601 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bizoutampa.com/
- Phone: 8132219555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Tom Maloney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bizou Brasserie
Bizou Brasserie is located inside the Le Meridien Hotel in Downtown Tampa. Bizou Brasserie serves signature French comfort food, and Longitude Bar encourages mingling. Bizou offers the winning combination of superior cuisine, premium hand crafted cocktails, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bizou Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Bizou Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (46)special occasion (41)hot spot (41)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (17)romantic (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ChefTerry58Dined on 9/21/2014First of all one must know it is what it is. It is a hotel restauntant where you can see a family walking in with kids and a stroller. Not to worry since you won't hear them crying anyway, the place is noisey. So noisey that a conversation with your guests might seem unlikey, so, take someone you don't feel like talking to and life is good. The menu is limited, (not necessarily a bad thing), and you see fois gras along with hamburgers. Accept these facts and you enjoy food that is carefully prepared and quite tasty considering the prices. Grab some pastries from the counter on the way out the door and endulge on some very delicious treats. If you know what to expect before going, this place is a welcomed addition to downtown Tampa. Chef TSpecial Features:
- chow8houndDined on 9/20/2014The food was superb but took one hour to arrive at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a few things lacking...not5starDined on 9/20/2014I thought the food was really good but I didn't quite get the idea of having a plate with your table setting and not serving rolls, or any kind of bread for an upscale restaurant. Also, no salt and pepper or any condiments of any kind was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014fun place but very noisy......food was good,can't say outstanding but it definitley was good. Service by waiter was very good; however, the staff constantly tried to clear our table......starting about 5 min after our food was served?? go for fun and drinks, great atmosphere but not necessarily for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food is good, service can be betterTBBestDishesVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food at Bizou has been consistently good, if not a little on the pricier side for Tampa. The half flatbread/half salad is a good deal. The Nicoise salad is excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner with 5 friends!mbjbDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner - the food was delicious; but the service was amazing! We had one picky diner with us, and they catered to him at his every request and made him a special meal. The chef even came out to meet our table and ensure that we were all happy. The wait staff were more than attentive. Loved the charcuterie, and my beet salad :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood MasterbestcatchDined on 9/12/2014Overall, quite nice. Royal red shrimp was actually rock shrimp, not royal reds, which are a deep-water shrimp and very rare catch. I am from a shrimp producing local family and know them quite well. Thus somewhat disappointing but rock shrimp were cooked perfect and served chilled. Very nice. All of our dinners and apps were well prepared, plated nicely and were shared and enjoyed by all. Service was also above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic and HeartyPinkRunVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good for dates! I loved the chic atmosphere, house ceviche and lighter fish entree, my boyfriend loved the duck (and we both loved the foie gras fries!)Special Features:
- A local owned restaurant groupTodd1961VIPDined on 9/6/2014It's a "hotel" restaurant that isn't. The restaurant group that operates in this space does fabulous food and hand crafted cocktails at all of their locations. So if you like Boca and Ciro's then you are bound to like Bizou. Different menu without questions, but same solid results. Our service was impeccable (thank you Ian) as we were always taken care of and we never felt rushed on our Saturday evening out. I will be going back again, most likely to try out their bunch menu and those awesome pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting new venueFoodieDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time to have dinner at this restaurant. The atmosphere and service were very good; the food was good, but not outstanding. I'd recommend this place for convenience to downtown Tampa and its unique setting. If you are looking for a cool place to meet before or after a show, I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Hip, in, vibrantShaunTVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice discovery, I hope they do well. A little on the high side but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chow8houndDined on 8/29/2014The food was perfect. The dining room is almost too noisy to chat with fellow dinners.Special Features:
- It has potentialworldtravellerDined on 8/24/2014Our server was helpful explaining the specials, and our food arrived promptly. I ordered the escargot. No indication that it would be anything but traditional garlic-butter sauce. The portion of snails was generous, cooked in a brown sauce served on a crispy "roll" like thin croissant dough. Interesting, but bland. Ordered the evening special, duck cakes with polenta. The duck was shredded, moist, peppery, well-seasoned, but the polenta triangles were tough and dry. The French bread was perfect. A "raspberry tart" was really a deliciously rich chocolate tart with raspberry garnish, inedible tough pastry. A restaurant with potential, I'll try again, but the food needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FormerVirginianVIPDined on 8/23/2014While the ambiance is so-so (ceilings too high and lighting too bright) the food and wait staff were excellent!!! And DON'T miss out on dessert! We had four different desserts and all were plenty big and DELISH! Could easily split one between two/three people.Special Features:
- A gem in the heart of downtownEatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is an unusual Tampa dining spot. Modern, chic and just different!! The food is exceptional and I highly recommend their fish. Even their burger was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDanGatorVIPDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoyed our first visit. The evening seafood special was fantastic and the service was very good. Definitely a new place to try. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CharmerFoodiegalDined on 8/16/2014Appetizers/specialty drinks/food all fresh takes. Vibrant, hip atmosphere and great architecture. Upbeat, celebratory feel inside. Can't wait to go back and dine outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Food OkayMelissa27Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is in a building that used to be a courthouse. It has some great architectural details. We went on a Saturday evening and it was fairly busy, but not too crowded. Service was quick and friendly. I had the duck and my husband had the chicken. Both were plated beautifully, but were a bit salty. We had coffee and pastries afterwards. The coffee was wonderful (Illy), but the pastries were not very good. They look beautiful, but are not very tasty. They are heavily glazed. There really is not any other place like this in downtown Tampa so this is a wonderful addition. The food just does not need to be so heavily seasoned.Special Features:
- Too expensive for portionsHappynottocookVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice decor and good food, but too expensive for portion size. To loud in there to have a conversation. A $25 corkage fee, is also high. With so many great restaurants in Tampa and St. Pete, we would not recommend Bizou until they made improvements and pricing or portion adjustments. Service was also very slow.
- Historical Happening RestaurantYumSunshine18Dined on 8/11/2014This historical building makes a nice backdrop for a delicious meal! Very nice bar area, salad wall and bakery for take home items. Really enjoyed our meals, our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecialDined on 8/10/2014somewhat noisy. A few new restaurant bugs. food was delicious and ambience was very comfortable. Service was outstanding. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014French food that is well thought of and presented in a nice French bistro ambience. Be prepared for a noisy dining experience. Service is spotty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good, but service needs improvement. Two hours for food to come out.Our waitress was wonderful and made our dining experience a good one despite the wait. Will try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShoutdrjimVIPDined on 8/7/2014Bizou is modern in a classic setting. But extremely load. Bring a bullhorn or else just text each other. Food is good, service good and the bar vibrant. Cocktails are interesting. A sexy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect....except noise levelFoodisfunDined on 8/5/2014The management says they are actively working on noise kinks, which are significant with all of the marble and wood. They can address this with good sound engineering. The rest, well.... Superb! Every aspect of the meal was wonderful...The escargot was yummy, the salmon awesome and the filet just right. I love this place, and will put it on my lust of top Tampa spots. Accolades for great service, also!Special Features:
- First time dinerAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were first time diner's. The hostess seated us right away and a nice and comfortable booth. The menu is small but offers a lot of choices. I started with the escargot and was very surprised by the presentation and quantity - very good! The Duck was cooked well and tasted good. The French dip sandwich is a good portion but was slightly overcooked. The Halibut was very good. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The staff made sure we didn't wait a long time before clearing our food. We had a very nice dinner and would go back.Special Features:
- Welcome!RPDinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014A welcome addition to Tampa. In the Le Meridien Hotel, the restored Federal courthouse, excellent brasserie fare, great pastry selection, good service, prompt and needed valet parking. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistenly good food!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/28/2014This was our third time having lunch at Bizou Brasserie. The food was just as good as our first visit when they opened in June. The Margherita flatbread is excellent but the 1/2 size offered as a lunch special with salad or soup is more of an appetizer portion - so go for the full size. While the prices are a little higher than other downtown eateries, the quality of the food is definitely worth it. $17 for a Salad Nicoise may seem steep - but it comes with a very generous portion of perfectly seasoned, seared ahi; a really outstanding Dijon sauce, and tasty vinaigrette dressing for the salad - well worth the price. Don't skip the café! The French macaroons are incredible - light yet flavorful - the perfect bite after any meal.
- zylontDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was pretty good. Dinner for 2 was just over $100. The thing we didn't like too much was the sound level. It's a big, beautiful open room that's very loud. They need some sound absorbing material in the tall ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenDined on 7/23/2014Great job in restoring the old courthouse. Food and service were good. Noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed310LakesideVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pricey and not anything special. Not child friendly.
- Great for business lunchesdebbiemVIPDined on 7/18/2014Location is perfect for business lunches, food and service were both excellent. We had the flatbread which was cooked to perfection (crispy on the bottom) and the dressings on the salads are nice and light. The French dip sandwich is also an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the right notesUntouristDined on 7/16/2014The bar is a lively entry point to the restaurant and is well worth a stop for a creative cocktail before dinner or nightcap following your meal. Still in its opening phase, the bar currently offers no drink specials or specialty drinks during early evening aka Happy Hour. Both the bar and the restaurant share a common characteristic - noticeable noise levels. That can be fine at times or not so ideal. The restaurant is pleasantly, not pretentiously, sophisticated and seems to be off to a great start judging on the crowd during an early Wednesday evening. Spotted among the guests that night was a former mayor of Tampa. The menu is limited but the steak fritas and backed chicken ordered at my table were both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014I would expect some glitches given that they have only been open a short time. However, the service was very poor even giving them the benefit of a new operation. Not only was it slow, the staff was non-attentive. Wine list is limited and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening JittersdrjimVIPDined on 7/12/2014Bijou is a really "cool" place. Stylish and hip. But they were out of the wine we wanted, both fish entrees on the menu and even martini glasses. Hopefully they will get their act together. I think they will based on the team working there. The menu is perhaps too limited and the wine list needs expansion. Perhaps this will happen---???Special Features:
- Outstanding!ShaywayDined on 7/12/2014I highly recommend the lamb, oysters, 5 cheese plate, French dip, and old fashion cocktail!!! It is fabulous for a double date or girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bizou Brasserie harkens New OrleansTBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/8/2014Bizou Brasserie restaurants harkens to the feel of New Orleans with its décor, hardwood floors, and understated elegance! We enjoyed the half flat bread that comes with a house salad, and the nicoise salad! Our favorite flat breads are the margarita and the smoked salmon! It is a great place for lunch whether it is for a date or part of a business lunch!Special Features:
- Great food and place, poor wine.TOTQHLPDined on 7/6/2014Beautiful restoration, chic decor; eager service, really excellent food (true on all three visits so far)...all of which made the anemic, poorly chosen wine list seriously startling. Described as "a silly list" by fellow diners, it has odd gaps, and choices ranging from lack lustre to unpleasant...none inexpensive. Certainly the servers didn't know the difference (when asked about a pinot grigio, the waitress asked "red or white"?). We gave up and ordered cocktails and water. This great new bistro deserves better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A One Star Wanting to be a 4 StarKVKNOLESVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were excited to have another excellent restaurant in Tampa. But we were terribly disappointed. 1 - A French restaurant that does not have Chamborg or Perrier?? 2 - Martini glass was broken in our dinner plates...and we had to ask for another drink and dinner to replace?? 3 - We had to ask for our stacked up empty plates and glasses to be removed. Table was not wiped. 4 - Barbacks were drinking Monster drinks from the cans in front of us while we needed service. 5 - The server never informed management that a glass was broken in our meal. We spoke with the manager. Very nice, understanding and professional. . Everyone had a great attitude but were not prepared for 4 star service yet. We hope to try one more time, but we'll wait.
- Different type of Tampa RestaurantEatsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food!!! Had the lamb chops and halibut... Both spectacular. Shrimp and scallop appetizer. .. A real winner. Wonderful dining experience. Will absolutely go back many more times.Special Features: