120 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroromano.com/
- Phone: 2159258880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Romano provides off-site catering & theme parties for 25 to 2500.
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Friday & Saturday; Mystery Dinner Theater Friday & Saturday - Must call 215-238-1313 for Mystery Theatre tickets.
- Cross Street: Between Front and 2nd
- Public Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Meters are free after 5pm on Wednesday nights . Discounted parking at Park America Garage at 215 Lombard Street: Sunday-Thursday $6, Friday and Saturday $15. Acquire parking pass from hostess.
A word from Bistro Romano
This Historic Landmark, nestled in an 18th century granary, will stimulate your senses with an ambiance of candlelight and casual elegance while creating an unforgettable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award for our wine list! Voted a “Best of Philly” Restaurant, guests enjoy Bistro Romano’s acclaimed Regional Italian Cuisine and rave of the award-winning Caesar Salad prepared tableside and the romantic underground wine cellar for two. Please call for Wine Cellar and Mystery Theatre reservations. We are now celebrating our 25th year! Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). Over 750 wine selections, including 20 by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Romano - Best Restaurants in Society Hill ›
Bistro Romano reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (163)special occasion (120)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (91)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (41)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great atmosphere3jaysDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely awesome service. Food was good. The dining area downstairs is awesome. Great romantic place for a couple or small groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The service was impeccable. Both the manager Anthony and our waitress were very accommodating. This was even after the fact that our original table we were sat at wasn't to our liking so they were able to move us downstairs without a second thought. The food was also on par and overall not that expensive considering the homemade pasta and slow cooked meats. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Fun and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You have to go. A new tradition place to visit. Service, ambience, food great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceFoodieforLifeDined on 9/19/2014Went for restaurant week, food was awesome Fried artichokes were amazing, lobster ravioli to die for, goat cheese tortellini were melt in your mouth. The osso buco and mushroom risotto were also very, very good Service was excellent The restaurant itself is a treasure, lots of history and beautiful job keeping the building true to its originsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant week pickEmmaDined on 9/19/2014Food-wise the standouts were perch (who has perch on the menu? and it was nicely cooked), pasta fazool, and limoncello sorbet. The service was friendly and attentive but slow. This was fine with my party & me; we were super busy talking and very happy to linger. Perhaps if we had been tapping our collective feet and glowering it would have been faster. The downstairs dining room is an authentic Italian buca. I thought the wine list was very sensible and sensibly organized. They had a decent selection of wines by the glass on the menu itself so you didn't need a PhD in oenology or hours at your disposal to make your choice. I had a red wine from Liguria (which is all I can remember about it, sorry) that was very good and modestly priced.Special Features:
- the HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014When we arrived at Bistro Romano, the Hostess was unfriendly, unsmiling, and unwelcoming. She was unable to find our reservation and when I showed that it was kk on my smartphone, she didn't acknowledge. Happily a gentleman came and was able to kk our table. The food was delicious. And Rosie our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Bistro Romano is a beautiful restaurant with an interesting history. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The food was creative and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ChullyDined on 9/13/2014One word for the food = Orgasmic! Everything was just absolutely perfect! I am seriously considering traveling to Philadelphia from NJ at least once a month just to eat here!.Special Features:
- Love itLovedDined on 9/13/2014This place was great. Awesome for a date. The ambiance is classy, the service is great and the food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badReviewedDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week, never visited here before. When we walked in our table wasn't ready, so we hung at the bar for about 5 minutes. There was a pianist playing familliar songs, which was sweet. We waited a while for any attention after seated. Our server was nice, but he looked overworked and I felt like he had one foot in different directions. When he came to our table and asked us if we needed anything, I know he was secretly hoping we didn't want anything. Also, the walls are stone, but there's white granular gunk on it, which I was scared to rub against. Looked very sketchy. Anyway, food was great, ambiance was ok, Service was eh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY nice service, GREAT food!RedBeardDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was great! Polite, fast, and vert nice. The food was delicious, the bruschetta was varied and tasty, the appetizers were very good, the calamari was amazing, the cheese was good but not quite what we expected. The lobster ravioli was AMAZING! The desert, cheesecake, and the tira misu, were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedfoodiecriticDined on 9/12/2014Friendly and attentive staff, prompt service, romantic, cozy ambiance. I am glad we tried Bistro Romano. I had the Lobster Ravioli and it was absolutely delicious! My husband, who is not a foodie like myself ordered the duck and said it was the best thing he ever ate! We have this on our list of places to revisit for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food pleasures on a budgetAjaiTheFoodieDined on 9/11/2014Decided to indulge in restaurant week w/ my mother and agreed to dine at Bistro Romano. Walking in takes me back to my trip to Rome and the decor is quaint. My mother was very pleased with the food and the ambiance, and I was very pleased with the service. Definitely a place enjoy a lovely meal w/ family or w/ that special someone. Also, try a drink at the bar. The design is jaw dropping to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy wife,made very happy husbandweluvBistroDined on 9/9/2014Most fabulous restuarant in society hill. I was in the dog house,so to speak...even though the small cake i ordered for my wife,it was our anniversary, didnt make it...i still was king!! Everything about this restuarant was beyond perfect.,so much, when back at the hyatt,security was called,lol, they thought it was a screaming,knock down fight...not at all!! Bistro romano made my night cap with my wife, like we were teenagers again!! Price was right, food was superb,and we walked back to the hyatt pawwing at each other. I owe bistro romano a kidney if he needed it!! Its a must go,eat,drink,and be shown super gratitude from the misses afterwards. No more dog house for me!! Love this place. You will love it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpebblesdiz62Dined on 9/9/2014Our service from the moment we walked in was great. Food was excellent n it was so easy to reserve using open table. thanks for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ???lobsterDined on 9/8/2014Did not know what was included in restaurant week special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaaliDined on 9/7/2014Came here to celebrate my Mom's birthday. The food was outstanding. You could tell that everything was made fresh. The service was attentive and the manager even gave us free desserts. It was a great experience and I would recommend to anyone who enjoys fresh Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This is a great place for a relaxing dinner with great food! A little expensive for the portions but very fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant and ambience.Charis7Dined on 9/1/2014A friend had a 5 hour overlay waiting to fly to Europe from the Midwest. My wife and I needed to find a restaurant where we could talk and catch up. I scanned Trip Advisor for an hour as he had some food requests. Italian fit the bill. The first several we tried were not open, but I am glad. A few said the atmosphere was a bit loud. Bistro Romano was listed as Romantic and I can see why. Not that we were looking for that, but we were looking for quiet and romantic seemed closest to fitting that bill. It really is one of the best I've been to as far as a romantic setting and very close to what I experienced in Rome when I lived there. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonerDined on 8/31/2014We chose this restaurant for our 53 anniversary celebration and thought it was wonderful. Food was great and the Caesar salad preparation at our table was so much fun. The only thing I would change is that we ordered a glass of wine which was delicious but I thought the portion was skimpy. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingcogan138Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have been the Bistro Romano at least 15 times since we found it. We attempt to go at least once a month for our "Date Night" without the kids. In those experiences, we have never had a bad meal. Now that's consistency and a great reason for going back. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is great for an adult night night with or without friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in PhillypwillDined on 8/30/2014This is by far the best Italian restaurant by far!! All the servers are the friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your satisfied! The Manger is there all the time stopping by every table to make sure you enjoy every second of your dinner his name is Anthony and he will make sure you have the best experience!! The food is great the service is great the scene is very romantic! You should take your date here to make them happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ali WestAli7884Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I had a great time. The food was very good and prepared as ordered and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambiance!Steph73Dined on 8/29/2014Visited Philly for the first time and came across this gem of a restaurant. Romantic atmosphere. Ceasar salad doesn't get any better than the one that is prepared at the table side. Roasted duck is definitely a must! Would highly recommend for a relaxed, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy our nightLeaveAMarkDined on 8/26/2014The service was good, we had a nice waitress who made sure to check on us and bring what we wanted with out long waits in between. The food was okay. My wife had the Lobster Ravioli which I thought was good. I had the sausage with broccoli rabe pasta. Again not amazing but still good. The overall atmosphere of the place though is fantastic. We sat downstairs and besides the rocking chairs cause the floor was uneven we did enjoy ourselves. Its worth checking out at least once. But probably not a place we would want to frequent often.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceConnieVIPDined on 8/25/2014We really loved this restaurant. Charming place with great food and service. The only negative was a couple of small children who could be heard throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint 18th century venuefromtheburbsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner there; we went to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday.Special Features:
- disappointing changedisappointedDined on 8/20/2014we have been periodically going to Bistro Romano for 20 or so years. always consistently good with many menu choices. we hadn't been to Bistro Romano for a while. atmosphere is the same; cozy and romantic. the menu changed, but not for the better: fewer items and not as appealing choices. we might give BR one more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant has really gone downhill over the years. Even with a groupon, we did not get good value or service. Appetizer was delivered before I received a my glass of wine or a basket of bread. Both of which we had to ask for a second time. The rigatoni was very overcooked. I had more slivers of pasta than whole rigatonis. We were in and out of the restaurant within 40 minutes and this included ordering and paying. Would not recommend this restaurant at all.
- We enjoyed are anniversary dinner!Dee1126Dined on 8/17/2014I would like to thank everyone for making my Anniversary dinner a night to remember. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICMRSF71Dined on 8/16/2014Beginning to end, great service, atmosphere, and Wonderful food. Delicious. Always consistent. Not overpriced.Special Features:
- Wonderful Eveningbritfrompitt1VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Bistro Romano. It exceeded our expectations. Great wine, really good food, excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- OkMichaelDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations but still had to wait at the bar to be seated. Also, they have a notable wine list but they didn't have the correct vintage of any of either of the wines we asked for. The staff was very apologetic and professional. Still, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great Food MostlyMizBBKDined on 8/15/2014Hadn't been here for awhile, but decided to go for a family birthday. We each had seafood (fish/pasta) and enjoyed our dishes. The appetizers tasted fine, but were a bit high priced for what we had ($13 for a small plate of thinly sliced mozzarella, small tomato slices and a garnish of roasted peppers). The stuffed mushrooms had a loose sausage mix in a cream sauce--a bit rich. We shared a couple of tiramisus for dessert--very good, but the coffee was served with milk (not cream) and not hot enough. So, mostly good, but could be better.Special Features:
- RecommendedoutoftownerDined on 8/13/2014Very nice restaurant! I was visiting from out of town and the setting was lovely, the dining room quiet, and the food delicious (although my dish was a tad salty). Our waiter was especially great: attentive, charming, and sociable, without being over-solicitous I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experience overallAkendrVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've eaten at Bistro Romano many times and enjoyed it. This time was different. They promoted a special August menu which we reserved. They were sold out of some of the main course entrees and deserts. The remaining ones were paltry. The waiter tried to accommodate us by giving us the appetizers off the special menu, then choosing from the regular menu for the main. I chose something from the regular menu that I had before. This time it was soggy, over cooked and greasy. We may not return anytime soon.
- August AnniversaryWolfDined on 8/9/2014We had a very memorable evening at the Bistro Romano. We had met for our first date 3 years ago at this very romantic dinner spot. The service is great. Our waitress managed to find two wine glasses with the restaurant name on it and wrapped them very carefully in a bag (we did pay for them a very nominal amount). This is a restaurant that will make you want to come back time and time again. Great for couples or just a group of friends. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKaleidogirlVIPDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. As out-of-towners, we took a shot since it was close to our hotel. It did not disappoint. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. The wine list is extensive. We ordered the Caesar salad prepared tableside, and it was fantastic. The entrees were delicious, and plentiful proportions. There was no room for dessert. Service was very attentive, from the waitress to the manager.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Great place to go if you really want to impress someone romantically. The ambiance of this place is perfect. The Caesar Salad is perfection.Special Features:
- Wonderful anytime!SuzegalVIPDined on 8/5/2014Four had dinner. Everyone was pleased. Caesar salad was wonderful as usual. Decent sized portions for big appetites. I had gnocchi with duck confit. I was very happy. Another had lobster ravioli. He was very happy. Only complaint is that crust of sugar on creme brûlée seemed to have been done in advance. It was not crusty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.