Bites Asian Tapas
3313 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Bites Asian Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bitestapas.com/
- Phone: 7732705972x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Marita Tantivirasut
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Bites offers both on-site and off-site catering. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private dining are available. We can also accommodate private parties and events. Our tapas-styled food is perfect for large gathering and the menu can be customized to fit your and your guests' needs.Please email email@example.com for information.
A word from Bites Asian Tapas
Located in Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, Bites is a casual, stylish and comfortable Asian bistro featuring a wide range of homemade small plate favorites from Thailand, Japan, China, Korea, India, Vietnam, and beyond. The result is a delicious assortment of tapas unique to us. Our fireplace keeps you warm in the Winter and our outdoor patio makes you feel alive in the Summer. Enjoy our food with a variety of cocktails, beer & wine while catching up with friends and family. Bites is a fun place to be and is perfect for both casual dining and special occasions - date night, girls/guys night out, birthday party, bachelor/bachelorette party, baby shower, etc. Start or end your night right at Bites Asian Tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bites Asian Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)romantic (9)late-night find (9)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- delicious!BridgetteDined on 9/19/2014delicious food, fun vibe, great outdoor dining! great service and drinks!Special Features:
- Fantastic Unique TapasYumDeliciousDined on 9/18/2014Fantastic! Each tapas plate - we shares 5 of them - was unique and tastes like a different cuisine amazing. Each dish made to order brought out piping hot, crispy wonton shrimp was a favorite. The sauces were delicious again each unique, the presentation beautiful and the accompanying salads perfect. We couldn't have had a better time And we sat out on the patio in back that felt like a secret garden. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go if you choose Taste vs. serviceMansdiningVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bites Asian Tapas as it located nearby our dining compansions' home. We read reviews about the quantity of food and lack of service. Intrigued by positive comments on food quality, we made reservations. And our intrigue was rewarded. We found the food quality excellent. We were a group of 4 and enjoyed the small plate concept so we could share many different items. Two dishes that impressed our group that are not listed as favorites - Pig in the Garden and Crab Croquettes. Both excellent and will make our 'favorite' list. The Crying Amigo Tacos, Korean Sliders and Drunk Chicks deserve their 'favorite' status. The service is inconsistent and definately needs improvement. Lucky for them the food/kitchen overcomes service shortfalls.Special Features:
- 3rd VisitmjeexDined on 9/12/2014On this third visit, I experienced only a slight issue. One dish was not up to the usual standards. I alerted my server who had a different chef prepare another dish that was fine. The food is fantastic and the service was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointing even on the 2nd timebrickbarkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Tried this place twice and what a let-down. The portion sizes are unbelievably small for the price - just a joke. And, the food just isn't tasty at all. We tried a bit of everything, and the flavors are just disappointing. This was our second time, so we decided to get different dishes, as our first trip to this place was similarly bad. No luck the second time, either. While the menu sounded great, it just didn't do it. Time for a new chef and some major revamping of the portion sizes here. We eat all the time at the best places in this area (our neighborhood) and I would say that the portion sizes were the smallest for the money of any place we've been to in Lakeview, hands down (and I don't mind portion control, but come on!)
- Great asian twist on tapas!Pepster78Dined on 8/23/2014I came here for my birthday dinner with a group of about 10 people. They seated us right away even though the entire party hadn't arrived. Our server came over and got drinks for everyone that was there. As people showed up the server was paying attention and came over and asked if anyone needed anything. We ordered several plates to share and they came out staggered so we didn't get a lot of food all at the same time. Everything I had was pretty good. I will say that we went knowing we would be there a long time. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014I live in this neighborhood and was finally able to make it to Bites. I was so pleasantly surprised by the ambiance AND the cuisine! Definitely surpassed my expectations. Had the spicy miso ramen and the jumbo shrimp dumplings. Flavors were great, would definitely recommend. There was a large group seated not far from us and it seems like a great place for a group gathering.Special Features:
- Thai Inspired Spanish StyleChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fusion is everywhere, Bites is a great place for a few bites, good food, nicely done, richly spiced, and reasonable. Two folks can have a drink a few dishes and get out for about $50. And the garden is just delightful in summer. Well worth tryingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, creative foodJossDined on 7/30/2014This place is a nice little spot in the middle of Wrigleyville. They have a super cute and quaint outdoor patio in the back, and the inside dining area is also pretty cozy. Food choice are creative and definitely on the smaller side of "small plates". Asian paella was delicious, and so were the buns - we tried 3 different kinds. "Drunk chicks" was great too - tasty little chicken bites. Good drink options as well! Would recommend for a date night or casual after work dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Great Tapas RestcalishDined on 7/19/2014I found this places on groupon and after few month of paying for this offer finally made it to restaurant. It was so nice place very good good, nice staff, beautiful patio and good price in bar and food. This place should get more great review cause it is absolutely nice Asian restaurant.Special Features:
- Great new place!LAA35VIPDined on 7/18/2014We made last minute reservations before the Billy Joel concert and this a great new place! The food was delicious and not at all expensive. The specialty cocktails were awesome! We tried a few different ones. The small plates are $5 before 7pm. Definitely check it out!Special Features:
- Good foodRandyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food. The shrimp bun is a must try! The staff is great and the cocktails are outstanding. Love how it's an open air space during nice weather when the windows are ooen. Cozy table by the fireplace during the colder months. As stated already, this is a must try!!Special Features:
- Good food !!SmlboxVIPDined on 6/11/2014Was skeptical of Asian tapas but it was good! Would definitely come again, there are little areas that need improvement but they got the concept right and the portion is perfect for the price !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bites Asian Tapas reviews archive.