Bistrot La Minette
623 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistrot La Minette
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrotlaminette.com/
- Phone: 2159258000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:30 - 10:30 pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Lunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Peter Woolsey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For more information or to reserve the private Salon, please contact Brad HISTAND.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Histand 8884454872
- Special Events: Keep an eye out for our special regional food and wine dinners. Every month Bistrot La Minette will choose a different region to celebrate. Each dinner is $35 for 4 courses. An optional $15 wine pairing is also available.
A word from Bistrot La Minette
Bistrot La Minette is the realization of Chef Peter Woolsey's dream that began a decade ago during his earliest days studying in France: to create a restaurant that would share his love of the authentic bistrot experience with his fellow Philadelphians. Chef Peter pays great respect to the traditional dishes that he creates and honors the classical French methods required to achieve unparalleled bistrot cuisine. Both savory and pastry menus are ever evolving to reflect the seasons, the availability of the best ingredients and the inspiration of the chef. They are drawn from the various regions of France and the multitude of delicacies that each has to offer. The service is both efficient and warm, rooted in a foundation of hospitality and caring for our guests. Our goal is for Bistrot La Minette to be accessible to all guests that enjoy superb food and wine, and the company of their companions: hoping to evoke their best memories-or dreams-of traditional French bistrot dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistrot La Minette - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Bistrot La Minette reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (153)special occasion (135)neighborhood gem (126)romantic (126)notable wine list (78)great for brunch (36)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (20)great for lunch (14)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent , the ambiance captures alot of the French experience, wait staff was very attentive . This place rates a return visit very soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ExtravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The special anniversary tasting menu was outstanding. The salmon tartare with lentils was delicious, and my husband's vichycoisse with truffle oil was exquisite to start. It just kept getting better from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never disappoint!SherzVIPDined on 8/26/2014We attended the 6th Anniversary dinner of the restaurant's opening. They served a 4-course dinner, consisting of some of the chef's favorites, with a pichet of very good house wine, for $55. Since there were two of us and since every course had two choices, we got to taste everything -- and everything was great! Most notable: A smooth vichysoisse with truffle oil, a vol-au-vent with seafood, a steak au poivre, duck breast, and the two desserts: a peach tart accompanied by a raspberry sorbet (with lemon curd), and a mille feuilles with raspberries. This is the closest, in atmosphere and creativity in cooking, to a French bistro. This is about our 6th time there, and we have never been disappointed, "special" meal or not.Special Features:
- Love! Just like being in France!RiterReVIPDined on 8/25/2014My boyfriend, friends, and I went to their 6th Anniversary dinner and it was nothing less than amazing. The food is always authentic and much different than what you typically find at other french restaurant in the city (Sardines Grillées sur Lit de Ratatouille, Lapin Rôti à la Moutarde, Gigot d’Agneau). I have never had a meal here that wasn't delicious. For this particular evening, we had a 5 course meal to celebrate their birthday, with a choice of two options for each course. The salmon tartar was presented nicely, the salade tomates has just the right amount of dressng, the halibut was nice and flakey served in a saffron sauce, and the duck was cooked to perfection and very tender. Bistrot never fails to deliver a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerPaulieDined on 8/25/2014Great dinner, wonderful service. Can't say too many good things about Bistrot La Minette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6th anniversary birthday dinnerlolapurpleDined on 8/25/2014I had a nice time here always. The restaurant's ambience is always calm and serene. The music is great! One complaint I have is the steak thT they made which was overly coated with halves peppercorns which made a dish unappealing for me. The rest of the menu is delicious and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Frenc Restaurant !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We are from Montreal Quebec and we learned about this restaurant through our local paper La Presse. It was a wonderfull discovery. Don't hesitate GO if you like french cuisine and find a Paris ambiance.Special Features:
- aly332sDined on 8/23/2014A gem in Queen Village! *The house wine was decently priced and enjoyed by all at the table *The specials included shaved truffles which we chose to have over the macaroni and cheese - excellent. *Lamb shank was fall-off-the-bone good, and the vegetarian and fish entrees were equally as good. *Best creme brûlée I've had in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Amazing Foie GrasFrankyPhillyDined on 8/22/2014The foie gras and the escargots were simply amazing.Special Features:
- Vegetables burnt. Service greatRegularDined on 8/22/2014Vegetables burnt. Rabbit cold. People next to us were loud. Service great as usual. Wonderful ambience. Crane outside took away from view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est bien!TeaHouseDined on 8/19/2014Had a lovely meal with friends. I especially enjoyed the delicately fresh heirloom tomatoes and the grilled sardines. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emphasisDined on 8/17/2014Went with two friends and everything was perfect. The sardine appetizer, the mussels and the great heirloom tomato salad were outstanding. Of the entree's we had the rabbit, duck and short ribs all of which served beautifully. The mouse and sorbet capped a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris dining in Philly...AmazingDined on 8/16/2014Great find with this place, the embiance brings you back to a small corner cafe in Paris overlooking the busy streets while the food amazes with each delectable bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French gem!GrandMamanDined on 8/16/2014This bistro offers an authentic Parisian bistro experience, from the attentive service, to the perfect baguette bread basket, the wine list, and inventive but approachable menu. I had the rabbit which was exquisite and the rest of my family had the asparagus tart and the duck. All delicious. We were accompanied by an energetic two-year old and the waiters were extremely accommodating. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- MJADDined on 8/16/2014We had an excellent brunch, we will be back. Everything we ordered was magnifique.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Authentic French bistro food, perfectly prepared, so don't expect a quick meal or oversize portions--just enough; service appropriately attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in PhiladelphiaBruinsportDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding dinner--been about a year since I went to Paris, and was feeling the need for some solid French fare...this place was more than solid--the duck confit was like sitting in a cafe in St Germain; the escargot was sublime. And LOVE the French cocktails...HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, fun and relaxedSteveDined on 8/8/2014The food and service are very good. This is a great neighborhood bistro serving fresh and delicious French bistro food. The rabbit in mustard sauce is succulent and savory and paired really well with pinot noir. Tomato tart to kick off the evening was fresh and bursting with flavor. Inventive cocktails and food that adventurous kids would love.Special Features:
- Great escape to Paris right in PhilDevilsAdvocateDined on 8/7/2014First time at Bistrot La Minette, wasn't exactly sure what to expect not having heard anything about it previously; but definitely exceeded almost all of my expectations. Service was fast, efficient and courteous and needless to say the food was simply outstanding. My date ordered the special Provence four course meal (with the chef's wine pairings) which was simply perfect; and I ordered off the 'regular' menu which is anything but. The foie gras is not to be missed, the lapin entrée is out of this world and even their bread baked on premises is tremendous. Another good observation, of the people seated within earshot we were in the minority speaking American English. Several French and European couples were there on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Gourmet in PhillymgiornoDined on 8/6/2014The wife and I had the Provencal dinner on Aug. 6th and it was to die for. The escargot with bone marrow, garlic, oil and anchiove was a savory flavor that is almost addictive. This was paired with a light peach colored rose that was oddly well-suited to mix with the flavors of the escargot. This was the first plate and it could have also been my entire meal. The cod with haricot vert served cold with a delicate mustard mayonnaise sauce was a perfect match. The third plate, oxtail with veggies in a reduction, melted in my mouth and achieved the rich flavor that Provencal is known for. It was paired with a very dry red wine with a heavy aroma. The dessert was a baked custard with cherries topped with creme anglais.Special Features:
- Second Time aroundMitchdishVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had absolutely loved my meal on Bastille Day so I brought 2 couples back. Unfortunately, the AC was broken. The food was still excellent, but I thought the staff should have made an accommodation for the lack of AC and the service this time was not really good, the wine I wanted was out of stock and it took a very long time to get our main order. I'll perhaps try again in the fall when AC won't be an issue.Special Features:
- great jobmsharfmanDined on 8/3/2014This is a lovely albeit small bistro with well prepared dishes made from high quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French in PhillyBrianVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Bistrot La Minette three times now, and the food has always been impeccable. The French menu is fun and and the dishes are always beautifully assembled. The ambience is elegant but casual, and the staff reflect this attitude. Small outdoor dining area is very cute, but can be noisy depending on traffic.Special Features:
- Lovely suprisedirtbikemikeDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I visited for her birthday. The staff were all very nice the other patrons were wonderful as well and and the meal was phenomenal from the appetizers to the dessert Would definitely go back. Highly recommend giving them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.SkywalkerDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I love dining here. The food is always remarkable, the wine is excellent, and the ambiance and service are quite good. We had the tartare and foie gras for appetizers, and they were spectacular. Sometimes their appetizers are so good it ruins the meal, but not in this case. My girlfriend had the special (Halibut) that was flaky and delicious. I tried the rabbit, served with pasta and it was delectable. The meat fell off the bone and the sauce was spectacular. We topped it off with the raspberry puff pastry and creme desert, which was okay but not spectacular. We have had their creme brulee before which was better. But overall, simply excellent.Special Features:
- lightning rodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014cannot beat the $29 4-course prix fixe that included excellent buttery/garlicky snails and a tasty, tender lamb stew. Excellent service.Special Features:
- A perfect date!eah85Dined on 7/25/2014It's classic, timeless french decoration with a beautiful outdoor seating area. The restaurant was full, but the noise level never got above a pleasant murmur, so hearing conversation was no trouble at all. Now for the service. Not only did they perfectly fill a special request that made her night, but their wait staff was one of the most professional I've ever seen. They were impeccably dressed, knowledgeable, casually-friendly and made sure that our dinner was an enjoyable experience. Service was quick and timed perfectly. A gift puff pastry from the chef to boot!Special Features:
- Very good french cuisineEstroVIPDined on 7/25/2014Overall it was a very good french cuisine experience. the dishes were good and fresh, the service was spot on (but a little slow sometimes). Not your daily regular dinner. definitely for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New DiscoveryArnonGVIPDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed our weekend dinner. Been wanting to eat here for a long time and finally made it. Very glad we did. We both had a delightful French meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistrot so-soBallyaughlisDined on 7/19/2014The Bistrot was having an off night for us last Saturday. All three entrees were passable, but not up to the Bistrot's usual standard. In addition, the service was fitful, then intrusive. PLEASE stop your waiters descending unbidden to top up water glasses from the bottle on the table. If the bottle is on the table, the guests are quite capable of topping up their own glasses in their own time. Except for outstanding desserts, the evening was not up to the Bistrot's usual standards. However, we will be back, filled with optimism.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shedinesVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went here to get in the mood for an up-coming trip to Paris. The food was very good and the European charm of the décor enhanced our experience. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and hospitable. Overall this was a delightful experience for our entire party.Special Features:
- Wonderful night-GREAT FOOD.WewillgoagainDined on 7/17/2014We had a most enjoyable nightand and the food was exceptional. Really worth the drive at 5 on a week night. There were four of us and we each had a different meal with appetizers and dessert. All of it was fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant! Compliments to the chef and the staff. Everything was spectacular.Special Features:
- Fierce FrenchPhillythropistVIPDined on 7/14/2014This place is mind blowing. From the gougeres at the outset to the hand-made chocolates adorning your bill at the end, and every little single delectable in between--garlicky escargot, boeuf bourguinon, pillowy scalloped potatoes, and the bread! Just go. Sit on the red banquets in the prettiest yellow dining room with an open kitchen and let them blow your mind.Special Features:
- Back in FranceMitchdishVIPDined on 7/14/2014Having recently been to France I was itching for a renewed taste. La Minette's celebration of Bastille Day did exactly that. The food was excellent, even better than Paris! Thecwait staff was attentive without fawning and the second course buffet was lovely, particularly the confitte. I'll be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchyDined on 7/14/2014I am never dissapointed when I go here. They always have an authentic scrumptious Bastille menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vive la FranceJohnnyDeeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great Bastille Day menu/ price excellent variety of salads and entree choices. Delicious food. Have been here several times, love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSherzVIPDined on 7/13/2014We went for their Bastille Day special menu, and as always, it was great. This is a little French Bistro right in Bella Vista. From the decor to the French cafe songs to the food, it's a comfy, homey, around-the-corner kind of place. The food is always great. Don't be put off by the fact that it's French food -- it's not smothered in cream sauce or anything like that; more like country French home cooking. I got the simple roast chicken - it was perfect, a touch of tarragon in the sauce served on the side, and moist and tender. My companion ordered the salmon - moist, perfectly cooked. The potatoes au gratin are to die for! Don't skip dessert. We'll be back - again and again, and again.Special Features:
- great placeBillybudDined on 7/12/2014everything was very good. I had mussels they were out standing escargot also very good went for our 39 anniversary we were not disappointed. Service christina very helpful and pleasant. All and all great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1psuVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food and service-excellent. Ambiance was too European for me. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Totally French!FoodLionessVIPDined on 7/9/2014I thought I wandered into France the other night at Bistrot La Minette, from the menu (escargots!) to the unisex toilettes with a single shared sink. No roller towels, but cloth towels. Buttery Bibb lettuce salad dressed with a perfect mustard vinaigrette, spring pea soup intensely green, grilled sardines. Despite the intriguing wine list, we shared an utterly drinkable house white. A mini-vacation so close to home.Special Features: