601 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bizoutampa.com/
- Phone: 8132219555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Tom Maloney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bizou Brasserie
Bizou Brasserie is located inside the Le Meridien Hotel in Downtown Tampa. Bizou Brasserie serves signature French comfort food, and Longitude Bar encourages mingling. Bizou offers the winning combination of superior cuisine, premium hand crafted cocktails, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bizou Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Bizou Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (22)special occasion (19)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceDanGatorVIPDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoyed our first visit. The evening seafood special was fantastic and the service was very good. Definitely a new place to try. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Food OkayMelissa27Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is in a building that used to be a courthouse. It has some great architectural details. We went on a Saturday evening and it was fairly busy, but not too crowded. Service was quick and friendly. I had the duck and my husband had the chicken. Both were plated beautifully, but were a bit salty. We had coffee and pastries afterwards. The coffee was wonderful (Illy), but the pastries were not very good. They look beautiful, but are not very tasty. They are heavily glazed. There really is not any other place like this in downtown Tampa so this is a wonderful addition. The food just does not need to be so heavily seasoned.Special Features:
- Too expensive for portionsHappynottocookVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice decor and good food, but too expensive for portion size. To loud in there to have a conversation. A $25 corkage fee, is also high. With so many great restaurants in Tampa and St. Pete, we would not recommend Bizou until they made improvements and pricing or portion adjustments. Service was also very slow.
- Historical Happening RestaurantYumSunshine18Dined on 8/11/2014This historical building makes a nice backdrop for a delicious meal! Very nice bar area, salad wall and bakery for take home items. Really enjoyed our meals, our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecialDined on 8/10/2014somewhat noisy. A few new restaurant bugs. food was delicious and ambience was very comfortable. Service was outstanding. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014French food that is well thought of and presented in a nice French bistro ambience. Be prepared for a noisy dining experience. Service is spotty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good, but service needs improvement. Two hours for food to come out.Our waitress was wonderful and made our dining experience a good one despite the wait. Will try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShoutdrjimDined on 8/7/2014Bizou is modern in a classic setting. But extremely load. Bring a bullhorn or else just text each other. Food is good, service good and the bar vibrant. Cocktails are interesting. A sexy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect....except noise levelFoodisfunDined on 8/5/2014The management says they are actively working on noise kinks, which are significant with all of the marble and wood. They can address this with good sound engineering. The rest, well.... Superb! Every aspect of the meal was wonderful...The escargot was yummy, the salmon awesome and the filet just right. I love this place, and will put it on my lust of top Tampa spots. Accolades for great service, also!Special Features:
- First time dinerAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were first time diner's. The hostess seated us right away and a nice and comfortable booth. The menu is small but offers a lot of choices. I started with the escargot and was very surprised by the presentation and quantity - very good! The Duck was cooked well and tasted good. The French dip sandwich is a good portion but was slightly overcooked. The Halibut was very good. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The staff made sure we didn't wait a long time before clearing our food. We had a very nice dinner and would go back.Special Features:
- Welcome!RPDinerDined on 7/30/2014A welcome addition to Tampa. In the Le Meridien Hotel, the restored Federal courthouse, excellent brasserie fare, great pastry selection, good service, prompt and needed valet parking. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistenly good food!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/28/2014This was our third time having lunch at Bizou Brasserie. The food was just as good as our first visit when they opened in June. The Margherita flatbread is excellent but the 1/2 size offered as a lunch special with salad or soup is more of an appetizer portion - so go for the full size. While the prices are a little higher than other downtown eateries, the quality of the food is definitely worth it. $17 for a Salad Nicoise may seem steep - but it comes with a very generous portion of perfectly seasoned, seared ahi; a really outstanding Dijon sauce, and tasty vinaigrette dressing for the salad - well worth the price. Don't skip the café! The French macaroons are incredible - light yet flavorful - the perfect bite after any meal.
- zylontDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was pretty good. Dinner for 2 was just over $100. The thing we didn't like too much was the sound level. It's a big, beautiful open room that's very loud. They need some sound absorbing material in the tall ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenDined on 7/23/2014Great job in restoring the old courthouse. Food and service were good. Noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed310LakesideVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pricey and not anything special. Not child friendly.
- Great for business lunchesdebbiemVIPDined on 7/18/2014Location is perfect for business lunches, food and service were both excellent. We had the flatbread which was cooked to perfection (crispy on the bottom) and the dressings on the salads are nice and light. The French dip sandwich is also an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the right notesUntouristDined on 7/16/2014The bar is a lively entry point to the restaurant and is well worth a stop for a creative cocktail before dinner or nightcap following your meal. Still in its opening phase, the bar currently offers no drink specials or specialty drinks during early evening aka Happy Hour. Both the bar and the restaurant share a common characteristic - noticeable noise levels. That can be fine at times or not so ideal. The restaurant is pleasantly, not pretentiously, sophisticated and seems to be off to a great start judging on the crowd during an early Wednesday evening. Spotted among the guests that night was a former mayor of Tampa. The menu is limited but the steak fritas and backed chicken ordered at my table were both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014I would expect some glitches given that they have only been open a short time. However, the service was very poor even giving them the benefit of a new operation. Not only was it slow, the staff was non-attentive. Wine list is limited and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening JittersdrjimDined on 7/12/2014Bijou is a really "cool" place. Stylish and hip. But they were out of the wine we wanted, both fish entrees on the menu and even martini glasses. Hopefully they will get their act together. I think they will based on the team working there. The menu is perhaps too limited and the wine list needs expansion. Perhaps this will happen---???Special Features:
- Outstanding!ShaywayDined on 7/12/2014I highly recommend the lamb, oysters, 5 cheese plate, French dip, and old fashion cocktail!!! It is fabulous for a double date or girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bizou Brasserie harkens New OrleansTBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/8/2014Bizou Brasserie restaurants harkens to the feel of New Orleans with its décor, hardwood floors, and understated elegance! We enjoyed the half flat bread that comes with a house salad, and the nicoise salad! Our favorite flat breads are the margarita and the smoked salmon! It is a great place for lunch whether it is for a date or part of a business lunch!Special Features:
- Great food and place, poor wine.TOTQHLPDined on 7/6/2014Beautiful restoration, chic decor; eager service, really excellent food (true on all three visits so far)...all of which made the anemic, poorly chosen wine list seriously startling. Described as "a silly list" by fellow diners, it has odd gaps, and choices ranging from lack lustre to unpleasant...none inexpensive. Certainly the servers didn't know the difference (when asked about a pinot grigio, the waitress asked "red or white"?). We gave up and ordered cocktails and water. This great new bistro deserves better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A One Star Wanting to be a 4 StarKVKNOLESVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were excited to have another excellent restaurant in Tampa. But we were terribly disappointed. 1 - A French restaurant that does not have Chamborg or Perrier?? 2 - Martini glass was broken in our dinner plates...and we had to ask for another drink and dinner to replace?? 3 - We had to ask for our stacked up empty plates and glasses to be removed. Table was not wiped. 4 - Barbacks were drinking Monster drinks from the cans in front of us while we needed service. 5 - The server never informed management that a glass was broken in our meal. We spoke with the manager. Very nice, understanding and professional. . Everyone had a great attitude but were not prepared for 4 star service yet. We hope to try one more time, but we'll wait.
- Different type of Tampa RestaurantEatsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food!!! Had the lamb chops and halibut... Both spectacular. Shrimp and scallop appetizer. .. A real winner. Wonderful dining experience. Will absolutely go back many more times.Special Features:
- I recommend but needs work...luvagooddinnerDined on 7/5/2014We went to Bizou for a date night. Its very urban and chic in the building that used to be the courthouse, on the second floor. The ambiance is lovely with a cool bar and walls of wine when you walk in. staff was friendly and our server was attentive but didn't seem comfortable yet in his job. I wanted to get a nice bottle of wine however their list is really small; only 3 cabernets by the glass and 7 by bottle?? The apps need some improvement as there are 2 shrimp cocktail type options (huh?) and the prawns that came were not cleaned; unappetizing. The entrees were fab (monkfish and halibut), creme brûlée good, after dinner coffee awful. Irish coffee with chocolate? and decaf was espresso; neither hot. Cool but needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice addition to downtown diningSeabeeDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed saturday early dinner after a play at the Straz. Food and service were very good. Did not know about the valet parking but would use next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementMiloVIPDined on 7/4/2014Wait staff, lighting, menu & food -everything needs improvement. So many on staff wandering around yet not one available when we needed something. Bright lighting & noise level made it feel cafeteria-like. They were out of my choice of wine & their only offer was for one 40% more expensive & not even close in type of wine. We had to beg for bread that everyone else seemed to get very quickly. 2 small slices (vs. Large loaf at the table next to us) finally arrived as our appetizers did. I got the market fish - half was cooked perfectly the other half burned to a crisp! I couldn't believe the chef had let the plate out of the kitchen. Service in general was awkward, food bland & atmosphere obtrusive.
- OutgoingRavensMexDined on 6/29/2014Great place in a historic building right in downtown TAMPA, superb food great wine and outstanding craft coktails oh and the service impeccable from Troy ( agm) to NICO (best server) David ( bar mgr) Ali (sa) and the rest of the team THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the cityDavidVIPDined on 6/29/2014Soho Hospitality Group (of Ciro's Speakeasy, Boca, and Copperfish) have done it again. Indeed Bizou does capture all three of its other brands (I was not there to see the fish on the menu, actually, but I was told they have it for lunch and dinner) all nestled within Le Meridien inside the old federal courthouse. The decision to keep fixtures from the old courthouse paid off and has been compelemented by Bizou. The service was excellent and our food delicious. The federal courthouse provides a wonderful ambience. We'll certainly return!Special Features:
- Work in progress...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is another great addition to the Tampa scene. Beautiful renovation of the old courthouse with a nice vibe. The restaurant was very loud during an early dinner. Very good drinks and the food was excellent; perfectly cooked duck and interesting lamb. The server needed more training as he made no recommendations, did not ask if we would like dessert and only asked for our valet ticket after we had paid resulting in a 15 minute wait (which there is a charge for). Overall I think this will be a great restaurant once all the kinks are worked out and it finds its regular crowd and diners. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- First time was the charm!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had been anticipating the opening of the Le Meridien and the Bizou Bistro and were intrigued...has downtown Tampa really come far enough to have a first-class hotel and restaurant/lounge? The short answer is: definitely. The Hotel (and Bizou itself) is like one of those perfectly maintained 1905-era New Orleans French Quarter grand buildings. Marble and hardwood; a definite French Bistro feel - but modern. Think French Laundry. The food was excellent. Frisee salad was dressed perfectly. French Dip was made on the best French bread I've had in Tampa - warm, crispy on the outside, soft inside. Steak in the Dip was tasty and generous. We are looking forward to dinner! The café makes fresh French pastries daily!Special Features:
- Chic ambience, good food.tampa4foodVIPDined on 6/20/2014Beautifully renovated space, great bar with excellent cocktails, good food. A little too loud due to marble floors and echo from stone walls. Burger and Salmon are very good. This restaurant is a great addition to Tampa dining scene.Special Features:
- A true "gem" in downtown Tampa.EatsVIPDined on 6/19/2014A GREAT NEW restaurant located in the new Le Meridian hotel (the old courthouse building). This was just a soft opening and will be open officially on June 26.The servers and bartenders were friendly and welcoming. The lamb was sensational and the chicken dish was also great. All their bread and desserts are baked in house. The bar scene will be hopping once word gets out. This restaurant serves hamburgers as well as filet mignon..... From a light meal to a full dinner, this will be a new and trendy downtown place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Court House...great new look!dineoutordieDined on 6/18/2014Classic on the outside, minimalist in. Exacted new use of original features-jury box, witness stand, 12 seat jury table in Longitude Bar. Judge's quarters on the upper floors have become 118 rooms. Marble hallways and oak doors intact. Soft opening this week with limited menu but OH the duck was splendid. Bar filled around 6 pm. Made dining a bit noisy. Easy walk to Tampa Theater just around 2 corners. Opens fully on June 26 and was told sold out for the night after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bizou Brasserie reviews archive.