120 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroromano.com/
- Phone: 2159258880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Romano provides off-site catering & theme parties for 25 to 2500.
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Friday & Saturday; Mystery Dinner Theater Friday & Saturday - Must call 215-238-1313 for Mystery Theatre tickets.
- Cross Street: Between Front and 2nd
- Public Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Meters are free after 5pm on Wednesday nights . Discounted parking at Park America Garage at 215 Lombard Street: Sunday-Thursday $6, Friday and Saturday $15. Acquire parking pass from hostess.
A word from Bistro Romano
This Historic Landmark, nestled in an 18th century granary, will stimulate your senses with an ambiance of candlelight and casual elegance while creating an unforgettable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award for our wine list! Voted a “Best of Philly” Restaurant, guests enjoy Bistro Romano’s acclaimed Regional Italian Cuisine and rave of the award-winning Caesar Salad prepared tableside and the romantic underground wine cellar for two. Please call for Wine Cellar and Mystery Theatre reservations. We are now celebrating our 25th year! Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). Over 750 wine selections, including 20 by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Romano - Best Restaurants in Society Hill ›
Bistro Romano reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (170)special occasion (127)neighborhood gem (105)notable wine list (94)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (43)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Nice End to The SeasonwawagasmanDined on 9/28/2014Great place for all type of food. All four of our meals were outstanding. Good wine list as well. Great ending to a lackluster Phillies SeasonSpecial Features:
- Always PleasedLoveMyFoodDined on 9/27/2014With our evening meal at Bistro Romano. Once a year we head to this restaurant for a terrific meal and service! This year is not a disappointment. We always start with a reasonable priced wine and stuff mushroom appetizer. Then onto the entrees for me it will be a veal dish and for my significant other a seafood dish with scallops. We even contemplated dessert but passed.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This place is a hidden gem! Loved the romantic atmosphere and delicious food. The server was wonderful and everything was well priced, except for the caesar salad. Apparently, they are known for it but it was just okay. It was cool that they prepare it table side but not worth $10 per salad. Other than that, I highly recommend!Special Features:
- They tried hard.....SeekingNewFoodAdventuresDined on 9/26/2014Basically the food was good. My girlfriend's gnocchi with duck sauce tasted terrible to her and I both and my shrimp & scallops were "ok". To the Manager's credit, he came over, asked about the food, and when we said her didn't taste good at all, he suggested that some people might not like the duck sauce and if he could replace if with some else. She said plain gnocchi and offered to add shrimp and she accepted. But then it was ok at bes, as was the salad and the stuffed sausage & mushroom. BUT, then the next day we both felt bad with gastro-intestinal distress. Bottom ine is that all the dishes were very heavy on the oil used to prepare them. They were swimming in olive oil. No light touch here.
- Good food but...CamilleDined on 9/26/2014Yes, the food was good (although not GREAT); however, based on other reviews I asked to be seated downstairs. Some tables were very nice, but ours was in a dark spot and in a location where I kept being jostled by wait staff and customers. But worse was our server, who greeted us by saying 'Hi Guys!' to my husband and I and was just plain goofy and VERY slow (at one point he said he'd be right back and I bet he was gone for more than 10 minutes.)
- Quaintloves2luvDined on 9/26/2014Bistro Romano is a quaint restaurant with fabulous food. You will not leave hungry either. The staff/service were super friendly! We will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentEnjoyfunfoodDined on 9/25/2014Everything from beginning until end was delicious! Consistently!Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 9/24/2014Bistro Romano is by far the best of Philadelphia's Restaurant scene. Warmly greeted on arrival. The specials last evening were extensive and us wanting to have a sample of everything. Settled on mussels apetizer and veal saltimbocca. Superb! My wife had Duck and is still talking about it. Extensive wine list. From the hostess to the bar tender to the waiter to the manager.....all make you want to come back....soon! Like being with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 9/24/2014Always a pleasant experience. My daughter and I come here several times a year. Never a bad experience. Food is sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the ambiancecoffeegirl2Dined on 9/23/2014From the first night I encountered this place, I just loved the ambiance. The caesar salad made table side is a plus. It's a great place to go for a date night. I spend my birthday there every year. I love it.Special Features:
- Happy we finally dined here!ratlady73Dined on 9/21/2014I've been meaning to visit this restaurant for a couple of years, and I'm glad I finally did. We dined in the old wine cellar which created a rather unique ambiance. The famous Caesar salad is famous for a reason. It's prepared table-side - dressing and all - and is very fresh and delicious. For the main course I had the duck which was prepared perfectly. My 6-year-old son had kids' ravioli, after he was done eating most of my Caesar salad. The ravioli were tasty but could have been drained better. He didn't seem to mind however, so I'm not taking a star away for that. The cannoli and tiramisu we had for dessert were very, very fresh and tasty. We'll be going back for the Caesar salad for sure.Special Features:
- price & food good coupleInesarteDined on 9/20/2014Not a gourmet restaurant; huge dishes, lots of food. Waiter was excellent, charming & serviceable.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere3jaysDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely awesome service. Food was good. The dining area downstairs is awesome. Great romantic place for a couple or small groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!food4thoughtDined on 9/20/2014The service was impeccable. Both the manager Anthony and our waitress were very accommodating. This was even after the fact that our original table we were sat at wasn't to our liking so they were able to move us downstairs without a second thought. The food was also on par and overall not that expensive considering the homemade pasta and slow cooked meats. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Fun and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You have to go. A new tradition place to visit. Service, ambience, food great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceFoodieforLifeDined on 9/19/2014Went for restaurant week, food was awesome Fried artichokes were amazing, lobster ravioli to die for, goat cheese tortellini were melt in your mouth. The osso buco and mushroom risotto were also very, very good Service was excellent The restaurant itself is a treasure, lots of history and beautiful job keeping the building true to its originsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro romanoinggeDined on 9/19/2014it was perfect for what i was looking for to celebrate our 15yrs wedding anniversary. the ambiance was very romantic and it was restaurant week so it was perfect for us . The food choices was ok but I should have have tried the duck that everyone is raving about, maybe next time. I will recommend it for a date night restaurant to go toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant week pickEmmaDined on 9/19/2014Food-wise the standouts were perch (who has perch on the menu? and it was nicely cooked), pasta fazool, and limoncello sorbet. The service was friendly and attentive but slow. This was fine with my party & me; we were super busy talking and very happy to linger. Perhaps if we had been tapping our collective feet and glowering it would have been faster. The downstairs dining room is an authentic Italian buca. I thought the wine list was very sensible and sensibly organized. They had a decent selection of wines by the glass on the menu itself so you didn't need a PhD in oenology or hours at your disposal to make your choice. I had a red wine from Liguria (which is all I can remember about it, sorry) that was very good and modestly priced.Special Features:
- the HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014When we arrived at Bistro Romano, the Hostess was unfriendly, unsmiling, and unwelcoming. She was unable to find our reservation and when I showed that it was kk on my smartphone, she didn't acknowledge. Happily a gentleman came and was able to kk our table. The food was delicious. And Rosie our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CityboyEats2Dined on 9/18/2014Bistro Romano is a beautiful restaurant with an interesting history. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The food was creative and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ChullyDined on 9/13/2014One word for the food = Orgasmic! Everything was just absolutely perfect! I am seriously considering traveling to Philadelphia from NJ at least once a month just to eat here!.Special Features:
- Love itLovedDined on 9/13/2014This place was great. Awesome for a date. The ambiance is classy, the service is great and the food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badReviewedDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week, never visited here before. When we walked in our table wasn't ready, so we hung at the bar for about 5 minutes. There was a pianist playing familliar songs, which was sweet. We waited a while for any attention after seated. Our server was nice, but he looked overworked and I felt like he had one foot in different directions. When he came to our table and asked us if we needed anything, I know he was secretly hoping we didn't want anything. Also, the walls are stone, but there's white granular gunk on it, which I was scared to rub against. Looked very sketchy. Anyway, food was great, ambiance was ok, Service was eh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY nice service, GREAT food!RedBeardDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was great! Polite, fast, and vert nice. The food was delicious, the bruschetta was varied and tasty, the appetizers were very good, the calamari was amazing, the cheese was good but not quite what we expected. The lobster ravioli was AMAZING! The desert, cheesecake, and the tira misu, were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedfoodiecriticDined on 9/12/2014Friendly and attentive staff, prompt service, romantic, cozy ambiance. I am glad we tried Bistro Romano. I had the Lobster Ravioli and it was absolutely delicious! My husband, who is not a foodie like myself ordered the duck and said it was the best thing he ever ate! We have this on our list of places to revisit for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food pleasures on a budgetAjaiTheFoodieDined on 9/11/2014Decided to indulge in restaurant week w/ my mother and agreed to dine at Bistro Romano. Walking in takes me back to my trip to Rome and the decor is quaint. My mother was very pleased with the food and the ambiance, and I was very pleased with the service. Definitely a place enjoy a lovely meal w/ family or w/ that special someone. Also, try a drink at the bar. The design is jaw dropping to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy wife,made very happy husbandweluvBistroDined on 9/9/2014Most fabulous restuarant in society hill. I was in the dog house,so to speak...even though the small cake i ordered for my wife,it was our anniversary, didnt make it...i still was king!! Everything about this restuarant was beyond perfect.,so much, when back at the hyatt,security was called,lol, they thought it was a screaming,knock down fight...not at all!! Bistro romano made my night cap with my wife, like we were teenagers again!! Price was right, food was superb,and we walked back to the hyatt pawwing at each other. I owe bistro romano a kidney if he needed it!! Its a must go,eat,drink,and be shown super gratitude from the misses afterwards. No more dog house for me!! Love this place. You will love it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpebblesdiz62Dined on 9/9/2014Our service from the moment we walked in was great. Food was excellent n it was so easy to reserve using open table. thanks for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ???lobsterDined on 9/8/2014Did not know what was included in restaurant week special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaaliDined on 9/7/2014Came here to celebrate my Mom's birthday. The food was outstanding. You could tell that everything was made fresh. The service was attentive and the manager even gave us free desserts. It was a great experience and I would recommend to anyone who enjoys fresh Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This is a great place for a relaxing dinner with great food! A little expensive for the portions but very fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant and ambience.Charis7Dined on 9/1/2014A friend had a 5 hour overlay waiting to fly to Europe from the Midwest. My wife and I needed to find a restaurant where we could talk and catch up. I scanned Trip Advisor for an hour as he had some food requests. Italian fit the bill. The first several we tried were not open, but I am glad. A few said the atmosphere was a bit loud. Bistro Romano was listed as Romantic and I can see why. Not that we were looking for that, but we were looking for quiet and romantic seemed closest to fitting that bill. It really is one of the best I've been to as far as a romantic setting and very close to what I experienced in Rome when I lived there. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonerDined on 8/31/2014We chose this restaurant for our 53 anniversary celebration and thought it was wonderful. Food was great and the Caesar salad preparation at our table was so much fun. The only thing I would change is that we ordered a glass of wine which was delicious but I thought the portion was skimpy. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingcogan138Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have been the Bistro Romano at least 15 times since we found it. We attempt to go at least once a month for our "Date Night" without the kids. In those experiences, we have never had a bad meal. Now that's consistency and a great reason for going back. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is great for an adult night night with or without friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in PhillypwillDined on 8/30/2014This is by far the best Italian restaurant by far!! All the servers are the friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your satisfied! The Manger is there all the time stopping by every table to make sure you enjoy every second of your dinner his name is Anthony and he will make sure you have the best experience!! The food is great the service is great the scene is very romantic! You should take your date here to make them happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ali WestAli7884Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I had a great time. The food was very good and prepared as ordered and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambiance!Steph73Dined on 8/29/2014Visited Philly for the first time and came across this gem of a restaurant. Romantic atmosphere. Ceasar salad doesn't get any better than the one that is prepared at the table side. Roasted duck is definitely a must! Would highly recommend for a relaxed, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy our nightLeaveAMarkDined on 8/26/2014The service was good, we had a nice waitress who made sure to check on us and bring what we wanted with out long waits in between. The food was okay. My wife had the Lobster Ravioli which I thought was good. I had the sausage with broccoli rabe pasta. Again not amazing but still good. The overall atmosphere of the place though is fantastic. We sat downstairs and besides the rocking chairs cause the floor was uneven we did enjoy ourselves. Its worth checking out at least once. But probably not a place we would want to frequent often.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceConnieVIPDined on 8/25/2014We really loved this restaurant. Charming place with great food and service. The only negative was a couple of small children who could be heard throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint 18th century venuefromtheburbsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner there; we went to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday.Special Features: