5987 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92115Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrosixtysd.com/
- Phone: 6192878186
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Leisman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We create a custom menu for you based on the theme of your party or needs of your guests. From appetizers to entrees to buffet to desserts: every menu is different for every catering event.
Contact us today to discuss your catering needs.
- Entertainment: Music Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings starting at 6:30 pm and Sunday Brunch starting at 11am. Local artists vary each night but feature guitar, jazz, adult contemporary, old standards.
- Special Events: We routinely host wine dinners and prix fixe event dinners. Please subscribe to our email list on our web site to be notified of these events, or follow us on Facebook.
- Cross Street: 60th
- Public Transit: Routes 1, 1A & 15 on San Diego Metro MTS runs east and west in front of our Bistro along El Cajon Blvd.
Bistro Sixty & San Diego Desserts are west of College Avenue
Visit http://www.sdmts.com/ for more information.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on El Cajon Blvd or on side streets. For dinner, you may also park in the Citibank or Union Bank lots across the street.
A word from bistro sixty
Bistro Sixty is an evolution that started with San Diego Desserts wholesale bakery in 1999, providing desserts to local restaurants, hotels and other venues. We've evolved to a full bistro and wine bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week plus Sunday brunch. We have an enclosed heated patio with live music 6nights a week. And of course, we still have amazing desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
bistro sixty - Best Restaurants in College Area ›
bistro sixty reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (24)special occasion (12)romantic (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- padamspadamsDined on 10/23/2014Great food and wine. Sara was our wonderful server. We always love this place for dinner or brunch. It is a great neighborhood restuarant and always enjoy being here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for Everyone!HappybakerDined on 10/17/2014We chose Bistro Sixty over another restaurant as it appeared to have more choices. We made the right choice! If you are a carnivore, a veggie or something in-between, you will find something you like, maybe even love, at Bistro Sixty. Heck, I'd go just for the truffle fries! The one downer? The service can be slow. But I'd rather have fab food and slow service than fast service and bad food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDawnDined on 10/14/2014Bistro Sixty is one of my favorite places to eat and drink good wine. The desserts are amazing and the atmosphere is welcoming. The owners and staff take good care of us every time. If you haven't been you must give it a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 60mabistroDined on 10/13/2014Bistro 60 is the best! Mark & Arturo are awesome. The Bistro was very busy the night we were there, but everyone was happy and listening to great music on the patio, while enjoying the great variety of wine.. Specials everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeRedSoxFanVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great little spot...did not realize this place has been her for 15 years. Simple fare executed with flair. Steak burger was done perfectly and the onion jam on top was just right - did not overwhelm the beef. Grilled chicken was a huge portion, and just as good the next day for lunch. Au gratin potato was a substitution - no problem. Great fun. Live music performer came in just as we were leaving but it was pleasant background and did not raise the noise level from diners talking.Special Features:
- Love Bistro 60VirgVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always a great experience at Bistro 60. Between Nathan on the guitar and the excellent food and service, it cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Very good food and service!Aztec4LifedinerDined on 9/25/2014Fine dining with a casual feel at at Bistro 60. My wife and I always have a great experience at this College Area neighborhood establishment. Changing specials and items on the regular menu always offer an inviting return trip for us to Bistro 60.Special Features:
- A nice findLivinginlamesaDined on 9/19/2014Visited Bistro Sixty for the first time. The restaurant is decorated quite nicely and our server John was very attentive. The chicken pot pie was delicious but the scallops, although tasty, weren't quite warm enough upon delivery. The music was good but the volume probably should be turned down a bit. Having said that, it's nice to have another good restaurant choice nearby and we will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserts tooworldbirderDined on 9/12/2014Bistro offers excellent service, beautifully prepared fresh food and good wines at a reasonable price. Has become one of two places I always eat at when I visit my relatives in the College Area.Special Features:
- Always goodWinendineDined on 9/12/2014I have always been pleased with everything. It is a favorite for food, wine, nice live music and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 60FirstMrAs4DinDined on 9/6/2014Great food and wine, fantastic diverse entertainment for all tastes. Enjoy the friendly and caring wait owers and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual atmosphere/grt meetup spotsdladyDined on 8/31/2014Start with desserts!In the college area, this is a good place to meet friends. A good wine selection, great prices, and superb desserts, so save room ALWAYS for the sweets. There often is live entertainment with seating on an enclosed patio and in the restaurant. Went for Sunday brunch and have been for late afternoon wine, with a cabaret entertainment. Definitely a place I will go back to.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood DiningFamilyDined on 8/23/2014Friendly staff, great food and good music with dinner. Sunday brunch is a relaxing way to start the day. Good selection of food, with great specials every night. A great selection of wines, with a very knowledgable staff to help with your selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed first experience - dinner. Reservations easy - honored.
- Unexpected SurpriseElizabethVIPDined on 8/18/2014I went with a friend, as it was located between our two residences. Neither of us were familiar with the area, but we were both pleasantly surprised by the service and food. We opted for small plates and split a bottle of wine. Our waiter was super patient when we took his table all night, catching up. The live music was nice, as well. Only downside - no air conditioning, though they had plenty of fans going. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Sara is a superior server!GreatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service, and music. Huge selection wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulMichaelDined on 8/10/2014Brought 3 friends, staff treated us like royalty, great wine, delicious food, beautiful live music, such a warm atmosphere, definitely recommending it to others, and will be going back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food, service, music all fabulous (as usual)! This restaurant never disappoints me.Special Features:
- Great food! Reasonably pricedSteve9erDined on 8/2/2014We came in on a referral & we were immediately impressed with the decor. The menus & specials were varied & would appeal to most foodies We had the fresh Halibut & steak hamburger. Halibut was cooked perfect Steak hamburger was amazing. Deserts are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExpereienceSoYummyDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Tuesday evening. I ordered the Angus Bistro Burger. It was the best burger I have ever had in San Diego. Excellent salad a well. Our waiter did a supreme job in answering our questions. He was very polite and prompt. This was our first visit. We will certainly be back with friends. I give Bistro Sixty an A-Plus rating. And the desserts were so delicious. Ummmm. We thoroughly enjoyed the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, as alwaysAnneSelDined on 7/14/2014We are regulars but brought three friends for whom it was their first time dining at Bistro 60. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Mark always has interesting items on the menu which are not usually found elsewhere.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the bistro sixty reviews archive.
- Great food, friendly musicpollygDined on 6/30/2014The food was teasty and the crowd was friendly. The music started early and was level was aproperiate to the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.RichDined on 6/30/2014My parents were in town and we always make at least one trip to Bistro Sixty when they're here. Mark and the team create a friendly, welcoming environment and are almost like family. Plus, it's 6 blocks from our house - so it's a great go-to with good food, great wine and always full of fun people from the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Better Every Time!GreatVIPDined on 6/28/2014Deviated from what I ordinarily eat....OMG....was not disappointed. The swordfish was prepared as ordered and was delicious!Special Features:
- Good food and awesome musicJustinmwDined on 6/24/2014This was our first time at bistro sixty and it was really enjoyable. We went to see Bob Wade play on Wednesday night and he was great. The food was very good, but the server was not attentive. Would rate everything highly but the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine BistroSandiSueDined on 6/22/2014Love this place. The menu is always changing with new delicious appetizers, entree’s & wines. Love the gathering tables and large bar area. The patio is awesome and has live music every night. Pet friendly, GREAT Brunch menu, perfect amount of food. The owners are very personable and take great pride in making sure everyone is satisfied with service and food. I’ve watched it evolve from a Great Dessert place to a classy Bistro Food & Wine Bar. Desserts are still the best in town! My favorite local hang out hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice find...TerrieVIPDined on 6/14/2014and the four of us greatly enjoyed our dinner, which ranged from flat bread to ravioli to steak burgers....all very good. It was very empty for a saturday night. Suspect the location has something to do with that.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 6/7/2014Fabulous as usual! yummy in the tummy; service w/a smileSpecial Features:
- Great spot for all ages2OldiesButGoodiesDined on 5/30/2014My wife & I went on a Friday evening. Nathan Welden was singing on the patio. What a voice! Young and old alike were entertained. Food was excellent. My wife said their Brussel Sprouts were the best she has ever had. I had an excellent stuffed Portabella Mushroom. Service was good. I thought the prices were a tad high, (I usually do!). But considering the overall experience, it was money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2niteDined on 5/21/2014great service. we had to switch to a larger table and the switch was made with good cheer even tho I messed up. service was appropriate for our group who were there to celebrate a birthday. the prices were good, food good...we have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour PlaceKarinDined on 5/13/2014Great wine list, service very attentive and the food is wonderful. Live music at night, fun clientele. Only negative, needs more air conditioning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PEOPLE and GREAT WINEHotSpotBlondieDined on 5/5/2014The waiter who serviced me and my husband was adorable and super sweet. Very attentive without ever being pushy, the place is gorgeous and the wine is extensive. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Boulevard Surpriseeastcounty75foodieDined on 5/3/2014Who would have thought such great food was hiding in this funky old building? The food (I had the salmon special, my husband had the crab/shrimp sliders) was delicious and our waiter was very helpful and accommodating. Music that night was smooth jazz and not so loud that we couldn't have a nice conversation. The only downside was the lack of adequate a/c on one of the hottest days in May. We'll be back but will chose the appropriate weather.Special Features:
- Best Food in the SDSU areasrsinsdsuDined on 4/27/2014Enjoyed a great diner at The Bistro last weekend. The Pork Tenderloin was excellent and their Brussel Sprout appetizer is delicious. The service was prompt and personal making a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and desertsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2014Great neighborhood dining spot. Interesting menu and wonderful deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My eggs benedict with potatoes was delicious. Just enough food without going crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreNoneDined on 4/20/2014The live music was too loud especially for brunch, we couldn't hear each other talk. The food was average, the French toast was dry and more like coffee cake, the eggs benedict were not good, the ham on them tasted like packaged deli ham.
- Best FoodPsadams52Dined on 4/19/2014Love this place. Amazing food and wine. Oh, and don't forget the desserts. Crazy good. Great community restaurant. Mark and Artuto are the owners and hosts. Love you guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!HappyFoodieDined on 4/16/2014I've been going to Bistro 60 for about a year now after being introduced to it by a friend. I always - always! have a wonderful experience! The food is absolutely delicious as well as interesting, prepared perfectly, and presented artfully, alongside a wonderful wine list. The wait staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. The live music is a delight too, and not at all too loud. It was quite easy to talk to my dinner companion while enjoying the music. Who could ask for more? Go! You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Wow! Wow!CowlesMtnCommunityFdnDined on 4/10/2014What a find! We put in a reservation for a large group about two hours before arrival and were treated so well. The place was hopping with great music, the wine list had a wonderful selection for all price ranges, the food was superb and arrived quickly. They even had a semi-private room for large groups that was just perfect. We couldn't have asked for better service from the wait staff or a more attentive chef/owner, even though he clearly had a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.