Bistro St. Tropez
2400 Market St, Suite 427
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St. Tropez
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrosttropez.com/
- Phone: (215) 569-9269
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday only for easter, mother's day, graduation, special holidays and events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Patrice Rames
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available year-round for all your private party needs. Please call 215-569-9269 for further information.
- Entertainment: Nightly (Wed.-Fri.) happy hour specials.
- Special Events: Please ask for details about our daily lunch 3-course prix-fixe for $19.97 or our dinner Chef's tasting prix-fixes for dinner; 3-courses for $38 or 5 courses for $48. Wine pairings also available.
A word from Bistro St. Tropez
Chef Patrice Rames invites you to be our guest at Bistro St Tropez. As a Philadelphia staple, we've been serving traditional Bistro fare with innovative preparations amid a stylish setting for 27 years. Whether you join us a signature martini or sparkling peach sangria at the Hudson Bar or a romantic dinner for 2 with a beautiful view of the sunset, Bistro St. Tropez finds new ways to bring the style, ambiance and flavors of Provence to Philadelphia. Overlooking the Schuylkill River, 30th Street Station, Cira Center and the Art Museum, our 4th floor dining rooms present a unique location for any dining affair. Don't forget to ask about our special chef's tasting menus. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bistro St. Tropez - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Bistro St. Tropez reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (97)fit for foodies (80)special occasion (68)romantic (55)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (30)notable wine list (25)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Delicious food, slightly understaffed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious with many different menu options. Choice of two different tasting menus or the option of a regular menu. We did not receive one of our 5 courses and the waitress kindly adjusted the bill to fit the courses we were served. On a Saturday night there were only two servers on the floor making it a bit of a delay before we were even greeted at our table and served drinks. The hostess did a fantastic job of stepping in and helping out when she noticed after several minutes we were still sitting without being greeted by a wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Wonderful viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014On the 4th floor of the Design Marketplace on Market Street the restaurant has an amazing view looking west over University City. The staff is friendly and competent. The food is delicious. We had the cassoulet and the scallops. Both were excellent dishes and we would have them again. The restaurant was very gracious in opening a very special bottle of wine that we brought along. That made the dinner all that more special. We'd give it a 5 out of 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location once get thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014While the location of the building is not so tough to get to or out of the way, the building must be a converted factory, now with shops, interior design firms and the Bistro. and a bit tortuous to get to. Once there, a nice space. A small but very reasonably priced wine list. Most things were very good. I went for the hanger steak. Flavorfull but wished it could have been hotter. The 3 course or tasting menus looked great although we ended up not doing so. The cheese course at the end was fine. The only thing I would agree with other reviews about is it seems they are one or 2 waitstaff short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColletteDined on 11/13/2014Great food, nice view, and the service is excellent. Great place for a nice relaxing lunch during a hectic workday.Special Features:
- Great view accompanies very good foodEyeBVIPDined on 11/12/2014Very attractive room, attentive waitstaff, food well-prepared and presented. Delicious rolls and desserts as well as a good, reasonable wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, unique locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014The food was good and the service was better. The noise level was a bit high for a small restaurant. I had to raise my voice simply to talk.Special Features:
- Good lunch spot with friendsNinniDined on 10/27/2014A happy server can make all the difference and our server was happy! Food excellent, location unexpected. A all together happy experience!!Special Features:
- Delicious food in a lovely settinghulamamaDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed walking through the Design Center to get up to the restaurant. It was our first time here and it was wonderful! I had the scallops, and my husband had the swordfish. Both delicious! The pace was relaxing so we didn't feel like we had to rush through our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 10/25/2014Escargot was wonderful, but my steak had to be sent back three times as they kept cooking it raw instead of medium. Everyone elses food was done to perfection but they all finished eating by the time I was served. Also on a sat night at 7 they should not have run out of Trout. They said they had a table order 10 but who cares. Today people eat more fish and if you have been in business as long as they have they should be aware of this . Service was on top of you before you ordered then after drinks when you wanted to order they could not be found. They need to work on this and have someone on floor overseeing service and problems.
- Will Never Go BackMMMMVIPDined on 10/24/2014It's a mediocre restaurant and I would never go back. Decor is so cheap - we felt that we are having dinner at a random cheap Chinese restaurant in Chinatown in Hawaii... They claim that they are a bistro restaurant but for those who have actually eaten bistro before in your life, you will know this is not bistro by any means. People who work there are nice. We left our credit card there and they called us to let us know that they have it, however, somehow they lost it.... If you want to have good french or bistro, there are tons of restaurants in the center city which are much better than this place.
- great serviceCandyGirlVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great place. The salmon tartare was perfect. The scallops were a nice surprise. The sous chef and staff were extremely accommodating to the whiny, high maintenance couple who wanted the Restaurant Week menu/price from last month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange location...great foodJimmVIPDined on 10/18/2014The location is a bit odd as it is in the Philadelphia Design Center, but the food, service, and atmosphere was really great. We got the 3 course fixed price menu with wine pairing and it was really nice.Special Features:
- First VisitRichardVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit but other couple went years ago. Wonderful food and service. Wine pairing was very nicely slected. Will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014Bistro St. Tropez continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in the city. Weeknights are usually quiet. Service is very attentive, but not obtrusive. The food is always delicious and prepared as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooking School! Very delicious!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Most delicious! Very French! Two kisses upon arrival,and two more on the way out…Feels like home! We LOVED the fresh French rolls dipped into fresh pesto almost as much as the Phenomenal Fennel Soup!!! The scallops were plump, juicy, cooked to perfection, and we happened to get them very fast, as we had a show, so we combined the soup and the pesto on the scallops! Even more amazing! The waiter, Mark, was very good…a French blonde-haired gem, who accidentally forgot my Discover card, but when we called, he met us with the card, out on Market st. when we doubled back and we miraculously still made it to the show on time, because he went out of his way to do that! Great place! Next time, more time to relax there! Love the chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulZelleDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious, server was awesome, absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014Bistro St. Tropez is a long treasured gem in the Phila dining scene. It never disappoints. The food is phenominal. Great flavors, well prepared, interesting combinations. The mushroom soup was to die for. Scallops were great, fresh and the sauce was tasty. Pork was juicy and another wonderful flavor combination. The view is great, the atmosphere calm and soothing. Service was attentive but not over bearing. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food is very good. I had the escargot and my wife the stuffed calamari.We loved it! Then as the main course I had the duck which was perfectly cooked and my wife had the scallops which were probably the best she ever had. The wine list is very French and not expensive. Love the view of the art museum and the river. Remind you of Paris!!!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGAndrewDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and great service We both had a 38 dollars three course dinner and it was fabulous!Special Features:
- Nice place for a leisurely lunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/30/2014This restaurant has good food, is not too noisy, is bright with a nice view, and has street parking. It's a very good place for a leisurely lunch with conversation. Plus it's fun to see the furniture showrooms in the Design Center.Special Features:
- Very pleasant diningDowntownBobVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our requested table was ready when we arrived. We had the tasting menu which was a great buy. The lamb shanks entree with puree of Yukon gold potatoes was superb. I have eater here at least 30 times, and it is always excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthday SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014What a phenomenal experience!!! Matthew, our server and bar manager was absolutely outstanding and helped make our Mom's 68th birthday special with his wit and knowledge. The food was undeniably some of the best in town. The view, even at night (which is not pictured anywhere) was really cool. Finding and walking through the upscale furniture to find the elevator to the restaurant –then stepping out to the floor where he restaurant was- added to the surprise and romantic and “hidden gem” feel of the evening and restaurant itself. Matthew (after learning mom was a chocolate lover) took it upon himself to bring her a desert and candle. It was a perfect evening; truly memorable.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner! Great for groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I had dinner with my girlfriends last night at Bistro St. Tropez. With our busy schedules, it can be very hard for us to get together. The Bistro was the perfect place for us to catch up over great food & awesome drinks! We had an amazing table by the window with an awesome view of the river & 30th St. Station. We were greeted by our server, Matthew as well as the chef! They sent out a complimentary amuse bouche as we looked over our menus and it was the perfect bite to start our meal! We all enjoyed everything we ordered (especially the coquille & dorade!) This is a great space for large parties or intimate dinners! We will be back again soon! Thanks for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Great foodCocoKimonoDined on 9/19/2014I came for Restaurant Week and was not disappointed. The food was great and the service phenomenal!!! I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and servicebongDined on 9/19/2014The view was amazing and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekPhillyFoodieDined on 9/19/2014GREAT place to go for restaurant week! Definitely get the bang for your buck. The food is phenomenal, the drinks are great, and the portion sizes are better than most. My boyfriend (a picky Italian who likes his food and drink!) couldn't stop talking about it even the next day. Ask for the "best seat in the house". We got lucky and were seated there and the view was to die for. We fell in love a million times over again just from the romantic scenery both inside the restaurant and out. This place can easily go unnoticed on Market Street, as it's located in an office building, but my God is it worth it!Special Features:
- Enjoyable first visitJerseymama3Dined on 9/19/2014A group of us had dinner here during restaurant week. We really enjoyed ourselves and the food was delicious. Many restaurants have limited offerings for a prix fixe menu. Not Bistro! There were 5 of us and we all had something different. We ordered salmon, steak, sea bass, pork and lamb shank. Service was excellent as was the food. The restaurant was packed. We enjoyed speaking with the chef at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!finediningDined on 9/19/2014It was tricky to find the restaurant but that's also what makes it unique (Like a hidden treasure in the city) and parking was easy to find (right outside the building). I was expecting very small portions of food but we were full (appetizer, entree, dessert). The server was really nice and jokes a little with the customers to create a friendly atmosphere. I am happy with picking this restaurant as our restaurant week choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BistroCandyGirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Lunch on Friday was a bit busier than I've ever seen it so the service was a bit slow. It was worth the wait for the food. From the grilled shrimp and corn over wild rice, to the salmon in phyllo to the profiterolles the food was wonderful. I had gone with a friend for dinner the week before and had to bring another friend for lunch. It made her want to learn how to cook, which is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Anais87VIPDined on 9/18/2014This is a great place. My server, Matthew, was amazing and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014menu for restaurant week was outstanding. food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DuckyDined on 9/18/2014The food was amazing. My first time trying two new foods and I wasn't disappointed. The service was terrific. Our waiter Matthew, who was also the head bartender, was great. I would definitely go back. My family, friend, and I had a great experience. Everything was amazing. Thank you so much Matthew and Bistro St. Tropaz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingFindingTimeDined on 9/18/2014We visited for center city restaurant week. It was a decent experience but I expect it was more because of my company than the space itself. It was like a hidden gem, tucked away in this market street building overlooking 30th street station and the water which was lovely. The wait, even with reservations, was almost 40 minutes though and then once we entered the service was so slow that the whole lunch ended up taking nearly 2.5hrs. The food was decent though, good but not great, probably a nice place for a work lunch. The drinks and desert were outstanding but overall I was sadly a bit underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Wonderful food horrible serviceCarolinep06Dined on 9/18/2014My coworkers and I decided to try this place and also take advantage of ccd restaurant week. We made and early reservation hoping to be one of first groups there. And we were! Yay! Unfortunately the room filled up quickly and you could visible notice the wait staff getting flustered. Our app and entree came timely. However, it took about an 45 minutes and asking the waitstaff 3 times for our dessert. We ultimately asked for the dessert to go and asked to pay our check, also having to ask twice for that. The was food wonderful, the service... Blah. I will not be back.
- JeopardyJopatDined on 9/17/2014Romantic settings overlooks river n good food. Chief comes out n greets u. Everyone enjoyed the nite outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Singular View, Outstanding serviceBrewerymountVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service was superb SUPERB! Food was very nice, and the view is one of the best in the city. It might be easy to miss due to the location but that ensures a spectacular view up and down the river, a gorgeous sunset, and a completely unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING french cuisine1VivDined on 9/16/2014I took the menu home after asking if I could do so. I could not have been happier with my experience. I only wish I could have fit more in my stomach.Special Features:
- Pas de deuxBernadineDined on 9/16/2014Great for either a romantic dinner or for a girlfriend lunch. Service was very good with just the right attention and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overall experiencelbauer22tustudentDined on 9/15/2014as a college student from the city, a large group of friends and I saw the menu and decided we'd give it a try and boy were we happily surprised! from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we had great warm and caring customer service. our server was very kind and funny and it was obvious he wanted us to enjoy our experience. the food was outstanding and the best part was our sever informed us after our meal about the regular special the resturant offers of 3 courses for about $32 or so daily, not just for resturant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014What a better way to enjoy your food but with a beautiful view of the city. The dessert was awesome.Special Features: