Bistro St. Tropez
2400 Market St, Suite 427
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St. Tropez
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrosttropez.com/
- Phone: 2155699269x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday only for easter, mother's day, graduation, special holidays and events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Patrice Rames
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available year-round for all your private party needs. Please call 215-569-9269 for further information.
- Entertainment: Nightly (Wed.-Fri.) happy hour specials.
- Special Events: Please ask for details about our daily lunch 3-course prix-fixe for $19.97 or our dinner Chef's tasting prix-fixes for dinner; 3-courses for $38 or 5 courses for $48. Wine pairings also available.
A word from Bistro St. Tropez
Chef Patrice Rames invites you to be our guest at Bistro St Tropez. As a Philadelphia staple, we've been serving traditional Bistro fare with innovative preparations amid a stylish setting for 27 years. Whether you join us a signature martini or sparkling peach sangria at the Hudson Bar or a romantic dinner for 2 with a beautiful view of the sunset, Bistro St. Tropez finds new ways to bring the style, ambiance and flavors of Provence to Philadelphia. Overlooking the Schuylkill River, 30th Street Station, Cira Center and the Art Museum, our 4th floor dining rooms present a unique location for any dining affair. Don't forget to ask about our special chef's tasting menus. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistro St. Tropez - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Bistro St. Tropez reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (72)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (44)romantic (39)good for groups (31)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (11)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- worth the waitPeteBDined on 9/12/2014We were there for Restaurant Week so it was crowded and noisy. But the food was perfectly prepared and the selection from the prix fixe menu varied enough so that it was easy to select something, no matter what you prefer. Wine selections were good and the service was geared to your preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was the second time I was at the Bistro. The first was approximately 10 tears ago & the food was incredible. I had the pate which was dry. For my entee i dah the Strpe Bass again dry and the sauce was good but not enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were delighted to get a table for four at 7:30pm on a Friday night. Food was excellent. I was also restaurant week (to my surprise) so prices also excellent but with most tables full the noise level was bad. I know that is usually not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CiufaDined on 9/12/2014Visited the place during the restaurant week. Great menu, food very good. The only thing is the location of the place. Great view but to get there you go thru furniture store. Good bier and wine selection. Overall I would recommend the place for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a findrichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Found it on Open Table years ago and never disappoints. From the welcoming staff, to the beautiful views, to the delicious food, it is a standout. This was our first visit during restaurant week. Chef Patrice had quite a varied menu beautifully prepared. We have brought many friends over the years who are amazed by this restaurant. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AthenaDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week for the lunch special. The food was fantastic, and we left feeling quite full. The shrimp with wild rice was particularly good; the shrimp was of excellent quality and perfectly cooked. The salmon main course and chicken risotto main course were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was a great choice. The view was great, the atmosphere was nice and quiet and the service was great. Our waitress was really nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience was outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014A very friendly environment. The menu was unique. The staff was very attentitive. The meal was served in a timely fashion. The wine list should include some California wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden French BistroDesigner215Dined on 9/10/2014Went during Restaurant Week. The service was top-notch with warm bread and pesto delivered practically as soon as we sat down. The waiter was incredibly friendly, and the food was tasty. It's not as stuffy as the name suggests. It was more of a casual place done right. The biggest problem is finding the place. (It's located on the 4th floor of a warehouse overlooking the schuylkill and 30th st station.) The bathroom was kind of dark, which was the only down side to the place, other than that, I plan on returning.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I went to Bistro St. Tropez for a party of 2 during restaurant week and was content with my experience. For less than $50/person, we enjoyed a wonderful 4 course menu and drinks (alcoholic). The food was great, but for a place that wasn't busy, the service wasn't that great... No one came to ask us how our meal was. No one asked us if we wanted another drink. And it took us 45 minutes or so to have our water refilled. I would have definitely spent more money on dinner if they had asked us if we wanted another cocktail or even ordered coffee with my desert if the service was better. If not for restaurant week, I'm not sure I would revisit this spot again.Special Features:
- Not a Happy CamperJoAnnDined on 9/10/2014Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my lunch. Although, Bistro St. Tropez has always been a favorite of mine, I was embarassed that I had suggested this place to friends for lunch. No one was happy with their meal. The soup was terriblel, the chicken dry BUT the dessert was terrific. This will not stop me from going to Bistro again since is has been my only bad experience over several years. I guess everyone has their bad days!
- Enjoyable lunch with friendsSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/10/20146 of us enjoyed the Restaurant Week 3-course special. The salmon in phyllo dough was the best. The cucumber gazpacho was very good. The omelette was disappointing. It sounded much better on the menu that it tasted. I loved the profiterelles. Our server was pleasant and courteous. The view of the Schuylkill River through large bright windows is a plus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014As always, the food was delicious and the service excellent. The vibe is bright and cool. All around, the best in dining experiences.Special Features:
- NomsPenntertainerDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food and service but weird location. The scallops were the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekKanirDined on 9/8/2014I must say, it was a nice evening to come to this restaurant. The view from where we were sitting was great. The four course dinner was good, it was not my favorite, but the flavor was very nice. I enjoyed the third course mostly, with which I had the Grilled hanger steak. I will be back agian for another try of the French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014We were a little unsure of the place at first glance. It's hidden inside a home decor building, but once we reached our destination we found it quite quant & lovely. The view is great & the food even better! I could have eaten an entire vat of the escargot ... we almost stabbed the waitresses hand when she took it off the table! All in all, I can't wait to go back! French cuisine is not as scary as I thought!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!melvin1summersDined on 9/5/2014This is our 7th or 8th time here and we just love it!Special Features:
- Hidden GemcamarshallDined on 9/4/2014I came here for lunch this afternoon for a business meeting. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful! We both did the 3 course pre-fixed lunch menu for $20 - and neither of us had any complaints!What a great find! Will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been to Bistro St Tropez many times and always have wonderful meal. The staff is pleasant and the food is always good!Special Features:
- Excellent pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We tried the 5 course price fixe tasting menu with wine pairings. It was one of the best meals I've had in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French cuisineCenterCityFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you are in west center city near the river or near 30th Street Station, be aware that there is a gem of a restaurant hidden away inside the Design Center (entrance on Market St.). Bistro St. Tropez could be in any smaller French city which means it is straightforward, unpretentious, not fussy. It simply offers perfectly cooked, interesting but not complicated, dishes. The wine by the glass listing similarly is interesting and wonderful because it offers a good selection of moderately priced wines. Whites tablecloths, decently spaced tables, a room with walls in Provencal mellow yellow, and a view of the river and the train station. On a sunny day you feel as if you could be in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchMy2CentsVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have dined here several times in the past. Menu is good with a nice variety at lunch. Pre-fix lunch special for $20 was a good deal and extremely tasty - soup, parmasean chicken and dessert. Would recommend and would use again. Background music was a bit loud for conversation but asked wait staff to turn down and they did.Special Features:
- VickDined on 8/19/2014Great place for lunch. A new PECO employee and have enjoyed 3 lunchs there over the past month and service was prompt and delicious - and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid French CookingWeAreFoodies2Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived early (6:00 p.m.) on a Saturday evening, and had the sort of dated steam punk decor to ourselves. Food was solid traditional French dishes...recipes for most could be found in the 1938 Larousse Gastronomique. Small moderately-priced wine list was appropriate. Location in the design center building on the 4th floor was, on the weekend, empty, but it was moderately interesting peering in the windows of the furniture stores. There is really no view of downtown to speak of. Decor aging and worn.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, relaxing; great viewsujo820Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, carefully prepared and presented. The tomato bisque was outstanding. Lovely vegetarian medley platter for a vegetarian. Dynamic view of Schuylkill River and river walk as the sun sets and the lights go on. Quiet, romantic atmosphere. A great place to go for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findMindyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went to Bistro St. Tropez for our anniversary. The waiter didn't know that, but he treated us so well! Adjusted the windowshade twice for the setting sun, raised the thermostat on the A/C, turned down the volume on the piped-in music. And when I found the center of my otherwise-delicious salmon to appear a bit undercooked, he put that portion back in the oven for me, and then it was perfect. All the food was delicious, and the presentation was lovely. We also enjoyed the view of the Schuylkill River, even though we had to get out of our seats to really see it well. All in all, a very pleasant and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAndrewDined on 7/30/2014Love the food. It's was a lovely evening and felt well taking care off.Special Features:
- great food! great service!linda23htDined on 7/30/2014I had a wonderful experience for dinner! The food was excellent & the service was great! AND THE VIEWS!! We decided to give this place a try on a whim and so glad we did! This will definitely be one of our go-to places for dinner from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Corporate gatheringJGeorgesDined on 7/19/2014I went there with a couple of my partners and colleagues to celebrate a corporate affair and at the same time have a business meeting. The service was perfect and our table was beautifully presented. Indeed they really put the extra mile knowing it was a special occasion for our group. Passed the unusual location, which was not a problem at all, we were able to meet very conveniently from 30St Station. I had partners and colleagues coming from all over the country and abroad who really appreciated the quality of the cuisine and service. Highly recommend for groups and corporate affairs. They also offer great deals for private corporate events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentJPC4Dined on 7/17/2014The food was good as was the service, however, good luck finding the place as it is buried away inside of what seemed to be an abandoned furniture store. Location. Location. LocationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Food was excellent. Staff was very helpful. We went there for lunch. Some friends had the fabulous special, I had a great quiche, and another leveled her salad. It was a great place for lunch, and then we went shopping in the Design Center!Special Features:
- Bastille Day specialJennyferDined on 7/12/2014my friends and I came to Bistro st. Tropez because we wanted to try some French cuisine. Luckily it was during the Bastille Day weekend special, $38 for a 3 course meal. For the amount we were actually paying, I was expecting pea sized portions that would have left me complaining of hunger after i left the restaurant. Surprisingly, dinner was not only filling, but also very delicious! I couldn't finish my main course because i wanted to save room for dessert and i am really glad i did. Bistro St. Tropez is definitely a place I would like to return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and solidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I am new to the area and came here with a coworker for a quick lunch. Service was great and food was excellent! Definitely one of my favorite lunch spots since coming into this city! Will absolutely come back and have dinner there soon!Special Features:
- AMAZINGfoodforthough21Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to Bistro St. Tropez twice. The first time was with my boyfriend for NYE and not only was the food and wine pairing DELICIOUS, the ambiance was great. It is perfectly lit, the place itself is spacious, and the service is remarkable. The second time was recently (Jul 5, 2014) with a group for a friend's birthday. It was such a great choice for an intimate dinner and everyone was extremely satisfied and claimed they would return. I was only disappointed that scallops were not available on the menu because I was looking forward to having it again (that's how good they are). Instead I ordered the "Poulet" and it was so good. All the right flavors and the chicken breast had the perfect crunch. I definitely highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a regularBlaiseTravisDined on 6/27/2014I;m sure on a much busier night we might not have gotten quite the attention we got Friday night. However, knowing the goal of service is always on the mind of the staff, I'm convinced we still would have received top notch service. The food was creative, but not over-thought. The selection was balanced and not overwhelmed by too many choices and the wine list was perfect. Rare case where we got more than we paid for!Special Features:
- Tres Bonne BistrosandlunDined on 6/26/2014Setting, service, style and scrumptious food. Everyone in our large party raved about their dishes which included the phyllo wrapped salmon, the filet and the vegetarian entree. and this is no place to skip dessert either. Top votes went to the perfectly sized truffle style chocolate bombe and the apple tartin. Service was smooth and perfectly paced and the white table linens were set off beautifully by the fresh flowers and panorama window view of the sun setting over the river. And they even called cabs for us when we were ready to leave.Special Features:
- Pretty good, strange locationQueenBVIPDined on 6/26/2014I hosted a business dinner here, first unfortunate was that the bar was closed for a private party. Wish I had known that since I asked my guests to meet in the bar! And of course that made service extremely slow for our drinks. Food was mostly great, I had the scallops as an entree, on ratatouille but not one I enjoyed. The corn covering or whatever on the scallops was just weird. But other things were wonderful. You must note the location - in a building, on the 4th floor. It was empty and almost scary and we thought we were in the wrong place. Then of course had to worry about our guests so I had to go up and down to meet each guest as they arrived in case they couldn't find it. Not ideal, but had I realized I would have prepared them.Special Features:
- SGoldVIPDined on 6/21/2014To me, the first and most important consideration is if the food is both very tasty and has a nice presentation, and they hit on both! Although you can't eat ambiance, I feel that the restaurant is long over due for a makeover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, loud musicEatingOutDined on 6/19/2014We had been to Bistro St. Tropez before, and returned for dinner with someone from out of town. Because of a big group, no window tables were available, so we were given our choice of other tables--beneath air conditioning vents and noisy music. The food was fine, as we had remembered. The service was also fine. The main issue was the loud music, which was turned down once upon request, later turned up...we had to request that they turn it down three times during the course of our meal. We were surprised that the big group made little noise, but the music system volume itself was so high it was difficult to talk over dinner. Between that and the air conditioning we left satisfied with the meal itself, but in sweaters and feeling a bit deaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnertombVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our group enjoyed our meal and the service. Our server, Matthew, knew the menu very well and helped with our questions. The portion sizes are excellent, the steak and salmon cooked to perfection. We will be back!Special Features: