Bizou Grill - Santa Monica
2450 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90404Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bizou Grill - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: 3104538500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call (310)453-8500 to inquire about our off site catering options. We can accommodate any size event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room can accommodate 45 people maximum. Parites of 175 people can take over the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Wilfried Leon 3104538500
A word from Bizou Grill - Santa Monica
Come, enjoy the Bizou Grill experience. Located in Santa Monica, at Bizou Grill, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bizou Grill - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bye Bye BizoumrandmrsoVIPDined on 2/15/2014This was Bizou Grill's last night of operation in Santa Monica at the Water Garden. We will miss the fine wait staff and good food at reasonable prices. Too bad that the sister restaurants (in the Valley and Pasadena) are too far for us.
- Farewell Bizou Grill:OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Sorry to see it close.Special Features:
- What happened?funfoodieDined on 1/25/2014This (the Santa Monica location) has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years, the setting of every major celebration, plus a regular destination for just a lovely Saturday night dinner. And though the service was still outstanding, the food portions seemed to, literally, be cut in half. It's not that I demand huge portions, but the dishes were just a few bites per dinner. My husband and my friend's husband got the prix fixe 3-course special with steak and lobster, and there were just a few slices of steak, and the tiniest lobster tail they had ever seen. I got the monkfish, also meager. Am sorry this location is closing, but I hope that the other Bizou restaurants have not chosen to reduce their portion sizes so drastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2014An excellent, freeway friendly spot for a business lunch - although dinner with friends would be fine too.. The food was exellent and the service was super. Tables well spaced for noise control and privacy. Plus the whole Water Garden experience is awesome.Special Features:
- Everything done so right!SherylVIPDined on 1/14/2014Fabulous! Quiet and beautiful where you can visit comfortably - for us the most important!!! Food, service and ambiance superb. Why oh why do so few restaurants provide an atmosphere where friends can visit - as though they didn't think of this - Duh! Go here - a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchPTinBDined on 1/14/2014Great place! My second time there for lunch. My mother and two sisters drove up from Seal Beach to treat me to a birthday lunch. Everything was perfect. Food, service, ambiance, location, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple of regulars..JosephVIPDined on 1/4/2014We've frequented Cafe Bizou for a few years and haven't left dissatisfied. That changed last Saturday night. It took 5+ minutes for someone to greet us and another 10 minutes to be greeted by our server (busy talking to a neighboring table). Our server was friendly but we were annoyed after waiting for the basics (drink orders, uncork the wine, bread, etc.). We were rushed to put in our order and that made us uncomfortable. We settled in and frustration blew over so we could finally enjoy our anniversary dinner together. The white bread was fine but the wheat was stale. The mood of the restaurant was interrupted by the server and busser arguing. Our food was bland and the steak (slices) was a joke. Unfortunately we won't return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!!!SteveDined on 12/14/2013Haven't been to Bizou for a few years and was happily surprised at the wonderful fish menu, in addition to the terrific rack of lamb. The Chilean sea bass was tender and flaky. And, of course, the corkage is always a fun extra ( $2).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet dining at its bestGourmeterVIPDined on 12/13/2013Our food was beautifully presented, freshly prepared and tasty. The dollar specialty soup very good and a real bargain. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLD SCHOOL COMFORT!ALANTDined on 11/23/2013RESTAURANT IS HIDDEN IN THE WATER GARDENS ON COLORADO. EASY ACCESS. AMBIANCE IS A BIT LIKE A HOTEL RESTAURANT OR COUNTRY CLUB. MENU IS VERY REASONABLY PRICED. $2 CORKAGE MAKES IT EVEN BETTER! OLDER CROWD. WE ALL ENJOYED OUR DINNER AND WE WILL GO BACK. FRIENDLY SERVICE. NOT A VIBRANT SCENE, WHICH WAS A NICE CHANGE!Special Features:
