1320 Broadway Plaza
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelmuranotacoma.com/
- Phone: (253) 591-4151
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am. Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Bar only/walk-in only). Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Matt Stickle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BITE Restaurant
Overlooking four floors of breathtaking art below, the menu at this Tacoma restaurant has a lot to live up to. Traditional fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner – prepared with an elegant twist, nails it. Whatever you do, save room for dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BITE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (7)scenic view (5)romantic (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Special Celebration for Momcandaces1Dined on 11/9/2014This is our Mothers' selection for her birthday brunch for several years and once again, we were not disappointed. We had an excellent server, Mayra, who made all of us feel special and even sang Happy Birthday along with us. The food was delicious and HOT when it came to the table, and we had asked for a special booth and it was there waiting for us when we arrived. No wonder Mom loves Bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experiencelucyDined on 11/4/2014We were guests at the hotel and enjoyed both dinner and breakfast at Bite. Both meals were very nicely prepared and the ingredients were fresh and tasty. My dairy-free requirements were met without any difficulties when I asked. The service was exceptionally good. The servers were efficient and friendly with just the right amount of checking in. We felt very well taken care of. The design and look of Bite is very pleasing as is the rest of the Hotel Murano - very nice colors and sort of a cozy and open feeling at the same time. I highly recommend Bite if you are in Tacoma.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceMelodyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful food and the service was amazing. There were many patrons with a sight disability that were eating at the restaurant in various groups and the service provided by the restaurant staff was wonderful. Although it was very busy and the staff providing extra assistance our table never felt neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!TorianneDined on 10/15/2014While on business in the SeaTac area, we wanted to explore Tacoma and we're so glad to have found the Hotel Murano and BITE! The menu was Northwestern and delicious. I started my meal with a glass of recommended local wine - a great choice - and beet carpaccio. Yes, beet. And it was the best beet starter I've had to date (and I typically order it everytime I see it on the menu). The service was impeccable and the kitchen was able to easily accommodate the other person in our party that had both a gluten and dairy allergy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PaintingsnickdlcVIPDined on 9/23/2014First time here. Food was very good creative menu. Love their take on a Manhattan We will be back.Special Features:
- Doesn't match the awesome hotelTBeach3Dined on 9/13/2014The food was horrible. I got the Albacore tuna and it was still frozen in the middle. The other food was so salty or so bland that I almost couldn't finish it. The service was abysmal. I ate at the bar, and the TV was so far to the right that you could barely see it or hear it. Why even have one in there in the first place if you don't want to be watched?! Horrible food, terrible ambience, and poor service. It's not going to shut down because it's inside of the great hotel and it's probably what they're counting on to stay open.
- Great location for dinner partiesInTownVIPDined on 9/8/2014I had a business dinner event here and it was fantastic! Food, service, and ambiance was perfect. I will definitely go there again for dinner, drinks, and business dinners in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnygirlDined on 9/1/2014We had a nice table by the window. Our server was friendly and attentive yet left us alone. Presentation of food was beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food and Mt Ranier viewstlajDined on 8/23/2014Went here as a special occasion and it was a treat! Gracious, attentive service. Fun Cocktails--try the blackberry martini, fabulous food. Salads were excellent, Salmon was the best we had all week (and we ate a LOT of salmon) and my son's burger was really really good. And you really can see Mt Ranier.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the BITE Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fine dining with a fine viewUpperLeftCoastTravelerDined on 7/18/2014BITE has always provided us with an exceptional dining experience, and this visit was no exception. What really put it over the top was the location of our table and the stellar view it provided. There are no bad views here, but having Mt. Rainier framed in the center of a wall of glass was absolutely a perfect complement to the delicious food and the impeccable, affable service. This one is on our permanent YES list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel foodDaveVIPDined on 7/16/2014Service was very good but we felt the food was mediocre at best. Bland and uninspired. Would not recommend. We were disappointed. Sorry
- MediocrefoodiedesiDined on 6/14/2014The Bite has a nice ambiance, but the food was mediocre. The appetizers of hot wings and flatbread were delicious and I would definitely get those again. However, I ordered the Halibut and it was overcooked and quite dry. The asparagus tasted smoky like it was charred without oil and salt, it was not very appetizing. My husband had the seafood pasta and it was okay, the scallops were cooked perfectly but the pasta itself was uninspiring and not well seasoned. The waitress was very attentive and we always had full water glasses. Overall it was a place I would probably come back to for happy hour but not for dinner.
- Copper River salmon 2014 was great!30YearReunionCommitteeDined on 6/6/2014Soup, salad, dinner, desserts and drinks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2014Definitely a better than average hotel restaurant. We ate here for lunch and had a great selection, and the breakfast was not only delicious but not too expensive. Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Had mothers day brunch here, service was a little slow, but food was good, love the decor and the atmosphere. Overall enjoyed my experience.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great service great food over all experience was REALLY niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day breakfastPoolzerDined on 5/11/2014Found this on trip adviser and had great reviews, and am pleased to add another! We loved everything about it: the lighting, artwork, atmosphere, the waitstaff and of course the food. We were promptly seated next to a window that had a view of downtown Tacoma and they had a special Mother's Day menu consisting of a great variety of choices for all tastes. The waitstaff were a perfect combination of being there when we needed them and our glasses and cups never were dry, as well as leaving us alone during conversations and eating. Between the 5 of us, 3 had the eggs Benedict, one had the sirloin hash and I had the Rum Bananas French Toast. Servings all around were plentiful and all were cooked and tasted great. Will come again!Special Features:
- Off to a great start!UpperLeftCoastTravelerDined on 4/12/2014We visited BITE just a month or so after their opening. The experience belies that short history. It has all the signs of becoming a neighborhood and citywide fixture. Great location and ambience, experienced and helpful staff, and a kitchen that appears to be hitting its stride quickly. Very pleased, and we'll keep it in mind for future visits to Tacoma.Special Features:
- Not That GreatSAYWENNVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food (once we got it) was just fair. We went there while staying at the Murano Hotel. We were told by a waitress/hostess when we entered the restaurant that we couldn't sit in a certain booths that were empty. I don't know who she was saving them for...Service was slow and the food was just fair. The hotel is great, but they need to get this restaurant up to the level of the hotel. Too bad 'cause the hotel is really cool and fun.
- Great Service, Weird DecorScottVIPDined on 2/16/2014Amazing service and very good food. The chairs for the tables were not comfortable and the decor was quite odd including the bizzare deck of cards on the wall. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised, worth a visit5ich009Dined on 2/16/2014My wife and I stopped in for a late Valentine's Day lunch. The restaurant is in the Murano Hotel in downtown Tacoma. She had the truffled macaroni and cheese with black truffles and white truffle oil. I had the Kobe burger with Gorgonzola cheese and garlic fries. Wow, we were pleasantly surprised at how tasty both meals were. Service was above average, both server we had struck up a conversation and took time getting to know us. Overall, it was a nice dining experience. We'll come back with friends. An added bonus is that the hotel has a number of nice art pieces located throughout the building, which are fun to scout out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014we wanted to eat in downtown Tacoma but we couldn't get a reservation at our regular haunts, so we decided to try the Bite. Utes a great decision! Food was good, if was quiet, and the sever was excellent! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacoma Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We were disappointed with size of the selections on the menu. Nothing really said you have to try this on their menu. Probably picked the wrong night to try them. There was a cheer competition in town and at least one team and their parents choose the Bite. Restaurant was smaller than I thought and the kids were loud. Not that a bunch of little girls having a fun night wouldn't be noisy. The food was OK but not, tell your friends, special.
- Hooked with a bite!JasmineDined on 2/4/2014What a find! I can't believe I have not been to Bite which is walking distance from my residence. The Hotel itself is magnificent with glass work from the Museum of Glass. We had the scallops and shrimp fettuccini. The scallops were fresh, sweet and perfectly cooked. Delicious. The truffle fries are to die for! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Lousy serviceCHIlee1Dined on 1/10/2014There were 6 in our party and only 2 other small groups in the entire restaurant. Bascially the restuarant was empty so there was no excuse. The service was horrible. After we ordered it took over 1 hour to get our food. I ordered the soup to start with and she never brought it even though I reminded her twice. The server never checked back with us to see if we needed anything and the only thing she was quick with was the check. Will NOT return.
- Hidden Treasure!MrsDominoDined on 1/4/2014We were celebrating the engagement of our best friend before going to the Wedding Expo at the Tacoma Dome. We LOVED Bite! Our first time there and it was perfect for a little Girl's Morning with Mimosas and breakfast. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is really nice!LuncheonTDined on 12/31/2013This place is really nice! The food was great, and had a great atmosphere for any occasion. Was a bit noisy at times..but I thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeMouse301Dined on 11/9/2013Had a good time with some girlfriends for a birthday. Met at the bar downstairs for a cocktail before heading up to the restaurant. Food was good, service was good. Would def recommend to friends for a quiet yet amazing night..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch - Expensive ParkingMelodyVIPDined on 10/27/2013Had a spur of the moment brunch here and was really impressed. The menu selection was great and provided a lot of options. Both me and my guest extremely enjoyed our meal. We felt like the portions were good and the prices were very reasonable. The one complaint is having to pay for parking at the Hotel itself at $8.00 for a Sunday. Either reduced or validated parking for guests is reasonable especially for Tacoma. Also, having to park, then pay and then go back to your car to put the ticket is not ideal in pouring rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 8Like2EatDined on 10/17/2013I took a group of 8 people to BITE for dinner while staying in Tacoma. Many of the group had eaten here previously and had high expectations. They were not disappointed, in fact we had the exact same table as we had previously. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I didn't see much (if anything) left on the plates as they were cleared. Also impressed that substitutions were readily handled by the kitchen staff. Only concern I would note is that when I originally tried to make this reservation (on-line) it was for 10 people, and was not reservation accepted. I changed the reservation to 8 and it was accepted. However, there was plenty of room available in the dining area so I'm not sure what a larger reservation would not have been accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for drinks and appetizersTwoguysVIPDined on 9/28/2013BITE is tucked away on the 4th floor of the Hotel Murano, a low space with lots of windows in the front. The hard plastic chairs at the tables were stylish but uncomfortable. Booths have cushions. Service was attentive, but the food and drinks were a long time coming. Creative and interesting cocktails! They match the artsy theme of the hotel. The shrimp appetizer was very good, as was a cheese and meat board. The main courses were good but unmemorable. Come here for drinks and appetizers.
- DisappointedJoeyDined on 9/26/2013Service was really terrific from the moment we arrived. Open concept does not work--way too much noise. Food was OK but I had expected better given the quality hotel.Special Features:
- gemvashondougDined on 8/22/2013Great welcome from the host who engaged my elderly folks right away. Prompt, professional table service came next, along with fresh bread- the only criteria my dad will judge a restaurant by. My mom and I had reuben sandwiches, dad had the NW salad. With gravitas, my mother (who is from NYC) said it was the best reuben she ever had. And it was good on marble rye without too much dressimg but generous with swiss and sauerkraut. My dads salad was brimming over with cold fesh crab and more over a bed of romaine that . After lunch we strolled the art filled Murano Hotel where the Bite is located. The hotel might be mistaken for a art museum if it weren't for the guest rooms above. Great experience, would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Food was beautifully preparedNancyVIPDined on 8/14/2013Food was beautifully prepared and delicious - loved the quiet atmosphere - beautiful display of glasswork - the service was beyond excellent! Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- furniturehungryDined on 7/30/2013The chairs were broken! And the bread was stale. The food was excellent however. They need to work on the furniture and flooringSpecial Features:
- Excellent place to dineBootsyDined on 7/16/2013Dine there for my daughter birthday. It was more than what I expected from reading the reviews. Definitely one of the better places to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to celebrateJoannreuDined on 5/19/2013Great food. Great presentation. Great service. Drinks a little pricy but well made. Had a graduation dinner there and would definitely return. Definitely not your typical hotel restaurant food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2013My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Hotel Murano, so we decided to try BITE out for dinner and couldn't have been happier. the food was delicious and the service was super friendly and accommodating. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Menu &Kobe Beef BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Great variety on the lunch menu with many different types of cuisine; I had a hard time choosing which to try! The Bite Burger (Kobe beef with bacon relish) was delicious. Garlic fries that accompanied it were just okay; not very garlicky, but cooked well; crispy. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We were there 3 pm for a latesunshine3821VIPDined on 4/22/2013We were there 3 pm for a late lunch, so we had the restaurant to ourselves. The waitress was fantastic; the food was great & the view of Mt. Ranier was amazing!Special Features: