St. Louis, MO 63112Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bixbys-mohistory.com/
- Phone: 3143617313x
- Hours of Operation:
Bixby's Restaurant: Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Ziegenfuss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Bixby's is also available to host "After Hours" events 7 days a week! Please contact the restaurant directly at 314.361.7313 to request more information
A word from Bixby's
Bixby's, located on the 2nd Floor of The Missouri History Museum boasts a spectacular view of Forest Park through an expansive ceiling to floor wall of curved glass. Join us for lunch Monday - Saturday, or our award winning Champagne Brunch on Sunday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bixby's - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Bixby's reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)great for lunch (56)great for brunch (51)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Brilliant BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Although it at first appears pricey, the Champagne lunch is actually quiet reasonable when you consider all that is included. For a little under $30/person, you not only get the regular buffet brunch, but also an excellent selection of menu items that are included in the price (4-5 extra items) - not to mention a nice glass of champagne. The service is friendly and available, and the location can't be beat - after brunch you can take a walk in Forest Park (weather permitting) or wander through the History Museum (you can walk off at least 100 calories either way...). Very much recommend it to anyone at least once, if not frequently.Special Features:
- Brunch With a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Went to the Sunday brunch for a date. Made reservations via the website which is highly recommended. We were given a nice table by the window overlooking the park and golf course. Others that did not have a reservation were seated in an ajoining room without the view. Service was excellent. Our waitress greeted us as soon as we were seated. We were offered beverages and given the day's specials which were included in the price. The smoked salmon was fresh with fresh cut onion and pickled capers. There is an omlette station with a nice variety of fresh ingredients and the buffet choices were good and diverse. There is limited space so the options were not as varied as some other buffets. If they want a suggestion - add more vedgetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch great, brunch okGoodcookDined on 9/7/2014We have eaten at Bixby's before for lunch and loved it but this was the first time for brunch. A couple of the meat items on the buffet were not warm enough and the eggs Benedict was not the best but otherwise the food was very good. The staff is exceptionally friendly and willing to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a business lunchBrianVIPDined on 9/4/2014Met with a colleague for a business lunch. Great setting: natural light streaming in, beautiful view of forest park, most tables are right next to the window, and most importantly, it's a nice, quiet place for lunch. The servers are very attentive and the food is well prepared. My only critique is that the portion was a bit smaller than I would have wanted. I have a big appetite, so I'm sure it's fine for most people, but at that price point for lunch, I was a little disappointed. Perhaps it was the dish I ordered. All in all it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Sunday brunch was prefect for our group of 5 ranging in age of fifteen to eighty. Seating was fast and table accommodation was easy for older guest to move about to buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is on the second floor of the history museum with windows overlooking Forest Park (including the parking lot). We went for their champagne brunch and the service was fantastic. The made to order omelet station was good as were the a la carte options, but the buffet itself was mediocre. The price was reasonable considering the buffet, a la carte menu, and basic drinks (coffee, tea, champagne, soda) were included, but you get buffet quality food. If you're in the area and want to visit the museum, this is a nice brunch stop.Special Features:
- JPTBELLEVILLEDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic Sunday brunch. Orange juice was really'fresh squeezed" as advertised. Waitress was outstanding and the rest of friendly and accomadating. THANK YOU! GREAT EXPERIENCE !Special Features:
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our family has come to Bixby's five times this summer because we love the food and the exhibits. I do wish that it was not so difficult to have actual contact with a real person when discussing dietary needs, etc.Special Features:
- I love this placebabyboomerDined on 8/22/2014The food is fit for foodies, artfully arranged, with portions that don't require a doggy bag normally. There are gluten-free options. The view through the window wall at the tall trees across the way is stunning. And the prices are reasonable. A great place for lunch with a friend or two. Most memorable: the dark chocolate creme brulee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014we really enjoy the sunday brunch. it allows time to eat in a leisurely fashion & then browse the museum, which we love.Special Features:
- Great SpotMarinaDined on 8/10/2014Besides a lovely view of Forest Park, better-than-average brunch food and good (not great, one waiter was a bit grumpy) service, this is a good spot to take out-of-towners to show off some of St. Louis' finest sights: West End mansions, the above-mentioned Forest Park and the Jefferson Memorial/History Museum where there's always something interesting to see. I would recommend Bixby's for all those reasons in addition to its fine cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25 for brunchGlenBrookmanDined on 8/10/2014The food was not as good as the last time we came to brunch.
- Fabulous lunch spotJcrewcutie82Dined on 8/9/2014My friend and I came to the museum to see the prohibition exhibit and made reservations at Bixby's for lunch at the recommendation of the museum's website. We had a fabulous meal. All of the produce used was locally grown and everything served was fresh. They even had a special menu featuring items in connection with the prohibition exhibit. The wine/drink list had a nice variety and everything we tried tasted great. The wait staff was also quite wonderful. Amy in particular was attentive to our table, made sure we had refills, and seemed sincere in making sure we enjoyed out time there. The view from the 2nd floor restaurant is beautiful and shows great views of the park. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Don't expect too much！TefparkDined on 8/3/2014We've been to Bixby's for lunch couple times, and we liked the food, so decided to try the Sunday buffet. Kind of disappointed, the whole presentation wasn't appealing, bacon, sausage chicken, beef, and fish were all cold/warm, salads were good, omelets were excellent, of course, the view is the best, now I am debating if I will go back or not........Special Features:
- Great BrunchFP4everDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent and so was the service. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a quiet brunch on a lazy Sunday morning. After the dining is finished, one can enjoy all that the History Museum has to offer. What could be better than that?Special Features:
- Scenic Dining in St. Louisjb25Dined on 8/2/2014Beautiful setting and wonderful food. Bixby's makes a visit to the History Museum even better. We are lucky to have Bixby's and the museum in St. Louis!Special Features:
- Nice luncheon spotBobbieDined on 8/1/2014Located in the History Museum with a scenic view of Forest Park. Great service and nice menu. Food was well prepared, nice presentation and delirious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food as alwaysLittleJohn2Dined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is in the Missouri History Museum. The food was great as always. One thing I like about this restaurant is they use seasonal vegetables and have different types of items, not the same-ol, same-op. I had a vegetable quiche - excellent. My only criticism is that the menu has been reduced so selection is smaller than it used to me. They are usually busy for lunch. I recommend reservations.Special Features:
- Bixby's Brunch BuffetmyteefineDined on 7/27/2014Several items were good but not something to rave over. Omelet chef did a great job & omelets were one of the highlights. Biscuits & gravy tasted great, but were cold to lukewarm. Liked the quiches very much. I thought the smoked salmon was great. The rest of our meal we weren't too excited about, but to be honest we didn't try everything on the buffet. Our server was excellent, & the staff was friendly & inviting. The busboy even added something positive when he was able to tell us the type of flower on the table. We were kind of comparing this buffet to Nadoz at the Coronado, and Bixby's food came up somewhat short. Everybody's taste is a little different though, and I'd certainly recommend Bixby's to at least give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish tacoStLouisSouthsiderDined on 7/26/2014We were seated by the window as I had requested. The bloody Mary, ice tea, and beers were great. Two of us ordered the fish taco plate and we were disappointed as the dressing and black beans were bland and tasted like they had come out of the can, and the fish was bland. It seemed that nothing had been seasoned. The waitress offered us alternatives, quickly took our plates away, and the substitutions arrived quickly. I will certainly come back again. Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJustwantagoodmealDined on 7/24/2014I had heard good things about Bixby's, so I was disappointed when my 98 year old mother and I went for lunch. The light in the restaurant is excellent, the view over the park is very good (I expect it will be especially good at sunset), and the service was good, if not outstanding. The problem was that the food didn't taste very good, which put a major damper on the occasion. It's hard to be enthusiastic when you have a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- WonderfulDelightedDinerDined on 7/22/2014We had lunch at Bixby's and it was great. The Monte Christo sandwich was very good!! The service was great. Beautiful views. We will go back.Special Features:
- civilized dininggourmand36Dined on 7/20/2014Good place to begin Sunday afternoon. Pleasant ambiance and enjoyable food variety.Special Features:
- Love Bixby'swondefudDined on 7/20/2014What's not to love? Food is fantastic. View of Forest Park is wonderful year-round. Staff is very nice and attentive. It's a very nearly perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantTrudyVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was wonderful, from the first. The hostesses were friendly, already had our table by the window ready. Our waitress,Jamie's was great. Great food...corn chowder, tomato trio and lemon edame humus were excellent! Highly recommend this restaurant. P.s. Sunday brunches are also very good.Special Features:
- Red Hat Ladies luncheon5redstarsDined on 7/15/2014Our Red Hat Ladies wanted to visit the History Museum and while there we decided that the ONLY place to have lunch was at Bixby's! I must say, we were all very pleased with the entire experience. Our reserved table was ready and waiting for us, and we had a most spectacular view of Forest Park. We were seated promptly and our server was right with us. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful about the menu, and was very patient as we took time to choose our meal. From seating us to the end of the meal and our departure, we all agreed that we were treated as we would be in a 5 Star restaurant! All of our members will definitely return and also recommend Bixby's to our friends and families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sA1983Dined on 7/13/2014Wonderful service and great buffet variety! Will return. Nice way to show an out of town friend a local museumSpecial Features:
- The BixbyKooterDined on 7/9/2014We are on vacation and is often difficult to pick a restaurant. Our server, Brenda was very friendly and made feel like home (San Antonio, TX). She was very informative on the menu items. She made suggestions that were popular with the locals. The atmosphere was awesome, especially the view of Forest Park. Jane & PaulSpecial Features:
- Helpful HintsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014I enjoy luncheons at Bixby's. I have tried a number of the menu choices and liked the mini crab item and the vegetable frittata. Yesterday I had the Monte Cristo and found it poor. The bread was like a soggy french toast, the chicken was Ok, but the cheese minimal. Overall, it is a very pleasant dining setting, and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 6/29/2014the food was just ok but the ambience and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the History MuseumLove2lunchDined on 6/27/2014I always enjoy going to lunch at the History Museum. Bixby's is very consistent as to their food. I took my grandson and he loves the sliders they fix for children. We had a good time looking out the window seeing the activity in the park. Our waitress was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat4funDined on 6/23/2014We were disappointed with the restaurant. I think our expectations were too high. Too much mustard on the sausage sandwich, too much vinegar in the potato salad. The fish tacos were OK, bean side dish was bland. Because of this we did not get dessert.Special Features:
- Unruly ChildrenControlURKidsDined on 6/22/2014I love this brunch, it is a beautiful setting, good food and usually great service. Our waitress was very nice. I am not a fan of unruly children and while I know the management is not responsible for the behavior of other people's children there should be a way of telling those parents to control their children. After all this is not a cheap place nor a playground.Special Features:
- Brunch at Bixby'sDoughboy65Dined on 6/22/2014The food at Bixby's is wonderful and presented well. All four in our dining party thoroughly enjoyed the entree's and breakfast offerings. We hope to be able to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant- service terribleFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014I dine in this location very often. Seldom is the food anything but great. However, the service is non existent. It appears they cannot handle a full house of patrons. I have another reservation in the very near future. I can only hope they will hire more servers and train them well. Another wonderful restaurant, Harvest, has just closed. Some of their servers may be looking and those servers are fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!HoboDined on 6/15/2014Always a wonderful experience. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertDined on 6/12/20143 of us had a salad and frittata, which was not good. It had beets that were hard, not roasted long enough. The frittatas were room temperature. There was very little dressing on the salad. The service was fair.Special Features:
- FabulousMES23Dined on 6/10/2014Bixby's has earned their place in the best museum restaurants for their great food, service and views of Forest Park. Their menu changes with the seasons and each season has a fabulous selection of dishes. This season had asparagus bisque which was superb!! My favorite combo is a soup and appetizer --- both are generous enough to combine as a (very) filling lunch. I make opportunities to lunch at Bixby's.Special Features:
- Service was best part of meal2anddoneDined on 6/7/2014Food on two occasions was just very average, if that. Service was outstanding. Brunch that began at 10 had no food on buffet line except cold salads until 10:30. Inconvenient location of buffet for handicapped or elderly. Buffet selections, when available, limited and uninteresting. Menu items good, but small plates and cold. Lunch menu interesting and coordinated with special exhibition at museum, results disappointing. One comment, "Best part of the special sandwich was the bun!"Special Features:
- Disappointing saladWillComeBackAgainDined on 6/2/2014Four guests attended for lunch. Three had a meat-based sandwich and all were pleased. One had a salad and it was barely edible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.