1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: 3038253232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (226)special occasion (223)romantic (219)fit for foodies (199)notable wine list (113)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (91)good for groups (32)hot spot (29)great for lunch (28)scenic view (27)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- A Remarkable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was simply a remarkable dining experience. We were seated in a quaint and cozy dining area with an ambience that lends well to intimate conversation. The menu supported a perfect variety and balance of French cuisine with an extremely supportive wine list. I truly appreciated the intuitiveness of the waiting staff for recognizing and pleasantly accommodating our dining preferences with recommendations that were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everChrisFieldVIPDined on 10/16/2014Earlier this week my wife and I dined at Bistro Vendome. It was a gorgeous autumn evening and we chose tot eat outside in the courtyard. Many other diners did the same thing as every available table was occupied. My wife and I enjoyed our dinners [she the mussels and I the Scottish salmon]. tyhere are a number of downtown restaurants at which we eat on a regular basis and BV is one of them. This week's meal--as well as all the ones we've enjoyed there in the past--was well prepared and served in a timely fashion. My only misgiving about BV is that i wish there were more wines by ther galss offered at $7 and $8 rather than the all too freuent $9-$10-$11 which seem to be pervasive these days. Nevertheless, we will be cabk to BV soon.Special Features:
- Tiny RomanceDman85Dined on 10/11/2014What do I mean by "Tiny Romance"? Bistro Vendome is a small restaurant that allows for a nice romantic night out, without waiting forever to get your food, wait to be served, or worrying about the other diners around you. It allows for romantic seating inside or outside, although the inside doesn't quite have the space desired, still provokes an intimate dinner with your partner. Soft lighting and a large wine and champagne selection make this restaurant fantastic for wino's and non-wino's alike. Wearing a nice formal casual get-up will make this night unforgettable when coupled with the smells and tastes that the excellent, ever changing, menu brings to the table. Eating here is highly encouraged, but beware, you may get addicted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sense of time forgottenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/11/2014For those who want a leisurely brunch that seduces you into staying for a couple hours enjoying the moment, this is the place. Understated beautiful dining room with cozy outdoor area. The food is fantastic along with the hangover drinks. Two hours will pass and you won't realize it as you relax and savor the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelliOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Again Bistro Vendome delivers. Best mussels in town. Delicious local cheeses and a pear sorbet to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Second visit to restaurant. Tasty food, wonderful service and delicious drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesgreatfoodlovestoeatDined on 10/10/2014As always, the food was excellent and every bit as good as last time.Special Features:
- PecosbullDined on 10/9/2014Had to ask for service after waiting 20 minutes after being seated. Very good service after that. The duck was a bit over cooked and the chicken not the most tender. Very comfortable place and great wine list. Will give it another chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, lackluster serviceNateDined on 10/7/2014Had reservations for 7:30 and were promotly seated, hostess staff was fantastic. During our dining experience, our server was switched on us after ordering appetizers. He mixed drink orders up, was not very active in checking in the table and it took over an hour to receive our main course. Nothing TOO terrible, just had high expectations goin in. May give it another shot.Special Features:
- Awesome placeSushservDined on 10/7/2014If you are looking for amazing food for half the price of a place like mortons ,go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/7/2014The evening startedwell. However, once our order was taken, the servers were inattentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Fav Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014We've been going here for years and love it every time. Great service, fantastic food. Love the patio!Special Features:
- HeatherDined on 10/5/2014So far, I have eaten two things on the brunch menu - croquet monsieur and the French onion soup. Both were done well, I've just had better and at a better price! These are two of my favorites, so it was disappointing. I was looking for a closer restaurant than Colo Spgs for great French Onion Soup, as La Baguette does. The outside eating is in a fabulous location, the wait staff does an excellent job and the prices are only moderately high. Still a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- VibetomclDined on 10/4/2014I've been to the restaurant perhaps eight times. I confirmed our reservation for Saturday night. We were about 7 min. late. The restaurant was crowded, but there were some empty tables. It was really strange - it seemed as if the whole staff was extremely stressed. We stood for 10 min. or so before anyone greeted us - they disappeared without a word - then five or so min. later another person greeted us and it almost seemed as if we were a problem - no one smiled - no one was friendly. The whole vibe was strange. I concluded that something really upsetting must have happened earlier at the restaurant. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceDaveDined on 10/4/2014We went for lunch on a very pleasant fall day. This was our first visit and we were very pleased with both the variety and taste of our orders. Service was timely, but not rushed. The server and others were extremely attentive, knowledgable, and made satisfying menu suggestions. The flavors were unusual and very appealing. It's a restaurant we will definitely try again soon.Special Features:
- Superb all around.FrequentParisvisitorDined on 10/3/2014Superb all around. The wine pairings worked really well with the menu. Lots of subtle flavors blended beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014If you are a Francophile, Bistro Vendome is an excellent place to get a taste of France in Denver. The ambiance is charming, with its off-street location, terrific outdoor seating area and Parisian bistro decoration. The food, wine and service were all outstanding. The restaurant was busy on a Wednesday night, so reservations are highly recommended. And since it is on the busy restaurant block of Larimer Street, parking can be a challenge. There is a valet for the various places in that block on the north side of the street, opposite Bistro Vendome, toward the middle of the block.Special Features:
- Very nice!SchultzDined on 10/1/2014we had a great meal. our server, Kate, was a super star.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and ServiceHeavnerDined on 9/29/2014I had high expectations for this service going in, and the staff did not disappoint. I was throughly impressed with the attention to detail, from the placement of the silverware they bring out before each course, to the apparent thought that goes into each dish. All the little details like the bread you get throughout the meal, to the extra frites we got with our mussels were great additions to the meal. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/28/2014It seemed to us that the menu had changed significantly. The menu now matches many menus around town-little genuine food surrounded by or mixed with fluff. We asked for a small beef filet-not available. then we asked for lamb chops, or pork tenderloin-not available. Then duck-not available. Finally we asked for a simple fish like sole-not available (only fish were mussels as an appetizer, and a scallops and salmon mix as an entree) We have been fans of Bistro Vendome and have visited many times.Special Features:
- DisappointinggcraigVIPDined on 9/28/2014Was excited to try a French bistro in downtown Denver. Patio entry and decore held good promise when we walked in. However the service and the food was a big disappointment. The escargot appetizer was like Campbell's soup with tasteless escargot added. The server forget two items completely. The steak frites was good though. Was dining there with a friend who is GM of a major Colorado boutique hotel and his comment was "never again." While this place held promise the service and food quality failed to live up to that promise. We won't go back.
- Friendly warm atmosphere.GoodieDined on 9/27/2014Really good french style food. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The dining was a warm and friendly atmosphere. We had made reservations online and when we arrived 10 minutes early we were seated right a way. Service was great and we all enjoyed the eating experience. We will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversaryMANDERSDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing. Trust the wait staff to make excellent recommendations. Make reservations!! We did. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningHedonistaVIPDined on 9/27/2014I'd been to the restaurant several times for lunch but, we were there for dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were greeted promptly by a very friendly & helpful receptionist. We had a wonderful seat on the patio. The courtyard is very attractive in the evening! Our service was excellent, as was the food. My husband started with the mussels & I with the Crepe Vendome which were both excellent. He had the duck entree & I the Steak Frites Classique. Both of us enjoyed our entrees. However, I'd prefer the frites if they were not sweet. I believe they may be drizzled with honey & I prefer them savory. Our waitperson suggested a nice bottle of red wine and it was perfect with our meals. Next time we'll save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Great good and great ambianceamesmieDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant has very tasty food and a very romantic, beautiful ambiance. We sat outside and it was such a lovely atmosphere. The service is of course fantastic as well. I highly recommend this place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsagegirlDined on 9/26/2014After dining at Bistro Vendome numerous times in the past I was really excited to go to my little slice of heaven. As usual the ambiance was private, beautiful, quiet after getting off Denver Streets. I ordered the steak tartar for my guest and myself to split. It was ok, wasn't spiced as well as it could have been, and the toast points were a bit hard. The French bread they served was just a bit too crusty, like it was left in the oven maybe 5 minutes too long. I ordered the Scallops, which were nicely seared on the outside but almost raw on the inside. I'd say a rare plus on the interior. The steak frites my guest ordered were the roquefort sauce choice, and the steak and sauce had great flavor, but the steak itself was super chewy.Special Features:
- Solid French CuisineshaneDined on 9/21/2014The waitstaff is wonderful, and the ambiance is perfect for a nice date or special occasion. You'll note that most of the diners are couples (of all ages).Special Features:
- Real Cafe experience!BestBistroinDenverDined on 9/21/2014The Bisrto is set back from the main street, creating a European style hall that opens into a lovely café with great indoor and outdoor seating. Additionally, there are some cute shops that flank the restaurant and add to the view. The service was outstanding. Kate was friendly, cheerful, and helpful with recommendations. The food was fantastic! A real French brunch! Don't be afraid if someone in your group isn't big on French cuisine...the group at the adjacent table had two people that went the tame (lame) route of asking for just plain eggs and bacon, which they were pleased with. If you're in Denver for any amount of time, definitely GO HERE!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014We sat on the patio which is in kind of an atrium created by the surrounding buildings. The temperature was comfortable and every once in a while a light breeze sent a romantic flurry of flower petals down from the surrounding trees. I had Steak Tartare for the first time and I was not disappointed. It was nice and tangy. My pork chop was cooked perfectly and very tender. The Foie Gras melted in my mouth and the grilled baguette it was served on dripped butter (a good thing). The wait staff was very friendly and we did not have to wait for anything. I was a bit disappointed in the wines by the glass (all French of course) despite the server's helpful suggestions. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the great California wines I've been drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below previous experienceCTJPDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at Bistro Vendome previously and it was a very good experience. This time was a disappointment--service was extremely slow, as it took an hour for our food to come out. I think the wait staff was hiding from us because of the slow performance in the kitchen. Food was tasty, but one of our entries seemed to reflect a shortage of food in the kitchen? I like this place but this time around was a sub-par experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We started off with the French onion soup, the best I've ever had. Just the right amount of sweet to savory. We both had steaks for dinner. I had the classic with bernaise sauce. It was cooked perfectly and the fries had a sweetness combined with them. So surprising! But delicious. I had to rate this experience with 4 stars because the service was horrible. It took our server a good 10 minutes to greet us. Then when we were trying to get our bill paid we mentioned we were in a hurry and it took 25 minutes to receive it, pay it, and leave. She had forgotten we had given her a certificate in the beginning and charged our card then took Another ten minutes to get that fixed. It was a shame. Great food but less than mediocre service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwasy a first class experienceNancyDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful setting. We dined in the back patio. Felt like we were in the south of France. Excellent service, had our table ready when reserved, did not rush us, food fabulous and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to Bistro VendomeDenvernewcomerDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I returned to Bistro Vendome and hit a late summer warm evening - so we opted for sitting outside which was so very lovely. We had been there last in March for my birthday with a group of 9 and enjoyed our meal. But I must saying being there on this late warm evening with just the two of us was lovely and just what we needed at the end of a hectic week. Our very competent waitress and all the servers were first-class. The food was wonderful - even better than we remembered. We both had the special - a sole meuniere - truly melted in our mouths and the asparagus was perfect as the side. The recommended rose was gorgeous. We will definitely be back. We remembered a similarly delicious sole in Southern France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently Exceptional!OkobojibelleVIPDined on 9/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants. The food and service are excellent. I need some accomodation because of food allergies and they were very kind about it. I keep going back because the do such a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris, Anyone ?IwillbebackDined on 9/17/2014Bistro Vendome is a favorite of ours, especially for a pre theatre dinner. The food is always delicious, the bread is fantastic and the very professional yet personal service can not be beat ! My only comment about the food, and this seems to be on a regular basis, is that every dish was WAY too salty. I feel that this detracts greatly from the overall enjoyment of the food … we still love coming for dinner.Special Features:
- Less than usualPastelCalicoDined on 9/17/2014A friend and I dined before the theater. Bistro Vendome always does a great job of accommodating this. The waiter was quite attentive, but the food was less than its usual exceptional fare. I had the pork chop, which was very good, but the zucchini gratin was watery and lacked some seasoning. My friend had the salmon which she said was excellent; however, the stuffed squash blossom left much to be desired. It was heavily coated in a batter and looked more like a jalapeno popper than a squash blossom. It was stuffed with the same veggies as served with the dish; no contrast of flavors.Special Features:
- A downtown exceptioncoreanapoblanaDined on 9/14/2014While the food was on the salty side, we were pleasantly surprised how well everything was cooked and prepared for this being a downtown establishment. After a string of bad food experiences downtown, my spouse and I vowed to return only for special occasions with out of town guests -- now we have an exception to the rule with BV! Our favorite dishes were the moules et frites (there's a Sunday special, making it even better) with the most AMAZING fries. We also had the steak au poivre with green beans -- also the only good steak I've had in Denver outside our home (my spouse's steaks have ruined me!). Just when I thought I ate all I could, the delicious creme brulee & banana crepes made their way into my belly -- totally recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a long time favoriteluvbistrovendomeDined on 9/14/2014We love Bistro Vendome EVERY time we have the chance to dine here!! We love brunch, dinner, dessert and the wine list and the great service!Special Features:
- Greeat way to spend the morningjerseyguyDined on 9/14/2014The terrace was quiet, shaded and warm. The food and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SidneyDined on 9/13/2014Greeter was surly. To tell a customer 'I have no idea when your table will be ready' 20 minutes after the table was booked for is not acceptable. Food was ok - but some strange dishes. Waiter was clumsy and from where we were sitting we had a very clear view of a kitchen with rubbish on the floor. Not an experience we would want to repeat.