Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
65 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackandbluehuntington.com/
- Phone: 6313859255
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Sunday 11:00 - 3:00
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 3:00
DINNER: Monday - Thusday 4:00 - 10:00
Fiday & Saturday 4:00 - 11:00
Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
BAR open Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 30 guests.
Our main Room can Accommodate 70 guest Privately
- Private Party Contact: Rocco 6313859255
- Entertainment: Live Music 4 nights a week!
Please Click on our "Events" Tab on our website for band schedules and times.
- Special Events: "Happy & Appy" Hour Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00
Special Priced Drinks & $5 Bar Menu
Thursday LOBSTER BAKE
Please Check our site for additional Events!
A word from Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
Allow the 150 gallon salt water tank and our Mahogany laced lounge be the perfect setting for this newly renovated seafood chophouse. Black and Blue features all natural ingredients, which makes it the perfect place to satisfy all your fine dining cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (27)romantic (23)good for groups (21)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- good dinnerfood4meDined on 9/13/2014although the seat request went ignored and the hearing disability really kicked in, the service was good and the food was also good.Special Features:
- GmanDined on 9/11/2014A very nice dining experience from beginning until the end. Our big waiter waiter Stephen gave wonderful suggestions and our steaks were perfect. We had wonderful appetizers and one of our party didn't care for there crab cake and he immediately offered a replacement to suit there taste! Nice food for a nice price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBoNYCDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience on a Saturday night. It was busy and alive. Had to wait a little for our table and heard others in the same situation but the wait was worth it. Recommend the salmon and the lobster Mac & cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the top of our list!RanadamaDined on 9/2/2014The food at B&B is outstanding - we try to go there at least once every 2-3 weeks...and their Tuesday night Date Night is a great deal: 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and A BOTTLE OF WINE for $65. And their wines are super...and best of all...they have their own parking lot which in Huntington is PHENOMENAL! It is definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealSteakluvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014our server was very attentive a made great recommendations about the menu items. Thai calamari was great, the shrimp over the risotto was superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Black and Blue is a gem in our town. Lunch is always great and the prix fixe menu is a welcome surprise. It features selections that are on the al a carte menu. We had dinner with friends on a beautiful summer night and ate outside. Hence the noise level was quiet. There was music inside and the bar was vibrant and full. We had a great bottle of red wine and were able to have great conversation since it wasn't noisy. Their coconut cake is homemade and not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigeats1Dined on 8/25/2014Delicious food and great atmosphere. Everyone goes out of their way to make your dining experience the best. Our waiter Roland was great as well. He gave us recommendations that were spot on from the Thai calamari and crab cake appetizers to our sonnets. We had the lobster crusted salmon, striped bass on a wood platter and the skirt steak. Everything was just wonderful. It was our first time there and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-Opening Jitters?ins4meVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were seated at 6p - the dining room was empty. Now.. Open Table asks if we have ever dined here before; the restaurant should also then know this was our first dining experience with them. Why... if the dining room was empty - and you were trying to impress first time guests - would you seat me in the back behind the bussing station? There's a beautiful fish tank in the main dining area - would have liked to see it during the meal. The servers were confused (I could hear them, b/c I was sitting near the bussing station!) - orders came out wrong (meals came to the wrong table) - server was unable to make menu suggestions. The food was good - but there are many restaurants at this price point that can deliver the whole "experience."Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was absolutely superb. You were not rushed. The waiter was extremely responsive to our requests. I would recommend this restaurant for dinner and music after 10pm on Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunnyDined on 8/16/2014We are a returning customer and once again enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodExcellentVIPDined on 8/8/2014Been there many times, but service this time was not as good as previously.Special Features:
- First timer patron14CUSOONDined on 7/26/2014Recently visited black & blue seafood for the first time with my wife on our wedding anniversary. The service and food was good. The waitress was pleasant and friendly. Timely service.Special Features:
- AMAZING!PippyDined on 7/26/2014Always amazing! Thank you for your consistency! Great music and great night!
- Nice place for seafoodMaxCDined on 7/26/2014The place was very nice. We sat outside on the patio for dinner. Just not a good location between the parking lot and the street (and right across the street from Waldbaums big lit up sign..) The food was very good, definitely recommend the Tai Calamari. The waitress was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Started off fine...ZillertalerNYDined on 7/24/2014The experience started off just fine, we were seated promptly and were greeted by our server in a timely fashion. Everything we ordered tasted great, just wish the service was up to the same level. We ordered 3 courses (2 apps, 2 salads, 2 entrees) for the 2 of us. Appetizers and salads were brought simultaneously and crammed onto our table. Didn't get a chance for dessert since our server seemed to lose interest by the time we were finished with our entrees, so we were on our way as soon as we were able to settle our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but nothing specialebreviewsDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had dinner on the patio at Black & Blue on Saturday July 19th. We started with the lobster bisque and the filet and gorgonzola fondue. Both were good. My husband had the NY strip and I had the Sautéed Shrimp and Sea Scallops. He had no complaints about his steak. We ordered the market vegetables (yum) and the traditional mac & cheese (ho-hum) on the side. My scallops were a little bit undercooked. The shrimp were done well but some of the legs were left on the shells. The risotto was more like rice with vegetables and sauce- it didn't have the right consistency to really be risotto. Skipped dessert as we were headed to the movies. Overall good, but nothing was stellar. I'd rather go to XO next door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- momduke4Dined on 7/17/2014overzealous waiter who petered out in the end; food was very good.Special Features:
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had very pleasant dinner on the outdoor patio. Charles was a very informative and pleasant waiter. Food was very good with inventive appetizers and wonderful desert. Overrall, very nice meal.Special Features:
- Don't miss this one!!janieVIPDined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for a true culinary experience locally, this is the place for you. Been here twice with others and we all have the same opinion. Whoever is in control of the kitchen deserves a raise. Food fit for a fine palate. Thai chili calamari a must. Filet mignon, honestly, best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Anniv dinnerWonderfulDined on 7/10/2014We went for our 21st Anniv dinner with another couple who recommended this place. We also had a groupon for 4. We were very satisfied with everything from drinks to dessert. The waiter Charlies was amazing!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsPaul3510Dined on 7/8/2014Returned to one of our favorites after they reopened post kitchen fire! As usual, everything was great! Food, service, hospitality number one!Special Features:
- The following 665 reviews are from the Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse reviews archive.
- FireOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Didn't get to eat meal because the roof went on fire just as I was taking my first bite of steakI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2014Dinner was great steak cooked perfect wished we lived closer so we can visit more often Waitress was the best made some suggestions which we were glad dessert ok only disappointment the cappuccino need to get that down but we went there for steaks and seafood and that's what there best at.Special Features:
- Consistent and enjoyable!AudreyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Started with oysters. They were a bit lackluster this time. Our dinners were flavorful and enjoyable. Our server did a good job. All in all, great evening.
- Great Steak....Great Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Found this restaurant through a groupon and I am hooked. Great food and our waitress, Murphy was outstanding! Had the filet mignon which was perfectly cooked. My sister had the lobster crusted salmon...also perfect. Great place to go before a show at the Paramount.Special Features:
- Deliciousmotothe131Dined on 5/13/2014Calamari was amazing!! Wait staff was great. Had a groupon and the options were phenomenal. The filet was cooked perfect and the shrimp and scallop over corn risotto was divine. Will def return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but only on the weekendGlobaltravelerVIPDined on 5/12/2014First the hostess could not find the reservation that I made on Open Table. I thought it might have been a bad omen but au contraire. Everyting was wonderful! I had the tuna tartare appetizer, which was superb. I forgot what I had for the entree but the food was excellent. I had Bananas Foster for dessert and it was divine. Only go on the weekends because the food isn't good during the week. I called back and they straightenend out my reservation.Special Features:
- Nice findPMAN124Dined on 5/11/2014This was our second visit. The first time was back in October for my wife's birthday. We went on a friends recommendation and we were not dissapointed. Great food coupled with great service. They even had a live band. This time we went for mothers day and we were pleased to find that the food is still delicious and that the service is still top notch. We will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Black & Blue for Mother's Day after my wife heard good things about it from others. We won't be returning. The food was boring. Lack of flavors and not cooked well. I started with the Thai calamari which was soggy and lacked crunch. Things didn't get better with my entree, the skirt steak. It was undercooked and the mashed potatoes it came with had no flavor. No salt, no pepper, nothing. Looking back at my meal, the key lime martini was the best part, hands down. Black & Blue may be popular with the locals, and the place was crowded when we went, but there are so many better places for what they charge.
- Amazing!PippyDined on 5/10/2014By far, my favorite spot! Thai Calamari, Tuna Tartare, Shrimp and Scallops, all made to perfection!! Service was great, as usual! The band rocked it out at the bar….wish I could have stayed longer! An all around amazing experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all aroundTouristyDined on 5/10/2014Service was great, food was great. We used a groupon and got basically everything that we wanted. It was well worth it. Filet was cooked perfectly, thai style calamari was very different and delicious. The fondue was tasty and the drinks were prepared very well. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- HorribleYummoDined on 5/8/2014Haven't had such bad service or food in a very long time!! The was no hostess and we weren't greeted, when finally sat we were given dirty paper menus. Server was disheveled, abrupt and frazzled. We order wine, appetizers, and shared the porterhouse for 2. Appetizers came out before our wine and soup was served in a chipped bowl and took almost 5mins for my husband to get a spoon to eat it. Reminded server about our wine but didn't get it till half way thru entrees. Steak was ok but not worth $84, side of Mac and Cheese was horrible velvetta is better! Only half way decent thing was roasted asparagus. Even if the food was cheap, which it's not, this place wouldn't be worth anybody's time.
- Food was good..service not so muchHuntingtonfoodieDined on 5/4/2014I had made reservations for 7:30 on a Sunday evening. We arrived 5 minuets earlier at 7:25 and were told it would be a few minuets, which was fine because we were early. Then 15 minuets go by, She come over and says " It will be just a few more minuets" Then another 20 minuets later we were taken to a table. I'm sort but waiting almost 40 minuets to be sat when you had reservations is just ridiculous, their were also people leaving in that gap of time, and open tables! We also waited about 10 minuets for a waiter to come over. Our waitress was very nice, but slow. The food was good, but I have little patience for slow service. Disappointed because I'd love to go back but not willing to wait like that even with reservations!Special Features:
- Great food and staffLuvFoodDined on 5/4/2014My husband took the kids and I here twice and the food was absolutely great and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedalikVIPDined on 5/3/2014Thought it would be more up-scale. Food was good for restaurant-week prices, but would not want to pay more.
- Restaurant weekLois113Dined on 5/3/2014This restaurant has redeemed itself with us!!!! We used to frequent this restaurant often, was our favorite "go to" place, then one evening, food, service, ambiance - everything was off. Didn't go back til this past weekend. Food was terrific, service was attentive and the food choices for restaurant week were excellent. Pineapple martini was perfect, watermelon salad delicious as was the encrusted salmon and of course the coconut cake for dessert. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK HOUSE98KMAUSERDined on 5/2/2014A NICE PLACE TO DINE. WENT FOR RESTURANT WEEK STEAK WE HAD WAS VERY GOOD COOKED JUST TO ORDER. SERVICE WAS ALSO VERY GOOD. I WOULD RETURN TO YOUR STEAK HOSE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/2/2014Crowded with tables on top of each other. We were seated at a round table for 6 ppl by the swinging kitchen dinner. Two of our group were repeatedly bumped by the door and waiters. The food was served auction style as in "who gets the steak". Also 4 ppl got their food and the other 2 got theirs 10 min later. Several dishes came with sauce on them even though sauce was requested "on the side".Special Features:
- Mixed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014I wanted to like this restaurant more than we did, but unfortunately, the whole meal was amateurish. Service was shaky. Remember beverage orders and bring them on time. DON'T remove places until everyone at the table is done (it's not a diner), don't bring main courses while the appetizers are still being eaten, remove the bread basket before the desserts are served. Three clams and two oysters looked lonely on a huge metal plate, the Spaetzle "Carbonara" accompanying a pork chop were so drowned in the over-seasoned pan sauce that it was impossible to tell if they actually had a taste of their own.Special Features:
- Best SelectionokemoDined on 5/2/2014This was LI restaurant Week and Black & Blue had the best menu of all the restaurants participating. Also the fact that most could be made Gluten Free for my wife made it even better. The food was excellent .Special Features: