St. Louis, MO 63112Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bixbys-mohistory.com/
- Phone: (314) 361-7313
- Hours of Operation:
Bixby's Restaurant: Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Ziegenfuss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Bixby's is also available to host "After Hours" events 7 days a week! Please contact the restaurant directly at 314.361.7313 to request more information
A word from Bixby's
Bixby's, located on the 2nd Floor of The Missouri History Museum boasts a spectacular view of Forest Park through an expansive ceiling to floor wall of curved glass. Join us for lunch Monday - Saturday, or our award winning Champagne Brunch on Sunday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bixby's - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Bixby's reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)great for lunch (56)great for brunch (45)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Generally reliableMES23Dined on 11/17/2014Each member of our group of four ordered bison chili and pastrami. All loved the chili and found the pastrami below par. The bread was overly greasy and the filling was somewhat dry. Not the usual meal at Bixby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch food this yearSaintLouisRickDined on 11/16/2014Bixby's at the Saint Louis History museum was simply outstanding for brunch, this past Sunday, November 16th. My first plate with huge, peeled, deveined cold shrimp, bacon, salad with cranberries, cut cheese, cantaloupe, melon, red grapefruit, and orange slices, with special crackers was an excellent first choice. Then a plate with chicken, beef slices, cheese filled tortellini with a tomato sauce, more shrimp, sausage and a served quiche slice preceded the bread pudding and cookies dessert plate. There was also an omelet station, and more to order from menu. This may have been the best food served for brunch that we have had this year. Price includes soft drinks. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- historybuffDined on 11/15/2014We really enjoyed Bixby's for lunch on Saturday. The food and service were amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot.FoodieVIPDined on 11/12/2014I meet friends and business associates here very often. The new special menu was interesting. I often am in a hurry but recently we dawdled and were never rushed. That was so nice. Food was terrific and service subtle and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMollieBDined on 11/10/2014I enjoyed lunch with my sisters, one from out of town. The food and service was delicious and my sister enjoyed the fall view of Forest Park. The food was seasonal and fresh with some unusual combinations. We thoroughly enjoyed our shared persimmon and apple buckle for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewBcatsk1969Dined on 11/8/2014It is not often that a restaurant provides both a great view and food. The Turkey Medallions entree was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Always a treat! The setting is wonderful, food consistently interesting and good - and overall good service.Special Features:
- Business lunchDealMakerDined on 10/27/2014The view is amazing + the ambience relaxed. I always go here for quiet deal-making.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itlenster2Dined on 10/26/2014For some reason its hard to find descent Sunday brunch restaurants in St. Louis. I used to go to the one at the Renaissance Hotel after church every Sunday when I was a kid and loved it. That one is closed now. Bixby's is right by my house in the Skinker/DeBalievere neighborhood and Its super nice. One catch is the brunch price includes a glass of champagne but a glass of oj costs an extra $3.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/24/2014THIS IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTURANTS. WE ALWAYS EAT HERE WHEN WE COME TO SEE AN EXHIBIT AT THE MUSEUM. FOOD IS ALWAYS FABULOUS.Special Features:
- Delightul!libbyDined on 10/22/2014The kale salad was wonderful and the service superb. A lovely view of the fall trees and our server was attentive. Would have preferred some warm bread with my salad rather than the crackers but overall it was a delightful experience. The server even brought an ice cream dessert that was fabulous for the birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSusieDined on 10/20/2014Every visit to Bixby's is a treat. The current Fall Menu is amazing. I love to take out of town guests to this delightful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchMrsBeeDined on 10/19/2014The Sunday brunch has gotten a lot better. I've always loved the ambiance, but now the food has risen to the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday brunch & weekday lunchKatieDined on 10/19/2014The food is great! Atmosphere is fine. Service is just okay. Need to seek out server for coffee refills and check when ready to go etc. But, servers are friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchCarrDined on 10/15/2014Brought a friend to Bixby's for a special Birthday lunch. The food was great and you can't beat the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate creme brûléeMissouriGalsDined on 10/13/2014Delightful lunch. The sweet potato sandwich with feta and tomatoes was delicious. Highly recommend the chocolate crime brûlée.Special Features:
- Retired USAF Chief (33 Years)hackmanjimDined on 10/12/2014Everything from A-Z was OUTSTANDING! I had my son and his wife from San Antonio, Texas and they could not say enough about Bixby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMarymacDined on 10/7/2014I had been to Bixby's for lunch, but none of my friends had. They all enjoyed their lunch, the atmosphere and the view. Our waitress was very courteous and took very good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy, but poor quality of foodsMozartDined on 9/28/2014We went to Sunday brunch.You can enjoy a great view, but nothing tasted good except the tomato bisque. We ordered a waffle which was the same you get for breakfast at the motels. The quiche was very dry and had no taste...same with an Egg Benedict . It's not worth the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFP4everDined on 9/28/2014The food is incomparable. The experience is a delicious treat.Special Features:
- Brunch with a ViewJDoutnaboutDined on 9/21/2014Simple brunch overlooking the park. I would consider it a light fare and not for the heavy brunch crew. Best for a special occasion to be followed by a walk thru the museum and park on a pleasant Sunday. More to the liking of my wife and daughter, but enough choice for the healthy eater to not go away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchGailDined on 9/21/2014Forest Park view thru large windows is lovely, adds a lot to the brunch experience. Food quality mixed. Delicious spicy pumpkin soup with nuts that gave it a great crunch. Quiche you can order is overly small and mine was cold. If this can't be remedied, quiche should be dropped from the menu. Salmon with trimmings was great, though my croissant was stale. The salad of baked apples with greens was delicious and unusual. Very nice cheeses. The dessert table had mostly cookies that did not look appealing, though the small bite-size carrot cake was tasty. The server filled our glasses with champagne without asking. Some might not want alcohol so an alternative should be offered upfront. For the price, need more variety and choices on buffet.Special Features:
- JustineTerrylDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant was not what I expected it to be. The buffet food was not good. It was an Indian type food, after we ate we learned that the menu changes every weekend and we should call the day before to see what type of cuisine is being served. I watched the reaction to the food of the tables around us and it appeared it was not a favorite of anyone. The waitress was extraordinarily slow. It took us 15 minutes to get our check after we asked for it,then another 10 minutes to get checked out...just wasn't a good first impression..Special Features:
- LuvNicePlacesDined on 9/19/2014This is an outstanding experience. The menu is varied, featuring seasonal entrees. The presentation of food is unique and appealing. The waitresses were attentive, answering questions and making suggestions when asked. The ambiance and scenic view of Forest Park is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amish chickenFood130Dined on 9/17/2014Amish chicken just okay, which is a disappointment, since most of the food is very good...both in taste and presentation.Special Features:
- Brilliant BrunchEthanHuntDined on 9/14/2014Although it at first appears pricey, the Champagne lunch is actually quiet reasonable when you consider all that is included. For a little under $30/person, you not only get the regular buffet brunch, but also an excellent selection of menu items that are included in the price (4-5 extra items) - not to mention a nice glass of champagne. The service is friendly and available, and the location can't be beat - after brunch you can take a walk in Forest Park (weather permitting) or wander through the History Museum (you can walk off at least 100 calories either way...). Very much recommend it to anyone at least once, if not frequently.Special Features:
- Brunch With a ViewRobSzydDined on 9/14/2014Went to the Sunday brunch for a date. Made reservations via the website which is highly recommended. We were given a nice table by the window overlooking the park and golf course. Others that did not have a reservation were seated in an ajoining room without the view. Service was excellent. Our waitress greeted us as soon as we were seated. We were offered beverages and given the day's specials which were included in the price. The smoked salmon was fresh with fresh cut onion and pickled capers. There is an omlette station with a nice variety of fresh ingredients and the buffet choices were good and diverse. There is limited space so the options were not as varied as some other buffets. If they want a suggestion - add more vedgetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014I continue to be the strongest supporter of the museum, it's mission and the other amenities such as the gift shop and the restaurant. We ordered the special : Crab cakes with salad. Presented beautifully but the salad appeared to be unseasoned and with no dressing. I usually order dressing on the side because I don't like salad drenched in dressing. In this case, there was NO dressing. There was no follow up by the wait staff to see if everything was OK. I meet people here often because I am a strong supporter of the Museum. It is hard to continue my support without significant upgrade. I know they can do this.
- Lunch great, brunch okGoodcookDined on 9/7/2014We have eaten at Bixby's before for lunch and loved it but this was the first time for brunch. A couple of the meat items on the buffet were not warm enough and the eggs Benedict was not the best but otherwise the food was very good. The staff is exceptionally friendly and willing to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a business lunchBrianVIPDined on 9/4/2014Met with a colleague for a business lunch. Great setting: natural light streaming in, beautiful view of forest park, most tables are right next to the window, and most importantly, it's a nice, quiet place for lunch. The servers are very attentive and the food is well prepared. My only critique is that the portion was a bit smaller than I would have wanted. I have a big appetite, so I'm sure it's fine for most people, but at that price point for lunch, I was a little disappointed. Perhaps it was the dish I ordered. All in all it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Sunday brunch was prefect for our group of 5 ranging in age of fifteen to eighty. Seating was fast and table accommodation was easy for older guest to move about to buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is on the second floor of the history museum with windows overlooking Forest Park (including the parking lot). We went for their champagne brunch and the service was fantastic. The made to order omelet station was good as were the a la carte options, but the buffet itself was mediocre. The price was reasonable considering the buffet, a la carte menu, and basic drinks (coffee, tea, champagne, soda) were included, but you get buffet quality food. If you're in the area and want to visit the museum, this is a nice brunch stop.Special Features:
- JPTBELLEVILLEDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic Sunday brunch. Orange juice was really'fresh squeezed" as advertised. Waitress was outstanding and the rest of friendly and accomadating. THANK YOU! GREAT EXPERIENCE !Special Features:
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our family has come to Bixby's five times this summer because we love the food and the exhibits. I do wish that it was not so difficult to have actual contact with a real person when discussing dietary needs, etc.Special Features:
- I love this placebabyboomerDined on 8/22/2014The food is fit for foodies, artfully arranged, with portions that don't require a doggy bag normally. There are gluten-free options. The view through the window wall at the tall trees across the way is stunning. And the prices are reasonable. A great place for lunch with a friend or two. Most memorable: the dark chocolate creme brulee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014we really enjoy the sunday brunch. it allows time to eat in a leisurely fashion & then browse the museum, which we love.Special Features:
- Great SpotMarinaDined on 8/10/2014Besides a lovely view of Forest Park, better-than-average brunch food and good (not great, one waiter was a bit grumpy) service, this is a good spot to take out-of-towners to show off some of St. Louis' finest sights: West End mansions, the above-mentioned Forest Park and the Jefferson Memorial/History Museum where there's always something interesting to see. I would recommend Bixby's for all those reasons in addition to its fine cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25 for brunchGlenBrookmanDined on 8/10/2014The food was not as good as the last time we came to brunch.
- Fabulous lunch spotJcrewcutie82Dined on 8/9/2014My friend and I came to the museum to see the prohibition exhibit and made reservations at Bixby's for lunch at the recommendation of the museum's website. We had a fabulous meal. All of the produce used was locally grown and everything served was fresh. They even had a special menu featuring items in connection with the prohibition exhibit. The wine/drink list had a nice variety and everything we tried tasted great. The wait staff was also quite wonderful. Amy in particular was attentive to our table, made sure we had refills, and seemed sincere in making sure we enjoyed out time there. The view from the 2nd floor restaurant is beautiful and shows great views of the park. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Don't expect too much！TefparkDined on 8/3/2014We've been to Bixby's for lunch couple times, and we liked the food, so decided to try the Sunday buffet. Kind of disappointed, the whole presentation wasn't appealing, bacon, sausage chicken, beef, and fish were all cold/warm, salads were good, omelets were excellent, of course, the view is the best, now I am debating if I will go back or not........Special Features: