Bistro St. Tropez
2400 Market St, Suite 427
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St. Tropez
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrosttropez.com/
- Phone: 2155699269x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday only for easter, mother's day, graduation, special holidays and events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Patrice Rames
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available year-round for all your private party needs. Please call 215-569-9269 for further information.
- Entertainment: Nightly (Wed.-Fri.) happy hour specials.
- Special Events: Please ask for details about our daily lunch 3-course prix-fixe for $19.97 or our dinner Chef's tasting prix-fixes for dinner; 3-courses for $38 or 5 courses for $48. Wine pairings also available.
A word from Bistro St. Tropez
Chef Patrice Rames invites you to be our guest at Bistro St Tropez. As a Philadelphia staple, we've been serving traditional Bistro fare with innovative preparations amid a stylish setting for 27 years. Whether you join us a signature martini or sparkling peach sangria at the Hudson Bar or a romantic dinner for 2 with a beautiful view of the sunset, Bistro St. Tropez finds new ways to bring the style, ambiance and flavors of Provence to Philadelphia. Overlooking the Schuylkill River, 30th Street Station, Cira Center and the Art Museum, our 4th floor dining rooms present a unique location for any dining affair. Don't forget to ask about our special chef's tasting menus. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bistro St. Tropez - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Bistro St. Tropez reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (34)romantic (31)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (12)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We tried the 5 course price fixe tasting menu with wine pairings. It was one of the best meals I've had in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French cuisineCenterCityFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you are in west center city near the river or near 30th Street Station, be aware that there is a gem of a restaurant hidden away inside the Design Center (entrance on Market St.). Bistro St. Tropez could be in any smaller French city which means it is straightforward, unpretentious, not fussy. It simply offers perfectly cooked, interesting but not complicated, dishes. The wine by the glass listing similarly is interesting and wonderful because it offers a good selection of moderately priced wines. Whites tablecloths, decently spaced tables, a room with walls in Provencal mellow yellow, and a view of the river and the train station. On a sunny day you feel as if you could be in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchMy2CentsVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have dined here several times in the past. Menu is good with a nice variety at lunch. Pre-fix lunch special for $20 was a good deal and extremely tasty - soup, parmasean chicken and dessert. Would recommend and would use again. Background music was a bit loud for conversation but asked wait staff to turn down and they did.Special Features:
- VickDined on 8/19/2014Great place for lunch. A new PECO employee and have enjoyed 3 lunchs there over the past month and service was prompt and delicious - and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid French CookingWeAreFoodies2Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived early (6:00 p.m.) on a Saturday evening, and had the sort of dated steam punk decor to ourselves. Food was solid traditional French dishes...recipes for most could be found in the 1938 Larousse Gastronomique. Small moderately-priced wine list was appropriate. Location in the design center building on the 4th floor was, on the weekend, empty, but it was moderately interesting peering in the windows of the furniture stores. There is really no view of downtown to speak of. Decor aging and worn.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, relaxing; great viewsujo820Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, carefully prepared and presented. The tomato bisque was outstanding. Lovely vegetarian medley platter for a vegetarian. Dynamic view of Schuylkill River and river walk as the sun sets and the lights go on. Quiet, romantic atmosphere. A great place to go for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findMindyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went to Bistro St. Tropez for our anniversary. The waiter didn't know that, but he treated us so well! Adjusted the windowshade twice for the setting sun, raised the thermostat on the A/C, turned down the volume on the piped-in music. And when I found the center of my otherwise-delicious salmon to appear a bit undercooked, he put that portion back in the oven for me, and then it was perfect. All the food was delicious, and the presentation was lovely. We also enjoyed the view of the Schuylkill River, even though we had to get out of our seats to really see it well. All in all, a very pleasant and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAndrewDined on 7/30/2014Love the food. It's was a lovely evening and felt well taking care off.Special Features:
- great food! great service!linda23htDined on 7/30/2014I had a wonderful experience for dinner! The food was excellent & the service was great! AND THE VIEWS!! We decided to give this place a try on a whim and so glad we did! This will definitely be one of our go-to places for dinner from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Corporate gatheringJGeorgesDined on 7/19/2014I went there with a couple of my partners and colleagues to celebrate a corporate affair and at the same time have a business meeting. The service was perfect and our table was beautifully presented. Indeed they really put the extra mile knowing it was a special occasion for our group. Passed the unusual location, which was not a problem at all, we were able to meet very conveniently from 30St Station. I had partners and colleagues coming from all over the country and abroad who really appreciated the quality of the cuisine and service. Highly recommend for groups and corporate affairs. They also offer great deals for private corporate events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentJPC4Dined on 7/17/2014The food was good as was the service, however, good luck finding the place as it is buried away inside of what seemed to be an abandoned furniture store. Location. Location. LocationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Food was excellent. Staff was very helpful. We went there for lunch. Some friends had the fabulous special, I had a great quiche, and another leveled her salad. It was a great place for lunch, and then we went shopping in the Design Center!Special Features:
- Bastille Day specialJennyferDined on 7/12/2014my friends and I came to Bistro st. Tropez because we wanted to try some French cuisine. Luckily it was during the Bastille Day weekend special, $38 for a 3 course meal. For the amount we were actually paying, I was expecting pea sized portions that would have left me complaining of hunger after i left the restaurant. Surprisingly, dinner was not only filling, but also very delicious! I couldn't finish my main course because i wanted to save room for dessert and i am really glad i did. Bistro St. Tropez is definitely a place I would like to return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and solidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I am new to the area and came here with a coworker for a quick lunch. Service was great and food was excellent! Definitely one of my favorite lunch spots since coming into this city! Will absolutely come back and have dinner there soon!Special Features:
- AMAZINGfoodforthough21Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to Bistro St. Tropez twice. The first time was with my boyfriend for NYE and not only was the food and wine pairing DELICIOUS, the ambiance was great. It is perfectly lit, the place itself is spacious, and the service is remarkable. The second time was recently (Jul 5, 2014) with a group for a friend's birthday. It was such a great choice for an intimate dinner and everyone was extremely satisfied and claimed they would return. I was only disappointed that scallops were not available on the menu because I was looking forward to having it again (that's how good they are). Instead I ordered the "Poulet" and it was so good. All the right flavors and the chicken breast had the perfect crunch. I definitely highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a regularBlaiseTravisDined on 6/27/2014I;m sure on a much busier night we might not have gotten quite the attention we got Friday night. However, knowing the goal of service is always on the mind of the staff, I'm convinced we still would have received top notch service. The food was creative, but not over-thought. The selection was balanced and not overwhelmed by too many choices and the wine list was perfect. Rare case where we got more than we paid for!Special Features:
- Tres Bonne BistrosandlunDined on 6/26/2014Setting, service, style and scrumptious food. Everyone in our large party raved about their dishes which included the phyllo wrapped salmon, the filet and the vegetarian entree. and this is no place to skip dessert either. Top votes went to the perfectly sized truffle style chocolate bombe and the apple tartin. Service was smooth and perfectly paced and the white table linens were set off beautifully by the fresh flowers and panorama window view of the sun setting over the river. And they even called cabs for us when we were ready to leave.Special Features:
- Pretty good, strange locationQueenBVIPDined on 6/26/2014I hosted a business dinner here, first unfortunate was that the bar was closed for a private party. Wish I had known that since I asked my guests to meet in the bar! And of course that made service extremely slow for our drinks. Food was mostly great, I had the scallops as an entree, on ratatouille but not one I enjoyed. The corn covering or whatever on the scallops was just weird. But other things were wonderful. You must note the location - in a building, on the 4th floor. It was empty and almost scary and we thought we were in the wrong place. Then of course had to worry about our guests so I had to go up and down to meet each guest as they arrived in case they couldn't find it. Not ideal, but had I realized I would have prepared them.Special Features:
- SGoldVIPDined on 6/21/2014To me, the first and most important consideration is if the food is both very tasty and has a nice presentation, and they hit on both! Although you can't eat ambiance, I feel that the restaurant is long over due for a makeover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, loud musicEatingOutDined on 6/19/2014We had been to Bistro St. Tropez before, and returned for dinner with someone from out of town. Because of a big group, no window tables were available, so we were given our choice of other tables--beneath air conditioning vents and noisy music. The food was fine, as we had remembered. The service was also fine. The main issue was the loud music, which was turned down once upon request, later turned up...we had to request that they turn it down three times during the course of our meal. We were surprised that the big group made little noise, but the music system volume itself was so high it was difficult to talk over dinner. Between that and the air conditioning we left satisfied with the meal itself, but in sweaters and feeling a bit deaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnertombVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our group enjoyed our meal and the service. Our server, Matthew, knew the menu very well and helped with our questions. The portion sizes are excellent, the steak and salmon cooked to perfection. We will be back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableEnjoyableDined on 6/14/2014Food was awsome, waitstaff attentive & very nice. AccommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and solidJGeorgesDined on 6/14/2014Beyond the fact that the restaurant has an unusual locatin, Bistro St Tropez is one of the best French restaurant in Philadelphia. Coming from a french prospective it offers a large choice of typical and well made french dishes. Also, the cocktail list and the wine selection were remarkable and the fact that it is also BYOW just made it perfect. Service was perfect, I had a french server which made the experience only more memorable. Will be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable EatingalatessDined on 6/13/2014Is it possible to find a restaurant where you can enjoy your meal, actually have a conversation with your dinner friends and feel relaxed and comfortable while doing both? Yes! We found Bistro St. Tropez! We had a delicious meal and our server was so pleasant, attentive and efficient we tipped her extra for the experience, as it should be. Oh, and the view was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the PriceMaliciteDined on 5/30/2014Great food. A bit pricey. Nice balance of food and the alcohol selection is respectable. Kind of a strange location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zenmanVIPDined on 5/28/2014The food was delicious. The chef was very attentive. The winter was amazing. Really had angriest time here. We had a wonderful experience from the moment we walked in and to the moment we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2014We went to Bistro for my birthday and let me just tell you how amazing it was. First of all, I am a french foodie. I loveeee everything French and this was exactly that. It wasn't modern french but rather bistro like (almost like what you would get at Parc not Le Bec). For appetizer I ordered the snails, which were delicious!!! Then I ordered the Filet for dinner. It was by far one of the BEST steaks I have ever had. Two weeks prior I spent $160 at Joe's Seafood and Prime Steak (or something like that) in Washington D.C. (supposedly one of the best steakhouses in the country) and this filet KICKED it's butt!!!!! You have to try it!! AND the creme brulee was amazing :-). Also, Andrew, our Waiter...ROCKED, he was very attentive!Special Features:
- Pleasant lunchKathyDDined on 5/28/2014Delicious food and a nice view at Bistro St. Tropez. Tiny, hot rolls the perfect complement to a salade Nicoise (made with grilled salmon rather than the traditional tuna - a nice change). A good option for folks in Center City who need to meet colleagues from Drexel or Penn; also convenient to 30th St. Station and other walking/transit options.Special Features:
- Terrific find!SpringHouseFoodieDined on 5/22/2014Lovely restaurant with decor reminiscent of small cities in France. Knowledgable bar staff...excellent cocktails. Food beautifully presented. Obliging staff ...young, fun and foodies themselves. Will be back! Abundant cheap easy street parking near entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticaveryroseDined on 5/21/2014I had dinner at Bistro St. Tropez for the first time a few weeks ago. Everything from food to service surpassed my expectations. The views were amazing and our table over looked the river and 30th Street Station. I had the escargot & the lamb shank and they were both delicious. Our server, Andrew, was able to suggest a wine that paired perfectly with my dinner. My friends had the scallops and the sirloin steak and both entrees were just as good as mine! We shared a few desserts (creme brulee and the apple tart) and both were excellent! Our experience that evening was by far one of the best I have had in a long time! I definitely will be back to dine there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my go-to placesNewbieVIPDined on 5/21/2014I have been going to BST for something like 15 years now - for lunch, brunch and dinner - and have never been disappointed: neither have any of the many friends and family I've brought with me. The menu is varied but not overwhelming; I've not ordered from the newer wine-pairing menu, but my friends who have, have really enjoyed it. Portions can be really big (two lamb shanks?) but are beautifully prepared and presented. They do fish marvelously well. Service is the only thing that can be inconsistent - I love having Matthew as a waiter (he remembered a wine I had tried and liked, an entire year later), but others can be less attentive. Noise levels can be high if there are larger groups/tables. And of course the view is stupendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to hearOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014We sat at a table for 6 in the bar area. Unfortunately, it was directly below the air conditioner unit and, which was so loud that it made it difficult to have conversation. The loud drone was truly annoying and made it unpleasant at times. The staff was very accommodating about turning it off sometimes as we requested. Service was slow-it took a long time to get our initial round of drinks and water glasses were only refilled upon request. The food was delicious ad everyone at the table enjoyed what they ordered.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening - dinner for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We reserved late and were lucky to get a table for 7; we had to come a bit early as a result. The service, ambiance and food were great. We really enjoyed our meal. The challenge for the Bistro is that it is a tucked away on the 4th floor of a building, and so you have to find it. We found it with no problem, but they won't get any 'walk-by' traffic. But that makes it more available for us who know about it.Special Features:
- InterestingLarInPhillyDined on 5/16/2014We had read the reviews that the restaurant is tucked away on the fourth floor of a furniture merchandising building and it is but was easy enough to find. The atmosphere was nice; the view quite good. Service was good. We really enjoyed the food. The bottle of wine we had was good for the price ($45). We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- uneven level of foodtrainviewDined on 5/14/2014Second time having lunch here. First time, food was fantastic. Every single dish wonderful. The $6 red wine very good. This time, vegetable soup was uninteresting, croque monsieur overwhelmingly rich and huge, a bit overcooked, and the red wine was served cold. Leftover in fridge? To be fair, rolls were fantastic as was creme brulee dessert. The view and restaurant itself really beautiful and comfortable. I will come back and hope it was simply an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchhgmc79Dined on 5/11/2014I love the location of the Bistro St Tropez but that is about it. I have come to this restaurant several times before for special occasions but that was a couple years ago. I don't know if the restaurant has changed hands or chefs but the food and service have definitely fell off from what I remember. My party and I were quite disappointed and have no intention of returning to this restaurant. The food was just ok and the service was not God either. We had to keep looking for our server. Also, my mother asked for a substitution and the chef pretty much refused to honor the substitution. It just wasn't a good visit. Its a good thing I had good company!
- MemorableSerenesister61Dined on 5/11/2014Do you liking fine dining, great music & helpful staff? Try Bistro St. Tropez. From the wait service (Careful to I.D. the person who had food allergies as I indicated on the reservation) to the food (meticulously prepared no need to add salt/pepper the food was fresh) and chef (Professional cook, staff & kitchen, kitchen is so organized & cleaned. Can be seen as the walls are floor length windows) everything was wonderful. Our server Matthew, friendly helpful (had no problem taking food back to make to liking) & remembered us from Mother's Day 2013; & he takes great pictures! The Chef greeted us & took pictures. This was our second Mother's Day at Bistro St. Tropez & we will return Fathers Day...table for six, please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French foodFoodieseniorVIPDined on 5/10/2014It is a pleasure to find good French food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Close to perfectionRobert117Dined on 5/10/2014I am a 58 year old "foodie"" and I appreciate fine cuisine. I've had dinner at Bistro St Tropez with family and friends numerous times, and I can tell you that this restaurant successfully delivers masterful dishes of southern French cuisine on a consistent basis. The quality of everything that comes from the kitchen is superb. To say that Chef Patrice Rames is a "master" doesn't come close to capturing his skill in producing French cuisine that will provide you with a joyous dining experience. You will love this place and you will want to return. Amazingly, the menu is priced to complete with the average dinner spot in Philly. Given the quality of food and service, Bistro St. Tropez is an outstanding bargain.Special Features:
- BearVIPDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed a great chopped salad. Perfect portions. Good for business dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1389 reviews are from the Bistro St. Tropez reviews archive.