1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: (303) 825-3232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (220)romantic (209)great for outdoor dining (204)fit for foodies (203)neighborhood gem (116)notable wine list (113)great for brunch (90)good for groups (39)great for lunch (35)hot spot (29)late-night find (23)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Continues to impressWillTVIPDined on 11/21/2014Love their menu, their bread, their cocktails, wine and service! The Domaine Amido Lirac recommended by our waiter was a great fit across the buffalo special and the quail and was greatly appreciated! We live in Boulder so don't go a nearly as we'd like, but we always dine there before a performance at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. There are other great options downtown, but we always come back to BV!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-opera dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Took two of my high school students here as a culminating activity for their class. Food was incredible. They said they felt like it was in France! The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great.BistroBrunchinDined on 11/16/2014Love the food and atmosphere. Definitely will return. Great for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great menu.....steadycustomerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Thanks to this team of chef owners....you have consistently done a great job and we always count on a little feeling of FRANCE when we visit you.....it was a delight and keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkobojibelleVIPDined on 11/15/2014Brunch was good as usual although because I had some dietary restrictions my omelette was not as yummy as I expected. My friends quiche was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely eveningLDKSVIPDined on 11/14/2014Always enjoy. Outside, Inside, the bar... Never disappointed. Highly recommend if you want to feel like you are back in France. I love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little RestaurantGoldenJoeVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I tried Bistrot Vendome for the first time on Friday for a light meal before a concert. It was perfect. Great food, good service, very friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find during visit to DenverJcbooreDined on 11/11/2014I was visiting Denver for a quick meeting and looking for a place for dinner. I found Bistro Vendome on Open Table and almost all of the reviews were very good. The quality of the food preparation was outstanding and the portion sizes were perfect...not too large...just right. The service was also very friendly, attentive and knowlegable. I would definitely visit again when in Denver. The night I was there it was 5 degrees and snowing, so the outdoor patio wasn't open. It looked like it would be a cool place to sit and eat when the weather is more temperate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2014Steak frites and chicken for our anniversary dinner. Great deal on bottle of Rose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Ambiance "okay"RosieDenverVIPDined on 11/9/2014Weather permitting the outdoor patio is fantastic - food is very good - wine list is okay - but the ambiance just seems too quiet - no spark. We had to request that the restaurant turn up the music so we weren't sitting in a "dead" space. There needs to be some thought on the restaurant's atmosphere. Music - what type? The space lends itself to classical or guitar or ?Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Arranged a special trip to Denver over the weekend just so we could have Brunch at the Bistro Vendome. The menu offerings are unique and prepared to perfection. A taste treat for sure. The server was well informed and polite. The food arrived hot and in a timely manner. Wish we lived closer so we could visit more often.Special Features:
- Don't understand the hypeDixonOrmosDined on 11/8/2014Overall a pretty poor experience. Was seated 25 minutes after our reservation time, only to sit at the table for another 15 minutes. Finally flagged down a server Appetizers were lacking flavor, and entrees weren't much better. Service was terrible. Won't be returning
- Simply delicious!SusiqVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was DELICIOUS!! We shared the chicken liver pate appetizer and it was amazing as were the scallops and mussels we had as a main course. They were memorable they were so good! YUM!!!Special Features:
- Patio in November!JohnindenverVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a marvelous lunch ON THE PATIO on November 8. With the cooperation of Denver weather, the staff provided splendid service and the kitchen did its usual excellent job. We keep returning because this restaurant has definitely stood the test if time.Special Features:
- Looks great, butAC33VIPDined on 11/7/2014This was our third, and last, time here. It all LOOKS great, but the food is mediocre (fish and fois gras overcooked, meat undercooked;) wine list provincial and overpriced; and the service vacillates between absent, snooty and overly familiar . With the restaurant half-full, you shouldn't have to watch waitstaff float around tweaking table settings while you wait 10 minutes for someone to come fill water glasses and ask if you'd like a drink/menu. It's a pretty place, and they make a great martini, but the menu and cooking are a disappointment.
- Perfect French delicacyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2014The food was great. If we were staying longer we would go back to try other dishes. We are all foodies and were wowed. The waiter was charming and food and wine spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Francophile0708Dined on 11/6/2014Bistro Vendome is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. I chose the venue for a special date, and it didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Theater Nightdineout2niteDined on 11/6/2014Easy walk from Denver Center for Performing Arts. Wait staff was very attentive and the food was AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulgreateatsDined on 11/5/2014This was one of our best ever dining experiences (and we've eaten in top-rated restaurants in the United States and elsewhere). The service was extraordinary and the meal selections superb. We seemed to have picked an evening when business groups met at Bistro Vendome, but the largest such was accommodated in a separate area. Still our room was not quiet and my wife, who wears hearing aids had some difficulty entering into the conversation. That was the only discordant note in an otherwise lovely dining experience. We brought a business card from this restaurant home and will clearly choose to east there again.Special Features:
- good as usualjudyVIPDined on 11/5/2014We always eat at Bistro Vendome before the theater. My husband loved his steak/frites. I ordered the special cod with roasted veggies. The fish was 3 inches thick and to me, the center was not thoroughly cooked. it was such a large portion that I ate around the edges and didn't want to create a fuss sending it back. But it was disappointing--probably the first time this has ever happened at this restaurant. We will still continue to return and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Our restaurant of choice before attending the theater. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedLisaDined on 11/3/2014Great dining atmosphere. Food was sophisticaed and nicely served. Our server was friendly, graciously efficient and knowledgeable about the menu and wines .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the play...tandcDined on 11/2/2014Following a matinee at the Buell Theater, my wife and I had an early dinner at the Bistro. The food, service and ambiance was a perfect end to a wonderful afternoon. Given a choice - pick the trout! Wonderfully prepared and sumptuous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont sit by the doorOver60VIPDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed a lovely brunch BUT sat by the door leading to the outside eating area where it was a bit too brusk for the regulars but some latecomers had no choice. Needless to say, the door did not always go closed and the breeze was cold. I love this restaurant and will continue to go there but NOT sit by the door!
- DavoDined on 11/2/2014It was a good choice, but not a great one. Service was poor, and food seemed to have declined a bit since last there a year ago. There are so many other restaurants from which to choose. It may be awhile before we consider going back. It was my birthday, and I had high expectations which were not met. Somewhat of a disappointment for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdeleDined on 11/1/2014Excellent, enjoyed the ambience and the food. Perfect before the BalletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't wow meMarkADined on 10/31/2014Wife and I came here before a show, staff was very nice, but we were never given any menus apart from the wine list. This gave the impression that the 3 specials the waiter mentioned were all that was on offer for the night. The overall ambiance was OK. Very focused on the wine list and catering to an older crowd. You're better off going across the street to Corridor 44.Special Features:
- Bistro Vendome is a GemLyovushkaDined on 10/31/2014From ambiance to the menu, from unobtrusive service to fresh appeals to the palette, from the American music Parisians have long favored to the relative quiet allowing for private conversation, from romantic atmosphere to just-off-the-main-street calm, Bistro Vendome has it all. I recommend it without qualification. A lovely placeSpecial Features:
- Good food, not so great service.NukeDined on 10/29/2014Even with a reservation, my party of 2 waited 25 minutes on a weekday evening while several tables sat empty. Wait staff was slow to greet us; we finally had to ask another wait staff to send our server to order. Wait staff seemed disorganized. Bread came towards end of meal. I normally tip 20% but not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful birthday dinner!kcdinerDined on 10/25/2014My sisters and I met in Denver for a weekend getaway and to celebrate my 40th birthday. Bistro Vendome was recommended to us by a good friend. We had a terrific meal! Though it was busy, we could all hear each other as we talked and enjoyed our food. The seasoning on the french fries was incredible and the desserts were amazing! We didn't feel rushed and the waiter did a good job checking in with us but not hovering. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureeaterofthingsdeliciousDined on 10/25/2014This is one of my wife and I's favorite romantic spots. Though it's located in busy Larimer Square, it's tucked away nicely to give it a sort of isolated feel. The food, the drinks, and the service is always of exceptional caliber. We'll be dining here for as long as we live in Denver, which very well could be forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miltyDined on 10/19/2014GREAT FIND. I would recommend this to everyone. Waite stake is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BV is my first choice for brunchSherryPDined on 10/19/2014Bistro Vendome never fails to provide the ultimate patio brunch experience. A perfect fall day provided me and my guests a connection to nature; Bistro Vendome provided a memorable meal. It was my Friend Helen's birthday so she got a birthday card signed by the restaurant staff and a coupon for a free drink at the future date.Special Features:
- aDCfavDined on 10/18/2014Never disappoints. Friendly, welcoming, service always good, food fresh and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Remarkable Dining ExperiencePassionateaboutDiningDined on 10/17/2014It was simply a remarkable dining experience. We were seated in a quaint and cozy dining area with an ambience that lends well to intimate conversation. The menu supported a perfect variety and balance of French cuisine with an extremely supportive wine list. I truly appreciated the intuitiveness of the waiting staff for recognizing and pleasantly accommodating our dining preferences with recommendations that were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everChrisFieldVIPDined on 10/16/2014Earlier this week my wife and I dined at Bistro Vendome. It was a gorgeous autumn evening and we chose tot eat outside in the courtyard. Many other diners did the same thing as every available table was occupied. My wife and I enjoyed our dinners [she the mussels and I the Scottish salmon]. tyhere are a number of downtown restaurants at which we eat on a regular basis and BV is one of them. This week's meal--as well as all the ones we've enjoyed there in the past--was well prepared and served in a timely fashion. My only misgiving about BV is that i wish there were more wines by ther galss offered at $7 and $8 rather than the all too freuent $9-$10-$11 which seem to be pervasive these days. Nevertheless, we will be cabk to BV soon.Special Features:
- Tiny RomanceDman85Dined on 10/11/2014What do I mean by "Tiny Romance"? Bistro Vendome is a small restaurant that allows for a nice romantic night out, without waiting forever to get your food, wait to be served, or worrying about the other diners around you. It allows for romantic seating inside or outside, although the inside doesn't quite have the space desired, still provokes an intimate dinner with your partner. Soft lighting and a large wine and champagne selection make this restaurant fantastic for wino's and non-wino's alike. Wearing a nice formal casual get-up will make this night unforgettable when coupled with the smells and tastes that the excellent, ever changing, menu brings to the table. Eating here is highly encouraged, but beware, you may get addicted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sense of time forgottenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/11/2014For those who want a leisurely brunch that seduces you into staying for a couple hours enjoying the moment, this is the place. Understated beautiful dining room with cozy outdoor area. The food is fantastic along with the hangover drinks. Two hours will pass and you won't realize it as you relax and savor the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelliOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Again Bistro Vendome delivers. Best mussels in town. Delicious local cheeses and a pear sorbet to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Second visit to restaurant. Tasty food, wonderful service and delicious drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.