5987 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92115Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrosixtysd.com/
- Phone: 6192878186
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Leisman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We create a custom menu for you based on the theme of your party or needs of your guests. From appetizers to entrees to buffet to desserts: every menu is different for every catering event.
Contact us today to discuss your catering needs.
- Entertainment: Music Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings starting at 6:30 pm and Sunday Brunch starting at 11am. Local artists vary each night but feature guitar, jazz, adult contemporary, old standards.
- Special Events: We routinely host wine dinners and prix fixe event dinners. Please subscribe to our email list on our web site to be notified of these events, or follow us on Facebook.
- Cross Street: 60th
- Public Transit: Routes 1, 1A & 15 on San Diego Metro MTS runs east and west in front of our Bistro along El Cajon Blvd.
Bistro Sixty & San Diego Desserts are west of College Avenue
Visit http://www.sdmts.com/ for more information.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on El Cajon Blvd or on side streets. For dinner, you may also park in the Citibank or Union Bank lots across the street.
A word from bistro sixty
Bistro Sixty is an evolution that started with San Diego Desserts wholesale bakery in 1999, providing desserts to local restaurants, hotels and other venues. We've evolved to a full bistro and wine bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week plus Sunday brunch. We have an enclosed heated patio with live music 6nights a week. And of course, we still have amazing desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
bistro sixty - Best Restaurants in College Area ›
bistro sixty reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (23)special occasion (16)good for groups (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unexpected SurpriseElizabethVIPDined on 8/18/2014I went with a friend, as it was located between our two residences. Neither of us were familiar with the area, but we were both pleasantly surprised by the service and food. We opted for small plates and split a bottle of wine. Our waiter was super patient when we took his table all night, catching up. The live music was nice, as well. Only downside - no air conditioning, though they had plenty of fans going. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Sara is a superior server!GreatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service, and music. Huge selection wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulMichaelDined on 8/10/2014Brought 3 friends, staff treated us like royalty, great wine, delicious food, beautiful live music, such a warm atmosphere, definitely recommending it to others, and will be going back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food, service, music all fabulous (as usual)! This restaurant never disappoints me.Special Features:
- Great food! Reasonably pricedSteve9erDined on 8/2/2014We came in on a referral & we were immediately impressed with the decor. The menus & specials were varied & would appeal to most foodies We had the fresh Halibut & steak hamburger. Halibut was cooked perfect Steak hamburger was amazing. Deserts are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExpereienceSoYummyDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Tuesday evening. I ordered the Angus Bistro Burger. It was the best burger I have ever had in San Diego. Excellent salad a well. Our waiter did a supreme job in answering our questions. He was very polite and prompt. This was our first visit. We will certainly be back with friends. I give Bistro Sixty an A-Plus rating. And the desserts were so delicious. Ummmm. We thoroughly enjoyed the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, as alwaysAnneSelDined on 7/14/2014We are regulars but brought three friends for whom it was their first time dining at Bistro 60. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Mark always has interesting items on the menu which are not usually found elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly musicpollygDined on 6/30/2014The food was teasty and the crowd was friendly. The music started early and was level was aproperiate to the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.RichDined on 6/30/2014My parents were in town and we always make at least one trip to Bistro Sixty when they're here. Mark and the team create a friendly, welcoming environment and are almost like family. Plus, it's 6 blocks from our house - so it's a great go-to with good food, great wine and always full of fun people from the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Better Every Time!GreatVIPDined on 6/28/2014Deviated from what I ordinarily eat....OMG....was not disappointed. The swordfish was prepared as ordered and was delicious!Special Features:
- Good food and awesome musicJustinmwDined on 6/24/2014This was our first time at bistro sixty and it was really enjoyable. We went to see Bob Wade play on Wednesday night and he was great. The food was very good, but the server was not attentive. Would rate everything highly but the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine BistroSandiSueDined on 6/22/2014Love this place. The menu is always changing with new delicious appetizers, entree’s & wines. Love the gathering tables and large bar area. The patio is awesome and has live music every night. Pet friendly, GREAT Brunch menu, perfect amount of food. The owners are very personable and take great pride in making sure everyone is satisfied with service and food. I’ve watched it evolve from a Great Dessert place to a classy Bistro Food & Wine Bar. Desserts are still the best in town! My favorite local hang out hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice find...TerrieVIPDined on 6/14/2014and the four of us greatly enjoyed our dinner, which ranged from flat bread to ravioli to steak burgers....all very good. It was very empty for a saturday night. Suspect the location has something to do with that.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 6/7/2014Fabulous as usual! yummy in the tummy; service w/a smileSpecial Features:
- Great spot for all ages2OldiesButGoodiesDined on 5/30/2014My wife & I went on a Friday evening. Nathan Welden was singing on the patio. What a voice! Young and old alike were entertained. Food was excellent. My wife said their Brussel Sprouts were the best she has ever had. I had an excellent stuffed Portabella Mushroom. Service was good. I thought the prices were a tad high, (I usually do!). But considering the overall experience, it was money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2niteDined on 5/21/2014great service. we had to switch to a larger table and the switch was made with good cheer even tho I messed up. service was appropriate for our group who were there to celebrate a birthday. the prices were good, food good...we have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour PlaceKarinDined on 5/13/2014Great wine list, service very attentive and the food is wonderful. Live music at night, fun clientele. Only negative, needs more air conditioning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PEOPLE and GREAT WINEHotSpotBlondieDined on 5/5/2014The waiter who serviced me and my husband was adorable and super sweet. Very attentive without ever being pushy, the place is gorgeous and the wine is extensive. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Boulevard Surpriseeastcounty75foodieDined on 5/3/2014Who would have thought such great food was hiding in this funky old building? The food (I had the salmon special, my husband had the crab/shrimp sliders) was delicious and our waiter was very helpful and accommodating. Music that night was smooth jazz and not so loud that we couldn't have a nice conversation. The only downside was the lack of adequate a/c on one of the hottest days in May. We'll be back but will chose the appropriate weather.Special Features:
- Best Food in the SDSU areasrsinsdsuDined on 4/27/2014Enjoyed a great diner at The Bistro last weekend. The Pork Tenderloin was excellent and their Brussel Sprout appetizer is delicious. The service was prompt and personal making a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and desertsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2014Great neighborhood dining spot. Interesting menu and wonderful deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the bistro sixty reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My eggs benedict with potatoes was delicious. Just enough food without going crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreNoneDined on 4/20/2014The live music was too loud especially for brunch, we couldn't hear each other talk. The food was average, the French toast was dry and more like coffee cake, the eggs benedict were not good, the ham on them tasted like packaged deli ham.
- Best FoodPsadams52Dined on 4/19/2014Love this place. Amazing food and wine. Oh, and don't forget the desserts. Crazy good. Great community restaurant. Mark and Artuto are the owners and hosts. Love you guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!HappyFoodieDined on 4/16/2014I've been going to Bistro 60 for about a year now after being introduced to it by a friend. I always - always! have a wonderful experience! The food is absolutely delicious as well as interesting, prepared perfectly, and presented artfully, alongside a wonderful wine list. The wait staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. The live music is a delight too, and not at all too loud. It was quite easy to talk to my dinner companion while enjoying the music. Who could ask for more? Go! You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Wow! Wow!CowlesMtnCommunityFdnDined on 4/10/2014What a find! We put in a reservation for a large group about two hours before arrival and were treated so well. The place was hopping with great music, the wine list had a wonderful selection for all price ranges, the food was superb and arrived quickly. They even had a semi-private room for large groups that was just perfect. We couldn't have asked for better service from the wait staff or a more attentive chef/owner, even though he clearly had a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2014WONDERFUL place!! Neighborhood feel with FAB food & an incredible wine list. Desserts to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Music Saturday nightGreatVIPDined on 4/5/2014Jazz Music Saturday night was fabulous. Great ambiance. Will definitely return. Lovely evening and the food was fabulous!!! Loved the jazz too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Local Bistro BarSandiSueDined on 3/23/2014We always have a great experience and delicious food here, but tonight I tried the Chicken Diane off their new spring menu and it was fabulous! My friend had the Tuna Tartare Tower and she said it was delish and it was REALLY pretty too- Will try that next time. Mondays and Tuesdays are great days to try a nice bottle of wine at 30% off. They have a great selection of wines to buy and take home now as well as some handcrafted gifts for Sale. I especially LOVE my hand painted wine glasses made by a local artist. There’s always something for everyone here, even if you’re just cruisin in for a glass of wine and dessert. My favorite local Bistro by far!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this placeGloberVIPDined on 3/22/2014Everything about this place was great! Very attentive service from Rick, the owner and the food was really good and well priced. We needed to get to another event and everyone was very accomodating to us. Would definitely recommend this place if you want to eat before going to Moxie Theatre or just anytime!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful romantic timeRonkeidarDined on 3/16/2014Me and my wife had a great time, some disclaimers - we came at 7PM and the place was still empty - that’s the way i like it. When we left it was half full, but still quiet. Instead of ordering entrees we order four first dishes, so it cost the same more variety less quantities. All four dishes were great. And couple of singers sang all evening smooth songs with acoustic guitar and Banjo, exactly the sort of music we love, so luck contributed, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try The SalmonPilgrimDined on 3/15/2014The salmon was cooked perfectly and has a great slightly spicy sauce that is just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother... even for dessert.HenskiDined on 3/13/2014Pot pie was dry, ravioli came 20 minutes late and was not cooked, salads were wilted and brown... And they were not supposed to be. The owner comped some stuff, but when you leave a place still hungry and feeling ignored, what's the use of getting things for free? I will not be back... Even for dessert.Special Features:
- A favorite 'go to' spot.rckcDined on 3/8/2014whether meeting someone for lunch or having a date night, the food is great and the desserts are wonderful. Service is usually good but a little slow when they get busy. I'm not a big wine drinker but can trust Mark to make a good choice for me when I ask. There's a nice feel to the place that we like.Special Features:
- Bistro Sixty - Great Spot!slammonDined on 3/7/2014You don't have to go downtown or to La Jolla or other trendy parts of town to enjoy a great meal and ambience. Check out Bistro Sixty in El Cerrito. They have great ambience for an evening dinner to go with their fab menu - and they are an awesome breakfast place, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intriguing Menu -mertsDined on 3/3/2014The environment is warm and inviting; the menu interesting with an array of flavorful food. The salmon with Chile glaze is one of the best salmon dishes I have had. Portabella mushrooms baked with gorgonzola cheese are delicious and if you need assistance with wine pairing, don't fear they will select the perfect wine for you. Once you've come to the restaurant, you will always feel like you are returning to a friends home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued Excellence!IntheHoodDined on 3/1/2014Excellent food & wine, as usual, and enjoyed the musical duo very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excitment is pittering out....AprilGVIPDined on 2/27/2014When this place came to the college area we were excited as there aren't many non-chain restaurants. We really like neighborhood eateries which this tries to be. The first time we went there is was pretty good. The second time the service definitely seemed to slack and the food was average.
- Bistro 60SmoozeyDined on 2/25/2014Wonderful experience! Food was good and the wine list wonderful. Friendly service too. We happen to be dining on a Tuesday evening, with live music playing and enjoyed every song! Dessert was delectable. We had the pistachio baklava and the chocolate mousse - we enjoyed every bite! We will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Found this restaurant via Open Table when another La Mesa restaurant was already booked. Wanted a nice atmosphere, good, food and nice wine. This met all three categories! There was some nice live music as well on Saturday night! I live in Lemon Grove (where there are essentially no good restaurants) and finding a nearby cute place is always welcome! I like nearby Terra American Bistro too, but felt this was one little step above in terms of ambiance. You should give it a try! I will be back soon!Special Features: