Bistro St Michaels
403 S Talbot St
Saint Michaels, MD 21663Neighborhood:
St Michaels / Tilghman Island
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Bistro St Michaels
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrostmichaels.com/
- Phone: 4107459111x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 9AM
*CLOSED FOR DINNER SUNDAY NIGHT ONLY
GLUTON FRIENDLY MENU
DOG FRIENDLY ~ outside seating upon request
Please contact restaurant to confirm - limited seating
COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND OPEN SUNDAY DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: David Hayes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bistro St Michaels
Welcome to Bistro St. Michaels. We create food that is rooted in traditional culinary styles, yet modern. We source the highest quality local ingredients, purchase sustainable seafood and free range eggs, work with people who raise their animals naturally, as well as partner with local farmers for the best organic vegetables. All of this comes together under the hand of Executive Chef David Hayes, a native of England whose “creative American” cuisine is prepared with a European flair.Many of our items are already gluten free or can be served gluten free. Thank you for taking the time to dine with us.Continued
We hope you enjoy our inspiration.
Rob & Caroline Pascal, Owners
David Hayes, Executive Chef
We hope you enjoy our inspiration.
Rob & Caroline Pascal, Owners
David Hayes, Executive Chef
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bistro St Michaels - Best Restaurants in St Michaels / Tilghman Island ›
Bistro St Michaels reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (50)great for brunch (15)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014the food was superb. We ate there two nights in a row. the atmosphere is very warm and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We planned a birthday overnight at the Harbour Inn Hotel for one of our friends. We researched the Bistro online and made our reservations for dinner on Oct.27th. We were not disappointed. The restaurant was charming and had a relaxed feeling, with a touch of elegance. Friendly staff and an extraordinary chef. We highly recommend any of the dishes served for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful spot to have an energetic romantic dinner. Food was great and service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014What an experience for our first trip to St. Michaels!! The wine list was more than adequate and the menu was superb! The New York Strip was cooked and seasoned perfectly and the bacon penne mac n’ cheese was outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceCurtDined on 10/19/2014We had dined at the restaurant for dinner before but had not experienced the Brunch Menu. We found the same friendly, courteous service, very nicely prepared food and unique ambiance. Good to see that Bistro has maintained its quality in the AM as it has in the PM. Our hope is that this restaurant continues to thrive and become a staple of the culinary scene here in town.Special Features:
- SuperbDavidVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great combinations of flavors with our mussels appetizer and entrees..the service was very attentive, and although the ambiance was a bit noisy with a large group the overall experience was superb! The strawberry shortcake recommended by the waitress was a fabulous ending to a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in St. MichaelsCanyonsOwnersDined on 10/11/2014Seated promptly with an 8:00 reservation on a Saturday night. Service is excellent and extremely attentive. The menu is diverse and preparations very interesting utilizing what's fresh and available. The beet salad with fried goat cheese was delicious and a generous portion and the oyster stew was my husband's favorite oyster stew, tastier, creamier and full of oysters. I loved the scallops with spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts and my husband loved his short rib bourgonon. Nice wine selection as well.Special Features:
- Overall fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014From the greeting to the seating and of course the eating, this place is a gem. The Bistro was our first dining stop for our 10 year anniversary weekend and wow were we impressed. The staff was fun, attentive and helped create an overall wonderful dining experience. We will be be sure to make this our first when we find time to revisit the quaint town of St. Michaels. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find. Very incentive menuWalker78Dined on 10/6/2014Great little bistro. A true find. Every entree was good. Recommend the lobster bruschetta as an app. Very crisp bottom, Flaky meat. The fish special was cooked perfectly and lovely veggies. My husband had a crab and chicken pasta special. It was really good..the chicken was peefexy cooked. Get the pumpkin gelato! Good cheese plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Michaels on a Monday night...Suz55VIPDined on 10/6/2014Lovely place, great food and service...a real find when you are on the road between Ocean City and Annapolis, courtesy of Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's weekendDebbieDined on 10/4/2014Was down for girl's weekend. Reserved for 6 put there were able to accommodate 7 without any issue. Well trained staff and delicious food. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- RobRDined on 9/26/2014Food and service were impeccable, Paul our server was great, My wife had the seafood rissoto (very very good) and i had the crab stuffed ravioli (also outstanding) our only complaint was the serving sizes were way to large. As a visitor to the area we didn't have any means to save the extras so it seemed a waste to let that food stay behind. The restaurant staff was very attentive and very friendly which made the visit even more enjoyable. Thanks for a great time.....Special Features:
- Delightful eveningSerenissimaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Another lovely night at The Bistro! Cozy table in the main dining room and smart, attentive service. My husband enjoyed the deviled egg and pork belly appetizer, followed by the night's special entree of halibut on a bed of roasted vegetables. I had a lovely fresh butter lettuce salad with apple, walnut and Bay Blue cheese, then the seared scallops. We also tasted the amazing macaroni and cheese with house cured bacon. The soft lighting and lovely Mediterranean colors of the dining rooms are a beautiful backdrop for the Bistro's antique French advertising posters. A lovely meal in a beautiful setting, where you are made to feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary getawayAbueloDined on 9/24/2014Our dinner at the Bistro, right next door to the Old Brick Inn where we were staying, was an appropriate cap on a delightful few days at St. Michaels. The entrees were superbly prepared, with just the right mix of vegetables presented and served flawlessly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedWatssonDined on 9/20/2014The last time we ate at the Bistrot was before it re-opened. It's way better than it was before it changed hands. But $75 for 2 entrees and a single glass of wine? It's good, but it's not that good. We had the scallops and the roast chicken. The chicken was okay. The best I'll say is that it was moist -- otherwise it was forgettable. The scallops were nicely cooked, but were it not for the pancetta, they would have been as forgettable as the chicken. All of which suggests that the premium that the Bistrot charges for its ambiance is pretty steep.
- A great St Michaels mealDaveCDined on 9/13/2014The Bistro is in the middle of the St Michaels main street, Talbot. We were warmly welcomed, even though the restaurant computer indicted that we were 1/2 hour late for a 6:30PM reservation. We were seated quickly and the friendly server did a good job of reviewing daily specials. Our orders arrived at the right pace and the food was excellent. I recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We were greeted with a friendly welcome. There were only two other diners in the room, so noise was not an issue. Our server was very attentive. We had haddock and veal. Both were very good. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantStanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were very good-we enjoyed very much our night and certainly will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulLocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014Bistro St Michaels does it all right. Staff is well trained, management is on the scene and engaged, the food is flawless. It doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Mid-weekLainey50Dined on 9/3/2014The Host was very efficient and enjoyable, and our friends knew him from elsewhere, the bartender, as well. Not crazy about the wine selection and pricing was high. There was only one chardonnay by the glass and way overpriced for a mid-level wine. One person had a martini and enjoyed it thoroughly. Felt like our wait staff tried to "hurry" us as we were trying to enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and catch-up a bit... kept coming to table and interrupting our conversation with out saying "excuse me" or waiting for us to finish a sentence in conversation. The meal was delicious. Dessert choices were okay but no flexibility if wanting only 1 scoop of ice cream instead of 3. However, overall it was a good evening!Special Features:
- Unique and Delicious!kebbieDined on 8/31/2014Brunch offerings were unique and everything we had was delicious. The quiche du jour and the Banana Caramel French Toast were fabulous. We need to return to try out some other menu items, so much to choose from! The service was top notch, but the upstairs seating can be loud if you are dining in a full dining area with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time at the Bistros76dnerDined on 8/30/2014My wife, daughter, and I had a very nice dinner at the Bistro. The food was sensational, and our server, Paige, was a gem. She made us feel very welcome, and had an answer to every question we posed. We will be back.Special Features:
- A Must-Do!LovenewplacesDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is a must do for anyone visiting St. Michael's. Although the menu is awesome, we can't wait to hear the daily specials! Everything is fresh, uniquely seasoned, and thoroughly delicious. We were able to secure one of the two outside tables and it was delightful. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- very good, overpriced, short pourPabloDined on 8/29/2014The appetizer of the chicken livers was excellent. My wife's salad just so-so. I did not like my scallops, but perhaps I just should not have ordered them. My wife's beef was a small portion. The service is excellent. We were very upset about the small size of the pour of our respective glasses of wine. All in all, while we thought everything was very good, we also felt that it did not live up to its prices.Special Features:
- A Gem in St Michael'sEat4funVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time in St Michael's and everyone told us the Bistro was a "must." We went and we agree. Best restaurant in St Michael's (and we went to the other "musts"). Really excellent service, very friendly and very can-do attitude, lovely ambiance, and the food was really terrific. Exceeded our expectations in every way. We plan to visit the area at least once a year, and will always make the Bistro our first and last stop.Special Features:
- Very NiceFoodie47Dined on 8/23/2014We ate here last winter and loved it so much we had to return. It is a 3 hour drive from our house so we make a weekend out of our visit. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and was attentive without being obtrusive. They have an extensive wine list. My wife had scallops with grilled pork belly and I had grilled rockfish on top of homemade pappardelle pasta. Both were very good. The deserts looked so we had to have some. We were not disappointed. We will go back again.Special Features:
- wonderful find in st michaelsrjfoxDined on 8/22/2014we were 4 diners. the rooms were lovely. beautiful wall colorings and very relaxed. cocktails were very good. we ordered wines by the glass. and they were, likewise good. the octopus and the crab bisque were outstanding appetizers. as were the dinners; pappardelli pasta with sauteed rockfish and the veal. we would highly recommend the place. easy to find in "downtown" st michaels and a great break from kayaking! about $50 per person without drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find on the Eastern ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014Dined at Bistro St. Michaels on a weeknight in late August 2014. What a delight! The location is wonderful--right in the heart of historic St. Michaels, perfect for an after-dinner stroll to the waterfront. We (2 sisters) received a prompt, warm greeting and were seated at a large, comfortable table. When we reserved, we requested a cushioned seat, and that's exactly what we got. The entrees (halibut; rockfish) were delicious, perfectly prepared, and interestingly presented with fresh local summer vegetables. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass. The service was friendly, professional, and not rushed. Best news of all--Bistro St. Michaels will be open several days a week during the winter. We will be back!Special Features:
- Off DayDineout5timesaweekDined on 8/17/2014Reservations required, we entered this empty resturant with two tables seated. Scrambled eggs were overcooked, home fries bland and cold, wife had waitress suggestion BLT with their signature bacon, was marbled with fat unable to eat and cold, bread burned. Friends had hamburger was satisfied as well as a crab cake, way overpriced at 23.00 for a seafood area. Presentation sub par. Friend has a disability restrooms upstairs no elevator, was untidy and soiled.
- good foodusuallyluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014the seafood risotto was excellent; the pork chop very good. Bread pudding was divine.Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodBJfromPADined on 8/16/2014Nice atmosphere and attentive and pleasant wait staff. Our waitress was very personable..food was excellent. The Bay salad was a nice starter. It seemed to be freshly made and was very substantial in size. Although my pan seared halibut was delicious, I almost grabbed the scallops off my friends plate. The presentation was outstanding. The brussel sprouts were also to die for. Would definitely eat at Bistro St. Michaels again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceErnieDined on 8/12/2014We are regulars at Bistro and our experiences have been great to date. Our most recent experience had a couple hiccups we hope management corrects. First our Yukon Garlic potatoes were extremely salty, something we had not experienced before. Next the wine by the glass pour was so skimpy for the price that we inquired about it. We recommend passing up the wine by the glass or inquiring about it before ordering to avoid disappointment. Finally the bread pudding dessert was not inspiring for the price. This is a great special occasion restaurant albeit on the expensive side. Previous experiences were perfect so we hope this was an anomaly.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.....PauKitNJDined on 8/11/2014Chef David Hayes always prepares the freshest ingredients which makes for very savory and enjoyable dining. A must do dining experience when in St. Michaels.Special Features:
- The Bistro Roll On ....JohnGaltDined on 8/10/2014A St Michaels fixture under new management, but the room remains essentially the same. The menu reflects a mixture of traditional bistro fare and Eastern Shore seafood. Service, if anything, is overly attentive. The French toast and the gravlax are two excellent choices, as is the unusual but delicious duck quiche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatETinOutDined on 8/9/2014Everything was ok. There are other better restuarants in St. Michael's.
- Good food and good serviceGaryVIPDined on 8/6/2014We had dinner there midweek. Service was attentive and pleasant. Food was tasty, well-prepared, and emphasized local ingredients.Special Features:
- hagpieDined on 8/2/2014Dined here Saturday, 8/2 and had one of the best meals ever. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted by a very friendly hostess and staff. We were shown to a nice, quiet, corner table where we lingered over cocktails before our attentive, but not obtrusive, waitress took our order. I had one of the specials, a pan-seared halibut topped with crabmeat and served on a bed of thinly sliced mixed vegetables. My husband ordered the filet, medium well, which was cooked to perfection. For dessert, we split the sorbet trio in three different flavors, which was the perfect light ending to our meal. I cannot say enough about this restaurant. Thank you Bistro @ St. Michael's for a truly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service with good foodJamesTravelVIPDined on 7/30/2014Really enjoyed meal here. Food was well presented, good choices, reasonable wine list. The best thing was the service which was particularly attentiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMunkDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Bistro. The host remembered a request I had made through my open table reservation. Kim our server provided us with detailed information about the wine and food and her suggestions were spot on. She went out of her way to meet our needs. The food was fresh and delicious and cooked perfectly. Just a delightful evening.Special Features:
- visit Kelly at back barwoodyDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful spot in st Michaels. Variety of food/bev options all served in a casual but friendly manner. Top notch all the way. We sat at the back bar and thoroughly enjoyed talking with our bartender, Kelly. Moderately priced, cool funky spot, perfectly laid back vibe and tasty food. What more can one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.