Bistro St Michaels
403 S Talbot St
Saint Michaels, MD 21663Neighborhood:
St Michaels / Tilghman Island
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St Michaels
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrostmichaels.com/
- Phone: 4107459111x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 9AM
*CLOSED FOR DINNER SUNDAY NIGHT ONLY
GLUTON FRIENDLY MENU
DOG FRIENDLY ~ outside seating upon request
Please contact restaurant to confirm - limited seating
COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND OPEN SUNDAY DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: David Hayes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bistro St Michaels
Welcome to Bistro St. Michaels. We create food that is rooted in traditional culinary styles, yet modern. We source the highest quality local ingredients, purchase sustainable seafood and free range eggs, work with people who raise their animals naturally, as well as partner with local farmers for the best organic vegetables. All of this comes together under the hand of Executive Chef David Hayes, a native of England whose “creative American” cuisine is prepared with a European flair.Many of our items are already gluten free or can be served gluten free. Thank you for taking the time to dine with us.Continued
We hope you enjoy our inspiration.
Rob & Caroline Pascal, Owners
David Hayes, Executive Chef
We hope you enjoy our inspiration.
Rob & Caroline Pascal, Owners
David Hayes, Executive Chef
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro St Michaels - Best Restaurants in St Michaels / Tilghman Island ›
Bistro St Michaels reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (46)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A great St Michaels mealDaveCDined on 9/13/2014The Bistro is in the middle of the St Michaels main street, Talbot. We were warmly welcomed, even though the restaurant computer indicted that we were 1/2 hour late for a 6:30PM reservation. We were seated quickly and the friendly server did a good job of reviewing daily specials. Our orders arrived at the right pace and the food was excellent. I recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We were greeted with a friendly welcome. There were only two other diners in the room, so noise was not an issue. Our server was very attentive. We had haddock and veal. Both were very good. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantStanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were very good-we enjoyed very much our night and certainly will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulLocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014Bistro St Michaels does it all right. Staff is well trained, management is on the scene and engaged, the food is flawless. It doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Mid-weekLainey50Dined on 9/3/2014The Host was very efficient and enjoyable, and our friends knew him from elsewhere, the bartender, as well. Not crazy about the wine selection and pricing was high. There was only one chardonnay by the glass and way overpriced for a mid-level wine. One person had a martini and enjoyed it thoroughly. Felt like our wait staff tried to "hurry" us as we were trying to enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and catch-up a bit... kept coming to table and interrupting our conversation with out saying "excuse me" or waiting for us to finish a sentence in conversation. The meal was delicious. Dessert choices were okay but no flexibility if wanting only 1 scoop of ice cream instead of 3. However, overall it was a good evening!Special Features:
- Unique and Delicious!kebbieDined on 8/31/2014Brunch offerings were unique and everything we had was delicious. The quiche du jour and the Banana Caramel French Toast were fabulous. We need to return to try out some other menu items, so much to choose from! The service was top notch, but the upstairs seating can be loud if you are dining in a full dining area with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time at the Bistros76dnerDined on 8/30/2014My wife, daughter, and I had a very nice dinner at the Bistro. The food was sensational, and our server, Paige, was a gem. She made us feel very welcome, and had an answer to every question we posed. We will be back.Special Features:
- A Must-Do!LovenewplacesDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is a must do for anyone visiting St. Michael's. Although the menu is awesome, we can't wait to hear the daily specials! Everything is fresh, uniquely seasoned, and thoroughly delicious. We were able to secure one of the two outside tables and it was delightful. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- very good, overpriced, short pourPabloDined on 8/29/2014The appetizer of the chicken livers was excellent. My wife's salad just so-so. I did not like my scallops, but perhaps I just should not have ordered them. My wife's beef was a small portion. The service is excellent. We were very upset about the small size of the pour of our respective glasses of wine. All in all, while we thought everything was very good, we also felt that it did not live up to its prices.Special Features:
- A Gem in St Michael'sEat4funVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time in St Michael's and everyone told us the Bistro was a "must." We went and we agree. Best restaurant in St Michael's (and we went to the other "musts"). Really excellent service, very friendly and very can-do attitude, lovely ambiance, and the food was really terrific. Exceeded our expectations in every way. We plan to visit the area at least once a year, and will always make the Bistro our first and last stop.Special Features:
- Very NiceFoodie47Dined on 8/23/2014We ate here last winter and loved it so much we had to return. It is a 3 hour drive from our house so we make a weekend out of our visit. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and was attentive without being obtrusive. They have an extensive wine list. My wife had scallops with grilled pork belly and I had grilled rockfish on top of homemade pappardelle pasta. Both were very good. The deserts looked so we had to have some. We were not disappointed. We will go back again.Special Features:
- wonderful find in st michaelsrjfoxDined on 8/22/2014we were 4 diners. the rooms were lovely. beautiful wall colorings and very relaxed. cocktails were very good. we ordered wines by the glass. and they were, likewise good. the octopus and the crab bisque were outstanding appetizers. as were the dinners; pappardelli pasta with sauteed rockfish and the veal. we would highly recommend the place. easy to find in "downtown" st michaels and a great break from kayaking! about $50 per person without drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find on the Eastern ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Dined at Bistro St. Michaels on a weeknight in late August 2014. What a delight! The location is wonderful--right in the heart of historic St. Michaels, perfect for an after-dinner stroll to the waterfront. We (2 sisters) received a prompt, warm greeting and were seated at a large, comfortable table. When we reserved, we requested a cushioned seat, and that's exactly what we got. The entrees (halibut; rockfish) were delicious, perfectly prepared, and interestingly presented with fresh local summer vegetables. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass. The service was friendly, professional, and not rushed. Best news of all--Bistro St. Michaels will be open several days a week during the winter. We will be back!Special Features:
- Off DayDineout5timesaweekDined on 8/17/2014Reservations required, we entered this empty resturant with two tables seated. Scrambled eggs were overcooked, home fries bland and cold, wife had waitress suggestion BLT with their signature bacon, was marbled with fat unable to eat and cold, bread burned. Friends had hamburger was satisfied as well as a crab cake, way overpriced at 23.00 for a seafood area. Presentation sub par. Friend has a disability restrooms upstairs no elevator, was untidy and soiled.
- good foodusuallyluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014the seafood risotto was excellent; the pork chop very good. Bread pudding was divine.Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodBJfromPADined on 8/16/2014Nice atmosphere and attentive and pleasant wait staff. Our waitress was very personable..food was excellent. The Bay salad was a nice starter. It seemed to be freshly made and was very substantial in size. Although my pan seared halibut was delicious, I almost grabbed the scallops off my friends plate. The presentation was outstanding. The brussel sprouts were also to die for. Would definitely eat at Bistro St. Michaels again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceErnieDined on 8/12/2014We are regulars at Bistro and our experiences have been great to date. Our most recent experience had a couple hiccups we hope management corrects. First our Yukon Garlic potatoes were extremely salty, something we had not experienced before. Next the wine by the glass pour was so skimpy for the price that we inquired about it. We recommend passing up the wine by the glass or inquiring about it before ordering to avoid disappointment. Finally the bread pudding dessert was not inspiring for the price. This is a great special occasion restaurant albeit on the expensive side. Previous experiences were perfect so we hope this was an anomaly.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.....PauKitNJDined on 8/11/2014Chef David Hayes always prepares the freshest ingredients which makes for very savory and enjoyable dining. A must do dining experience when in St. Michaels.Special Features:
- The Bistro Roll On ....JohnGaltDined on 8/10/2014A St Michaels fixture under new management, but the room remains essentially the same. The menu reflects a mixture of traditional bistro fare and Eastern Shore seafood. Service, if anything, is overly attentive. The French toast and the gravlax are two excellent choices, as is the unusual but delicious duck quiche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatETinOutDined on 8/9/2014Everything was ok. There are other better restuarants in St. Michael's.
- Good food and good serviceGaryVIPDined on 8/6/2014We had dinner there midweek. Service was attentive and pleasant. Food was tasty, well-prepared, and emphasized local ingredients.Special Features:
- hagpieDined on 8/2/2014Dined here Saturday, 8/2 and had one of the best meals ever. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted by a very friendly hostess and staff. We were shown to a nice, quiet, corner table where we lingered over cocktails before our attentive, but not obtrusive, waitress took our order. I had one of the specials, a pan-seared halibut topped with crabmeat and served on a bed of thinly sliced mixed vegetables. My husband ordered the filet, medium well, which was cooked to perfection. For dessert, we split the sorbet trio in three different flavors, which was the perfect light ending to our meal. I cannot say enough about this restaurant. Thank you Bistro @ St. Michael's for a truly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service with good foodJamesTravelDined on 7/30/2014Really enjoyed meal here. Food was well presented, good choices, reasonable wine list. The best thing was the service which was particularly attentiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMunkDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Bistro. The host remembered a request I had made through my open table reservation. Kim our server provided us with detailed information about the wine and food and her suggestions were spot on. She went out of her way to meet our needs. The food was fresh and delicious and cooked perfectly. Just a delightful evening.Special Features:
- visit Kelly at back barwoodyDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful spot in st Michaels. Variety of food/bev options all served in a casual but friendly manner. Top notch all the way. We sat at the back bar and thoroughly enjoyed talking with our bartender, Kelly. Moderately priced, cool funky spot, perfectly laid back vibe and tasty food. What more can one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably better optionsmauritiusDined on 7/28/2014The food was pretty good but not worth the price tag. Service was sub par. We are not sure what it was but a few odd comments were made to my spouse, and the waitress was in general acting a bit odd. At $80 per person we expected much better.
- Outstanding foodCherieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great crab bisque (when hot) and veal chop entree tonight. The freshest vegetables are worth the price of dinner----petite peas, edamame, arugula and snap peas.Special Features:
- Reliably SuperbMcgcruiserVIPDined on 7/25/2014We live locally and eat here a few times a year, last night for our anniversary. Can't say enough good things about the place. I had the Veal Strip and it was top-notch. This followed a delicious crab bisque. Wife had a seafood ravioli that I sampled, then wished I had two stomachs to fill.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Tom the waiter is a gem, he made our entire night with his outstanding service!Special Features:
- Delicious !JawebbVIPDined on 7/24/2014Amazing .cant wait to return We love St . Michaels and Bistro fits right in ! Great Food and Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in St. MichaelsMcegeDined on 7/22/2014Delicious crab cakes! My friend had the halibut, which she enjoyed. They were willing to accommodate her request to modify her meal due to allergies, which was very nice. Ask to sit down stairs on the main level!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGeorgeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Bistro St. Michael's was recommended by our innkeeper and we are very happy that we took her up on the recommendation. Our server, Shar (sp??) was very nice and attentive, and the meal delicious. We shared the tomato and mozzarella salad, which was split onto two plates for our convenience. My wife had the Seafood Risotto and I the Halibut over Pappardelle. Both were divine. I, too, and now recommending this restaurant.Special Features:
- PhyllisVIPDined on 7/15/2014Four of us dined on a weeknight. We were seated immediately, our server was very prompt in taking our orders. The menu is extensive, but the entrees were really overpriced, not much for less than $32.00. Our food, however, was good. But not likely that I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSaltysailorDined on 7/14/2014This was a pleasant occasion. We were seated right away. Service was immediate. Wine list short but good. Excellent specials. Tables for four and two rather small. Two bars, one in front of restaurant and the other in back, shows good thinking. Don't annoy the diners with the noisy bar crowd. Entrees were excellent, prices moderate to high. Recommended.Special Features:
- You did it againMoetteVIPDined on 7/11/2014Nice to be back at the Bistro again. Warm welcome from the owner the service was autstanding. Our server was there as we need him Food were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Great service!Great food! Great wine= Great experience! We'll be back !Special Features:
- Softshells!kukala4VIPDined on 7/5/2014We were there on a holiday weekend, and the staff seemed overwhelmed. They seated us late (even with a reservation) and it took forever to get cocktails at the bar, however, the table service was attentive and everyone was very friendly. The dining area is a little cozy, but could be romantic if you're there with the right person. The food was terrific -- if they have the tempura softshell crabs on the menu, get them! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- ExcellentOtterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service. Menu was enervating and the flavors were fresh and distinct. Everything was prepared just right, including the delicious chocolate and banana bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Seaside BistroawesomeDined on 7/5/2014When you are in St. Michaels the first thing you think is crab and beer. This wonderful Bistro serves amazing seafood but with an elegant atmosphere. The wait staff were superb and they treated my 10 and 12 year old like little adults and that was very welcomed. The staff was extremely attentive, fun and knowledgeable about the food and wine. Will definitely go back an recommend to anyone who is looking to sit indoors, enjoy a lovely evening with wonderful food.,Special Features:
- Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner here and the food was very good. Service was attentive, but it seemed like we were a bit rushed. Course came too fast! Would recommend, however… but you may not want to order until you've had time to enjoy your cocktail.