- Such a shameAlwayshungryVIPDined on 11/23/2013This should be a neighborhood gem. The food was good, the prices reasonable, but the manager is rude. We put a special request to not have wine glasses on the table as we were celebrating a sober birthday and the request was ignored. In fact the manager said he was too busy to read the Open Table reservation requests. Not sure if we we will go back because of the manager but I would suggest others give it a try got themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad this is in my neighborhood!CatosaurusDined on 11/16/2013I only learned there was a Bizou Grill (aka Café Bizou) nearby when a friend suggested going there. I'd been eating at the Daily Grill across the street for years, and never knew Bizou Grill was there! Like the other members of the Café Bizou family, you can expect French-style food for reasonable prices. Their $27 prix fixe dinner is a bargain, although the entrée choices are very limited, and none are as interesting as the items on their regular menu. Servers are friendly and portions are generous. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Bizou Grill has it all!BetteDined on 10/29/2013Great food at a reasonable price. Excellent service, Elegant feel with white table cloths and napkins. Lovely setting looking out at landscaped grounds and fountains. Quiet so you can carry on a conversation. Wonderful ambiance, with plenty of parking which is validated. Bijou Grill is perfect is so many ways -- for celebrating a special occasion or just for a marvelous meal out. On my recent visit a friend and I enjoyed the fixed price specials which include appetizer and dessert. We had lobster, avocado, mozzarella panini and the plank cedar salmon, lovely salads, and for dessert: flourless chocolate cake and sorbet. The service could not have been better. Everyone is so nice and attentive. Bizou Grill truly is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a last minute choicejimmyDined on 10/26/2013This was a last minute choice on a Saturday evening for 6 people. Got us right in, no problem. It was one of our best dining experience in a long time. The food was top notch, as was the service. We agreed it was the best martini ever tasted by us. In all we had lamb, halibut, filet, shrimp, monk fish, and chicken. All for about $30. a person, including alcohol. Unbelievably great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable quality diningGourmeterVIPDined on 10/10/2013We were all satisfied with our meals. The menu offers variety at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have some French Food.SpankyVIPDined on 10/5/2013It is nice to have a reasonably price French Restaurant on the Westside. It is in the bottom floor of an office building. The food is nice, but not 5 star. The service is good, and the prices are good. Their Lobster Bisque is always great.
- A most pleasant experienceMimiDined on 9/21/2013I have been to Bizou in Pasadena many times, but had never been to the Santa Monica location. I was not disappointed. I took my son and his family (includes two teen age girls) and we had a lovely evening. the ambience was quiet and lovely, the food was delicious (we all ordered something different..... all good), and the service was attentive but not smothering. The girls had the Prix Fix dinners which they loved, and the adults were pleased with steak, salmon, short ribs....a variety! I look forward to going back...and of course the nominal corkage fee and the validated parking are BIG pluses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesbayrayDined on 9/19/2013We meet at Bizou in Santa Monica frequently for dinner with friends and especially enjoy the seafood; however ALL the items on the menue are very tasty. Just wish the room did not have a "fishy" smell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013Two of four dinners had to be sent back or replaced. Waiter neglected to inform about substitutions of items because they had run out. After dining there for years, it seems to have taken a turn downward.
- A local gemNanaJDined on 7/27/2013Delicious food served in a quiet and beautiful setting with easy free parking or valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUIETOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013ONE OF THE FEW RESTAURANTS WITH GOOD FOOD WHERE YOU CAN HAVE A CONVERSATION!Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceCarolDined on 7/16/2013We called ahead to put our orders in due to time contrants. The food was ready when we sat down. One of our party is very fussy and didn't realize that what she ordered was not what she had invisioned. They graciously changed her order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe bizou -judiDined on 7/6/2013My husband and I have been to Cafe Bizou many times. We like it because the food is quite good (love the sand dabs!), the prices are very fair, you can bring your own wine for only a $2 corkage and best of all, you can hear your friends! We are happy to recommend the restaurant. It is only open for dinner a few nights a week, so check. The signage in the parking lot is non-existant - so leave your car with the valet.Special Features:
- bizou grilluskatzDined on 6/29/2013excellent food and service in a comfortable setting at prices that are a bargainI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food suprising but service terriblPANDPVIPDined on 6/22/2013Having eaten at this location before and always being dissapointed, tried it again. Food was better then before, but the staffing level in the dining room on Saturday night was pathetic; one waitress and 2 bus boys. Long waits, no returns for coffee, virtually impossible to get decent service; I will never eat here again!Special Features:
- Lunch at Bizou GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2013I had lunch with some former co-workers. The service was excellent. The restaurant was almost completely full. The food was good but not great. I had the lamb sandwich. There just wasn't that much lamb. Tasty but not that filling.Special Features:
- This restaurant is a littleshopperVIPDined on 6/15/2013This restaurant is a little hard to find. It is inside a large office complex with lots of parking. Once inside it is a quiet atmospheric room. The food is very good. The entrees are diverse and they charge only one or two dollars if you add on a salad or soup. Our selections were delicious and seemed freshly made. Our server was very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're about to close the kitchen!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/20/2013Arrived for lunch yestersay with a 1:45 PM lunch reservation. Found a waiter, received menus with the admonition that the kitchen will close in 5 minutes and...the waiter walked away. No idea if there were specials and no offer from the waiter to help with menu selections. Flagged waiter down, gave him our order and mentioned that if the first words from his mouth were that the kitchen is about to close they should have shut down reservations. Ordered a thoroughly forgettable steak salad and a soggy panini. Food - forgettable. Service - regrettable. Restaurant - never again!
- A Rare GemJB13Dined on 5/18/2013Bizou in Santa Monica is for people who want to dine on just enough (no gross, wasteful servings) good quality food, carefully prepared (unpretentious), and properly served by attentive, but not obtrusive-insecure-reassurance-seeking (no constant "how is tasting?") servers in a relatively quiet, uplifted environment where the propietor and staff treat customers as guests, not as their audience.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2013kind of dreary...bland crowd...food just fair....no energy....the restaurant needs a pick me up and some punch...not great value
- I thank you Bizou cafe. MyKarimaDined on 5/6/2013I thank you Bizou cafe. My guests and I loved the restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, serene restaurantSherylVIPDined on 4/20/2013Beautiful, serene restaurant that gets everything exactly right - wonderful food and service and, best of all and so rare blissfully quiet so you can visit with companions. A winner that I'll visit many times!Special Features:
- This place was just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2013This place was just okay. Not sure what I was missing from everyone else's review. The wine list is awful for a CA restaurant. I'd expect that in the mid-west. There was nothing wrong with the food...but there was nothing memorable. I was unimpressed.
- The food and service are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013The food and service are great and reasonable. All Café Bizou locations are the best.Special Features:
- first time at this Bizou Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013first time at this Bizou Grill. I eat at the Sherman Oaks one all the time. The food is very good and the prices are so reasonableSpecial Features:
- Waiters were very accomodatingGrinrevereDined on 3/30/2013Waiters were very accomodating to dietary requests and allergies. Food is usually good but although I had asked for no onions and garlic and that was done, I was not told ahead of time that the choice of the sandabs with lemon caper sauce would contain onions or garlic. I assume that's why the sauce was left off but the fish was really drab and I would have preferred salmon or snother dish if I knew I was going to get it plain. It was not the usually tasty meal I've had at the cafe in the past.
- CONTINUES TO BE VERY GOOD,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013CONTINUES TO BE VERY GOOD, DEPENDABLE AND REASONABLE PRICES!Special Features:
- The French waitress couldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013The French waitress could have been more attentive. I had to ask three times for a coffee refill though not form her but from two different busboys.Special Features:
- The man at the desk was grumpyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2013The man at the desk was grumpy when I arrived, the service was so slow, the food was good...
- Great place!JosephVIPDined on 3/2/2013This was our second trip here, service was excellent, food was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features: