Bite of Italy
847 E Baltimore Pike
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bite of Italy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biteofitalypa.com/
- Phone: 6109252762
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm,
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Carannante
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: There's something special about entertaining in your home. Hosting guests at home can make for a memorable and especially convivial gathering. At Bite of Italy, we ensure that home entertaining is an enjoyable and carefree event for hosts. We interpret your personal view and feel because it’s your party and you should enjoy and savor it as much as your company. That's why we take special care when creating at-home events. They are often the most personal statement a host can make.
For any event, consider our beautiful and unique venue.
A word from Bite of Italy
The scent of fresh brick-oven baked pizza fills this Kennett Square Italian eatery. Cozy seating and friendly service will make you want to return again and again! Bite of Italy is an authentic Italian restaurant featuring specialty pizza made with delicious ingredients imported from Italy. Pasta from all regions of Italy and delicious salads are a big part of our menu, but do not forget our daily specials, where we feature delicious fish and seasonal ingredients in our recipes. Bite of Italy is warm and welcoming, authentic and thoroughly satisfying, with bold, pure flavors that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bite of Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
- the service was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013the service was absolutely perfect; food was very good, noise level was fine.Special Features:
- Good EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/21/2013Had dinner here with a group of friends before visiting Longwood Gardens. The food and service were decent. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very long wait for foodRobboDined on 12/7/2013After visiting Longwood Gardens my Wife and I plus another couple went here for dinner. We sat down at 6:00 pm. It took about 20 minutes to finally order. We had the Calamari appetizer which was ok, nothing great. The problem is we did not receive our entrees until 7:45 pm. That is an hour and 45 minutes after sitting down! Way too long for what was basically good food but not spectacular. The wait really made this a poor dining experience. It was a Saturday night and the place appeared busy, but if they can't handle a busy Sat. night crowd without making you wait almost 2 hours for your food then something is wrong.
- Nothing Special and BYOBjohnDined on 11/30/2013Their website didn't even mention that they don't serve alcohol. Noisy, lots of children, and no ambiance - but the food was good and the service outstanding. Slightly overpriced for the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great big bitelabanwannabeeVIPDined on 11/8/2013Don't judge a book by it's cover, it sits in a shopping center, but there is nothing ordinary about this place. The food was all home made by a family from Italy. Service was great, the chef was adorable and the food was wonderful. The rolls were home made and hot out of the oven, the antipasti had every conceivable italian meet, cheese, and vegetable associated with antipasti. The kitchen was extrememly flexible, changing the dishes to suit our wishes and the flavors are everything I would expect in a restaurant in Italy. We drove an hour to meet friends and it was well worth it, we will be going back.Special Features:
- Good food, ambience, serviceLandenbergianDined on 10/28/2013Table of 6 (4 adults, 2 high-chairs) Monday night, 5:45 reservations (placed online). It was quiet due to the day and time. We went there due to the recommendation of a friend on the food (homemade pastas), prices and ambience. The food was definitely tastey and reasonable, not huge, portions; there were two doggy bags. I didn't hear a complaint from any at the table about the food or anything else for that matter. Server was pleasant as was the food runner. Ambience was modern and comfy all in all. Downsides: Somehow our sons order of spaghetti and meatballs was forgotten. Server took the spag off the bill without issue after realizing he never got it when she brought the check. We'll come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemLeftyDined on 10/26/2013Don't let the location fool you, this is a great Italian restaurant that gets it right. We came here for our anniversary, and two days later my girlfriend is still raving about the food. Plus it's a BYOB, so we were able to bring our own bottle of wine to set the mood just how we liked it. We'll definitely be coming back here the next time we're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good f oodfoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2013We actually ate fairly healthy while we were here, which is quite a feat when you are talking Italian, and everything we had was very good too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great...coupleonadateDined on 8/9/2013We expected great things and were sadly disappointed. The music was odd and loud, the food was boring and lacked flavor. We definitely will not be returning.
- We found this restaurant onluvgoodfoodDined on 7/26/2013We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor. We were in the area to attend a concert at Longwood Gardens. We told our waiter that we were in a bit of a rush and his service was extraordinary. The food was wonderful. We only wished we had time to stay a little longer to enjoy some appetizers and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice "find"JarymaneDined on 7/11/2013We tried to reserve at the Longwood Gardens restaurant before a concert but they were booked, so I turned to "Open Table" and found "Bite of Italy" practically next door (next traffic light past LG entrance, going south). We went at 5:30, so it was very quiet. Staff were great, prompt and friendly. It's in a little strip mall, so nothing fancy, but clean, low-lit, we chose a comfortable booth (as oppose to a table, but I'm sure that would have been fine too - not too close together), and it was quiet, with a great selection of Italian specialties and our dinners were delicious. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood secretMoellerdadDined on 6/25/2013Very close to where we live. Great ambience to enjoy a fantastic menu. The service is always top shelf ! One of our favorite restaurants. Wish they served wine but they have BYOB option .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtloveitalianDined on 6/22/2013excellent food and service cant say more, going back real soon any will be visiting this resaurant many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have know when we walkedgigiVIPDined on 6/21/2013Should have know when we walked in at 7:00 with reservations that we might not want to stay. Many open tables. When we went to order a drink we found out it was BYOB. We have some really nice wine at home and would have brought it with us had we known. Food was not very good. Both meals tasted like they were reheated. Would not recommend.
- Yummy pasta and interesting combosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013We ate at Bite of Italy before going to Longwood Garden's for a play. Servers were attentive, the chef was making rounds to see if people were happy and the food was quite good. Homemade pasta. Better than average sauces. Very good bruschetta. BYOB, so it makes for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Many appealing choices onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Many appealing choices on the menu. Our whole party enjoyed their selections. Prices reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJodiDined on 5/17/2013Bite of Italy is a restaurant that can very ably handle a large group (we were a party of 13 adults). Not easy to do but all our meals arrived at the same time (some had pizza while others had entrees). Everything was hot and cooked to perfection. Also, our waiter did a marvelous job dealing with us. I must admit we tested his patients but he took all we threw at him in stride. The menu is diverse (Steak to pizza with lots of interesting things in between). Every meal and appetizer served to our table was very, very good...no complaints from anyone. My seafood ravioli was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous servicecbpressclubVIPDined on 5/17/2013Several weekends a year, my husband and I drive up to Longwood Gardens for each of the seasonal displays. Bite of Italy is recognized as one of the top BYOBs in the area. So we made the Open Table reservation. All was good until we showed up on Sat. only to find out that we'd actually made a reservation for Fri...our mistake. They bent over backward to accommodate us. We split an order of carpaccio -- beef was tender and the accompanying field green salad well dressed. Main course seafood risotto and mushroom stuffed ravioli were also tasty. Nevertheless it is the outstanding service that makes this place remarkable. We'll be back...on the right day...to try the pizzas from the wood-fired oven. Many thanks for saving our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average PlaceRogerVIPDined on 4/24/2013Was quite expensive for the quality of food offered and the ambiance. Pizzas were not good. The other food was just OK.
- Visited twice for dinner &OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Visited twice for dinner & food was very good - the lobster salad was great! Decor is lacking - feels like a strip mall eatery. Waite staff was friendly. Great food for the price and love that it's BYOB!
- Excellent selection of appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Excellent selection of appetizers and salads. 2nd time we've made these particular choices and enjoyed just as much.Special Features:
- Very Good Food. Attractive InteriorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2013Don't be put off by the shopping center location. Attractive and comfortable interior. Friendly staff - in a polite, non-pushy way. The food was a surprise. Very good and the pizza is terrific - wonderful crust and fresh tasting. A great find. We will become regulars. BYOB but no corking fees. Wish this place the best. It is a wonderful addition to the area and a cut above most of the Kennett Square restaurants. We couldn't get a reservation at Sovana Bistro on Sunday and were not disappointed to found Bite of Italy.Special Features:
- My only negative was OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013My only negative was Open Table made my reservation for 11:00AM on Sunday. Bite of Italy opened at noon! Luckily we shopped and returned to enjoy our lunch...delicious food and an excellent server!Special Features:
- excellent PizzaBobBDined on 3/22/2013Love the pizza here...and I appreciate that it is a BYOB that doews not charge a corkage fee.Special Features:
- After visiting Longwood Gardens,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013After visiting Longwood Gardens, we went to nearby Bite of Italy. It is BYOB, which we like. Our reservation did not appear to be needed. Very few tables were occupied when we got there. We were seated in a booth next to the beverage station. (Not a plus - I should have requested something else.) The three in our party enjoyed everything we had beginning with the rolls, seasoned olive oil, and the small Caesar salads. I prefer basic Italian dishes and found the eggplant parmesan excellent. The others enjoyed their entrees as well. A scumptious dessert was shared. It had peanut better and chocolate mousse and was complimentary for my friend's birthday. Yum! They also had a balloon for her. Everyone was very friendly. Would definitely return.
- Enjoyed it. Like the factOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Enjoyed it. Like the fact that the hostess comes to see if all is ok and our waitress was very good! A nice time.
- GOOD ITALIAN FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013VERY GOOD FOOD...VERY GOOD WAITER...NO CORKING CHARGE...WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR. WOULD VISIT AGAIN
- This is a BYOB. It is tuckedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013This is a BYOB. It is tucked away in a shopping center. Don't be put off by this. The food that my wife and I had was excellently prepared and presented, from appetizer thru dessert. It was as good as any other Italian restaurant we have visited. A large, interesting menu. The service was excellent, attentive and friendly. We will return, for sure. If this were closer to our home, it would be our "go to" place for Italian food, in a casual, comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Little gem....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2013Little gem hidden in a shopping center, very welcoming atmosphere and friendly service. Food is very very fresh and tasty. I had the lunch combo special (for $10.00 you can beat that) with the french onion soup, delicious, piping hot and nice melted bubbly cheese on top and the margherita pizza, perfect crust, very balanced sauce with not a lot of acidity, and really fresh buffalo mozzarella. We walked in with not very high expectations, and we left very very pleased and we certainly be back soon.Special Features:
- very disappointed to say theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2013very disappointed to say the least. I ordered chicken which was blah and was served over cannelloni beans which tasted canned. My husband's gnocchis were chewy and the sauce was bitter. We weren't given water, the mussels appetizer had no juice, the French onion soup was in a big bowl (not a crock as it should be) with a piece of bread with a tiny piece of melted cheese on it - while we were waiting for the check, we heard a waiter reading specials to other guests - none were read to us!!! This is NOT an Italian restaurant - seems more like a pizza place trying to pass itself off as something else. The waiter however was very nice, young and seemed nervous - only reason we did not complain!
- Food is great and service excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013We ate here before going to view the Longwood Gardens Christmas light show. The food was great but even better was the service. They had lots of staff all of whom greeted you warmly and acted as if they really wanted you to have a good experience. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great combination of menu,FoodieOnFridayDined on 12/31/2012Great combination of menu, food quality and BYOB. Service is a little inexperienced, but very accommodating.Special Features:
- So glad to have this restaurant neaPatrickStonerDined on 12/31/2012So grateful that there are a number of gluten-free choices. Excellent food, friendly staff, fun ambiance, super murals.Special Features:
- Wasn't fully impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2012Wasn't fully impressed with Bite of Italy. The mussels appetizer was very good, but the flounder entree was greasy and not very flavorful. We also had the special appetizer of a salmon cake which was not warm and seemed like it had been sitting around a while. For the prices charged, the restaurant needs to step it up.
- We dined at Bite of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We dined at Bite of Italy for dinner a few nights ago. The service was very good and waitstaff was friendly and attentive. We had a bruschetta appetizer, it was not the best I have ever had but was tasty. We also had a ceasar salad with our meal that was good too. My husband had the chicken parm which he liked a great deal. I had the rigatoni al forno which was nothing to write home about but was definitely decent. It seems like much more a lunch place then a spectactular dinner place, but we would eat here again, though probably for lunch.Special Features:
- We were in on New Years eveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012We were in on New Years eve for dinner. Food was even better than expected!Special Features:
- Best Italian we've found inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/29/2012Best Italian we've found in western suburbs. Can compete with South Philly's best. We will be back and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- You will enjoy this Italian gem.BobBDined on 12/28/2012Excellent classic Italian food. The pizza is also excellent. Try the Vesuvius 4-way pizza for a great taste sampler. It is also a BYOB.Special Features:
- We were on the way a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We were on the way a family outing and needed a place to eat that could handle a table of 13, was good for kids, but had good food too. This place had really good food and I didn't feel like my kids disrupted the whole place. Service could have been more friendly, but overall our experience was great.Special Features:
- Good Italian BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/26/2012Nice variety of traditional Italian at good prices- the BYOB aspect is a real plus! Very convenient to Longwood Gardens and since it is in a shopping center the parking is easy.Special Features: