Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
65 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackandbluehuntington.com/
- Phone: 6313859255
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Sunday 11:00 - 3:00
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 3:00
DINNER: Monday - Thusday 4:00 - 10:00
Fiday & Saturday 4:00 - 11:00
Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
BAR open Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 30 guests.
Our main Room can Accommodate 70 guest Privately
- Private Party Contact: Rocco 6313859255
- Entertainment: Live Music 4 nights a week!
Please Click on our "Events" Tab on our website for band schedules and times.
- Special Events: "Happy & Appy" Hour Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00
Special Priced Drinks & $5 Bar Menu
Thursday LOBSTER BAKE
Please Check our site for additional Events!
A word from Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse
Allow the 150 gallon salt water tank and our Mahogany laced lounge be the perfect setting for this newly renovated seafood chophouse. Black and Blue features all natural ingredients, which makes it the perfect place to satisfy all your fine dining cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (43)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (33)great for lunch (23)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- DebjebDebjebDined on 10/25/2014This was a great place for cocktails and bar scene, for a great dinner, and the bar scene later for live music. The food was delicious and service was great; however the beef short rib special had run out by 9:00pm! And then the beignets for dessert were also unavailable at dessert time. It was a place we'd return to, for dinner or just cocktails and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch options at Black & BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We had a very nice lunch at Black & Blue. Service was extremely attentive and the food was fresh and tasty. Nice lunch menu with great variety and good prices. I would return for lunch or dinner. Noise was not a factor at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014went for Huntington restaurant week last Saturday celebrating with Parent's anniversary and 2 family birthdays. Food was delicious and full menu not limited to just a few choices. Place was packed. Only thing which it didn't say on the website (dont' remember seeing) was that Saturday's after 7:00 the price increased from $27.95 to $37.95! So with 5 people it added $50 to the bill, a big surprise. oh well, we were already ordering by the time we learned that.Special Features:
- Busy and disorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014It was early on a Saturday night when we went and it was restaurant week in Huntington so that made it even busier. The hostess was very busy trying to arrange seating for all the people already waiting, it seemed like they were either short staffed and didn't have enough waiters for tables, or they just weren't clearing the tables fast enough. I heard several people waiting asking "How much longer is it going to be?". The menu choices were limited, I ordered the NY Strip which was flavorless. It was missing seasoning or something. The highlight of the meal was dessert which was a trio of cookies. The staff were not very attentive, for example we had to ask for our water glasses to be refilled. Overall not my best experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and excellent service. Calamari appetizer tender crisp and tangy. Attentive waiters. Tables a little close together. Great value .Special Features:
- GoodSadieDined on 10/17/2014Our request for a quiet table was granted; however the better room with banquets is in the middle & close to the noisy bar. It was restaurant week, but the oysters were outstanding & so was my lobster crusted salmon & the short ribs. The other couple had pasta which was so so. So was the pie (although the waiter described how it was constructed). I suggest sticking to fish. SadieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighberhood GemRonGDined on 10/15/2014It's rare that all three courses are outstanding, but that was the case with our foursome(oops wrong sport). The chef was sous chef for several years and while not formally trained, he has earned his stripes. We enjoyed every aspect of this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSmp123Dined on 10/14/2014The staff was friendly and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Black and BlueMargeDined on 10/13/2014We went to Black and Blue during restaurant week because we had been impressed by an earlier visit. The waiter was attentive and friendly as were the runners. Everything was as advertised and delicious. I have been to other restaurants during restaurant week that skimped on the restaurant week menu. Black and Blue is not one of them. Our request for a table by the fish tank was honored and that served our 4 year well keeping her entertained throughout the meal. The children's menu is not the usual fries and Mac but is varied and includes several entrees with healthy vegetable sides. We loved our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodLovegoodfoodNdrinksDined on 10/13/2014Went for resturant week with my boyfriend and his father. We had an early reservation on a Monday so it was pretty quiet .The service was great I think her name was Amanda . VERY knowledgable staff about the menu and specials. I loves our booth seating and found it to have a romantic setting and I'd love to do back with just my boyfriend. I highly recommend this place one of the best in Huntington and actually has a parking lot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanSDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Black & Blue several times. I have yet to be disappointed!Special Features:
- GreatPlaceHuntingtonNativeDined on 10/5/2014Came on a Sunday late afternoon for dinner with the wife and had great service and excellent food. The house wines by the glass are also very good. Prices are moderate considering this town is usually quite expensiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE..OUR WAITER, ROCCO WAS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND ACCOMODATINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & seafood in HuntingtonBeachEsqVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a great place to go for steak and seafood in Huntington. Attentive service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014The host was very accommodating and we felt like he wanted to make sure we enjoyed our evening out. It was a very relaxing restaurant and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnerfood4meDined on 9/13/2014although the seat request went ignored and the hearing disability really kicked in, the service was good and the food was also good.Special Features:
- GmanDined on 9/11/2014A very nice dining experience from beginning until the end. Our big waiter waiter Stephen gave wonderful suggestions and our steaks were perfect. We had wonderful appetizers and one of our party didn't care for there crab cake and he immediately offered a replacement to suit there taste! Nice food for a nice price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBoNYCDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience on a Saturday night. It was busy and alive. Had to wait a little for our table and heard others in the same situation but the wait was worth it. Recommend the salmon and the lobster Mac & cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the top of our list!RanadamaDined on 9/2/2014The food at B&B is outstanding - we try to go there at least once every 2-3 weeks...and their Tuesday night Date Night is a great deal: 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and A BOTTLE OF WINE for $65. And their wines are super...and best of all...they have their own parking lot which in Huntington is PHENOMENAL! It is definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealSteakluvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014our server was very attentive a made great recommendations about the menu items. Thai calamari was great, the shrimp over the risotto was superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Black and Blue is a gem in our town. Lunch is always great and the prix fixe menu is a welcome surprise. It features selections that are on the al a carte menu. We had dinner with friends on a beautiful summer night and ate outside. Hence the noise level was quiet. There was music inside and the bar was vibrant and full. We had a great bottle of red wine and were able to have great conversation since it wasn't noisy. Their coconut cake is homemade and not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigeats1Dined on 8/25/2014Delicious food and great atmosphere. Everyone goes out of their way to make your dining experience the best. Our waiter Roland was great as well. He gave us recommendations that were spot on from the Thai calamari and crab cake appetizers to our sonnets. We had the lobster crusted salmon, striped bass on a wood platter and the skirt steak. Everything was just wonderful. It was our first time there and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-Opening Jitters?ins4meVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were seated at 6p - the dining room was empty. Now.. Open Table asks if we have ever dined here before; the restaurant should also then know this was our first dining experience with them. Why... if the dining room was empty - and you were trying to impress first time guests - would you seat me in the back behind the bussing station? There's a beautiful fish tank in the main dining area - would have liked to see it during the meal. The servers were confused (I could hear them, b/c I was sitting near the bussing station!) - orders came out wrong (meals came to the wrong table) - server was unable to make menu suggestions. The food was good - but there are many restaurants at this price point that can deliver the whole "experience."Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was absolutely superb. You were not rushed. The waiter was extremely responsive to our requests. I would recommend this restaurant for dinner and music after 10pm on Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunnyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are a returning customer and once again enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodExcellentVIPDined on 8/8/2014Been there many times, but service this time was not as good as previously.Special Features:
- First timer patron14CUSOONDined on 7/26/2014Recently visited black & blue seafood for the first time with my wife on our wedding anniversary. The service and food was good. The waitress was pleasant and friendly. Timely service.Special Features:
- AMAZING!PippyDined on 7/26/2014Always amazing! Thank you for your consistency! Great music and great night!
- Nice place for seafoodMaxCDined on 7/26/2014The place was very nice. We sat outside on the patio for dinner. Just not a good location between the parking lot and the street (and right across the street from Waldbaums big lit up sign..) The food was very good, definitely recommend the Tai Calamari. The waitress was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Started off fine...ZillertalerNYDined on 7/24/2014The experience started off just fine, we were seated promptly and were greeted by our server in a timely fashion. Everything we ordered tasted great, just wish the service was up to the same level. We ordered 3 courses (2 apps, 2 salads, 2 entrees) for the 2 of us. Appetizers and salads were brought simultaneously and crammed onto our table. Didn't get a chance for dessert since our server seemed to lose interest by the time we were finished with our entrees, so we were on our way as soon as we were able to settle our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but nothing specialebreviewsDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had dinner on the patio at Black & Blue on Saturday July 19th. We started with the lobster bisque and the filet and gorgonzola fondue. Both were good. My husband had the NY strip and I had the Sautéed Shrimp and Sea Scallops. He had no complaints about his steak. We ordered the market vegetables (yum) and the traditional mac & cheese (ho-hum) on the side. My scallops were a little bit undercooked. The shrimp were done well but some of the legs were left on the shells. The risotto was more like rice with vegetables and sauce- it didn't have the right consistency to really be risotto. Skipped dessert as we were headed to the movies. Overall good, but nothing was stellar. I'd rather go to XO next door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- momduke4Dined on 7/17/2014overzealous waiter who petered out in the end; food was very good.Special Features:
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had very pleasant dinner on the outdoor patio. Charles was a very informative and pleasant waiter. Food was very good with inventive appetizers and wonderful desert. Overrall, very nice meal.Special Features:
- Don't miss this one!!janieVIPDined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for a true culinary experience locally, this is the place for you. Been here twice with others and we all have the same opinion. Whoever is in control of the kitchen deserves a raise. Food fit for a fine palate. Thai chili calamari a must. Filet mignon, honestly, best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Anniv dinnerWonderfulDined on 7/10/2014We went for our 21st Anniv dinner with another couple who recommended this place. We also had a groupon for 4. We were very satisfied with everything from drinks to dessert. The waiter Charlies was amazing!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsPaul3510Dined on 7/8/2014Returned to one of our favorites after they reopened post kitchen fire! As usual, everything was great! Food, service, hospitality number one!Special Features:
- The following 665 reviews are from the Black & Blue Seafood Chophouse reviews archive.
- FireOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Didn't get to eat meal because the roof went on fire just as I was taking my first bite of steakI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2014Dinner was great steak cooked perfect wished we lived closer so we can visit more often Waitress was the best made some suggestions which we were glad dessert ok only disappointment the cappuccino need to get that down but we went there for steaks and seafood and that's what there best at.Special Features:
- Consistent and enjoyable!AudreyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Started with oysters. They were a bit lackluster this time. Our dinners were flavorful and enjoyable. Our server did a good job. All in all, great evening.
- Great Steak....Great Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Found this restaurant through a groupon and I am hooked. Great food and our waitress, Murphy was outstanding! Had the filet mignon which was perfectly cooked. My sister had the lobster crusted salmon...also perfect. Great place to go before a show at the Paramount.Special Features: