Bistro St. Tropez
2400 Market St, Suite 427
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St. Tropez
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrosttropez.com/
- Phone: 2155699269x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday only for easter, mother's day, graduation, special holidays and events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Patrice Rames
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available year-round for all your private party needs. Please call 215-569-9269 for further information.
- Entertainment: Nightly (Wed.-Fri.) happy hour specials.
- Special Events: Please ask for details about our daily lunch 3-course prix-fixe for $19.97 or our dinner Chef's tasting prix-fixes for dinner; 3-courses for $38 or 5 courses for $48. Wine pairings also available.
A word from Bistro St. Tropez
Chef Patrice Rames invites you to be our guest at Bistro St Tropez. As a Philadelphia staple, we've been serving traditional Bistro fare with innovative preparations amid a stylish setting for 27 years. Whether you join us a signature martini or sparkling peach sangria at the Hudson Bar or a romantic dinner for 2 with a beautiful view of the sunset, Bistro St. Tropez finds new ways to bring the style, ambiance and flavors of Provence to Philadelphia. Overlooking the Schuylkill River, 30th Street Station, Cira Center and the Art Museum, our 4th floor dining rooms present a unique location for any dining affair. Don't forget to ask about our special chef's tasting menus. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistro St. Tropez - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Bistro St. Tropez reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (97)fit for foodies (77)special occasion (63)romantic (52)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (29)hot spot (12)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- great serviceCandyGirlVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great place. The salmon tartare was perfect. The scallops were a nice surprise. The sous chef and staff were extremely accommodating to the whiny, high maintenance couple who wanted the Restaurant Week menu/price from last month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange location...great foodJimmVIPDined on 10/18/2014The location is a bit odd as it is in the Philadelphia Design Center, but the food, service, and atmosphere was really great. We got the 3 course fixed price menu with wine pairing and it was really nice.Special Features:
- First VisitRichardVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit but other couple went years ago. Wonderful food and service. Wine pairing was very nicely slected. Will return.Special Features:
- Cooking School! Very delicious!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Most delicious! Very French! Two kisses upon arrival,and two more on the way out…Feels like home! We LOVED the fresh French rolls dipped into fresh pesto almost as much as the Phenomenal Fennel Soup!!! The scallops were plump, juicy, cooked to perfection, and we happened to get them very fast, as we had a show, so we combined the soup and the pesto on the scallops! Even more amazing! The waiter, Mark, was very good…a French blonde-haired gem, who accidentally forgot my Discover card, but when we called, he met us with the card, out on Market st. when we doubled back and we miraculously still made it to the show on time, because he went out of his way to do that! Great place! Next time, more time to relax there! Love the chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulZelleDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious, server was awesome, absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014Bistro St. Tropez is a long treasured gem in the Phila dining scene. It never disappoints. The food is phenominal. Great flavors, well prepared, interesting combinations. The mushroom soup was to die for. Scallops were great, fresh and the sauce was tasty. Pork was juicy and another wonderful flavor combination. The view is great, the atmosphere calm and soothing. Service was attentive but not over bearing. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food is very good. I had the escargot and my wife the stuffed calamari.We loved it! Then as the main course I had the duck which was perfectly cooked and my wife had the scallops which were probably the best she ever had. The wine list is very French and not expensive. Love the view of the art museum and the river. Remind you of Paris!!!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGAndrewDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and great service We both had a 38 dollars three course dinner and it was fabulous!Special Features:
- Nice place for a leisurely lunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/30/2014This restaurant has good food, is not too noisy, is bright with a nice view, and has street parking. It's a very good place for a leisurely lunch with conversation. Plus it's fun to see the furniture showrooms in the Design Center.Special Features:
- Very pleasant diningDowntownBobVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our requested table was ready when we arrived. We had the tasting menu which was a great buy. The lamb shanks entree with puree of Yukon gold potatoes was superb. I have eater here at least 30 times, and it is always excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthday SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014What a phenomenal experience!!! Matthew, our server and bar manager was absolutely outstanding and helped make our Mom's 68th birthday special with his wit and knowledge. The food was undeniably some of the best in town. The view, even at night (which is not pictured anywhere) was really cool. Finding and walking through the upscale furniture to find the elevator to the restaurant –then stepping out to the floor where he restaurant was- added to the surprise and romantic and “hidden gem” feel of the evening and restaurant itself. Matthew (after learning mom was a chocolate lover) took it upon himself to bring her a desert and candle. It was a perfect evening; truly memorable.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner! Great for groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I had dinner with my girlfriends last night at Bistro St. Tropez. With our busy schedules, it can be very hard for us to get together. The Bistro was the perfect place for us to catch up over great food & awesome drinks! We had an amazing table by the window with an awesome view of the river & 30th St. Station. We were greeted by our server, Matthew as well as the chef! They sent out a complimentary amuse bouche as we looked over our menus and it was the perfect bite to start our meal! We all enjoyed everything we ordered (especially the coquille & dorade!) This is a great space for large parties or intimate dinners! We will be back again soon! Thanks for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Great foodCocoKimonoDined on 9/19/2014I came for Restaurant Week and was not disappointed. The food was great and the service phenomenal!!! I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and servicebongDined on 9/19/2014The view was amazing and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekPhillyFoodieDined on 9/19/2014GREAT place to go for restaurant week! Definitely get the bang for your buck. The food is phenomenal, the drinks are great, and the portion sizes are better than most. My boyfriend (a picky Italian who likes his food and drink!) couldn't stop talking about it even the next day. Ask for the "best seat in the house". We got lucky and were seated there and the view was to die for. We fell in love a million times over again just from the romantic scenery both inside the restaurant and out. This place can easily go unnoticed on Market Street, as it's located in an office building, but my God is it worth it!Special Features:
- Enjoyable first visitJerseymama3Dined on 9/19/2014A group of us had dinner here during restaurant week. We really enjoyed ourselves and the food was delicious. Many restaurants have limited offerings for a prix fixe menu. Not Bistro! There were 5 of us and we all had something different. We ordered salmon, steak, sea bass, pork and lamb shank. Service was excellent as was the food. The restaurant was packed. We enjoyed speaking with the chef at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!finediningDined on 9/19/2014It was tricky to find the restaurant but that's also what makes it unique (Like a hidden treasure in the city) and parking was easy to find (right outside the building). I was expecting very small portions of food but we were full (appetizer, entree, dessert). The server was really nice and jokes a little with the customers to create a friendly atmosphere. I am happy with picking this restaurant as our restaurant week choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BistroCandyGirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Lunch on Friday was a bit busier than I've ever seen it so the service was a bit slow. It was worth the wait for the food. From the grilled shrimp and corn over wild rice, to the salmon in phyllo to the profiterolles the food was wonderful. I had gone with a friend for dinner the week before and had to bring another friend for lunch. It made her want to learn how to cook, which is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Anais87VIPDined on 9/18/2014This is a great place. My server, Matthew, was amazing and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014menu for restaurant week was outstanding. food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DuckyDined on 9/18/2014The food was amazing. My first time trying two new foods and I wasn't disappointed. The service was terrific. Our waiter Matthew, who was also the head bartender, was great. I would definitely go back. My family, friend, and I had a great experience. Everything was amazing. Thank you so much Matthew and Bistro St. Tropaz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingFindingTimeDined on 9/18/2014We visited for center city restaurant week. It was a decent experience but I expect it was more because of my company than the space itself. It was like a hidden gem, tucked away in this market street building overlooking 30th street station and the water which was lovely. The wait, even with reservations, was almost 40 minutes though and then once we entered the service was so slow that the whole lunch ended up taking nearly 2.5hrs. The food was decent though, good but not great, probably a nice place for a work lunch. The drinks and desert were outstanding but overall I was sadly a bit underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Wonderful food horrible serviceCarolinep06Dined on 9/18/2014My coworkers and I decided to try this place and also take advantage of ccd restaurant week. We made and early reservation hoping to be one of first groups there. And we were! Yay! Unfortunately the room filled up quickly and you could visible notice the wait staff getting flustered. Our app and entree came timely. However, it took about an 45 minutes and asking the waitstaff 3 times for our dessert. We ultimately asked for the dessert to go and asked to pay our check, also having to ask twice for that. The was food wonderful, the service... Blah. I will not be back.
- JeopardyJopatDined on 9/17/2014Romantic settings overlooks river n good food. Chief comes out n greets u. Everyone enjoyed the nite outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Singular View, Outstanding serviceBrewerymountVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service was superb SUPERB! Food was very nice, and the view is one of the best in the city. It might be easy to miss due to the location but that ensures a spectacular view up and down the river, a gorgeous sunset, and a completely unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING french cuisine1VivDined on 9/16/2014I took the menu home after asking if I could do so. I could not have been happier with my experience. I only wish I could have fit more in my stomach.Special Features:
- Pas de deuxBernadineDined on 9/16/2014Great for either a romantic dinner or for a girlfriend lunch. Service was very good with just the right attention and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overall experiencelbauer22tustudentDined on 9/15/2014as a college student from the city, a large group of friends and I saw the menu and decided we'd give it a try and boy were we happily surprised! from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we had great warm and caring customer service. our server was very kind and funny and it was obvious he wanted us to enjoy our experience. the food was outstanding and the best part was our sever informed us after our meal about the regular special the resturant offers of 3 courses for about $32 or so daily, not just for resturant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014What a better way to enjoy your food but with a beautiful view of the city. The dessert was awesome.Special Features:
- FavoriteDined on 9/14/2014BST is one our top 3 Philly restaurants. Pro: Menu choices; quality, quantity (moderate), and presentation; staff: professional, attentive without being intrusive; ambience: beautiful rooms, moderate noise level, comfortable seating. Appreciate BYOL policy plus full bar service. Tableside ice bucket provided for our wine. Can usually park at meters steps from entrance. Occasional bonus: beautiful sunsets through window wall. Only con: We must travel 45 minutes to get there so usually go Sunday nights considering traffic.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, view & serviceJRO1Dined on 9/14/2014Food was simply marvelous during restaurant week. Inventive, subtle, beautiful presentation, tasted delicious. Very impressed, first experience in Philadelphia where I felt as though I could have been in France (lived in France for 10 years). Service was attentive and super friendly (but not overly familiar and joking around), staff seemed as though they really enjoyed working there. Lovely daytime view, nice spacing between tables so you didn't feel crowded or forced to listen to others' conversations, a wonderful surprise!Special Features:
- Good DinnerSteveVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for dinner with my wife during Philadelphia Restaurant Week. Food was very good and a great value. Service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Neon Restaurant Week IconladylawlerDined on 9/12/2014For me, the oddness of the location and the chintzy neon sign glowing from the window overlooking the water was a plus. The service was good despite the madness of restaurant week. We even got a small plate of some sort of tuna salad, compliments of the chef. The frisee with which it was served was dressed beautifully. The drinks were strong but good, improved with emulsion. The pate was delectable. Excellent presentation. Escargot was non-traditional, and very comforting, my whole meal was, actually, including the LAMB SHANK entree which was DIVINE. Falling off the bone. Simple, elegant. Turnips and carrots. My date's entree, the salmon wrapped in phyllo, was gorgeous. Coffee was good. Strong. I especially liked the menu design.Special Features:
- worth the waitPeteBDined on 9/12/2014We were there for Restaurant Week so it was crowded and noisy. But the food was perfectly prepared and the selection from the prix fixe menu varied enough so that it was easy to select something, no matter what you prefer. Wine selections were good and the service was geared to your preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairSwimmingDined on 9/12/2014This was the second time I was at the Bistro. The first was approximately 10 tears ago & the food was incredible. I had the pate which was dry. For my entee i dah the Strpe Bass again dry and the sauce was good but not enough.Special Features:
- loved it and GF awaremoenmikeDined on 9/12/2014We went during Restaurant week on a Friday evening. Most tables were occupied so it was a good crowd. Our waiter was very busy and forgot our wine. After a very short wait, the manager came by to see how we were doing and I mentioned the wine. He immediately brought over the bottle. So, even though they were hopping, the service was still very good. We need gluten free food and they were knowledgeable and responsible in their recommendations. Plenty of staff even for what may have been an unexpected crowd. Great views of 30th Street station and the Schuylkill. Really had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were delighted to get a table for four at 7:30pm on a Friday night. Food was excellent. I was also restaurant week (to my surprise) so prices also excellent but with most tables full the noise level was bad. I know that is usually not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golfer7018Dined on 9/12/2014Let's start with the positives. THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE! The hanger steak and pork were amazing as were the escargots and salmon appetizers. Being restaurant week, it was very crowded and had the accompanying noise level. The crowdedness also accounted for slower service at the beginning which improved as the meal went on. The waiter was extremely pleasant and apologetic for the delays. Overall, any negatives regarding delays or noise were far exceeded by the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great food!CiufaDined on 9/12/2014Visited the place during the restaurant week. Great menu, food very good. The only thing is the location of the place. Great view but to get there you go thru furniture store. Good bier and wine selection. Overall I would recommend the place for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a findrichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Found it on Open Table years ago and never disappoints. From the welcoming staff, to the beautiful views, to the delicious food, it is a standout. This was our first visit during restaurant week. Chef Patrice had quite a varied menu beautifully prepared. We have brought many friends over the years who are amazed by this restaurant. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.