1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: 3038253232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
365 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (241)special occasion (229)romantic (228)fit for foodies (201)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (104)notable wine list (103)great for lunch (35)scenic view (32)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- A downtown exceptioncoreanapoblanaDined on 9/14/2014While the food was on the salty side, we were pleasantly surprised how well everything was cooked and prepared for this being a downtown establishment. After a string of bad food experiences downtown, my spouse and I vowed to return only for special occasions with out of town guests -- now we have an exception to the rule with BV! Our favorite dishes were the moules et frites (there's a Sunday special, making it even better) with the most AMAZING fries. We also had the steak au poivre with green beans -- also the only good steak I've had in Denver outside our home (my spouse's steaks have ruined me!). Just when I thought I ate all I could, the delicious creme brulee & banana crepes made their way into my belly -- totally recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a long time favoriteluvbistrovendomeDined on 9/14/2014We love Bistro Vendome EVERY time we have the chance to dine here!! We love brunch, dinner, dessert and the wine list and the great service!Special Features:
- Greeat way to spend the morningjerseyguyDined on 9/14/2014The terrace was quiet, shaded and warm. The food and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BowWowBowWowDined on 9/13/2014Excellent Pomme Frites, best we have ever had since we moved from San FranciscoSpecial Features:
- Beautiful and knowledgable!ReneeSwickDined on 9/13/2014BV has the most beautiful patio tucked away from the Main Street of Larimer! There patio is so charming and quaint, not to mention there cozy bar. The food is impeccable, as well as there servers knowledge of the menu and wine list. We've dined here before and they have never disappointed. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary DinnerGregDined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Denver, fairly consistent food and service. We had a beautiful evening and the food was spectacular. As usual waitress made a great wine recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theater dining spotCurlysueDined on 9/11/2014The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our party and our time constraints with theater that evening. Our party grew from 4 to 6 and they did everything they could to accommodate us. Simple and delicious menu. Food was well prepared and presented perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMommaDined on 9/8/2014I brought a friend from out of town to Bistro Vendome for dinner on Monday night. We didn't sample much off your menu as we opted only for Steak Frites and wine. What we did have was delicious and, of course, the ambiance on your beautiful patio just can't be beat. Our service was a bit slow but it just allowed us more time to catch up with each other and to enjoy a beautiful Denver evening.Special Features:
- Great for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Took my lady out to this place--very pleasantly surprised. Ask for the patio, but even if you have to sit inside it's a great romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dining experiencediningbuddyDined on 9/7/2014Bistro Vendome continues to provide a unique culinary experience in amazing courtyard tucked into bustling Lodo. amazing service, great wine list and food is spectacular. Well thought out dishes that please the palate and presentation is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in VendomeBirthdayfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Dining at Bistro Vendome was a relaxing and delicious experience. The ambiance of the restaurant overall was charming and warm. The steak tartare was delicious and the salade marche was refreshing. The Halibut en papillote was light and flavorful, but the Confit duck was probably our favorite. Because it was my birthday, we were given a free dessert (plum tarte) as well as a birthday card signed by the staff. It also contained vouchers for free dessert and drinks on my next visit. Bistro Vendome definitely takes the initiative to make their guests feel special and the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Favorite downtown Denver restaurantAzcolawDined on 9/6/2014Bistro Vendome is a consistently excellent choice. The ambience is awesome and food delicious. Great service. Very charming restaurant with outstanding food.Special Features:
- Delectable!FoodieonoccasionDined on 9/6/2014The waitress was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and when we took her suggestions to heart, we were not disappointed! The food was delicious and a perfectly balanced brunch. The ambiance was very classical and romantic in nature, making it a wonderful meeting spot for small groups or a quaint date spot. The outdoor table were secluded and quiet and I felt as though I was in Europe instead of Denver. Overall, excellent experience, and I will definitely be dining at Bistro Vendome again!Special Features:
- Good French cuisineRoxxsamDined on 9/4/2014Good unusual food. Excellent service and very accommodating waiters.Special Features:
- Excellent bistro for anniversaryYagoDined on 9/2/2014It was a great choice for us on a pleasant week night out. The outdoor court yard dining reminded us of the French bistros in Quebec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, decent food.ControlroomlevelDined on 8/31/2014This place has the best patio and the restaurant is nestled into this little spot and the whole place is just gorgeous and perfect. The service was fine, usually restautants celebrating french food set the bar a little higher but it was fine. My only real negative was the food needed salt. And I've noticed that at both bistro vendôme and the owner's euclid hall, I got undercooked eggs. Both my poached egg at the bistro and my sunny side up at the hall had egg white that was raw. This is me nitpicking though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Night outFamilyOutingDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and the service was good. The restaurant was a bit crowded, but added to the feel of eating in a small bistro in France. Great beer and wine list to compliment the food.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectations!CastlePinesCarolDined on 8/30/2014It had been too long since we had dined at Bistro Vendome, and we were determined to get back there before summer ended. I am glad we made it on Saturday night, even though we had a concern the impending rain would keep us from dining on the patio. Perfect evening....and the rain stayed away. The steak frites were BETTER THAN I REMEMBERED. Yum! Loved them! Our server, Kate, was attentive and helpful, but never intrusive.Special Features:
- birthdaypresentDined on 8/30/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the garden. The duck and the steak were amazing!Special Features:
- Outstanding Bistro in DenverGldmnrDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding service and food. We dinned there for the first time during restaurant week. The bread served at dinner was wonderful...loved the crusty warm goodness of the french bread. The muscles were tasty. I had a wonderful duck confit and my wife had the trout which was excellent. We will be back. Great service not pretentious at all, wonderful warm, inviting atmosphere. Desert was equally good and inventive.Special Features:
- WonderfulDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have dined at Bistro Vendome several times over the past years. This was our very best experience in every respect.Special Features:
- garylDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food. very authentic. Bread was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was delicious but our mussels came out with half of then unopened so we had to send them back for more. Our server wasn't very attentive and seemed to just be there to take an order and that was it. Otherwise, the food was amazing and love the whole ambiance of the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneBillybobVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place is great. I had the duck and it was very good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We had a lovely dinner celebrating two birthdays. The staff were helpful in dealing with food allergy issues and attentive in all aspects of service. Our outdoor table was quiet and pleasant. This is a gem of a restaurant that we have made one of our go-to places for special events.Special Features:
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014This is the fourth visit we have made to this restaurant and it has been wonderful everytime! The salads are fresh and delicious, entrees from fish to pasta were cooked to perfection. Portion size is right on and the French press coffee a perfect ending. The service was friendly, professional and timely without making us feel rushed. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but service not so greatnomorebutterforyouDined on 8/26/2014We had dinner here during restaurant week, hostesses, managers were very friendly. We asked the waitress for extra butter, she refused To get for us and said theres enough on the table. Love this place. Great food. Just hopefully a different waitress next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroJohnM02Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful dinner during Denver's restuarant week! Unique and well prepared dishes served and presented properly! We both loved it and will be returning to sample some additional dishes. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.bbri141155Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 19th anniversary here. Awesome food and the service was great. We will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could use workjw713Dined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week & while the food was excellent, the service wasn't great. I had read online where people said they serve bread in a bag there. Our entrees were brought out & we still hadn't been served bread, and we noticed it on the other tables. So I asked and they brought us some. It wasn't even that busy as we ate at 9pm at night. Loved the crepes for an appetizer--absolutely amazing--and the rest of the food was very good too. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Bistro Vendome was the prefect location for a date night with my husband. The service was excellent and the food was exceptional. Our reserved table was waiting for us when we arrived. Our overall experience was 5 Star!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014Second time dining here-- d'lish food, beautiful dining room! Felt I was in Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wait StaffTheLettuceSnobDined on 8/25/2014Meal and service was great. The temperature of the restaurant was a bit cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous servicemidnightblueDined on 8/25/2014we visited Bistro Vendome for the third time during restaurant week - and it was our best experience yet at the Bistro. Our server was well-informed on the menu and assisted us in our choices and then suggested wines for our dishes including our preferences. Our appetizers were excellent as was my Duck entree, yet my girlfriend's entree, though well-prepared, didn't meet her expectations. Our server, sensing her disappointment, may have notified the manager who visited and recommended a new entree, their popular trout dish, which was superb and very much appreciated. We understand that this was entirely unnecessary, yet we value the manager, the server, and the restaurant for making this a memorable outing for us. Thank you for caring.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great location and wonderful ambience! The service is outstanding and the food so delicious! Bistro Vendome delivers again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful All Around!NewFoodieDined on 8/23/2014I stopped by during Denver Restaurant Week with a date and had the most amazing experience. There were plenty of options on the menu to choose from and each dish was perfect in its own way. Great flavors and fresh ingredients! The portions were perfect; I left feeling comfortably full and happy with the overall service, ambiance, and food.Special Features:
- Always amazingShugazerDined on 8/23/2014This is a place you go when you have time to enjoy the meal and the experience of dining. The two times I have been there a meal takes about 2 hours. With a bottle of wine and such great food the time flies by. Just buyer beware, if you have tickets for a show after dinner plan accordingly, it is worth it.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FallBreakinDisneyDined on 8/23/2014Every time I visit one of Jen Jasinski's restaurants, and I mean EVERY time, I walk away thinking how fortunate I was to have the experience. The food is absolutely exquisite and delicious. We sat outside on the patio on a lovely August night and I felt like we were transported on vacation because of the pace, ambience and fabulous meal. Thank you Chef Jasinski (and partner Beth) for providing Denver world class dining options.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailDivaDined on 8/23/2014The food is stellar, served beautifully, and the service is impeccable. Never waited to have our waters refilled but didn't feel like we were being hovered over. Highly recommend reservations for brunch on a weekend, the relatively small dining area will fill up. Already planning my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Celebration DinnerColoradoGalDined on 8/22/2014I had dinner here on 8.22.14 with 5 friends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my dear friend giving me one of her kidneys. The food was amazing and the service was great! We had a wonderful and memorable dinner for our celebration.Special Features: