Bistro Twenty Five @ Maple Moor Club
1128 North Street
White Plains, NY 10605Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Twenty Five @ Maple Moor Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrotwentyfive.com/
- Phone: 9144378100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:45am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:45
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: David Fierstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch
A word from Bistro Twenty Five @ Maple Moor Club
Bistro Twenty Five @ Maple Moor Club is located in White Plains. We serve Italian/American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Twenty Five @ Maple Moor Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sandy interference made this dine iOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2012The restaurant was unreachable by telephone to cancel the reservation due to Hurricane Sandy. Open Table was unable to cancel on my behalf as all 'phones and computers were down. I continued to try to call the restaurant directly but have not gotten through on their posted number.
- Went with a friend for midweekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Went with a friend for midweek dinner.. The restaurant was quiet, the manager and waitress very friendly. We shared a tasty and fresh salad. I ordered the pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage (asked for broccoli instead which they easily substituted) which was very good. My friend had an individual pizza which was not especially great. It was a little dry and the crust not particularly tasty. All in all a nice setting and food good enough I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- bad dinning experience!!!! Avoid!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012This place lacks charisma, class and good food.We were the only people there, let me repeat we were the only four people there for dinner.The restaurants location was dark, couldn't find the entrance.We went in, and there was no one to greet us.We walked inside and called out for a young waitress.It was a cold day and there was no heat in the restaurant.The service was fine.We were weary of ordering entrees, so we said to ourselves we would test the appetizers, and if they were any good we would get dinner.Appetizers was a disaster. Brick oven pizza was dry, and I swear my husband said they smelt the sauce before putting into on the pizza_not a good sign. It had way to much of goatcheese.
- this time we tried the pizzasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012this time we tried the pizzas - try something else since although wooden oven looks great pizzas are not - this place has its charm and decent food (nothing extraordinary but good value for money)Special Features:
- Great view, okay food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2012The food looked great on the website, but it was not as good as I would have wanted. It was a beautiful day and really nice to sit outside, so that out-weighed the food. However, if you are looking for a 5 star meal, this is not the place for lunch.Special Features:
- When we arrived there wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2012When we arrived there wasn't a hostess or anyone to seat us. We peeked inside through the French doors to find a couple waving us in (letting us know it's ok to come in and seat ourselves apparently) Turns out all the staff were attending to patrons in the bar, so once the waitress in there saw us seating ourselves, she and a man (not a waiter--perhaps an owner?) came out to attend to us. The food was definitely worth a return visit despite the initial experience. It was very quiet, only us and another couple in the room. Everyone else was at the bar area. I'm sure this is a great place for outdoor dining with a scenic view, but we showed up after the sun had set so we stayed inside. Will return as the food was delicious & service was niceSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food and WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012Delicious Food and Wonderful Service. Ordered the special of orichette with shrimp,tomatoes, garlic and oil and a touch of pesto and the veal saltimbocca. Both dishes were served at a perfect temperature and were so yummy. For dessert we had the lemon gelato, so refreshing, and a cannoli with ice cream. We ate inside because it was so hot but Bistro 25 has a beautiful deck with a beautiful view which we will avail ourselves of next time.Special Features:
- Terrible service; OK food.MikaDined on 6/27/2012Service was awful. There were plenty of empty tables when we arrived but the host was nowhere to be found for 15 minutes. After placing our orders, we recived our salad in short order but had to wait over 50 minutes for our entrees to arrive. Our waitress barely acknowledged us and never came over to our table to apologize for the long wait or to ask if we needed anything. Agina, this was not a busy night. After the very long wait, the only thing that made the night tolerable was that the food was good.... or maybe we were just starving by that time. To add insult to injury, they helped themselves to a nice tip on the bill. We will not be coming back.Special Features:
- Nice location but serviceJamesDined on 6/26/2012Nice location but service was horrible, waited almost an hour and 40 minutes to receive our food after being seated. Tables full of people were actually getting up and leaving prior to getting their meals because people were waiting so long. When the food finally arrived, the pasta was burnt and the meal tasted horrible definitely not worth waiting for. I would not recommend this restaurant. No manager came to the tables to explain what the problem was, an absolute horrible place for service and food.
- Food and service was not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2012Food and service was not very good. But, very enjoyable outdoorsSpecial Features:
- Bistro25 @ Maplemoore is a must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012Bistro 25 @ Maplemoore Country Club was a pleasant surprise for us. It served Italian cuisine. If you live around here, I suggest trying this restaurant. The owner is the "host", which is important. He is watching over the dining room to make sure all goes well. The mixed appetizer was delicious and the "special" Veal Chop was prepared very well. The wine list was not extensive, but just the right offerings. We cannot wait to see the wood-fired pizza oven working and making pizzas.Special Features:
- This place was amazing! TheYummyDined on 4/4/2012This place was amazing! The food was not expensive and it was delicous! The portions are large enough that you wont leave hungry and taste very fresh. It was a suprise considering its a small restaurant on a golf course! Definetly plan to go back when Im feening italian!Special Features:
- Bistro 25 blew me away!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012What a pleasant surprise Bistro 25 was! The food was outstanding...I recommend the skirt steak as it melted in my mouth. For appetizer. we had the eggplant rollatini, the stuffed mushrooms and the baked clams. Definitely worth the visit and I will be back many times...Special Features:
- Brought froends from out ofMikeVIPDined on 3/30/2012Brought froends from out of town- we all enjoyed our meals- service was attentive- good neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- huge portions, decent prices,lizzygirl1234VIPDined on 2/2/2012huge portions, decent prices, scallops really good. Salads not so tasty.
- UGH! I was so excited to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/7/2012UGH! I was so excited to try this place again. I had gone with my parents about a month or so ago. Brought my husband and my daughter Saturday night and it was below average. It almost makes me believe the main chef left or was off or something. The Cesaer Salad was different than last time. Now was very creamy and fishy and almost tasted sour. They assured us that is was a fresh batch but not like last time at all. We had to send the calamari back to....couldn't even chew/swallow them. As main course my daughter and I had the skirt steak special like last time. Last time was amazing, tender like I've never had before. This time had good flavor, but the piece was so tough. My husband enjoyed his veal parm.Also the lemon sorbet was smaller
- My third time here and I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2011My third time here and I'm still impressed with the food and service. Definitely a surprise to find in a golf course setting. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Suprisingly good findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/10/2011Beyond expectations. Expected run of the mill neighborhood tavern and found beautiful bar and dining room. Extensive menu, though not sure how they'll keep up the expense of stocking so many items with a still small clientele...a mistake too many new restaurants make. Excellent server aimed to please. Excellent salads, Branzino dish was top notch. Though restaurant says "Italian" there's a good assortment of other dishes. Good selection of wine, beer & a full bar which they did not have when they first opened a few months back. Will definitely add this restaurant to my rotation, though not cheap for a neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- A very pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/10/2011Maple Moor? Wasn't sure what to expect; but loved it! This place is new (& based on reviews had kinks to work out). My wife & I had a wonderful experience! The Chicken Scarpariello was fantastic, as was the mixed salad with apples, pears and candied nuts (we shared -- it was more than ample). The interior is intimate /charming. Just recognize that this is a small, local business. That is actually part of the charm. The owner/ maitre d' may seat you, fill your water glass and later check to see how you are enjoying your meal. Don't expect white glove service and you won't be disappointed. We found the staff very pleasant and attentive. The food was great, reasoably priced, and setting relaxed. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- I dine out A LOT and afterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/10/2011I dine out A LOT and after reading the reviews I was nervous to try this restaurant but I left AMAZED!!! One course after another was pure perfection. I was afraid to keep ordering more because I didn't want to ruin their perfect streak...lol. I had their cesear salad which was simple yet delicious. Then I had their soup of the day which was cream of broccoli with sharp cheddar cheese. SO GOOD. Then I had their special which was a skirt steak over gorgonzola mashed potatoes. Now you have to expect some chewiness to skirt steak, it's a cheap piece of meat but this piece was the absolute best i've ever had, it cut like butter and melted in my mouth. My daughter and I were fighting over the pieces. Service, ambience food GREAT!Special Features:
- Have to be honestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2011The food is good to very good, the staff friendly and attentive, but the time between courses is - given the Open Table reviews I read before dining here - obviously an ongoing problem. I will definitely go back in the hope they get it fixed because I think Bistro Twenty Five has potential but right now my advice is go if it's your sole destination for the evening and time is no factor. Management is definitely not blind to the issue (the Manager bought us a round of drinks while we were waiting for our entrees) but I'm not sure they have a solution. Hope so because it could be a great neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Consistent quality food & servicejeriVIPDined on 11/18/2011We have dined here at least a dozen times and never had an unreasonable lag-time between courses. Consistently find the food very good, the staff great and a relaxing dining experience. We keep coming back for the chef’s fabulous soups and daily specials. It’s a great neighborhood spot. And the location is so convenient, it’s just seconds off the North Street exit of the Hutch, making it great for meeting friends.Special Features:
- It was our first time at BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2011It was our first time at Bistro Twenty Five and we enjoyed it. The service was very attentive without being obtrusive. We had the branzino and strip steak which were both very tasty. The salad as an apprtizer was a good size (so the two of us shared it) but nothing special (mixed greens)Our meal was average in cost since we each had a glass of wine (which was just ok - but a decent wine list) and no dessert.Special Features:
- Most Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2011Bistro 25 is a most enjoyable dining experience. For starters the seasonal Butternut squash soup was just delicous and the classic Ceasar salad just right. For entrees we finished every last bite of the salmon with cauliflower and the capellini with peas and tomatoes. The service was extremely efficient and pleasant. A decadent tartuffo and yummy cannolis ended our meal. We look forward to returning with friends.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceMikeVIPDined on 10/21/2011We had a very enjoyable dining experience last Friday evening. Service and dinners were tasty and very professional and timely. This was our third visit and we have yet to be disappointed. Something must have gone wrong the evening of the last 3 reviews--I admit it could have been handled better by mgt. Hopefully they will learn from that experience as we live in the neighborhood and really want them to succeed- even after the course closes for the winter. Hopefully others will give it a try and enjoy the experience as we did and judge for themselves- we think it is worth it.Special Features:
- Great Experience overalljeriVIPDined on 10/18/2011Food continues to be very good and the service is fine. We have been there many times and look forward to returning for another good dinner.Special Features:
- the food was fine, but theNancyVIPDined on 10/15/2011the food was fine, but the service was awful. we were just two people and we waited over half an hour for a salad. we then got the entrees right away, but waited to get the dessert menu. When we ordered dessert (which took about 10 more minutes), the waiter came back and said the one I ordered was gone. They only had Lipton tea (most good restaurants have a selection), brought the tea and 20 minutes later brought the dessert. For 2 people to have dinner take over 2 hours is ridiculous. One other foursome left after they only had appetizers, because their entrees never came. I know the place is new, but obviously something is wrong in the kitchen.
- Gave drink order to 3 people,PhilbethVIPDined on 10/15/2011Gave drink order to 3 people, manager had to again take order 1/2 hour later. No campari, no malbec, no cabernet, no perrier or such. Got salads which were decent, waited 1 hour after that for main dishes and two were wrong. Change took another 45 minutes. Place was a mass confusion. Might have gone back if an apology was made but there was no effort to appease anybody.
- HORRENDOUS!!!SunshineVIPDined on 10/15/2011Seated 45 min. before someone came for drink order, then 45 min. before food order, 45 min. before salad course, 45 min. before appetizer course....Do you see where I'm going with this????? We were there 2-1/2 hrs before we gave up, asked for our check and left. Never got main course. Never again!! Manager kept apologizing, but no offer of a free drink or free anything! Gave us a bill for what we ate, and we left. Completly overwhelming!!
- Don't be fooled by the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2011Don't be fooled by the location at a golf course - this restaurant is the real deal. The chef is CIA trained, and he really delivers. The menu leans toward Italian, but the chef adds a modern, "New American" spin - especially with the daily specials. The newly renovated dining room is very comfortable.Special Features:
- Food continues to be greatjeriVIPDined on 10/5/2011Food continues to be great Italian cuisine. Great place for family or later with friends.Special Features:
- Decor was a bit tired looking,TriggerVIPDined on 9/24/2011Decor was a bit tired looking, but the food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- We had a delightful dinnermsjanet16Dined on 9/15/2011We had a delightful dinner at this great new restaurant. Our dinners were beautifully prepared and delicious! The help was professional and friendly. It is overlooking the golf course and so pretty and relaxing. The background music was great and put us in a good mood. We can't wait to go back to this little gem and eat on their beautiful deck.It Should be amazing once the leaves start to change. Can't wait to tell all our friends. We'll be back here!Special Features:
- A surprise treat. The food,EllieVIPDined on 9/1/2011A surprise treat. The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. We ate outdoors with a fabulous view. Not sure if inside will feel the same.Special Features:
- Consistently good food servedjeriVIPDined on 8/26/2011Consistently good food served in a warm & friendly atmosphere.
- New unexpected local gem!Zoe2000VIPDined on 8/3/2011What a find! Recommended by friends as a "must try," I took a chance, hoping for a more than adequate meal. What I received was shocking enough that I asked who was behind it all. Turns out the young chef was trained in Napa and brought in to spice up local restaurant fare. Rather like going to an unknown entity and finding a young Gordon Ramsey preparing your meal. Especially with its reasonable prices, I'll be returning. I bet that as word gets out, reservations will become difficult, prices will go up, and paparazzi will be staking out the entrance.Special Features: