Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
65 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackandbluehuntington.com/
- Phone: (631) 385-9255
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Sunday 11:00 - 3:00
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 3:00
DINNER: Monday - Thusday 4:00 - 10:00
Fiday & Saturday 4:00 - 11:00
Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
BAR open Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 30 guests.
Our main Room can Accommodate 70 guest Privately
- Private Party Contact: Rocco 6313859255
- Entertainment: Live Music 4 nights a week!
Please Click on our "Events" Tab on our website for band schedules and times.
- Special Events: "Happy & Appy" Hour Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00
Special Priced Drinks & $5 Bar Menu
Thursday LOBSTER BAKE
Please Check our site for additional Events!
A word from Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
Allow the 150 gallon salt water tank and our Mahogany laced lounge be the perfect setting for this newly renovated seafood chophouse. Black and Blue features all natural ingredients, which makes it the perfect place to satisfy all your fine dining cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (54)vibrant bar scene (48)romantic (45)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (28)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- LOVELY LUNCHjbjbVIPDined on 11/10/2014The waiter was very pleasant when you saw him, which was too infrequentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PwrcouplePwrcoupleDined on 11/9/2014We dined here for restaurant week. After looking at many different menus theirs seemed to be the most extensive. I had the lobster crusted salmon. It was delicious! It was recommended by the waitress and defibitely worth it! From the food to the service everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IfonedoesnotmindwaitingDined on 11/9/2014The main problem I had was that I made a 6:15 PM reservation, for two (2), which the restaurant called earlier in the day to confirm. When I arrived a little before 6:15 PM I was told that the dining area was full and that I would have to wait. I then went up to the service area at 6:30 and asked about my reservation - we were then seated at a table for four (4). Obviously there were still no tables for two (2) available. It is obvious that the restaurant overbooked and this in spite of that fact that they called me earlier in the day to confirm the reservation. I will add in case people do not mind waiting that the food was in fact very good. Therefore one should tread carefully with this restaurant.
- Good service, bad foodvandjDined on 11/8/2014We went to this restaurant for restaurant week. We booked 9:00 reservations. We were seated around 9:30 which is not a big deal. The service was good. Our waitress was polite and accommodating. My wife and I both got the swirdfish. After our first bite we both knew it was fishy, dry, and had no flavor. We both left a majority of our food, asked for the check, and left immediately. It was too bad that we did not have a good experience. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Black and Blue never disappoints!jms143cabDined on 11/8/2014This is our third time here and it is our favorite place on Long Island for our dinner dates! They're food is delicious, their presentation beautiful, and the ambiance is just perfect! Most places are good some nights and ok others, Black and Blue never disappoints us! A+++Special Features:
- Busy but worth the wait!Mamanova3Dined on 11/7/2014We went during restaurant week and it was extremely busy! The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014I ate with a group of four ppl. The wait was long, the space was cramped but the food was delicious. From starters to dessert everything was fantastic. This is my second time at Black and Blur and I wasn't disappoint. I would recommend going during the week to avoid the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The only reason I gave this place 4 stars instead of 5 was due to the insanely long wait. I had made reservations a week before for 8:30 pm, and we were not seated until 9:20. Other than that, the food, service, and atmosphere was great. Worth the wait!Special Features:
- Will go back!dinesoutalotDined on 11/7/2014The only downside was the wait. With a reservation, we waited 45 min for our table (it was Restaurant Week). They did buy us a round of drinks to make up for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has amazing food.AmazinfoodDined on 11/5/2014The chef creates amazing food. My sister is a chef so I have very high standards. Everything is really great. Atmosphere is really relaxing. Huge fish tank with really gorgeous fish. Service is superb.Special Features:
- blazin80Dined on 11/4/2014Found this restaurant as part of Restaurant Week. As such they were swamped with long wait times even with a reservation. However, the host were extremely pleasant and accommodating. He apologized to us for the wait and comped us a drink. Food was great with the wait staff extremely helpful and informative. We will definitely return in the future as we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...mutt765Dined on 11/4/2014Maybe not a fair rating because it was restaurant week but then again I went to Honu a few blocks over during restaurant week as well and I loved it. In other words: Go to Honu instead.
- love2eatVIPDined on 11/4/2014We eat here often and the food is always consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantckcnyDined on 11/4/2014Good food. Great service. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner!KristenVIPDined on 11/3/2014I came here during restaurant week with my family. Sometimes during restaurant week quality of food and/or service is lacking. That certainly was not the case here. One member of my party was late but we were seated regardless. Our waiter didn't rush us to order or get upset that we were holding up one of his tables. I wish I could remember his name because he really was wonderful to us - probably one of the best waiters I have had ever. We each got a different app and all were delicious (Napoleon, wedge salad, rice balls, thai calamari, mussels). Same for dinner (pork chop, salmon, shrimp and swordfish - the swordfish was a little fishy for my liking but that was my only complaint) and dessert (apple crumb and key lime are my top 2 here).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningBarbKDined on 11/3/2014Yes, the food was really good and well presented but the friendliness of the staff really added to our evening. Our selections were cooked perfectly and we would return.Special Features:
- BigdoggyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Everything went very smoothly, from our arrival to our departure. Its a great place to Dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!!!Bari52Dined on 11/2/2014It was our first time there and we really enjoyed it!! We went for brunch. The food and service was excellent!! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebjebDebjebDined on 10/25/2014This was a great place for cocktails and bar scene, for a great dinner, and the bar scene later for live music. The food was delicious and service was great; however the beef short rib special had run out by 9:00pm! And then the beignets for dessert were also unavailable at dessert time. It was a place we'd return to, for dinner or just cocktails and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch options at Black & BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We had a very nice lunch at Black & Blue. Service was extremely attentive and the food was fresh and tasty. Nice lunch menu with great variety and good prices. I would return for lunch or dinner. Noise was not a factor at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014went for Huntington restaurant week last Saturday celebrating with Parent's anniversary and 2 family birthdays. Food was delicious and full menu not limited to just a few choices. Place was packed. Only thing which it didn't say on the website (dont' remember seeing) was that Saturday's after 7:00 the price increased from $27.95 to $37.95! So with 5 people it added $50 to the bill, a big surprise. oh well, we were already ordering by the time we learned that.Special Features:
- Busy and disorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014It was early on a Saturday night when we went and it was restaurant week in Huntington so that made it even busier. The hostess was very busy trying to arrange seating for all the people already waiting, it seemed like they were either short staffed and didn't have enough waiters for tables, or they just weren't clearing the tables fast enough. I heard several people waiting asking "How much longer is it going to be?". The menu choices were limited, I ordered the NY Strip which was flavorless. It was missing seasoning or something. The highlight of the meal was dessert which was a trio of cookies. The staff were not very attentive, for example we had to ask for our water glasses to be refilled. Overall not my best experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and excellent service. Calamari appetizer tender crisp and tangy. Attentive waiters. Tables a little close together. Great value .Special Features:
- GoodSadieDined on 10/17/2014Our request for a quiet table was granted; however the better room with banquets is in the middle & close to the noisy bar. It was restaurant week, but the oysters were outstanding & so was my lobster crusted salmon & the short ribs. The other couple had pasta which was so so. So was the pie (although the waiter described how it was constructed). I suggest sticking to fish. SadieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighberhood GemRonGDined on 10/15/2014It's rare that all three courses are outstanding, but that was the case with our foursome(oops wrong sport). The chef was sous chef for several years and while not formally trained, he has earned his stripes. We enjoyed every aspect of this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSmp123Dined on 10/14/2014The staff was friendly and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Black and BlueMargeDined on 10/13/2014We went to Black and Blue during restaurant week because we had been impressed by an earlier visit. The waiter was attentive and friendly as were the runners. Everything was as advertised and delicious. I have been to other restaurants during restaurant week that skimped on the restaurant week menu. Black and Blue is not one of them. Our request for a table by the fish tank was honored and that served our 4 year well keeping her entertained throughout the meal. The children's menu is not the usual fries and Mac but is varied and includes several entrees with healthy vegetable sides. We loved our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodLovegoodfoodNdrinksDined on 10/13/2014Went for resturant week with my boyfriend and his father. We had an early reservation on a Monday so it was pretty quiet .The service was great I think her name was Amanda . VERY knowledgable staff about the menu and specials. I loves our booth seating and found it to have a romantic setting and I'd love to do back with just my boyfriend. I highly recommend this place one of the best in Huntington and actually has a parking lot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanSDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Black & Blue several times. I have yet to be disappointed!Special Features:
- GreatPlaceHuntingtonNativeDined on 10/5/2014Came on a Sunday late afternoon for dinner with the wife and had great service and excellent food. The house wines by the glass are also very good. Prices are moderate considering this town is usually quite expensiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE..OUR WAITER, ROCCO WAS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND ACCOMODATINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & seafood in HuntingtonBeachEsqVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a great place to go for steak and seafood in Huntington. Attentive service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014The host was very accommodating and we felt like he wanted to make sure we enjoyed our evening out. It was a very relaxing restaurant and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnerfood4meDined on 9/13/2014although the seat request went ignored and the hearing disability really kicked in, the service was good and the food was also good.Special Features:
- GmanDined on 9/11/2014A very nice dining experience from beginning until the end. Our big waiter waiter Stephen gave wonderful suggestions and our steaks were perfect. We had wonderful appetizers and one of our party didn't care for there crab cake and he immediately offered a replacement to suit there taste! Nice food for a nice price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBoNYCDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience on a Saturday night. It was busy and alive. Had to wait a little for our table and heard others in the same situation but the wait was worth it. Recommend the salmon and the lobster Mac & cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the top of our list!RanadamaDined on 9/2/2014The food at B&B is outstanding - we try to go there at least once every 2-3 weeks...and their Tuesday night Date Night is a great deal: 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and A BOTTLE OF WINE for $65. And their wines are super...and best of all...they have their own parking lot which in Huntington is PHENOMENAL! It is definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealSteakluvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014our server was very attentive a made great recommendations about the menu items. Thai calamari was great, the shrimp over the risotto was superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Black and Blue is a gem in our town. Lunch is always great and the prix fixe menu is a welcome surprise. It features selections that are on the al a carte menu. We had dinner with friends on a beautiful summer night and ate outside. Hence the noise level was quiet. There was music inside and the bar was vibrant and full. We had a great bottle of red wine and were able to have great conversation since it wasn't noisy. Their coconut cake is homemade and not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigeats1Dined on 8/25/2014Delicious food and great atmosphere. Everyone goes out of their way to make your dining experience the best. Our waiter Roland was great as well. He gave us recommendations that were spot on from the Thai calamari and crab cake appetizers to our sonnets. We had the lobster crusted salmon, striped bass on a wood platter and the skirt steak. Everything was just wonderful. It was our first time there and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.