Pass Rd
Valley Center, CA 92082Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.valleyviewcasino.com/Dining/blackblue.aspx
- Phone: 7602912130
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Knowles
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room that can accommodate up to 20 people. A/V(50" Plasma display) available for presentations or entertainment
- Private Party Contact: Monique Hawkins (760) 291-2131
A word from Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
Black&Blue is a contemporary American Steakhouse with Las Vegas flair and a hometown atmosphere, and was recently named San Diego’s “Best Steakhouse” in Channel 10’s 2008 A-List Awards! At Black&Blue we offer the choicest meats, freshest seafood and most dazzling desserts to delight the mind and body. The room has been designed with deep wood, cool granite and sexy style to transport the guest into a world of indulgence and taste. Unwind with conversation and creative cocktails in our Black&Blue Lounge. Then move into our main room where Chef Michael Knowles will impress you with his inventive dishes and innovative takes on classic favorites. At Black&Blue, you will receive the ultimate in guest service in an atmosphere that’s friendly and fun. To fully enjoy the Black&Blue dining experience, please be prepared to spend an hour and a quarter with us. Visit us at Black&Blue for a dining experience you’ll never forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino - Best Restaurants in Valley Center ›
Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)fit for foodies (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- cheerstousDined on 9/12/2014One of the best dinners we have had! Excellent surf and turf. Bread is amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyLadyDined on 9/11/2014We had dined there a few months ago and the food and service was very good so we decided to have our birthday dinner. Couldn't ask for a better steak, which was cooked to my liking. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times for special occasions and have always felt that I made the right decision. The food, service and ambiance have always been exceptional and have left the restaurant already planning for the next special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A visit to black and view.FranksfindsDined on 9/4/2014Elegant dinner for a Thursday night. Just the thing you need to get your weekend kickoff to a perfect start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black & BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Great as usual! Have eaten here several times and the food, service and ambiance is excellent each time. Pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- Exceptional EstablishmentCasinoloverDined on 8/24/2014This is the go to restaurant for special occasions. The service and food here was outstanding as usual. Great ambiance as well, with the soft music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All perfectNancyvDined on 8/14/2014Food and service outstanding. Had filet and lobster which were fixed to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great serviceKoji65Dined on 8/14/2014We have eaten at Black and Blue numerous times and always find their food to be the best. Their staff is outstanding and service always great.Special Features:
- For a great night out ...likegoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is exceptional - the food, the service, the setting. Perfect to enjoy a nice evening of good dining or a nice celebration. The surf and turf was fabulous. The lobster portion was generous and tasted great, you could cut your steak with a butter knife. It included a crab claw, a beautiful shrimp and scallop. The servers were very attentive and took care of all our needs.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I would recommend the Black and Blue as an outstanding place to have a wonderful dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time dining experiencevalleyviewPLUSDined on 7/27/2014We recently had our 49th anniversary and never had the chance to celebrate and this dining experience gave us the chance to do so. It also introduced us to new culinary & beverage items that were extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was our first time here and it blew us away. The whole experience was first class from beginning to end. From the appitizer through the coffee and desert, it was completely exquisit. Our food was beyond discription. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Awesome Service...MarcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Another great dinner at Black and Blue Steakhouse, It was very sad to hear it was Caroline's last night, lucky for us we got to say Mahalo for many great dinners with exceptional services.Special Features:
- Outstanding Taste !Guapo1Dined on 7/10/2014Wow, from the hostess welcoming us, to the assistants providing hot towels and the Manager( Kriss ) checking on us, our waitress took over and the chefs provided us with an array of mouthwatering appetizers and choices ! First came the complimentary tapas, followed by warm bread, drinks and of course the special 52 Oz. Ribeye which was to die for ! the side dishes complimented the meal. The french pressed coffee and dessert finalized another wonderful. Throughout the evening the soft but energizing music added to the meals progress and before long it was time to leave another dinning adventure at Black and Blue ! We shall return with our friends !!Special Features:
- Black & BlueangeloDined on 6/27/2014Great steak and excellent Martinis, Caroline is a wonderful serverSpecial Features:
- A+++ Amazing!!mermaidDined on 6/21/2014Very good food, if you like fresh seafood and steaks, this place is second to none. Everything is well thought out and delicious! Amazing creativity, it is a pure delight to dine there with very high quality of food and service, we love this place, we are never disappointed with the food or service, a must go place for all food lovers!!Special Features:
- Excellent foodSnEjenDined on 6/15/2014Another wonderful dining experience at the B&B. We had an excellent meal – for once we did not order too, much food – and the service was good. The head captain came to our table and performed a card game which was fun, but unrewarding. Yes, that will be our complaint for the evening. But, who likes to lose? We enjoy gaming, but the Black and Blue Steakhouse always draws us back to the Valley View Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 460234Dined on 6/7/2014i was not happy with the service and the quality of the food. We have dined here about 20 times over the last 12 months and this was the worst food offering we have ever had. Looks as if a change in management has hurt the overall running of this restaurant. When i spend $250 for a party of four I would like decent attentive service, and the food to be superb. Sorry this was not the case this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special date nightLeoRabbit75Dined on 6/6/2014We had an early reservation for dinner. Dimmed lighting, classy but modern decor. Upscale but not stuffy. Waiter Lubo was friendly and great sense of humor. His explanations of revolving items on menu was helpful. Checked in with chef when he found out I had tree nut allergies. Dinner was served promptly, hot, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeyummyDined on 5/30/2014Had anniversary dinner, exceptional service. The staff knew us by name the entire time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 446 reviews are from the Black and Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino reviews archive.
- WOWGeez88Dined on 5/17/2014Chef Knowles knocked it out of the park for my fiance's birthday! The service was just perfect, would definitely recommend to anyone that is considering.Special Features:
- 460234Dined on 5/17/2014Excellent food preparation, restaurant not busy at all, considering Saturday night. Spent a lovely 3 hour dinner, drinks before and coffee and desert at the end. No pressure to hurry, sit and relax and talked the night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperiencesocaldinerDined on 5/15/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. The Halibet was amazing and the roasted asparagus was to die for. My cousin had the Filet and said it was the best she had ever eaten. The Server was well versed in the dishes and the wines. We were taken very good care of. Service was well-timed and friendly. The Peach Sorbet was a perfect way to end the meal. I have already recommended this restaurant fto friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningNoBeefDined on 5/11/2014This is really fine dining and great service. Our third time there and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmargieDined on 5/11/2014The dining room was so romantic and the food very good the service was excellent and music was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so muchIncredibleEaterDined on 5/10/2014Positive: GREAT service! Downsides: Expected much more from this "upscale" restaurant. Food was expensive, but nothing special. Atmosphere is lacking. It is like someone decided "Hey, we have to have a fancy restaurant" in the casino, and so they threw one in. Not warm, not engaging...just there. Food choices are somewhat limited, although the shrimp cocktail we had was really good. We also did not appreciate that they include an 18% tip on the bill. You have to ask the waitress who served you to change it...which most people won't do. In our case, service was so good I would have tipped 20%, but not after they 'mandated' a tip. We won't be back.
- TrinidadVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food is great the service is wonderful and all the people there are friendlySpecial Features:
- Always greatToryCDined on 4/13/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit to the steakhouse, and have been more than impressed each time. Stacks up with all other steakhouses in the Ruths Chris, Morton's, Donovan's and Capital Grille arena, short of their wine list. Great food well presented with solid service. Cant wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemfoodloversDined on 4/5/2014We have been to Black and Blue, a few time's, and have never been disappointed! Our last time there, April 5th, we had another wonderful experience. Our waitress, Maya, was very helpful and answered any question's we had. Our entrees were delicious and cooked just right. My husband loved his bison and my chilean seabass, was delicious! I wish we had had room for dessert, but we did leave with leftovers to enjoy, the next day. We'll be back next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVED it!!JMEDDined on 3/29/2014Great Food, Great Service, Classy and Comfortable Enviornment. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black and Blue was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary there. When I made the reservation they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. When we arrived the waiter greeted us by name and said Happy Anniversary. Wow, that was really nice that he took the time to read the reservation card. The service was amazing and the food was fantastic. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating an event or as a really nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionSpikeDined on 3/6/2014It was a birthday so we wanted someplace special. Everything was à la cart but worth it. Bake potato was large enough for two people. Salads, and soup were also large enough to split. The restaurant itself is fairly plain however the food makes up for it. They did have one dinner for $75 that included everything and was well worth it. After dinner before the bill came we had a chance to gamble on that one dinner if we wished. It was a fun experience although our gambling did not pay off. But I would definitely do it again. Service, average to good, ambiance about the same. Dinner was amazing.Special Features:
- Blissful EveningsalcDined on 3/1/2014The night was excellent, great food, wonderful friends and a soothing and comfortable atmosphere. Servers were on top of everything! Truly a wonderful, happy experience.Special Features:
- TrinidadVIPDined on 2/28/2014The food is great the service is wonderful and all the people there are friendly
- DisappointedDJohnDined on 2/16/2014We dine at many steak houses each year; The steaks were below average, they were much better on a previous visit
- Anniversary CelebrationseabDined on 2/16/2014This was our second visit and disappointed in the service. The meal was excellent, we had the rib eye and halibut. Pass on the sweet potatoes. When our meal was served, we were asked if we would like more bread, and the waiter noticed we had not been served any. It immediately arrived at the table. No refills were offered until after we had finished our meal. It was not a busy night, so not sure why they were not more attentive. Don't think we'll be going back to Black and Blue since it's a 2 hour drive for us.Special Features:
- our special occasion spottsparksredDined on 2/15/2014Love your restaurant and we enjoy the sufle every timeSpecial Features:
- Foodie friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Every time I eat at this gem the entire party is amazed at how each and every bite is memorable. It's true testament to a restaurant where you rave about the sides when usually it is the mains that get the attention. One of our party got lamb as her main. The one bite she shared took me back to my time in New Zealand where they really know how to cook lamb, hogget and mutton. This was truly tasty. As each course arrived we remarked on how we wanted the portions to be larger (more, please) but at the end of dinner we laughed as not one item had been completely consumed. We left happy, sated and with food for the next day nibblings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014BAD SERVICE. GREAT FOOD. Reservations on Valentine's Day for 8:00 pm... hostess (who was also seating people for some reason) said 15 minute wait. That became a 25 minute wait in the bar, which wasn't busy but had a 10 minute wait for drinks. Finally seated... 10 minute wait for water, 20 more minute wait for drinks, hour wait for food. Food was actually good. Rarely saw waitress. Steak was medium, not medium rare, but still tasted good. Ordered more drinks that finally came when we were paying the check, which automatically added 17% gratuity - normal for party of 8, not for a party of 2. We might try it again on a non-special occasion day, but for the same price, probably should've just went to Donovan's or Fleming's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DateEscfoodieDined on 2/14/2014We live nearby, and decided to try it after reading all the yelp reviews. I made our Valentines reservation 1 week in advance. The service was wonderful! I ordered the cowboy ribeye and my husband the filet, both delicious and perfectly prepared. We didn't try any appetizers, but ordered the maui onion soup, truffle-parmesan fries, and brussel sprout sides. All delicious. The bread basket selections were amazing. We also ordered the iced tea (w iced tea cubes) that come w the carafes of lemon and sugar syrup. The brownie dessert was wonderful as well. It was a 2 hour dining experience, but we hardly noticed. The food came out at a good pace, despite how busy it was. Def a fave and we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.