Bistro Seven Three
73 Mine Brook Rd
Bernardsville, NJ 07924Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Seven Three
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroseventhree.com/
- Phone: 9087667400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Catering: Catering is available upon request
A word from Bistro Seven Three
Welcome to Bistro Seven.Three, a modern BYOB bistro right in the neighborhood. We strive to offer bistro cuisine with a global eclectic twist. Come in to try our signature sushi pizza - a crunchy rice cake topped with Ahi Tuna and chopped greens. Or stick with a bistro classic - our garlicky grilled hanger steak, crowned with a medallion of melting herb butter, served with frites. Whatever the dish, it is sure to be executed to perfection and served with pride. Our staff is attentive, friendly and committed to making your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Seven Three reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Our home away from homePattyODined on 8/6/2014Always welcoming, always delicious, and well-priced; Bistro Seven Three is our favorite neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Food. Service, AmbiancetommyondDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were excellent. Servers made us feel comfortable and welcome. Had the Bistro Rigatoni which I would definitely recommend. Noise level was perfect, could hear my conversation fine without feeling like others were listening. Overall Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING foodkg123Dined on 7/29/2014Outstanding food, probably second only to Bernard's Inn, if I were to rank the places I've been to so far in the Bernardsville/Basking Ridge area. My new and instant favorite! Our service was excellent and the only reason I didn't rate that part higher was that we received almost too much attention as we had a reservation on the early side and were one of three tables. Based on some of the conversations I overheard, it sounds like they have been renovating the interior and all of the hard and effort to make the restaurant successful shows. I can't wait to go back and honestly, even if the decor and service was terrible, I would go anyway for the food. Try the sushi app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too attentive.ctmomDined on 7/25/2014The food was great! The service was good. If anything a bit too attentive. Water glasses refilled with just one sip taken. My dish was wisked away before I had a chance to dip my bread into the wonderful sauce from my ravioli appetizer. Looks like they are redecorating, not a thing on the stark white walls, but that didn't take away from a very good meal. Bonus that you can BYOB. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014I am pleased that they did some repainting and remodeling to make the restaurant more up-to-date. The food is as good as ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014The two dining rooms were repainted and remodeled recently, opening the space and making the restaurant brighter. Afrim does not spend as much time in this location as the New Providence spot has opened. But the food was just as good as always. And, the wait staff is quite friendly.Special Features:
- Could be betterMrsOTUDined on 7/11/2014The food is pretty good, not spectacular. The hard wooden chairs are so uncomfortable! Why in the world do they serve those pre-made, boxed frozen sorbet desserts that come in their shell (i.e.: coconut shell, lemon shell, etc)??? Very cheesy and uninspired. I can buy those in the grocery store. The one constant in the very pleasant waitstaff.
- Good, could be betterMrsOTUDined on 6/29/2014Cute place. Pleasant waitstaff. Entrees are pretty good, as are the desserts. The salads could be better. When you say there is feta or goat cheese in a salad, there should be more than a couple of scarce remnants that you have to search for in the bowl. It was Sunday, and the bread in the basket was clearly from the day before and not fresh. And lastly, what I hate at any restaurant, sitting on hard completely wooden chairs. When I go out for a relaxing dinner---I don't want to sit on a hard wooden (seat and back) chair. This is not kindergarten. At leaf get a chair that is upholstered on the seat!
- Had high expectationsNancyDined on 6/28/2014Heard very good things from a few reliable sources. Service was attentive and food was clean tasting--which is important to me--but not very flavorful. Appreciated that salt wasn't overused, but could have had more zest from herbs and spices.Special Features:
- Easy access and BYOBRazzazVIPDined on 6/18/2014This place strives for a gourmet presence. The dishes are well presented and seasoned. If you have a seasoning preference, indicate it when you order your dish to avoid surprises. Many people like this place, and yet I find it quite accessible on most evenings, by Open Table. Another big plus, parking has been always easy to find.Special Features:
- Consistently TerrificFoodieVIPDined on 6/6/2014You can't beat this neighborhood Bistro for great food, friendly and attentive service and a bustling atmosphere. We go often, most recently on a spring Friday night, and they always make us feel like they are so glad to see us again. The regular menu is great and there is always a long list of seasonal specials. I had an incredible citrus salmon served over a salad of chopped tomatoes and avocado. My friend started with a stuffed artichoke that was delicious. The guys had the special meatball appetizer with house made gravy. All was delicious and since it's BYOB, you can enjoy your favorite wines with your meal. This is the kind of place you don't want to tell too many people about. You want to keep it all to yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great go-to placeBufrportDined on 6/6/2014This by far is our favorite restaurant in the area. Fresh food with a lovely twist served by friendly pros. They appreciate your business and let you know!Special Features:
- Good foodJnb8Dined on 5/30/2014Had a great meal here, but it was noisy. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Bistro Seven Three reviews archive.
- ReliableGoingOutNowDined on 5/20/2014This was my third time eating at this restaurant. I have enjoyed it each time. The waiter was the same the last two. He was enjoyable and efficient. The food was really good! Pretty on your plate too! It can be quite noisy, but it was also full to the brim on a Tuesday night…that speaks to the quality of the food! I made a special request with my reservation and was very nicely accommodated. All around a very good place to enjoy a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LisaDined on 5/9/2014Once again a terrific meal and terrific service! one of our favorite places!Special Features:
- ManiacDined on 4/26/2014We were a party of four, we all ordered something different and were really impressed with the consistency in the quality of all the dishes. The menu is nicely varied and there are additional specials. The only negative was the noise level. It was very loud! Lots of families with children so not a romantic dinner experience. That said, the overall experience was great: great food, awesome staff (even though there are clearly "regulars" we were treated with the same friendliness and smiles). We wouldl definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Always a great choice!LisaDined on 4/18/2014We always have a fabulous meal, and a fabulous experience when we go to Bistro Seven Three. We have had almost everything on the menu, and everything has been an A++! I am addicted to the Sushi Pizza appetizer! If you are in the area, looking for a neighborhood gem, this is a perfect choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our new favoritesRaisin226VIPDined on 4/18/2014Consistently innovative dishes and outstanding menu staples keep us coming back to this restaurant with great service and delicious food. Our hosts were very accommodating to me with my foot in a cast; provided us with a table in a low traffic area and was careful not to bump.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 4/12/2014Nice find for a great meal in Bernardsville. I can understand why some may think that this BYO bistro can be noisy, especially on a Saturday evening with a private party going on, but I wasn't really bothered. The food was a solid 4 stars; my two specials, which were a roasted cauliflower soup and Cornish hen, were very good . Prices were very good and the portions were very generous. I found the servers very attentive.Special Features:
- Good food but poor serviceoldieDined on 4/3/2014I went with a friend on a Tuesday evening. We were the only ones in the restaurant until we left at 9. Despite that fact, after dessert, we felt the server rush us to pay our bill. And none of the servers really welcomed us when we arrived nor did anything to make us feel special. I felt as if they were tired or ill-trained and didn't really care about our experience at all. Its a shame because the restaurant has an excellent location and great space. Food was good, though. I probably won't return.
- Noise level was off the chartsgusbeeDined on 3/28/2014Good food and pleasant service, but the noise level was off the charts. Something needs to be done to tone it down, especially given the atmosphere and ambiance that they seem to be attempting to portray. I can understand trying to go for the energetic, New York boisterous vibe, but this was more akin to a Seattle Seahawks football game. Unless they fix it, as the owner suggested that they would, I wouldn't go back. The food and service were fine, but the experience is ruined if you can't have a conversation with the person accross the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyFranCVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food and service were really quite good. We share the burrata special, then I had a beef short rib ravioli special that was excellent. Service was very good as well. But be forewarned that the tables are quite close together and the larger main dining room gets quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect All AroundjosephavellinoDined on 3/19/2014From the great personalities who run the restaurant and take care of you throughout dinner to the perfect selections to the preparation, just a super place. Had a wonderful time with someone special which was supported by an all around wonderful environment and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portions of good foodMagistraDined on 3/16/2014Good menu, lots of choices. Good food, excellent, friendly service, fair prices. Huge portions. We had lots to take home, but poorly wrapped. Sauce spilled out of flimsy containers and leaked through the shopping bag,Special Features:
- A FavoriteJDChesterVIPDined on 3/1/2014One of our favorite places. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Our first visit will not be our last! Bustling and a bit loud but the food and staff more then make up for it! My husband is food lover of the highest order and he enjoyed every bite. We were unaware it was byob but the staff is able to procure a bottle for you,so not to worry if you should forget ! Great local placeSpecial Features:
- Had reservation, stood on lineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/22/2014The restaurant clicked on our open table reservation, then proceeded to put us at the end of the queue for people waiting for tables. Our name was written on the list of what seemed to be walk ins, so we were not seated until 20 minutes after we arrived. Food was good, not spectacular. Crab cake over breaded. Banana bread pudding was delicious. Our waiter was terrific and truly cared about our dining experience. But a reservation is merely a suggested time to seat you to them.Special Features:
- Always FantasticBaskingRidgefoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014One of our favorite local places! The owners are so welcoming and every member of the staff is enthusiastic and friendly. This past Saturday, we really enjoyed the Branzino special and also the Bouillabaise. The bread pudding was delicious and coconut sorbet served in a shell was a fun touch. The crowd is happy and having a good time- you can see why!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceKatielynDined on 2/21/2014Heard great things about this place from neighbors and friends; finally got around to checking it out for ourselves and they were right! The food was absolutely great! The specials "of the day" went on forever! We will definitely return to this local find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RosieDined on 2/16/2014There were 5 adults and a one year old. Every dish from apps to dessert was outstanding. Different menu and not the same old thing. Service was great. Specials described beautifully. Had a 6:30 reservation and noise level was ok but as the place filled up got a little loud for me. However that will not stop me from going back. We all will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Place with KinkschelseaDined on 2/16/2014I love Bistro Seven Three, but there are a few things that could be greatly improved upon. Every time I go, there are always some annoying small things that could greatly improve my dining experience. Our coffees were all cold. I ordered my salmon medium - it came out raw. This was quickly corrected, but i don't think the staff always pays attention to what is ordered. Finally, the noise level is ridiculously loud and the service could be a little less frosty. With all that being said, I really like the food and the menu. Despite these small kinks, I would recommend Bistro Seven Three for a good meal.Special Features:
- Anniversary blahsPeteDined on 2/11/2014Went to Bistro 73 to celebrate wedding anniversary and early valentines day,food average,service average,prices high for what's offered and atmosphere plain and noisy.I will not be returning and would not recommend.There are several places with better bang for your buck!
- First time here and we will return!MikeylikesitVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food overall was very good. My wife and I split and appetizer of Calamari which turned out to be a generous portion so good move on our part. Properly prepared with 2 sauces. I ordered off the menu a chicken and sausage dish that came with spinach. Properly prepared in a brown gravy and a bit spicy. My wife had chicken coq au vin. in a burgundy wine saucewhich she was happy with that as well. For desert, I had the cobbler and my wife enjoyed the coconut sorbet served in a coconut shell. The restaurant is byob. Service was attentive. Noise levels became somewhat louder as the time hit the 7:00 mark and tables began to fill. We were there on a Saturday evening and the place was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For LocalsRichVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was the first time we went to Bistro 73. We did have reservations but did not have to wait too long. It's very busy on a Friday night. The server did a very nice job of explaining the specials which were VERY good. The only negative we had we the noise level. We could barely hear each other talk. It was not what we expected but overall is a good local place for a meal.Special Features:
- The food and service wereDaveDined on 1/30/2014The food and service were very good and the menu appealing. The background music was unappealing and too loud at times. All in a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and perfect serviceshoreDined on 1/30/2014We had the most delightful evening at this special restaurant. The food is delicious and the staff is very welcoming. The atmosphere is friendly and intimate - a perfect spot.Special Features:
- Great food, lackadaisical servicePortiaVIPDined on 1/23/2014How disappointing to visit a well-reviewed restaurant for lunch with invited guests and end up needing a semaphore to flag the waiter. Multiple requests to get the first glasses of water served? Waving to get someone to please take the order? Repeatedly begging for the check in a nearly empty restaurant where the wait staff has largely deserted the room? Thank goodness the food was good, because no one on the staff deigned to inquire until the dessert menu was brought. Whoever runs this restaurant needs to sit down with the wait staff and explain to them their job. The chef already knows what to do.
- Consistently Great!NobleStarDined on 1/17/2014We are regulars at Bistro 73 and are never disappointed. Good seasonal menu and bistro standards with an emphasis on fresh seafood, and a staff that serves everyone like a VIP. Bring a nice bottle (or two) of wine and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place - a bit loudPhilPVIPDined on 1/15/2014Good food but not a quiet romantic spot - TVs with sports in the dining room and very frequent service from multiple people makes for a bit of a loud meal. But the food was good and everyone certainly was friendly
- Dinner for Four87thbirthdayDined on 1/11/2014We were sat immediately upon arrival. Our waiter was attentive and took the time to explain the specials and answer questions. We all enjoyed our appetizers - two of us had the salad special - endive with pears and two of us the antipasto tomato and mozzarella. We all enjoyed The mozzarella alone is reason to visit. Our entrees were trout, beef stroganoff and pork medallions - all wonderful. The dessert, a chocolate lava cake was just OK. Complaints - take the TV out of the dining room. It is NOT at all appropriate. The noise level is a problem. It was difficult to converse with the person sitting next to me without shoutingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.