Bistro St. Tropez
2400 Market St, Suite 427
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St. Tropez
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrosttropez.com/
- Phone: 2155699269x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday only for easter, mother's day, graduation, special holidays and events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Patrice Rames
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available year-round for all your private party needs. Please call 215-569-9269 for further information.
- Entertainment: Nightly (Wed.-Fri.) happy hour specials.
- Special Events: Please ask for details about our daily lunch 3-course prix-fixe for $19.97 or our dinner Chef's tasting prix-fixes for dinner; 3-courses for $38 or 5 courses for $48. Wine pairings also available.
A word from Bistro St. Tropez
Chef Patrice Rames invites you to be our guest at Bistro St Tropez. As a Philadelphia staple, we've been serving traditional Bistro fare with innovative preparations amid a stylish setting for 27 years. Whether you join us a signature martini or sparkling peach sangria at the Hudson Bar or a romantic dinner for 2 with a beautiful view of the sunset, Bistro St. Tropez finds new ways to bring the style, ambiance and flavors of Provence to Philadelphia. Overlooking the Schuylkill River, 30th Street Station, Cira Center and the Art Museum, our 4th floor dining rooms present a unique location for any dining affair. Don't forget to ask about our special chef's tasting menus. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistro St. Tropez - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Bistro St. Tropez reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (51)romantic (40)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014as a college student from the city, a large group of friends and I saw the menu and decided we'd give it a try and boy were we happily surprised! from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we had great warm and caring customer service. our server was very kind and funny and it was obvious he wanted us to enjoy our experience. the food was outstanding and the best part was our sever informed us after our meal about the regular special the resturant offers of 3 courses for about $32 or so daily, not just for resturant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014BST is one our top 3 Philly restaurants. Pro: Menu choices; quality, quantity (moderate), and presentation; staff: professional, attentive without being intrusive; ambience: beautiful rooms, moderate noise level, comfortable seating. Appreciate BYOL policy plus full bar service. Tableside ice bucket provided for our wine. Can usually park at meters steps from entrance. Occasional bonus: beautiful sunsets through window wall. Only con: We must travel 45 minutes to get there so usually go Sunday nights considering traffic.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, view & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food was simply marvelous during restaurant week. Inventive, subtle, beautiful presentation, tasted delicious. Very impressed, first experience in Philadelphia where I felt as though I could have been in France (lived in France for 10 years). Service was attentive and super friendly (but not overly familiar and joking around), staff seemed as though they really enjoyed working there. Lovely daytime view, nice spacing between tables so you didn't feel crowded or forced to listen to others' conversations, a wonderful surprise!Special Features:
- Good DinnerSteveVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for dinner with my wife during Philadelphia Restaurant Week. Food was very good and a great value. Service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Neon Restaurant Week IconOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014For me, the oddness of the location and the chintzy neon sign glowing from the window overlooking the water was a plus. The service was good despite the madness of restaurant week. We even got a small plate of some sort of tuna salad, compliments of the chef. The frisee with which it was served was dressed beautifully. The drinks were strong but good, improved with emulsion. The pate was delectable. Excellent presentation. Escargot was non-traditional, and very comforting, my whole meal was, actually, including the LAMB SHANK entree which was DIVINE. Falling off the bone. Simple, elegant. Turnips and carrots. My date's entree, the salmon wrapped in phyllo, was gorgeous. Coffee was good. Strong. I especially liked the menu design.Special Features:
- worth the waitPeteBDined on 9/12/2014We were there for Restaurant Week so it was crowded and noisy. But the food was perfectly prepared and the selection from the prix fixe menu varied enough so that it was easy to select something, no matter what you prefer. Wine selections were good and the service was geared to your preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairSwimmingDined on 9/12/2014This was the second time I was at the Bistro. The first was approximately 10 tears ago & the food was incredible. I had the pate which was dry. For my entee i dah the Strpe Bass again dry and the sauce was good but not enough.Special Features:
- loved it and GF awareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We went during Restaurant week on a Friday evening. Most tables were occupied so it was a good crowd. Our waiter was very busy and forgot our wine. After a very short wait, the manager came by to see how we were doing and I mentioned the wine. He immediately brought over the bottle. So, even though they were hopping, the service was still very good. We need gluten free food and they were knowledgeable and responsible in their recommendations. Plenty of staff even for what may have been an unexpected crowd. Great views of 30th Street station and the Schuylkill. Really had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were delighted to get a table for four at 7:30pm on a Friday night. Food was excellent. I was also restaurant week (to my surprise) so prices also excellent but with most tables full the noise level was bad. I know that is usually not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Let's start with the positives. THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE! The hanger steak and pork were amazing as were the escargots and salmon appetizers. Being restaurant week, it was very crowded and had the accompanying noise level. The crowdedness also accounted for slower service at the beginning which improved as the meal went on. The waiter was extremely pleasant and apologetic for the delays. Overall, any negatives regarding delays or noise were far exceeded by the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great food!CiufaDined on 9/12/2014Visited the place during the restaurant week. Great menu, food very good. The only thing is the location of the place. Great view but to get there you go thru furniture store. Good bier and wine selection. Overall I would recommend the place for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a findrichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Found it on Open Table years ago and never disappoints. From the welcoming staff, to the beautiful views, to the delicious food, it is a standout. This was our first visit during restaurant week. Chef Patrice had quite a varied menu beautifully prepared. We have brought many friends over the years who are amazed by this restaurant. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GretaDined on 9/12/2014Excellent lunch with great service. However, $125.00 plus lunch for three should include better quality paper or cloth napkins and table cloth.Special Features:
- AthenaDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week for the lunch special. The food was fantastic, and we left feeling quite full. The shrimp with wild rice was particularly good; the shrimp was of excellent quality and perfectly cooked. The salmon main course and chicken risotto main course were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great place for a datedatenightDined on 9/11/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was a great choice. The view was great, the atmosphere was nice and quiet and the service was great. Our waitress was really nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience was outstanding !PeptonesDined on 9/11/2014A very friendly environment. The menu was unique. The staff was very attentitive. The meal was served in a timely fashion. The wine list should include some California wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden French BistroDesigner215Dined on 9/10/2014Went during Restaurant Week. The service was top-notch with warm bread and pesto delivered practically as soon as we sat down. The waiter was incredibly friendly, and the food was tasty. It's not as stuffy as the name suggests. It was more of a casual place done right. The biggest problem is finding the place. (It's located on the 4th floor of a warehouse overlooking the schuylkill and 30th st station.) The bathroom was kind of dark, which was the only down side to the place, other than that, I plan on returning.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, bad serviceRestaurantWeekDined on 9/10/2014I went to Bistro St. Tropez for a party of 2 during restaurant week and was content with my experience. For less than $50/person, we enjoyed a wonderful 4 course menu and drinks (alcoholic). The food was great, but for a place that wasn't busy, the service wasn't that great... No one came to ask us how our meal was. No one asked us if we wanted another drink. And it took us 45 minutes or so to have our water refilled. I would have definitely spent more money on dinner if they had asked us if we wanted another cocktail or even ordered coffee with my desert if the service was better. If not for restaurant week, I'm not sure I would revisit this spot again.Special Features:
- Not a Happy CamperJoAnnDined on 9/10/2014Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my lunch. Although, Bistro St. Tropez has always been a favorite of mine, I was embarassed that I had suggested this place to friends for lunch. No one was happy with their meal. The soup was terriblel, the chicken dry BUT the dessert was terrific. This will not stop me from going to Bistro again since is has been my only bad experience over several years. I guess everyone has their bad days!
- Enjoyable lunch with friendsSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/10/20146 of us enjoyed the Restaurant Week 3-course special. The salmon in phyllo dough was the best. The cucumber gazpacho was very good. The omelette was disappointing. It sounded much better on the menu that it tasted. I loved the profiterelles. Our server was pleasant and courteous. The view of the Schuylkill River through large bright windows is a plus.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I think the Bistro offers one of the best lunch values in town. The menu has a broad and flavorful selection of salads and sandwiches or a more complex and filling entre and a bottle of wine. You cannot go wrong here. Pleasant and attentive yet respectful wait staff. Nice view of 30th Street station.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014As always, the food was delicious and the service excellent. The vibe is bright and cool. All around, the best in dining experiences.Special Features:
- NomsPenntertainerDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food and service but weird location. The scallops were the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekKanirDined on 9/8/2014I must say, it was a nice evening to come to this restaurant. The view from where we were sitting was great. The four course dinner was good, it was not my favorite, but the flavor was very nice. I enjoyed the third course mostly, with which I had the Grilled hanger steak. I will be back agian for another try of the French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014We were a little unsure of the place at first glance. It's hidden inside a home decor building, but once we reached our destination we found it quite quant & lovely. The view is great & the food even better! I could have eaten an entire vat of the escargot ... we almost stabbed the waitresses hand when she took it off the table! All in all, I can't wait to go back! French cuisine is not as scary as I thought!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!melvin1summersDined on 9/5/2014This is our 7th or 8th time here and we just love it!Special Features:
- Hidden GemcamarshallDined on 9/4/2014I came here for lunch this afternoon for a business meeting. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful! We both did the 3 course pre-fixed lunch menu for $20 - and neither of us had any complaints!What a great find! Will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been to Bistro St Tropez many times and always have wonderful meal. The staff is pleasant and the food is always good!Special Features:
- Excellent pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We tried the 5 course price fixe tasting menu with wine pairings. It was one of the best meals I've had in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French cuisineCenterCityFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you are in west center city near the river or near 30th Street Station, be aware that there is a gem of a restaurant hidden away inside the Design Center (entrance on Market St.). Bistro St. Tropez could be in any smaller French city which means it is straightforward, unpretentious, not fussy. It simply offers perfectly cooked, interesting but not complicated, dishes. The wine by the glass listing similarly is interesting and wonderful because it offers a good selection of moderately priced wines. Whites tablecloths, decently spaced tables, a room with walls in Provencal mellow yellow, and a view of the river and the train station. On a sunny day you feel as if you could be in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchMy2CentsVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have dined here several times in the past. Menu is good with a nice variety at lunch. Pre-fix lunch special for $20 was a good deal and extremely tasty - soup, parmasean chicken and dessert. Would recommend and would use again. Background music was a bit loud for conversation but asked wait staff to turn down and they did.Special Features:
- VickDined on 8/19/2014Great place for lunch. A new PECO employee and have enjoyed 3 lunchs there over the past month and service was prompt and delicious - and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid French CookingWeAreFoodies2Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived early (6:00 p.m.) on a Saturday evening, and had the sort of dated steam punk decor to ourselves. Food was solid traditional French dishes...recipes for most could be found in the 1938 Larousse Gastronomique. Small moderately-priced wine list was appropriate. Location in the design center building on the 4th floor was, on the weekend, empty, but it was moderately interesting peering in the windows of the furniture stores. There is really no view of downtown to speak of. Decor aging and worn.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, relaxing; great viewsujo820Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, carefully prepared and presented. The tomato bisque was outstanding. Lovely vegetarian medley platter for a vegetarian. Dynamic view of Schuylkill River and river walk as the sun sets and the lights go on. Quiet, romantic atmosphere. A great place to go for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findMindyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went to Bistro St. Tropez for our anniversary. The waiter didn't know that, but he treated us so well! Adjusted the windowshade twice for the setting sun, raised the thermostat on the A/C, turned down the volume on the piped-in music. And when I found the center of my otherwise-delicious salmon to appear a bit undercooked, he put that portion back in the oven for me, and then it was perfect. All the food was delicious, and the presentation was lovely. We also enjoyed the view of the Schuylkill River, even though we had to get out of our seats to really see it well. All in all, a very pleasant and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAndrewDined on 7/30/2014Love the food. It's was a lovely evening and felt well taking care off.Special Features:
- great food! great service!linda23htDined on 7/30/2014I had a wonderful experience for dinner! The food was excellent & the service was great! AND THE VIEWS!! We decided to give this place a try on a whim and so glad we did! This will definitely be one of our go-to places for dinner from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Corporate gatheringJGeorgesDined on 7/19/2014I went there with a couple of my partners and colleagues to celebrate a corporate affair and at the same time have a business meeting. The service was perfect and our table was beautifully presented. Indeed they really put the extra mile knowing it was a special occasion for our group. Passed the unusual location, which was not a problem at all, we were able to meet very conveniently from 30St Station. I had partners and colleagues coming from all over the country and abroad who really appreciated the quality of the cuisine and service. Highly recommend for groups and corporate affairs. They also offer great deals for private corporate events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentJPC4Dined on 7/17/2014The food was good as was the service, however, good luck finding the place as it is buried away inside of what seemed to be an abandoned furniture store. Location. Location. LocationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Food was excellent. Staff was very helpful. We went there for lunch. Some friends had the fabulous special, I had a great quiche, and another leveled her salad. It was a great place for lunch, and then we went shopping in the Design Center!Special Features: