Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill
74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy #17
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bitemefishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8083273474
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Daily: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Raslevich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details. We would love to cater your special event.
- Entertainment: See the Fish getting weighed in at our hoist and scale. Take a guess at how much the fish weighs! We show all the major sports at our 3 TV’s.
- Cross Street: Queen Kaahumanu
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the harbor and take your first right, go all the way around past the gas station like a giant u-turn and you will see the bamboo fence surrounding the Bite Me Fish Market Bar and Grill. We are at the harbor so there is plenty of parking.
A word from Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill
Aloha and Welcome to Bite Me Fish Market Bar and Grill. Come in and enjoy harbor side dining in a casual atmosphere where you will get the freshest fish straight from the fishermen to you. We also carry live shellfish like Dungeness crab, Maine Lobster, Oysters and Crawfish. Enjoy a cold beer, glass of wine or one of our many Sake Cocktails at the "Weigh In" bar while you watch the daily catch get brought in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- fresh and well prepared fishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2012fresh and well prepared fish right at the marina. Picnic tables on an outside patio make for a very casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/7/2012Found it well overrated. Limited fish selection for a supposed local favorite for fish, and what they did have was prepared poorly. Poor service also - waitress seemed put out by our presence. Not worth it at all!
- Bite Me Fish Market is perfectihatenicknamesVIPDined on 6/19/2012Bite Me Fish Market is perfect for its genre-- a down-home and funky marina fish place when you come off a boat from the harbor where they are located. Great for a fish plate or sandwich and a beer. Servers were new the day we went so not the best service but everyone was helpful and polite and pleasant. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Our fresh caught fish -- theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2012Our fresh caught fish -- the specialty of the restaurant -- was overcooked to the point of inedible and our server didn't really address our concerns. We were very disappointed with our experience. It was the worst restaurant meal we've had in a long time.
- Eat outside - it is a fishThelaw1Dined on 6/5/2012Eat outside - it is a fish market. Breakfast was good.Special Features:
- We were on vacation and tiredAuntBDined on 5/25/2012We were on vacation and tired of the touristy joints. We were looking for a locals joint and we found it. Sat outside own picnic tables and it was very casual with some of the freshest fish I've ever had in my life. Not much to look at but great fish.Special Features:
- A cute place overlooking theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2012A cute place overlooking the boat harbor with mellow music and good food. I would recommend this place for a casual breakfast or lunch. It would be good for families with the table set up. They have a good variety and offer non-seafood dishes as well.Special Features:
- Dissapointed with Bite meOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2012Ceviche was poor and bland - tastes old - better poke and ceviche at grocery store Fish tacos were burnt Service was ok Read mixed reviews but hoped fish was tasty Don't plan to ever return or recommend Save your money and buy freh fish at the store
- Had both good and poor experiencebillpVIPDined on 3/13/2012We had lunch there and had a really great time. Unfortunately when we went back several days later to do take out and cook it at home, the fish was not fresh. Not sure what happened, but it was a friday afternoon and perhaps they had sold out of everything fresher and tried to pass off something older. Too bad.Special Features:
- The restaurant was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012The restaurant was disappointing. The food was OK. We were expecting great fish in a casual setting. The setting was fine, the fish was not as good as expected.
- Good food & reasonable prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Good food & reasonable prices, will return & will recommend to others.Special Features:
- Overall okay. Very laid back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Overall okay. Very laid back. A bit out of the way to go there. Food was okay. The fresh fish was marlin which we had never had. we tried it and it was tough. Won't have it again.
- Love the Marina scene...bestKimoDined on 1/17/2012Love the Marina scene...best island fish...best fish taco...Special Features:
- Bite Me Fish Market Delivers!ClevendboyDined on 12/28/2011Bite Me Fish Market is a little hole-in-the wall place located on the water outside Kona. You cannot be any closer to fresh fish with the boats literally docked right outside the restaurant. Fun place with outdoor seating, very laid back and friendly service. Outdoor dining is at picnic bench tables, and is definitely a shorts and flip-flops kind of place. Very fair prices, good sized portions, and a fun place.Special Features:
- I ordered fish and chips andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011I ordered fish and chips and they were out of fries. The fish was good but serving size was small....overpriced for what you get. The service was too rushed. We ordered peel and eat shrimp and before we finished that, our chowder was served. Before we finished those, our main entre was served. We felt the whole meal was rushed and over priced for what you got. Quinns is much better.
- This is a fish market withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2011This is a fish market with outdoor table sitting on picnic benches. It is perfect for a casual meal and a break from eating at the resorts.Special Features:
- We did not eat there. WhenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2011We did not eat there. When we walked in it was not what was expected. Kids did not care for the smell of the place. Not the markets fault by any means. We went back to Waikoloa and ate at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse instead.
- It is possible for a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2011It is possible for a restaurant to be "too" local. Apparently, the locals who frequent this place like their fished cooked so well done that it can be used for jerky. Supposedly, the restaurant has its own boat, so what you eat is very fresh. Unfortunately, the cooking process removes all flavor and texture. Though this restaurant fits in with its marina location, casual tourists will likely be disappointed. Difficult to findnafter dark.
- This was THE WORST meal IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2011This was THE WORST meal I have ever had. We ordered the "special" with an upgrade to Ahi instead of Mako. This poor fish was killed twice. I'm still not sure it was actually Ahi. It was nothing like any Ahi we have ever had in the past. Beer choices were terrible and the "Bite Me" spice stuff was awful and it was on every single thing in our meal. DO NOT EAT HERE. It was really, really terrible.
- a rainy night at harborplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2011BiteMe is located in a small rustic fish market located in an old fishing harbor so no dress code (none, come right off the boat after fishing). Food is great but all fish n veg's are pan fried (don't expect to find steamed, broiled or baked choices). Bottom line: limited options and a bit greasy but surprisingly good. Service is very good and welcoming (location is not).Difficult to find n the harbor on a dark/rainy night (area is subject to flooding and very rough roads............all in all good but less ambience than expectedSpecial Features: