601 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bizoutampa.com/
- Phone: (813) 221-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Tom Maloney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bizou Brasserie
Bizou Brasserie is located inside the Le Meridien Hotel in Downtown Tampa. Bizou Brasserie serves signature French comfort food, and Longitude Bar encourages mingling. Bizou offers the winning combination of superior cuisine, premium hand crafted cocktails, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bizou Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Bizou Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (33)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (31)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)romantic (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014With a dining room at about 1/3 capacity, the hostess first wanted to seat us between 2 tables along a wall. We asked if we could be seated where we had a bit more privacy (rather than sandwiched between 2 tables in a half booth arrangement). She re-seated us it a table near the kitchen although there were numerous booths available on the other side of the dining room. Yes, we had a reservation. The bar service wAs slow. The wine list was not up to date - some wines on the list were no longer available, and there was not list of current availability. The Rose was listed under White Wines..... Maybe it is? The food was very good! I had the FIOS Gras (a bit too much fig preserves was on it) and Halibut. My husband had a the Steak Tartare and a filet and commented it wS perfectly prepared medium rare. We enjoyed it and will likely return.Special Features:
- ImprovingRPDinerVIPDined on 11/12/2014All four in our party found the food first rate, but several miscues from waiter: did not mention that the duck confit with lentils came without lentils (although a manager then offered a replacement); answered that a pastry contained chocolate mousse when it contained a solid block of chocolate which was difficult to cut. Addition of carpet has greatly helped reduce noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to Ramp it up a NotchjakeVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time to the restaurant and bar. I have been there many times as an attorney when it was the federal courthouse. It is pleasant and charming and has lots of character. Bar is hopping and noisy, and close to the restaurant. After a drink at the bar, the hostess tried to seat us at a roundtable for 8. We were a couple (2). Of course I made her move us to something more appropriate. Don't know what she must have been thinking, but I saw it happen again with another couple. Waiter was very good,well trained. Menu is simple, you could have a hamburger or a nice dish. Wine list is very limited, maybe 8 or 9 whites and the same for the reds. I ordered a Malbec, then a Cabernet both out of stock. It took a 3rd try to succeed.Special Features:
- LeMeridan,TampaBilMacDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful location, fantastic staff, great kitchen, they need to improve their wine list, Thanks from New YorkSpecial Features:
- French with a FlairTVDadDined on 10/18/2014Good food and generous portions, although the menu is a bit limited. The bartenders are attentive, funny and make a mean cocktail. Check out the Bizou for their signature cocktails. They are amazing. Save room for dessert. Their in house pastry chef deserves an award.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out.GingeraleDined on 10/18/2014Great cocktails - check Great food - check Great service - check Dined there on a Saturday evening date night. It was fabulous; though I was initially disappointed with the location of my table - right by the kitchen - but it turned out not to be too bad. I really love the decor; the renovation came out beautiful. Our server was delightful and attentive. He was very knowledgeable about the food and the cocktails. I had the steak frites and asparagus - delicious. We also ordered a burger with caramelized onions and brie - also delicious. You must remember to save a little room for a salted caramel éclair!Special Features:
- Another great mealMTYeatsDined on 10/17/2014Great service and great food...a real treat after a long work week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step up the service!!TampaFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have dined for dinner at this spot several times. Food and drinks are excellent. Spectacular décor and nice scene. Service is still not up to the standard of the food. Our waiter had a sloppy appearance and not attentive. He brought bread to our table that was warm and crusty on the outside, but still ice cold inside. After pulling it apart and tasting it, we pointed it out to him. He took the bread away, and then returned with the same torn apart loaf now warm on the same piece of wood with our smeared butter!! That's fine for a casual dining spot, but this restaurant could do a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and Nothing SpecialDownTown105Dined on 10/10/2014The food was good (but not great) and it was overpriced. There are better new restaurants to try in town. the two of us spent $170 + (including tip) and could have went to places where the chef cooks superb food for that price. Service was good and so was the ambiance. Food was not bad. It just wasn't on par with the price. Wine list was almost non-existent. This restaurant is trying to be something it is not with the price. We do not mind spending this type of money for a special night out but we expect more. Would rather spend this type of money at Capital Grill, Charlies or Berns. Ulele is much better and $50 less expensive with better wine and food.
- Amazing addition to TampaTheMikeHammondsDined on 10/8/2014I read previous reviews stating it was "too loud" or poor service, but all and all, its AMAZING! The ambience is like that of a NYC restaurant. Yes, there is "noise" but its an open floor plan with a bar, IN a hotel. I hope it would be noisy! I hate being in a restaurant and hearing myself breathe. There are some minor things to work out, but as a new restaurant, they will get there. I would highly recommend going! The business will help them fine tune the minor adjustments that only time will correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefTerry58Dined on 9/21/2014First of all one must know it is what it is. It is a hotel restauntant where you can see a family walking in with kids and a stroller. Not to worry since you won't hear them crying anyway, the place is noisey. So noisey that a conversation with your guests might seem unlikey, so, take someone you don't feel like talking to and life is good. The menu is limited, (not necessarily a bad thing), and you see fois gras along with hamburgers. Accept these facts and you enjoy food that is carefully prepared and quite tasty considering the prices. Grab some pastries from the counter on the way out the door and endulge on some very delicious treats. If you know what to expect before going, this place is a welcomed addition to downtown Tampa. Chef TSpecial Features:
- chow8houndDined on 9/20/2014The food was superb but took one hour to arrive at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a few things lacking...not5starDined on 9/20/2014I thought the food was really good but I didn't quite get the idea of having a plate with your table setting and not serving rolls, or any kind of bread for an upscale restaurant. Also, no salt and pepper or any condiments of any kind was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014fun place but very noisy......food was good,can't say outstanding but it definitley was good. Service by waiter was very good; however, the staff constantly tried to clear our table......starting about 5 min after our food was served?? go for fun and drinks, great atmosphere but not necessarily for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food is good, service can be betterTBBestDishesVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food at Bizou has been consistently good, if not a little on the pricier side for Tampa. The half flatbread/half salad is a good deal. The Nicoise salad is excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner with 5 friends!mbjbDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner - the food was delicious; but the service was amazing! We had one picky diner with us, and they catered to him at his every request and made him a special meal. The chef even came out to meet our table and ensure that we were all happy. The wait staff were more than attentive. Loved the charcuterie, and my beet salad :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood MasterbestcatchDined on 9/12/2014Overall, quite nice. Royal red shrimp was actually rock shrimp, not royal reds, which are a deep-water shrimp and very rare catch. I am from a shrimp producing local family and know them quite well. Thus somewhat disappointing but rock shrimp were cooked perfect and served chilled. Very nice. All of our dinners and apps were well prepared, plated nicely and were shared and enjoyed by all. Service was also above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic and HeartyPinkRunVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good for dates! I loved the chic atmosphere, house ceviche and lighter fish entree, my boyfriend loved the duck (and we both loved the foie gras fries!)Special Features:
- A local owned restaurant groupTodd1961VIPDined on 9/6/2014It's a "hotel" restaurant that isn't. The restaurant group that operates in this space does fabulous food and hand crafted cocktails at all of their locations. So if you like Boca and Ciro's then you are bound to like Bizou. Different menu without questions, but same solid results. Our service was impeccable (thank you Ian) as we were always taken care of and we never felt rushed on our Saturday evening out. I will be going back again, most likely to try out their bunch menu and those awesome pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting new venueFoodieDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time to have dinner at this restaurant. The atmosphere and service were very good; the food was good, but not outstanding. I'd recommend this place for convenience to downtown Tampa and its unique setting. If you are looking for a cool place to meet before or after a show, I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Hip, in, vibrantShaunTVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice discovery, I hope they do well. A little on the high side but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chow8houndDined on 8/29/2014The food was perfect. The dining room is almost too noisy to chat with fellow dinners.Special Features:
- It has potentialworldtravellerDined on 8/24/2014Our server was helpful explaining the specials, and our food arrived promptly. I ordered the escargot. No indication that it would be anything but traditional garlic-butter sauce. The portion of snails was generous, cooked in a brown sauce served on a crispy "roll" like thin croissant dough. Interesting, but bland. Ordered the evening special, duck cakes with polenta. The duck was shredded, moist, peppery, well-seasoned, but the polenta triangles were tough and dry. The French bread was perfect. A "raspberry tart" was really a deliciously rich chocolate tart with raspberry garnish, inedible tough pastry. A restaurant with potential, I'll try again, but the food needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FormerVirginianVIPDined on 8/23/2014While the ambiance is so-so (ceilings too high and lighting too bright) the food and wait staff were excellent!!! And DON'T miss out on dessert! We had four different desserts and all were plenty big and DELISH! Could easily split one between two/three people.Special Features:
- A gem in the heart of downtownEatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is an unusual Tampa dining spot. Modern, chic and just different!! The food is exceptional and I highly recommend their fish. Even their burger was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDanGatorVIPDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoyed our first visit. The evening seafood special was fantastic and the service was very good. Definitely a new place to try. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CharmerFoodiegalDined on 8/16/2014Appetizers/specialty drinks/food all fresh takes. Vibrant, hip atmosphere and great architecture. Upbeat, celebratory feel inside. Can't wait to go back and dine outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Food OkayMelissa27Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is in a building that used to be a courthouse. It has some great architectural details. We went on a Saturday evening and it was fairly busy, but not too crowded. Service was quick and friendly. I had the duck and my husband had the chicken. Both were plated beautifully, but were a bit salty. We had coffee and pastries afterwards. The coffee was wonderful (Illy), but the pastries were not very good. They look beautiful, but are not very tasty. They are heavily glazed. There really is not any other place like this in downtown Tampa so this is a wonderful addition. The food just does not need to be so heavily seasoned.Special Features:
- Too expensive for portionsHappynottocookVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice decor and good food, but too expensive for portion size. To loud in there to have a conversation. A $25 corkage fee, is also high. With so many great restaurants in Tampa and St. Pete, we would not recommend Bizou until they made improvements and pricing or portion adjustments. Service was also very slow.
- Historical Happening RestaurantYumSunshine18Dined on 8/11/2014This historical building makes a nice backdrop for a delicious meal! Very nice bar area, salad wall and bakery for take home items. Really enjoyed our meals, our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecialDined on 8/10/2014somewhat noisy. A few new restaurant bugs. food was delicious and ambience was very comfortable. Service was outstanding. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014French food that is well thought of and presented in a nice French bistro ambience. Be prepared for a noisy dining experience. Service is spotty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good, but service needs improvement. Two hours for food to come out.Our waitress was wonderful and made our dining experience a good one despite the wait. Will try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShoutdrjimVIPDined on 8/7/2014Bizou is modern in a classic setting. But extremely load. Bring a bullhorn or else just text each other. Food is good, service good and the bar vibrant. Cocktails are interesting. A sexy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect....except noise levelFoodisfunDined on 8/5/2014The management says they are actively working on noise kinks, which are significant with all of the marble and wood. They can address this with good sound engineering. The rest, well.... Superb! Every aspect of the meal was wonderful...The escargot was yummy, the salmon awesome and the filet just right. I love this place, and will put it on my lust of top Tampa spots. Accolades for great service, also!Special Features:
- First time dinerAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were first time diner's. The hostess seated us right away and a nice and comfortable booth. The menu is small but offers a lot of choices. I started with the escargot and was very surprised by the presentation and quantity - very good! The Duck was cooked well and tasted good. The French dip sandwich is a good portion but was slightly overcooked. The Halibut was very good. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The staff made sure we didn't wait a long time before clearing our food. We had a very nice dinner and would go back.Special Features:
- Welcome!RPDinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014A welcome addition to Tampa. In the Le Meridien Hotel, the restored Federal courthouse, excellent brasserie fare, great pastry selection, good service, prompt and needed valet parking. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistenly good food!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/28/2014This was our third time having lunch at Bizou Brasserie. The food was just as good as our first visit when they opened in June. The Margherita flatbread is excellent but the 1/2 size offered as a lunch special with salad or soup is more of an appetizer portion - so go for the full size. While the prices are a little higher than other downtown eateries, the quality of the food is definitely worth it. $17 for a Salad Nicoise may seem steep - but it comes with a very generous portion of perfectly seasoned, seared ahi; a really outstanding Dijon sauce, and tasty vinaigrette dressing for the salad - well worth the price. Don't skip the café! The French macaroons are incredible - light yet flavorful - the perfect bite after any meal.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Bizou Brasserie reviews archive.
- zylontDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was pretty good. Dinner for 2 was just over $100. The thing we didn't like too much was the sound level. It's a big, beautiful open room that's very loud. They need some sound absorbing material in the tall ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenDined on 7/23/2014Great job in restoring the old courthouse. Food and service were good. Noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.