120 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroromano.com/
- Phone: 2159258880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Romano provides off-site catering & theme parties for 25 to 2500.
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Friday & Saturday; Mystery Dinner Theater Friday & Saturday - Must call 215-238-1313 for Mystery Theatre tickets.
- Cross Street: Between Front and 2nd
- Public Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Meters are free after 5pm on Wednesday nights . Discounted parking at Park America Garage at 215 Lombard Street: Sunday-Thursday $6, Friday and Saturday $15. Acquire parking pass from hostess.
A word from Bistro Romano
This Historic Landmark, nestled in an 18th century granary, will stimulate your senses with an ambiance of candlelight and casual elegance while creating an unforgettable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award for our wine list! Voted a “Best of Philly” Restaurant, guests enjoy Bistro Romano’s acclaimed Regional Italian Cuisine and rave of the award-winning Caesar Salad prepared tableside and the romantic underground wine cellar for two. Please call for Wine Cellar and Mystery Theatre reservations. We are now celebrating our 25th year! Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). Over 750 wine selections, including 20 by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Romano - Best Restaurants in Society Hill ›
Bistro Romano reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (184)special occasion (136)neighborhood gem (104)notable wine list (100)fit for foodies (81)good for groups (45)hot spot (17)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Fabulous Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food, environment and service were all FANTASTIC!!!! A totally delicious experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zagats ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014If you like being kept waiting for 40 minutes for your reserved table for 5; if you want a table with chairs which actually slide down an incline located in a stiff breeze because the main door is left open; if you like sending out the bloodhounds to find your waiter; if you enjoy patrons who act as if they have reserved the restaurant for a private bachelor/bachelorette party; if you want food which arrives lukewarm and is indifferently presented then this is definitely the place for you. Saturday night at this restaurant was one of the most unpleasant dining, no eating, experiences ever and because it was to be a special evening for out-of- town guests totally embarrassing.
- Great eveningGOODDined on 10/25/2014We dined here a yr. ago. Food was good this time, but not as good as last year. We will go backSpecial Features:
- wonderful!GastroDined on 10/24/2014Very consistent. Happy to have this restaurant in my neighborhood to share with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I went there with my girlfriend for our anniversary. It was perfect! The food was amazing and the service was second to none.Special Features:
- Second to none!rsteely1020Dined on 10/19/2014There is no place like Bistro Romano. It great for a special occasion or just a night out with friends. The décor is romantic and inviting and the service is second to none. The food is always prepared to perfection and the desserts are to die for. I would HIGHLY recommend Bistro Romano to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!GBTOUBSDined on 10/18/2014WE DROVE DOWN FROM CT EARLY IN THE MORNING TO VISIT OUR SON WHO IS ATTENDING UPENN. HE IS A FUSSY FOODIE, AND AT THE TENDER AGE OF 20, A HARSH CRITIC. WE WERE JOINED BY OUR NIECE, ALSO LIVING IN PHILLY. THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WAS POSITIVE, AND OUR DINNERS WERE DELICIOUS, AND ALMOST REFRESHING. WE WILL GO BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJMBTGBVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great service, great food and a nice wine list. Will go back to try desserts - too full first time!!Special Features:
- QuaintCarlDined on 10/18/2014Nice romantic Italian wine cellar dinning, great menu and food. Have dined there many times. Located in Society Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Came here on my birthday with my 9 year old daughter.... Then brought my boyfriend on his birthday. Enjoyed both experiences!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro romanoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Yet again bistro Romano delivered a top notch dining experience. I think the waiter was new cause he didn't seem to know the menu fully but the food was incredible and the wine list goes on for days with several gems. While it isn't my #1 Italian restaurant in the city it is definitely near the top of the listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better at chain restaurantMadFoodieDined on 10/16/2014Wanted a romantic setting for my Boy friends birthday so after seeing pictures and reading reviews I decided to go. Some reviews have 5 🌟 for food some have 1🌟. The food was less then flavorful! I've had better Italian at chain restaurants which is disappointing. But hey you live and you learn. Not to helpful or friendly with minority'sSpecial Features:
- It just wasn't goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014The flavors were not there. Nothing bad, just not for us.
- ServiceDinerDined on 10/12/2014Service was not up to previous dining experience here. Asked for something when we ordered and then served we had to ask again. Served a spoon with desert and found it inadequate to use. Asked fork. Finally got up and took from another table. Fork never came. Attention to detail lacking. Food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014My wife and I live in Bucks, but trek too your restaurant at least 4 -5 times a year, love it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only Issue was ParkingHSteinDined on 10/10/2014Great food, great service. We started off at the bar with a glass of wine. We got seated downstairs which was a little tight but somewhat romantic due to the lighting and decor. We ordered two of the specials for the night; the menu is extensive though and looked very good. The swordfish was delicious and well-priced but the appetizer & pasta were a little steep (appetizer was $15 for a very small plate of mozzarella & pumpkin gnocchi was $30). Both had great flavor, but if you are price conscious, you might want to ask before ordering any specials. Parking in this area stinks though and a garage spot costs $25.00 on a weekend night. I suggest taking a cab or train if you can to save yourself the headache of trying to look for a spot.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Overall wonderful meal and I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Fantastic steak fritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014We were very happy with our dinner here. The atmosphere was lively and the waiter was attentive. The menu was fairly limited but that being said, everything on the menu was very appealing. The steak frites was the best meal that I have had in a long time and the pasta carbonara was also very satisfying. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancelauraDined on 10/5/2014Service was excellent and right on point. Wine list, while very extensive, was very well catagorized and easy to view. Food was very good and the ambiance downstairs is very romantic. Great place for date night.Special Features:
- Has been betterDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014I have visited Bistro Romano several times for dinner and this was my least favorite visit. My stuffed chicken, although large in portion size, was small in flavor. The bread pudding dessert was mushy and not very good. I'll go back but only for the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Night Out in PhillyBlackmoonDined on 10/3/2014The bar area is great and has character. The dining area in the basement has a dungeon feel with a cozy atmosphere. If your in Philly and looking for a spot to dine, the Bistro Romano is the spot on the low!Special Features:
- Not quite as good as other timesPhillySoozDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I usually come here for our anniversary, New Year's Eve and/or Valentine's Day, since it is one of the most (if not the most) romantic restaurants in the city. We always have the Caesar salad, which this time didn't live up to previous experiences. We told the waitress not to hold back on the garlic. And, yet, the amount of garlic wasn't "zingy" enough, as it has been in the past. The proportion of the other ingredients also seemed to be "off." I also ordered the ricotta fritters. They were well-cooked and not greasy, but not very flavorful. The bruschetta was delicious, however. We were too full after the appetizers and salad to have entrees. We will be back, though, since I think it was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Philly Italian GemBenjyDined on 9/29/2014I went there with my girlfriend on a spontaneous date. It was in a beautiful little neighborhood. The place smelled great. The food was awesome! The service was fantastic. We will definitely be going there again soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful staff, special dinnerout2eatDined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our 26th anniversary here. It was a wonderful night - great food, romantic setting, and fabulous service. We couldn't have asked for more! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice End to The SeasonwawagasmanDined on 9/28/2014Great place for all type of food. All four of our meals were outstanding. Good wine list as well. Great ending to a lackluster Phillies SeasonSpecial Features:
- Always PleasedLoveMyFoodDined on 9/27/2014With our evening meal at Bistro Romano. Once a year we head to this restaurant for a terrific meal and service! This year is not a disappointment. We always start with a reasonable priced wine and stuff mushroom appetizer. Then onto the entrees for me it will be a veal dish and for my significant other a seafood dish with scallops. We even contemplated dessert but passed.Special Features:
- Delish!NeverOneToGiveAReviewDined on 9/26/2014This place is a hidden gem! Loved the romantic atmosphere and delicious food. The server was wonderful and everything was well priced, except for the caesar salad. Apparently, they are known for it but it was just okay. It was cool that they prepare it table side but not worth $10 per salad. Other than that, I highly recommend!Special Features:
- They tried hard.....SeekingNewFoodAdventuresDined on 9/26/2014Basically the food was good. My girlfriend's gnocchi with duck sauce tasted terrible to her and I both and my shrimp & scallops were "ok". To the Manager's credit, he came over, asked about the food, and when we said her didn't taste good at all, he suggested that some people might not like the duck sauce and if he could replace if with some else. She said plain gnocchi and offered to add shrimp and she accepted. But then it was ok at bes, as was the salad and the stuffed sausage & mushroom. BUT, then the next day we both felt bad with gastro-intestinal distress. Bottom ine is that all the dishes were very heavy on the oil used to prepare them. They were swimming in olive oil. No light touch here.
- LuvwineDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready on time.The food and wine were outstanding. Service was great. Our dinner was a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...CamilleDined on 9/26/2014Yes, the food was good (although not GREAT); however, based on other reviews I asked to be seated downstairs. Some tables were very nice, but ours was in a dark spot and in a location where I kept being jostled by wait staff and customers. But worse was our server, who greeted us by saying 'Hi Guys!' to my husband and I and was just plain goofy and VERY slow (at one point he said he'd be right back and I bet he was gone for more than 10 minutes.)
- Quaintloves2luvDined on 9/26/2014Bistro Romano is a quaint restaurant with fabulous food. You will not leave hungry either. The staff/service were super friendly! We will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentEnjoyfunfoodDined on 9/25/2014Everything from beginning until end was delicious! Consistently!Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 9/24/2014Bistro Romano is by far the best of Philadelphia's Restaurant scene. Warmly greeted on arrival. The specials last evening were extensive and us wanting to have a sample of everything. Settled on mussels apetizer and veal saltimbocca. Superb! My wife had Duck and is still talking about it. Extensive wine list. From the hostess to the bar tender to the waiter to the manager.....all make you want to come back....soon! Like being with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 9/24/2014Always a pleasant experience. My daughter and I come here several times a year. Never a bad experience. Food is sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the ambiancecoffeegirl2Dined on 9/23/2014From the first night I encountered this place, I just loved the ambiance. The caesar salad made table side is a plus. It's a great place to go for a date night. I spend my birthday there every year. I love it.Special Features:
- Happy we finally dined here!ratlady73Dined on 9/21/2014I've been meaning to visit this restaurant for a couple of years, and I'm glad I finally did. We dined in the old wine cellar which created a rather unique ambiance. The famous Caesar salad is famous for a reason. It's prepared table-side - dressing and all - and is very fresh and delicious. For the main course I had the duck which was prepared perfectly. My 6-year-old son had kids' ravioli, after he was done eating most of my Caesar salad. The ravioli were tasty but could have been drained better. He didn't seem to mind however, so I'm not taking a star away for that. The cannoli and tiramisu we had for dessert were very, very fresh and tasty. We'll be going back for the Caesar salad for sure.Special Features:
- price & food good coupleInesarteDined on 9/20/2014Not a gourmet restaurant; huge dishes, lots of food. Waiter was excellent, charming & serviceable.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere3jaysDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely awesome service. Food was good. The dining area downstairs is awesome. Great romantic place for a couple or small groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!food4thoughtDined on 9/20/2014The service was impeccable. Both the manager Anthony and our waitress were very accommodating. This was even after the fact that our original table we were sat at wasn't to our liking so they were able to move us downstairs without a second thought. The food was also on par and overall not that expensive considering the homemade pasta and slow cooked meats. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Fun and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You have to go. A new tradition place to visit. Service, ambience, food great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.